Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The real fake news masters...LHL, IndraLee Rajah...more to come before July 3

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,765
    My Reputation Points: 1882 / Power: 7

    Default The real fake news masters...LHL, IndraLee Rajah...more to come before July 3

    The Government has been warning about fake news recently, urging Singaporeans to be more critical and discerning when reading things online.

    Yet, presently, it is ministers themselves, including the Prime Minister, who are making unsubstantiated allegations against the Prime Minister’s siblings and in-laws, on social media channels online.

    In particular, they have been questioning the “troubling” circumstances surrounding the making of Lee Kuan Yew’s Last Will in December 2013.

    Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has raised questions about the role of Lee Suet Fern, the wife of his brother, Lee Hsien Yang, in the inclusion of certain content of the will. While he didn’t outright accuse her of fraud, the insinuation seems to be that.

    Also, the Senior Minister of State (SMS) for Law, Indranee Rajah, has repeated the same inference in a post on Saturday on her Facebook page.

    All this while Singaporeans await the sitting of Parliament on 3 July where PM Lee said he will deliver a ministerial statement on the saga, and ministers say they will also be speaking on the matter.

    First, it is disconcerting that the Prime Minister would himself cast such aspersions on Ms Lee, without offering more concrete proof of any wrongdoing. Ditto Ms Indranee, and especially so given she is the SMS for Law. One would have thought she would know better than to offer nothing more than insinuations.

    Second, it is worth remembering that the Last Will was made and signed by Lee Kuan Yew 4 years ago.

    PM Lee did not raise any questions about the will then, before probate was given by the courts.

    It is also worth keeping in mind that PM Lee’s personal lawyer at the time was Lucien Wong, who was later appointed Attorney General in early 2017. It is thus reasonable to say that PM Lee had the best legal advice available to him.

    Now, only after 4 years, is PM Lee and his government claiming that there are dubious circumstances surrounding the Last Will’s finalisation.

    While the silence by PM Lee and the Government during the 4-year time lapse is questionable, even if consideration is to be given to their concerns, it should be the courts which should be the arbitrator, and not the court of public opinion.

    In other words....


    https://publichouse.sg/govt-should-t...-social-media/
    ___________________


    Like dat aso can meh
    https://likedatosocanmeh.wordpress.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,765
    My Reputation Points: 1882 / Power: 7

    Default Re: The real fake news masters...LHL, IndraLee Rajah...more to come before July 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuseous View Post
    The Government has been warning about fake news recently, urging Singaporeans to be more critical and discerning when reading things online.

    Yet, presently, it is ministers themselves, including the Prime Minister, who are making unsubstantiated allegations against the Prime Minister’s siblings and in-laws, on social media channels online.

    In particular, they have been questioning the “troubling” circumstances surrounding the making of Lee Kuan Yew’s Last Will in December 2013.

    Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has raised questions about the role of Lee Suet Fern, the wife of his brother, Lee Hsien Yang, in the inclusion of certain content of the will. While he didn’t outright accuse her of fraud, the insinuation seems to be that.

    Also, the Senior Minister of State (SMS) for Law, Indranee Rajah, has repeated the same inference in a post on Saturday on her Facebook page.

    All this while Singaporeans await the sitting of Parliament on 3 July where PM Lee said he will deliver a ministerial statement on the saga, and ministers say they will also be speaking on the matter.

    First, it is disconcerting that the Prime Minister would himself cast such aspersions on Ms Lee, without offering more concrete proof of any wrongdoing. Ditto Ms Indranee, and especially so given she is the SMS for Law. One would have thought she would know better than to offer nothing more than insinuations.

    Second, it is worth remembering that the Last Will was made and signed by Lee Kuan Yew 4 years ago.

    PM Lee did not raise any questions about the will then, before probate was given by the courts.

    It is also worth keeping in mind that PM Lee’s personal lawyer at the time was Lucien Wong, who was later appointed Attorney General in early 2017. It is thus reasonable to say that PM Lee had the best legal advice available to him.

    Now, only after 4 years, is PM Lee and his government claiming that there are dubious circumstances surrounding the Last Will’s finalisation.

    While the silence by PM Lee and the Government during the 4-year time lapse is questionable, even if consideration is to be given to their concerns, it should be the courts which should be the arbitrator, and not the court of public opinion.

    In other words....


    https://publichouse.sg/govt-should-t...-social-media/
    Today's papers provided more space to repeat her insinuations first posted on FB last night.
    At this rate, who needs a parliament session to know what is going on?
    Meantime, the real questions go unanswered.
    ___________________


    Like dat aso can meh
    https://likedatosocanmeh.wordpress.com/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    535
    My Reputation Points: 298 / Power: 0

    Default Re: The real fake news masters...LHL, IndraLee Rajah...more to come before July 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuseous View Post
    Today's papers provided more space to repeat her insinuations first posted on FB last night.
    At this rate, who needs a parliament session to know what is going on?
    Meantime, the real questions go unanswered.
    Exactly right...the writing is on the wall.

    Once again, they just assumed that we are all daft.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    564
    My Reputation Points: 230 / Power: 0

    Default Re: The real fake news masters...LHL, IndraLee Rajah...more to come before July 3

    All are so dishonourable - the son, the ministers, Keling woman, - all drag LKY's legacy through the mud......LKY should have had the foresight to plan towards his demise but getting rid of these revisionists....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29,070
    My Reputation Points: 4256 / Power: 10

    Default Re: The real fake news masters...LHL, IndraLee Rajah...more to come before July 3

    Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    Exactly right...the writing is on the wall.

    Once again, they just assumed that we are all daft.
    Can't blame them as the 70% clearly gives them confidence.
    Expect more wayang then final decision to preserve and conserve the house.
    Unless LHY and LWL camp can come out with more

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29,070
    My Reputation Points: 4256 / Power: 10

    Default Re: The real fake news masters...LHL, IndraLee Rajah...more to come before July 3

    Lky are you turning in your grave yet?
    That unfilial Son of yours installed by you to inherit your kingdom is now milking all your goodwill to lend legitimacy to his reign.
    You abused the law so often now your Son is using it to Deny you your dying wish. Hahaha this is karma indeed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,793
    My Reputation Points: 1066 / Power: 5

    Default Re: The real fake news masters...LHL, IndraLee Rajah...more to come before July 3

    剩女人真的很危险

    Single and unmarried women are very dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by HK14K View Post
    No worries, the "Hero & Coward" thread will come but we should concentrate first on the nation hottest issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlyn View Post
    shameful and despicable scum PAP regime,
    a small island with millions of salary for PAP cronies from tax payers fund and yet have many hottest issues?

    only people who receive some scum benefits from shameful and despicable PAP regime cronies would agree your statement

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13,416
    My Reputation Points: 458 / Power: 0

    Default Re: The real fake news masters...LHL, IndraLee Rajah...more to come before July 3

    IR insinuated there is possible fraud the solution should come from judiciary under these circumstances n not play judge dredd,
    Further what legal perspective r they by a committee with 3 members without legal qualifications, we could hv cooks janitors n coffeesoh to make decisions like hell they will make decisions but what ground?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,765
    My Reputation Points: 1882 / Power: 7

    Default Re: The real fake news masters...LHL, IndraLee Rajah...more to come before July 3

    Lee Hsien Yang
    11 hrs ·
    SMS Indranee Rajah asks "Why is the government being asked to demolish the house now?" We have never asked the Government to allow us to demolish the house now, only after Wei Ling's departure.
    In turn, we ask "Why was a secret committee on the house formed in 2016?" On 13 April 2015, PM Lee stated that since Wei Ling intended to continue living in the house, it was for the "government of the day" to decide.
    Beyond the committee's opening letters, the committee was focussed primarily on parroting LHL's attacks on our father's will, and in particular, clause 7. (Just as SMS Indranee does now.) This was clearly an abuse of power by LHL.
    ___________________


    Like dat aso can meh
    https://likedatosocanmeh.wordpress.com/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13,416
    My Reputation Points: 458 / Power: 0

    Default Re: The real fake news masters...LHL, IndraLee Rajah...more to come before July 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuseous View Post
    Lee Hsien Yang
    11 hrs ·
    SMS Indranee Rajah asks "Why is the government being asked to demolish the house now?" We have never asked the Government to allow us to demolish the house now, only after Wei Ling's departure.
    In turn, we ask "Why was a secret committee on the house formed in 2016?" On 13 April 2015, PM Lee stated that since Wei Ling intended to continue living in the house, it was for the "government of the day" to decide.
    Beyond the committee's opening letters, the committee was focussed primarily on parroting LHL's attacks on our father's will, and in particular, clause 7. (Just as SMS Indranee does now.) This was clearly an abuse of power by LHL.



    siao gao bu

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Serious The real fake-news outlets.
    By Devil Within in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-11-2016, 03:20 AM
  2. Revealed! The real reason why PAP forced Lui Tuck Yew to quit politics!
    By LITTLEREDDOT in forum The Political / Serious Zone [no rep deductions]
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-08-2015, 02:19 AM
  3. Exposé: The real reason Old Fart praised on Xi Jinping to the skies
    By PrinceCharming in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-09-2013, 09:16 AM
  4. Breaking News > Iran girls may miss YOG! More to come ?
    By Brightkid in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 12:23 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-06-2009, 10:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •