• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Cheapskates Delayed For 24 Hours In Bangkok Thanks To Scoot! Fly SQ Next Time Pls!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
https://www.facebook.com/caron.tan.16/videos/1798918873470245/

passengers-swarm-scoot-customer-service.jpg

SINGAPORE: Passengers on a Scoot flight from Bangkok to Singapore were stranded for almost 24 hours from Friday night (Jun 30) after the flight was grounded for troubleshooting.

Flight TZ297 was scheduled to depart Bangkok at 10.55pm Bangkok time (11.55pm Singapore time) on Friday.

However, it "experienced an issue with the aircraft air-conditioning and pressurisation system" and was grounded in Bangkok for further troubleshooting as a result, an airline spokesperson said in response to Channel NewsAsia's queries.

"Troubleshooting of the defective system had been completed and the defect isolated. Accordingly, the flight was re-scheduled to 8pm Bangkok time (9pm Singapore time) on Jul 1," the spokesperson said.
The airline also said that guests were provided food, water and hotel accommodation in the meantime.

"Safety is of utmost importance to Scoot and we will spare no effort to ensure the welfare of our guests," it added.

One passenger, Mr Raymond Foo, said tempers were flaring at the airport as there was no information provided on the delay. Passengers were sent to a hotel at close to 6am, he said, adding that they were initially told the flight was rescheduled to 5.30pm, but only boarded the plane at 8.10pm. The flight started taking off at around 9pm, according to Mr Foo.

Live video posted by Facebook user Caron Tan at 5.56pm showed angry customers swarming Scoot staff at the airport.

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...randed-in-bangkok-for-almost-24-hours-8995572

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Cheapskates Delayed For 24 Hours In Bangkok Thanks To Scoot! Fly SQ Next Time Pls

Too bad they were stranded at the wrong airport in Bangkok - Don Mueng.

Scoot must have been hoping to save on the accommodation for budget passengers, which explains the delay of more than 6 hours before the passengers were transferred to hotel.

One-way ticket during this time of the year is about $120 - $150 for Scoot. The hotel accommodation will cost easily $50 per pax. Liao Lwee Liao.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Cheapskates Delayed For 24 Hours In Bangkok Thanks To Scoot! Fly SQ Next Time Pls

Accommodation provided.

Too bad they were stranded at the wrong airport in Bangkok - Don Mueng.

Scoot must have been hoping to save on the accommodation for budget passengers, which explains the delay of more than 6 hours before the passengers were transferred to hotel.

One-way ticket during this time of the year is about $120 - $150 for Scoot. The hotel accommodation will cost easily $50 per pax. Liao Lwee Liao.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

These cheapo Charlies like the 70% deserved to be fucked.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

claim travel insurance lah. assuming these cheapskates actually did buy.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

claim travel insurance lah. assuming these cheapskates actually did buy.

Yes, they can. But the crux of the issue is the period of delay - almost 24 hours ! They could have settled them early within 3 hours by either transferring them to another aircraft or hotels. The flight was supposed to depart @10.55 pm, and if you take into account the time they checked in @ airport to the time they were finally transferred to hotels @ 6.00 am in the morning, it's a massive cock up by Scoot. What's more, they were at Don Meung Airport. The place is small and dull compared to Suvarnabhumi Airport. What could the stranded passengers do @ such an old jaded airport ? I worry if they don't KPKB.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Reminds me of the Tiger experience. This is their trademark, cancelled flights & leaving people angry.

Read that Tiger has been absorbed into Scoot. Looks like Scoot is the new Tiger & should be avoided.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Budget airlines operate on a very low budget. They dispense with the overheads of having spare planes and crew.

Twits who expect the good standards of comfort and reliability from budget airlines deserve to be stranded.

I fly business class or better and I have never had a bad experience with any airline.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reminds me of the Tiger experience. This is their trademark, cancelled flights & leaving people angry.

Read that Tiger has been absorbed into Scoot. Looks like Scoot is the new Tiger & should be avoided.

Tiger will fizzle out completely in November this year, and the planes will be repainted to Scoot design. The Tiger attendants will don Scoot uniform in November too.

It's hard to avoid Scoot and Tiger if you fly often to Thailand. I pay $120 to $150 for return tickets.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Budget airlines operate on a very low budget. They dispense with the overheads of having spare planes and crew.

Twits who expect the good standards of comfort and reliability from budget airlines deserve to be stranded.

I fly business class or better and I have never had a bad experience with any airline.

You are lucky but bad things can always happen even if one is using full service airlines.

Once when flying with United biz class, the plane was hit by lightning soon after taking off from Spore. The flight was delayed in HK because the part had to be flown in. There was a delay of over 11+ hours before the plane was repaired & we continued the journey to the US.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

It's hard to avoid Scoot and Tiger if you fly often to Thailand. I pay $120 to $150 for return tickets.

I go via SQ 978 business class. Only $1116.90 return.

Thinking of buying my own plane in the near future.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tiger will fizzle out completely in November this year, and the planes will be repainted to Scoot design. The Tiger attendants will don Scoot uniform in November too.

I usually take Jetstar. Did take a look at Scoot but Scoot's schedule is inconvenient for me.

I might be paying more $ but so far I'm happy with the reliability & schedule of Jetstar.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Scoot is no ordinary budget airline. All its planes are brand new 787s. I am surprised that one of them has such a failure.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

I usually take Jetstar. Did take a look at Scoot but Scoot's schedule is inconvenient for me.

I might be paying more $ but so far I'm happy with the reliability & schedule of Jetstar.

Buy your own plane and just tell your own pilot what time you'll be at the airport.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can charter private jets. No need to buy one.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

its amusing tbese sinkies budget airline passengerz got the nerves to stomp,complain...its a disgrace!!! sinkies better deal with it istead of throwing tantrums