• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Chitchat Are you overqualified to be a Security Guard? Joining Bonus $15,000 tempting ?

Victory2016

image.jpg

Joining bonus $15,000 and $16,000
Do they take in old folks like us lurking in sammyboy's Courtyard?

currypuff

Cos Mats are not employers favourites. Tats why u see so may mats with civil service. Cant blame them if they vote for miw.

You are right. I own a small business, got very bad experience with the 3 mats I employed. All very bad working attitude, no initiative and will idle at every opportunity. I caught 2 of them pocketing money, pun chance them and let them off without making police report. One of them the hubby was in jail, try to help whatever I can including giving advanced salary payment on request. They changed their tactics and continue to steal money, I fired them on the spot on the 3 time I caught them. Mats are less demanding on salary, the only positive comment.

Cos Mats are not employers favourites. Tats why u see so may mats with civil service. Cant blame them if they vote for miw.

Most are lazy. However, I once had a m&d employee who was very hardworking. She seemed quite determined to break that stereotype that m&ds are lazy. She worked long hours each week for me and did a lot of good. I gave her a positive reference when she left the organization for her future use.

Cant be lah. When i drove to n fro sinkieland to bolehland i saw so many mats toiled away clearing pax n checkg my car. Even weekends n public holidays toiled away even though hari raya. They shld all take mcs if they r lazy as u put it. At airport i also noticed mats working at airline ctrs all working non stops. SPF..SCDF...all mats at at work place. All of them shld go medical leave if they r lazy:rolleyes:

You are right. I own a small business, got very bad experience with the 3 mats I employed. All very bad working attitude, no initiative and will idle at every opportunity. I caught 2 of them pocketing money, pun chance them and let them off without making police report. One of them the hubby was in jail, try to help whatever I can including giving advanced salary payment on request. They changed their tactics and continue to steal money, I fired them on the spot on the 3 time I caught them. Mats are less demanding on salary, the only positive comment.

Wat they did was wrong. Its a sin to steal. Maybe u paid them peanut salary n shortchg them. I worked with previous pte co. My cheena colleague always get higher incremental salary than me even though both of us doing same duties.

LOL2015

Don't bullshit and talkcock. You NEVER have ANY employee except yourself, a CLOWN at sammyboy forum :biggrin:

currypuff

Cant be lah. When i drove to n fro sinkieland to bolehland i saw so many mats toiled away clearing pax n checkg my car. Even weekends n public holidays toiled away even though hari raya. They shld all take mcs if they r lazy as u put it. At airport i also noticed mats working at airline ctrs all working non stops. SPF..SCDF...all mats at at work place. All of them shld go medical leave if they r lazy:rolleyes:

It is wrong to stereotype people, there are lazy people in every race.

currypuff

Wat they did was wrong. Its a sin to steal. Maybe u paid them peanut salary n shortchg them. I worked with previous pte co. My cheena colleague always get higher incremental salary than me even though both of us doing same duties.

It's a free labour market, nobody would want to work for me if I pay below market rate. Mats are easy going people, but the mats I employed are not keen to learn. I put only people who want to increase their experience and knowledge in supervisory role. If you prefer to shake legs and lack of interest to learn, don't complain about pay increment. Two people doing the same job, the one with better performance will get higher pay raise from me regardless of race. Maybe it is just my luck I can't get good mats, my friend's business he got good mats. One of them even spoke out when he was doing something not right for the business. I would want to employ him if he ever leaves my friend business.

Yes. Tats rite. Lazy staffs cm fm all races. But to be honest with u when cm to promotion normally bosses will give priority to cheena. (Look at my siggy).

My wife works in sap school. 7/8 r Cheena staffs. Sm of those staffs very cho bo tai chee n yet got promoted. Talk abt laziness n meritocracy?

currypuff

Yes. Tats rite. Lazy staffs cm fm all races. But to be honest with u when cm to promotion normally bosses will give priority to cheena. (Look at my siggy).

My wife works in sap school. 7/8 r Cheena staffs. Sm of those staffs very cho bo tai chee n yet got promoted. Talk abt laziness n meritocracy?

In a private business driven by profit and loss, the employer is stupid if he can't recognize an employee who can help to boost his business and raise revenue even if the employee is a mat. The reality is highly motivated mats with strong drive to success are difficult to get, most prefer to do cruise through and relax tasks.

I can't comment much on the civil service. I like employees currying my favour than those showing me attitude. Maybe your wife's under performing colleagues are good at carrying balls and wayang.

do i get to sleep on the job?

or i can outsource to blangah worker then i uber myself

In a private business driven by profit and loss, the employer is stupid if he can't recognize an employee who can help to boost his business and raise revenue even if the employee is a mat. The reality is highly motivated mats with strong drive to success are difficult to get, most prefer to do cruise through and relax tasks.

I can't comment much on the civil service. I like employees currying my favour than those showing me attitude. Maybe your wife's under performing colleagues are good at carrying balls and wayang.

Yes. All bosses love to be angkat. Afterall hes d paymaster. But in real life scenario most bosses will favour cheena than mat. One can argue sama sama bangsa. So bs to meritocracy.

As for my mrs experiences...just to share abit more. Some of d staffs continue working after reachg 62 n 65. Amount of work cut so song song. Less work but still fat pay hor. Work smart type. Ask to work extra they play tai chi n say they snr citizen n youngsters must work more. Chey..all kind of excuses n principal HOD all buat bodoh. Frankly i feel tat worker who reach 60 or 62 just retire lah. Or else they may just carry on workg till drop dead thus deprievg others to be promoted or gain employment. Give those school leavers a chance to look for employment.

As for pte sector i cant comment cos boss pay fm his pocket. He can do wat he like. But civil service pay fm tax payers. No accountability?