Thread: elites thank lawrence wrong: private house rental min period drop to 3 months

My Reputation Points: 177 / Power: 0

Exclamation elites thank lawrence wrong: private house rental min period drop to 3 months

SINGAPORE: The minimum rental period for private homes has been lowered from six to three months, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) announced in a press release on Friday (Jun 30).

However, short-term rentals of less than three consecutive months, including those through online home-sharing platforms such as Airbnb and Roomorama, are still not allowed.

The move comes amid growing demand from groups seeking accommodation for periods of between three to six months, URA said. These include academics and students visiting local institutions of higher learning, and professionals on work assignments.

The minimum stay duration of six months was put in place in 2009.

More at Minimum rental period for private homes cut to 3 months

My Reputation Points: 229 / Power: 0

Default Re: elites thank lawrence wrong: private house rental min period drop to 3 months

Who are they kidding?
    Have they checked AirBnB listing under Singapore.

My Reputation Points: 4256 / Power: 10

Default Re: elites thank lawrence wrong: private house rental min period drop to 3 months

Airbnb unlike Uber got no angel investor in the form of Whore Jinx else the market will open up

My Reputation Points: 772 / Power: 9

You mean academics , students visiting local institutions of higher learning, and professionals on work assignments actually wrote to URA to ask for the law to be changed?
    They have never heard of 2/3 stars or budget hotels and service apartments ?
    Any real estate agent worth his salt can get you lower than 6 months rental easily or almost immediately!
    "The Taiwanese are ruthless, Hong Kongers are shameless and Singaporeans are ignorant."

Thread Information