• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Paid CBL President Goes Shaolin With Grandson!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jiat hong jiat lui jiat until like this! KNN! :eek:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-08/19/content_9495922.htm

<TABLE class=lan18 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="97%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=hei22 vAlign=bottom height=25>Singapore president impressed at Shaolin
typk.jpg

</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff height=4></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="50%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="97%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="48%">www.chinaview.cn
space.gif
2008-08-19 09:20:47
</TD><TD class=hui12 align=middle width="26%"> </TD><TD class=hui12 align=middle width="12%">
space.gif
space.gif
Print</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=lt14 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="97%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=lt14>

<!--ADV_CONTENT--><TABLE style="WIDTH: 176px; HEIGHT: 11px" height=11 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=176 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px">
xin_252080519092006259329.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px">
Abbot Yongxin (left) guides Singaporean President S. R. Nathan on a tour of the Shaolin Temple on Sunday. (China Daily/Li Kang)
Photo Gallery>>>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
BEIJING, Aug. 19 -- Singaporean President S. R. Nathan said his visit to the Shaolin Temple in Henan province on Sunday was one of the highlights of his weeklong Olympic tour.
The 84-year-old received a warm welcome at the Buddhist monastery, which is best known for being the home of the martial art kungfu.
"I'm very glad my dream finally became a reality," Nathan told Yongxin, an abbot at the temple who led a group of monks in welcoming the president, the Xinhua News Agency reported yesterday.
While at the temple, Nathan watched the monks perform their evening chants and prayers, and offered incense to the Sakyamuni Buddha.
After watching a martial arts performance, Nathan said he was very interested in kungfu and the daily lives of the Shaolin monks.
"It's not easy for them to clear their minds of mundane concerns and focus on kungfu," he said.
But what impressed him even more was how well the temple preserves the culture of Buddhism.
"That is what I appreciate the most," he said.
Despite being thousands of kilometers away, the Shaolin Temple has maintained close relations with the Buddhist community in Singapore, Yongxin said.
For example, a TV series entitled Shaolin Monks that was co-produced by the temple and a Singaporean media company will be broadcast later this year, he said.
"I hope we can deepen our ties in the future," he said.
Nathan, who flew back to Singapore yesterday, spent three days in Henan after supporting Team Singapore in Beijing.
He told the Chinese press on July 28 that he would visit the Shaolin Temple after watching the stage production Shaolin in the Wind in Singapore.
Nathan said he was considering sending his grandson, who is a fan of martial arts, to study kungfu at the temple.
Two years ago, Russian Premier Vladimir Putin also visited Shaolin. Some reports have claimed his daughters have been trained in the ways of kungfu by a Shaolin monk. (Source: China Daily)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nathan said he was considering sending his grandson, who is a fan of martial arts, to study kungfu at the temple.

Siow liao ... President Nathan wants his grandson to become a monk so that he can take over Ren Ci in a couple of years

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Siow liao ... President Nathan wants his grandson to become a monk so that he can take over Ren Ci in a couple of years

Prataman: KNN! Like this u also know? Say some more and I'll smash your skull with my prata fist!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Or 1-finger-spin-prata kungfu? :eek:

Don't pray, pray!...'spinning prata wheels with spikes"...and deadly spit from the mouth at 500m...one roll of eyes, curl the lips, one 'ptui'...you are dead!:rolleyes:

Next, by Jacky Ass Newt production, a truly Singapore Kung Fu Film:

"SHAOLIN PRATA"...

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nathan said he was very interested in kungfu

He wants to learn "Shaolin balls conditioning"? :biggrin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ghg9LVRuMhc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ghg9LVRuMhc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>"I'm very glad my dream finally became a reality,"

THANK U Singaporean for fulfilling my dream :biggrin:

Beijing Olympics - ticked
Shaolin Temple - ticked
Moon - pending

Er...didn't know we got Olympic athletes in Shaolin?
Think he should visit Wudang Mountain for Taiji masters

Hope his grandson enjoyed the trip - courtesy of fellow singaporean no doubt