• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Superstitious Ah Ma Throw Coins Into Plane Engine For Good Luck! Guess Race Religion!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the-elderly-woman-was-detained-by-police-at-shanghai-pudong-international-airport-following-the-bizarre-incident-forcing-nearly-150-passengers-to-be-evacuated-from-the-plane-bound-for-guangzhou-in-sou-1498563844515-4.jpg

SHANGHAI: Asuperstitious passenger delayed a flight from Shanghai for several hours on Tuesday (Jun 27) after throwing coins at the plane's engine for good luck, Chinese officials said.

The elderly woman was detained by police at Shanghai Pudong International Airport following the bizarre incident, forcing nearly 150 passengers to be evacuated from the plane bound for Guangzhou in southern China.
The 80-year-old threw nine coins at an engine of China Southern Airlines flight CZ380 as she was boarding on the tarmac.

Eight of the coins missed their target but one nestled inside an engine, airport police said, adding that a passenger spotted her and reported it to authorities.
The elderly woman was travelling with her husband, daughter and son-in-law, Beijing Youth Daily said.

"A senior passenger threw coins to the plane's engine and delayed the flight. The passenger involved has been taken away by police," China Southern Airlines said in a statement on its Twitter-like Weibo account.
"In order to make sure the flight is safe, China Southern maintenance has conducted a full exam of the plane's engine."

The incident was soon trending on Weibo and police added in a statement: "After investigation the involved passenger surnamed Qiu said she threw the coins to pray for safety. According to Qiu's neighbour, Qiu believes in Buddhism.

"The plane is boarding again for takeoff."

Hundreds of thousands of Weibo users had a field day, with one commenting sarcastically: "Grandma, this is not a wish fountain with turtles."

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ks-coins-into-plane-s-engine-for-luck-8982576

war is best form of peace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Superstitious Ah Ma Throw Coins Into Plane Engine For Good Luck! Guess Race Relig

诚心诚信就不可以小气投硬币!

人民币百元大钞至少10张才够意思.但是金条千万不可以哦! 菩萨保佑!

W020120417551767551159.jpg

war is best form of peace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Superstitious Ah Ma Throw Coins Into Plane Engine For Good Luck! Guess Race Relig

It is usually before turn on engine that they let passengers walk near planes, just for safety, in case turbo fan sucks some one or something e.g. hats; scarf; Tudongs; turbans; Kotax napkins etc. However on windy days engines still be spinning driven by wind.

So not too bad, they just have to check and remove coins. If turbo fan was running, it will be fucked and crashed if something heavy and strong got inside at high rpm. Huat Ah!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I always knew that most Chinks are freakin' idiots. This proves it beyond doubt.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I always knew that most Chinks are freakin' idiots. This proves it beyond doubt.
But you are a chink yourself, dumbass.

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal

me too. i knew ALL chinks are morons when i was in primary school.

the only constant nagging issue i tried to resolve is
how come they were able to invent paper , gun powder in the past ,
now managed to make airplane , rockets , handphone by copying others.
these are no small feats at all.

ChineseDog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good job my fellow Chinese dog. We chinks are freakin idiots! :p

me too. i knew ALL chinks are morons when i was in primary school.

the only constant nagging issue i tried to resolve is
how come they were able to invent paper , gun powder in the past ,
now managed to make airplane , rockets , handphone by copying others.
these are no small feats at all.

Hi are a you a fellow chink?

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal

Absolutely no bigger IDIOT than Western Ang Moh in whole natural history, to CAUSED TOTAL EXTINCTION SUICIDE & claim to be intelligent.