• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious How long does food take to travel through our digestive system?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Out of curiosity, I noticed that my digestive system takes about 24 hours to process the food in my system. So I'm taking some time to explain what transpired:

I ate some watermelon together with its white seeds yesterday after my dinner just to see how long does it take my digestive system to egest the white seeds. I was careful not to crush some of the seeds so I tried to swallow some small pieces whole.

Ate more watermelons this morning for breakfast and waited. Took a crap in this morning, no trace of the seeds. Had my usual fried rice with eggs for lunch, got on with some workout, did some gardening. Ate another serving of watermelons after dinner.

So I took another dump just now, lo and behold, I saw the seeds floating above the rest of the crap.
As for the rest of the experiment, I aim to see when I finish egesting all the watermelon seeds.

Will keep you guys posted.

In the meantime, have you guys checked how long does the food you eat to move through your digestive system?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my dinner at 6:96pm came out this morning at 6:69am. it was arugula salad with cucumber and avocado. food found a short cut in my digestive tract. typically the cycle from food in mouth to shit in rectum is 23 hours or more if your meal combo plus sequence is poor or improper. with juicing of fruit it's a quick transit.

Last edited:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This brings my attention to lactulose and forlax... I have a bottle of lactulose sitting there idle, don't have any forlax at hand...

I recommend taking Magnesium for laxatives, instead of lactulose, forlax, etc.

Because like Vitamin D, most people are also deficient in Magnesium, and Magnesium has many other useful benefits in addition to being a laxative, such as lowering blood pressure, preventing migraine headaches, etc.

Slim_10_Sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
10 days if:

constipation-diag.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Depends on what system. It takes the human body 24 hours to turn perfectly good food into shit. But it only takes MacDonalds 10 minutes.

I'll try to purge this round of watermelon seeds first before trying out this McD + watermelons for three meals in a day.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Hmm usually when people are asking this type of question it is usually because

a) drug trafficker swallowed the pack of drugs wonder how long before they can poop it out
b) swallowed diamond ring/jewelry wonder when they should start taking out poop from toilet bowl to search for it
c) want to have anal sex but don't want to use enema to clean. Want to time it right.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I'm happy to report the presence of those white watermelon seeds this morning! Teehee...

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Out of curiosity, I noticed that my digestive system takes about 24 hours to process the food in my system. So I'm taking some time to explain what transpired:

I ate some watermelon together with its white seeds yesterday after my dinner just to see how long does it take my digestive system to egest the white seeds. I was careful not to crush some of the seeds so I tried to swallow some small pieces whole.

Ate more watermelons this morning for breakfast and waited. Took a crap in this morning, no trace of the seeds. Had my usual fried rice with eggs for lunch, got on with some workout, did some gardening. Ate another serving of watermelons after dinner.

So I took another dump just now, lo and behold, I saw the seeds floating above the rest of the crap.
As for the rest of the experiment, I aim to see when I finish egesting all the watermelon seeds.

Will keep you guys posted.

In the meantime, have you guys checked how long does the food you eat to move through your digestive system?

You could have done the same experiment by swallowing some ball bearings.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm usually when people are asking this type of question it is usually because

a) drug trafficker swallowed the pack of drugs wonder how long before they can poop it out
b) swallowed diamond ring/jewelry wonder when they should start taking out poop from toilet bowl to search for it
c) want to have anal sex but don't want to use enema to clean. Want to time it right.

Reminded me of the thief, who goes around goldsmith shops in HongKong swallowing loose gems when sales assistants are distracted. He was caught only decades later with the introduction of CCTVs. His favourites were jade pieces. Almost perfect crimes.