• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP member threatened by fellow party members for being disloyal over Oxley-squabble

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what if anything will come of this...

http://www.theindependent.sg/pap-me...mbers-for-being-disloyal-over-oxley-squabble/

A PAP member, Rio Hoe, posted a message on his Facebook page on Fri (16 Jun) revealing that threats have been made against him by his fellow PAP members, for questioning PM Lee.

When Lee family squabble first surfaced on Tuesday (13 Jun) with Hsien Yang saying that he and his sister felt “threatened by Hsien Loong’s misuse of his position and influence over the Singapore government to drive his personal agenda”, Rio wrote on his Facebook page:

“If real, this incident weakens PM Lee’s position as leader of the Party, and certainly opens up an opportunity for those who have an eye on the leadership to take advantage of the situation to strengthen their position.”

The next day on 14 Jun, Rio wrote again, “The accusations made against the PM are extremely serious. They call his leadership and character into doubt, and bring to our attention the way power is (allegedly) wielded and exercised at the upper echelons of Singapore’s political hierarchy.”

On Thu (15 Jun), he wrote to ask his fellow PAP members to question the PAP leaders over the matter, “If you are truly committed to the values of the Party that Lee Kuan Yew believed in and fought for, and if you are sincere about ensuring good governance, and making Singapore a better place, then, instead of protecting your own interests, and being afraid to offend those in positions of authority, I urge you to speak up and ask the right questions, as I have.

“It is your duty to do so, both in your capacity as a Singapore citizen, and as a person who truly cares about the future of the Party,” he added.

PAP members attack Rio

Then came the attacks from the other PAP members against Rio.

On Fri (16 Jun), Rio revealed that other PAP members have written to him to express their disapproval of his stance on the Lee family saga, given his ties to the Party.

“Some of them have questioned my loyalty, and at least one person has made threats against me,” he revealed.

In his defence, he said that he never insinuated that the allegations made against PM Lee are true. But nevertheless, he said it is also inappropriate to simply “take the PM’s word for granted”.

It is ridiculous to simply take the Lee siblings’ word for granted, just as it is inappropriate to simply take the PM’s word for granted. This is why I called for an inquiry – so that we can find out more about the matter and come to a more informed conclusion on the issue,” he said.

“We need to be ever-watchful, and take an appropriately firm stance towards those in power, and who claim to wield power on our behalf.”

He cautioned the other PAP members that blind obedience will not bring Singapore or PAP forward.

“Therefore, I am eager to hear the Party leader’s response, and I do hope that the allegations made against him are false,” he said.

Rio further elaborated why he thinks it’s important for PM Lee deals with the serious allegations made against him so that “we can move forward as a party and have our confidence in our leader restored, or reconsider our choice of leader, if necessary”.

“My point is this – I do not believe in blind obedience. This is not a wild allegation made by some fringe group, but by the Prime Minister’s siblings, who are high-profile individuals. It is therefore not disloyal to ask questions and seek answers on the issue,” he further explained.

“Making threats against me on the other hand, is not only disgraceful, but, given the circumstances, painfully ironic.”

According to his Facebook page, he is the co-founder and Chief Editor of Consensus SG as well as the Ex-Chair of the Consultative Committee at The Oxford Union. He studied Law at Oxford.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: PAP member threatened by fellow party members for being disloyal over Oxley-squab

According to his Facebook page, he is the co-founder and Chief Editor of Consensus SG as well as the Ex-Chair of the Consultative Committee at The Oxford Union. He studied Law at Oxford.

If he is truly as brilliant as it's claimed he should know what kind of pirate ship he's on

And the dumb fuck can't keep his mouth shut

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: PAP member threatened by fellow party members for being disloyal over Oxley-squab

I've always expressed my support for our good PM Lee. I wonder which retards would support the other two Lees. It is clear that political power lies in the ends of only one Lee. The other Lees are simply relying on soft power reflected from the ruling Lee in charge. They have no real power of their own, and people only respect those other Lees because of the real Lee in charge. It is plain stupid to voice support for those two useless buggers.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

If he is truly as brilliant as it's claimed he should know what kind of pirate ship he's on

And the dumb fuck can't keep his mouth shut

he better watch out for a crazy cunt called john tan….