• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Kishore Keling Tells LHL To Shut Up And Lay Low! Stop Pissing Off Chinkland!

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look no further than the wikileaks of him basking in the flattery of US State Dept officials who sought his views on the region, including assessments of the leaders. His arrogance and over confidence was decibels loud...

Is it? I was not aware of Wikileaks on Bilahari. If this were true, it wouldn't be a good sign. The only reason why State Department officials would flatter a relatively unimportant guy like him is because he is perceived as a pushover in negotiation and easy to 'bribe' with empty praises.

So far all I've heard from him is the self-boasting about how the Chinese are supposedly scared of his no nonsense toughness. Interestingly no Chinese official, media or commentator seem to have even said anything about him. I would have thought if he's really such a tough guy, they would either be bashing him left right center or spending significant efforts to persuade him to lay low, but he seems to be a total non-entity not even worth of a fleeting mention as far as China is concerned. Tommy Koh at least had the honor of being discussed / accused occasionally.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
So far all I've heard from him is the self-boasting about how the Chinese are supposedly scared of his no nonsense toughness. Interestingly no Chinese official, media or commentator seem to have even said anything about him. I would have thought if he's really such a tough guy, they would either be bashing him left right center or spending significant efforts to persuade him to lay low, but he seems to be a total non-entity not even worth of a fleeting mention as far as China is concerned. Tommy Koh at least had the honor of being discussed / accused occasionally.

I can assure that he is indeed a tough guy. Don't let his small stature fool you. Within that compact frame is huge intellect and a cunning ability to survive.

He was an Occifer in the SAF and he cruised through his cadet course without having to do a stroke of real work. All he used was his mouth.

I have a huge amount of respect for him.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it? I was not aware of Wikileaks on Bilahari. If this were true, it wouldn't be a good sign. The only reason why State Department officials would flatter a relatively unimportant guy like him is because he is perceived as a pushover in negotiation and easy to 'bribe' with empty praises.

I certainly remember this tool shooting his mouth off with his colourful opinion of donald trump….im certain the yanks will remember too.

Statesman, my ass.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The short and accurate description of him by the US reps as captured in Wikileaks should have taught him a lesson - obviously it did not.

Your comparison with Tommy is telling.

Product of Nepotism is telling - his father's best friends were one time MFA Perm Secs,

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is actually his first critical comment of the leadership that I can recall.

Not quite sure if he was in slumberland; however, this smart guy must have seen a much weaker maligned dog and has decided to kick it. Poor doggie.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I certainly remember this tool shooting his mouth off with his colourful opinion of donald trump….im certain the yanks will remember too.

Statesman, my ass.

99% of the world has a colourful opinion of Donald Trump so why should Bilahari be any different?

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The short and accurate description of him by the US reps as captured in Wikileaks should have taught him a lesson - obviously it did not.

Your comparison with Tommy is telling.

Product of Nepotism is telling - his father's best friends were one time MFA Perm Secs,

That's new to me. You mean Bilahari is one of LKY's best friends?

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's new to me. You mean Bilahari is one of LKY's best friends?

Bilahari is one of Boss Sam's "close"(?)/"Best"(?)/ friends so Boss speaks from personal relationship about BK.

"PS was a TV producer when he miked up Old Man to announce our separation from Malaysian where he cried and they had to take a break. Old Man was forever grateful to PS for his calming effect and guidance. He made him an Ambassador. So Bil had a huge leg up and with his sharp intellect, he took full advantage of it. Unfortunately or fortunately his mouth took over."

"Bilahari Kim Hee Kausikan s/o P S Raman is an exception, because his father was Singapore's Ambassador to the USSR.
Some time later, Bilahari was also appointed as Singapore's Ambassador to USSR (Russia), and thereafter as Singapore's Permanent Rep to the United Nations in New York."

https://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?243998-Ravi-Menon/page2&styleid=15

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
BIL's father was a diplomat based overseas but he did not bring his family with him. When they needed help, they would go see his 2 friends, Nathan was one and the other, the names escapes me but he became Perm Sec, MFA after Bogaars. BIL's father was picked by Old Man to join MFA from then RTS. So we are not talking about just one cable.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aren't these both desirable traits for those in leadership roles? :rolleyes:
I would hate to have shrinking violets with low self esteem in high positions. Things would be far worse!!! :*:

for a man as incompetent and clownlike as LHL its better if he be a wallflower and seatwarmer like goh.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, great article.

Looks like Kishore woke up from his slumber as well as broke his leash. Completely destroyed the entire citadel of MFA with one single article and the PM getting egg on his face for the second time in weeks. Expect a FB comment from our Ambassador at Large and larger than life.

he can always go back to High Street to sell sari........

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kishore is a workaholic and prolific networker and his house in Dubar Walk has hosted luminaries for dinners discussions around the World and in terms of importance and numbers second only to Sri Temasek. On occasion, old man and wife have joined in to meet these luminaries.

He also holds the record for successfully lobbying and receiving the largest single grant or donation for any institution in Singapore.

I think his options with think tanks in the US, London or Paris might be better than high st.

he can always go back to High Street to sell sari........

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
reposted by Bilahari of course:

K Shanmugam Sc
1 hr ·
[Bilahari’s brilliant response to Kishore]

Kishore Mahbubani had written a piece on foreign policy which I found questionable, intellectually.

Bilahari has given a brilliant response – the response that Kishore’s article deserves. I have included the link to his response below.

Kishore’s comments for example: “Small states must always behave like small states” are contrary to some basic principles of Mr Lee Kuan Yew Principles which made us successful. Mr Lee never advocated cravenness, or thinking small.

Did we get to where we are now, by thinking “small”? No.

That is why Singapore was and is respected, despite being one of the smallest countries in the world. And Singaporeans are proud to be Singaporeans.

As Foreign Minister, I never forgot that we were a small country and there were limits to what we can do. But equally I also knew, that once you allow yourself to be bullied, then you will continue to be bullied. And I never allowed myself to be bullied, when I represented Singapore.

There were Ministers from other countries who threatened us, in different ways, took a harsh tone, when we didn’t give them what they wanted.

As all our Foreign Ministers have done, I just looked them in the eye and told them we stood firm. They changed their attitude after that.

Handling international relations is not all toughness. It has its funny moments. One example for me, is a conversation with a former German Foreign Minister. I liked and respected him. Once he was trying to persuade me to agree with a German point of view. And he said: “We small countries should support each other” – bracketing Singapore and Germany as “small countries!” I laughed and responded to say I wished we were small like Germany, with the fourth largest economy in the world and the largest in Europe, and with a population in excess of 80 million. Charm is also part of diplomacy, and he was being friendly and charming.

We have to be clear about our interests, and go about it smartly. But not on bended knees and by kowtowing to others.

By definition almost every country, including our neighbouring countries, are all bigger than us. We treat each other with mutual respect. Once we are shown to be “flexible”, then that is what will be expected of us every time.

Quoting Thucydides without contextualising, may appeal to those who don’t know foreign policy, and lead to erroneous conclusions.

I will suggest that those with an interest in foreign policy read Bilahari. He is an intellectual, with a deep understanding of how foreign policy works.

Bilahari Kausikan: https://www.facebook.com/bilahari.kausikan/posts/1948237095433710

As one of the forummers usually posts "soixante-neuf" much?

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bilahari should shut its gap. It is disliked everywhere. It could be his own undoing. He is a wimp in a well. His occiffer preformance pathetic and will make any PRC grunt laugh. Strategic skills? None. He would not even know what has happened even after the war has been won by the enemy.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bullsh!t from a nobody who predicted confidently in front of an audience that Hilary Clinton would win hands down and suddenly became a mouse and dare not talk about his faux pas. In politics is has been said "The best insult you can give somebody is to ignore him" and that's EXACTLY what the chinese did to him and his team at MFA. His views are so crap they are not worth commenting or dignifying on, one of the jiak liao bee. what Kishore said is true. in 1970s China need LKY as China was just coming out of isolation and need accepatrnce as she has no financial or military clout. Now is different. LKY is dead and LHL or his cronies is not his equal.they are just trying to ride on his coat tails. the Chinese has a saying don't wear a hat too big for your head or you end up looking stupid as it shows literally you have a small brain.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
A big joke. Bullsh!t from a nobody who predicted confidently in front of an audience that Hilary Clinton would win hands down and suddenly became a mouse and dare not talk about his faux pas. He also did not predict the rise of islamic terrorism or mas selamat hideout in malaysia. he thought m salamat was in singapore all along with WKS. hahahhah . please give me a break.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The good minister Shan weighs in. Are you saying you samsters are smarter and more fair than good Shan?

Kishore Mahbubani had written a piece on foreign policy which I found questionable, intellectually.

Bilahari has given a brilliant response – the response that Kishore’s article deserves. I have included the link to his response below.

Kishore’s comments for example: “Small states must always behave like small states” are contrary to some basic principles of Mr Lee Kuan Yew Principles which made us successful. Mr Lee never advocated cravenness, or thinking small.
Did we get to where we are now, by thinking “small”? No.

That is why Singapore was and is respected, despite being one of the smallest countries in the world. And Singaporeans are proud to be Singaporeans.

As Foreign Minister, I never forgot that we were a small country and there were limits to what we can do. But equally I also knew, that once you allow yourself to be bullied, then you will continue to be bullied. And I never allowed myself to be bullied, when I represented Singapore.

There were Ministers from other countries who threatened us, in different ways, took a harsh tone, when we didn’t give them what they wanted.

As all our Foreign Ministers have done, I just looked them in the eye and told them we stood firm. They changed their attitude after that.

Handling international relations is not all toughness. It has its funny moments. One example for me, is a conversation with a former German Foreign Minister. I liked and respected him. Once he was trying to persuade me to agree with a German point of view. And he said: “We small countries should support each other” – bracketing Singapore and Germany as “small countries!” I laughed and responded to say I wished we were small like Germany, with the fourth largest economy in the world and the largest in Europe, and with a population in excess of 80 million. Charm is also part of diplomacy, and he was being friendly and charming.

We have to be clear about our interests, and go about it smartly. But not on bended knees and by kowtowing to others.

By definition almost every country, including our neighbouring countries, are all bigger than us. We treat each other with mutual respect. Once we are shown to be “flexible”, then that is what will be expected of us every time.

Quoting Thucydides without contextualising, may appeal to those who don’t know foreign policy, and lead to erroneous conclusions.

I will suggest that those with an interest in foreign policy read Bilahari. He is an intellectual, with a deep understanding of how foreign policy works.

https://www.facebook.com/k.shanmugam.page/posts/1413234555389737