Thread: Facebook login asking for ID photo

My Reputation Points: 200 / Power: 0

Default Facebook login asking for ID photo

Was trying to log into my Facebook account that I have not use for as long time and they are asking me for a photo from my IC or driving license etc

Is it right for a service provider to be asking people for such personal items to verify identity?

Will you give?

I certainly will not give however that was the only option for me. Not fair.

My Reputation Points: 209 / Power: 0

Default Re: Facebook login asking for ID photo

Facebook used to repeatedly asked me for my phone number. My mind was like NO, fuck you very much, Mark Zuckerberg.

My Reputation Points: 1591 / Power: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
    Was trying to log into my Facebook account that I have not use for as long time and they are asking me for a photo from my IC or driving license etc

Is it right for a service provider to be asking people for such personal items to verify identity?

Will you give?

Your identity is none of their business. This is why I don't have a permanent facebook account. My account is expendable and I have a few running at any one time.

If they've locked you out of your existing account just create a new account and re-invite your friends.

Wanted : Sam Leong
    NRIC: S1599536-L
    DOB: 25 May 66
    Last known address:Rented Room in Bedok South
    Please note that this Moniker is no longer Persian
    I am now of Burmese descent

My Reputation Points: 4315 / Power: 11

Fuck facebook

My Reputation Points: 226 / Power: 0

Will you give?

U probably forgot your password? Otherwise, no way facebook can verify whom u are to give u access to the account.
    "The measure of a man is best defined by his sincerity, not the thickness of his wallet, nor the opulence of wealth" ~ Matthew 25:40: "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"- (NIV)

My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

The term is called ID Proofing and it is something banks and even Governments including Singapore are working on. I too was surprised how things have evolved this fast. The next time they want to authenticate, they will ask you take a selfie and they use a matching algorithm to confirm its you with the photo provided. The Banks and Govt will use the digital photo in the passport or ID chip to do the matching. They will be provided with access to the chip on official Govt IDs.

Looks like FB is getting your reference photo ready for the next stage. The trouble is how people have anchored themselves with FB and few other apps with the single-sign on feature that they have become captives.

Quote Originally Posted by Leongsam View Post
    Your identity is none of their business. This is why I don't have a permanent facebook account. My account is expendable and I have a few running at any one time.

If they've locked you out of your existing account just create a new account and re-invite your friends.

My Reputation Points: 200 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bic_cherry View Post
    U probably forgot your password? Otherwise, no way facebook can verify whom u are to give u access to the account.
    Unfortunately this is not the case, my password is correct. Problem is I have not logged in for a long time and this time I try to log in from a new notebook, they told me I needed to verify as this is a "new device", hell they even know its a new device.

Will you give?

When you first sign up, you did not tell them exactly who you are (presumably, no real name, address, telephone number, photo, etc).

So how the hell are they going to verify your identity by you giving them some documentation now? Very strange and seems some sort of scam.

Worse comes to worst, just create a new user account.

My Reputation Points: 26511 / Power: 12

Quote Originally Posted by fupikee View Post
    When you first sign up, you did not tell them exactly who you are (presumably, no real name, address, telephone number, photo, etc).

So how the hell are they going to verify your identity by you giving them some documentation now? Very strange and seems some sort of scam.

Worse comes to worst, just create a new user account.

I wonder too this is very strange

The photo in your avatar will do nicely.

My Reputation Points: 180 / Power: 0

Theres a recent bbc documentary called 'what Facebook knows about you' and its pretty hard hitting stuff.

what many don't see is the extent to which fb intrudes into individual privacy….even if you visit other sites that fb has nothing to do with, FB gets informed.

if you use fb on your mobile, not only do they have your no (with your consent), they also know where you are every second of the day…so they can bombard you with 'relevant' advertising depending on your location.

If an individual did this, there would be a jail sentence for cyber stalking.

My Reputation Points: 132 / Power: 0

Will you give?

too bad lah

Who ask you so suay name yamato, might be that ww2 criminal mah
    To those bitches who love to report me, I am still here and fucking alive. Go fuck yourselves.

Thread Information