• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious K Shanmugam challenge lhy lawyer to write to him

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
K Shanmugam Sc
3 hours ago
Cabinet Committee
Mr Lee Hsien Yang has questioned my being in the Committee chaired by DPM Teo.
There are dozens of Cabinet Committees set up on a variety of matters. Some are permanent, some are temporary.
Their composition is not public and they report to the Cabinet.
I am well aware of the rules of conflict, having been in practice for over 22 years. The suggestion that I am in conflict is ridiculous. If Mr Lee Hsien Yang seriously believes that I was in conflict, he can get a lawyer to write to me and I will respond.
I was already a Cabinet Minister when I spoke with some members of the Lee family -- at their behest -- and gave them my views. They were not my clients. Nothing that I said then precludes me from serving in this Committee.
I am sure most Singaporeans are sick and tired about these endless allegations, which are quite baseless.
The government has serious business to attend to relating to the welfare of Singaporeans.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mothership

K Shanmugam: Claim of conflict of interest by being in Ministerial Committee is “ridiculous”
June 17, 2017
He in essence said the government has better things to do than entertain the Lees' 'baseless' and 'endless' accusations.

Jeanette Tan

Things in Singapore sure move quickly.

Hot on the heels of being dragged into the conflict between PM Lee Hsien Loong and his two siblings over what to do with number 38, Oxley Road, Minister for Law and Home Affairs K Shanmugam has emerged to defend his position in the Ministerial Committee.

This detail, once again, emerged only on Saturday afternoon, when DPM Teo Chee Hean said in a statement that he was the one, not PM Lee, who set up the Ministerial Committee to discuss the matter of what should happen to the house.

In his statement, DPM Teo revealed the members of what till Saturday the younger Lee siblings described as a “secret” committee: himself, K Shanmugam, Minister for National Development Lawrence Wong and Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Grace Fu.

Responding to that, Lee Hsien Yang and Lee Wei Ling both questioned K Shanmugam’s inclusion into the committee, explaining that he was consulted quite extensively on the process of the will-drafting for their dad. For that reason, they argued, he should not be on the committee because of potential conflict.

And now, roughly one and a half hours later, Minister Shanmugam posted a pretty sharp response on his Facebook page. We’ll go over that now.

Here are the key takeaways from his Facebook post:

1) The composition of Ministerial Committees are not made public

Transparency or what have you aside, K Shanmugam said there are dozens of ministerial committees set up for various different issues and matters. Some of these are permanent, some are temporary, and all of these ministerial committees report to Singapore’s Cabinet.

2) He spoke to the Lees as a cabinet minister, and was not advising them as clients

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
DPM Teo has finally revealed the composition of the shadowy committee members. This was information that Wei Ling and I had asked for repeatedly from the outset for almost a year, and been denied. It is clear that a committee of one's subordinates, should not be sitting arbitrating an issue related to their boss. That is why the Committee is fundamentally flawed. As the subordinates of the PM, how can they possibly be in a position to deal in this private disagreement? This is the wrong forum.
We had expressed specific concerns on the possible membership of Shanmugam and his conflict of interest having advised Lee Kuan Yew and us on options to help achieve Lee Kuan Yew's wishes, and the drafting of the demolition wish. This represents a clear conflict of interest. When we raised this in writing, we were brushed off by Lawrence Wong with "Nothing you have stated precludes any member of the Cabinet from taking part in the Committee's work or its deliberations, with the exception of the Prime Minister." We found the refusal to identify the members of the committee, and to confirm Shanmugam's recusal particularly troubling as he is an experienced Senior Counsel and Minister for Law who should well understand the problem of conflicts of interests. Only now do we find out that he is indeed a member of this Committee.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
K Shanmugam Sc
3 hours ago
Cabinet Committee
Mr Lee Hsien Yang has questioned my being in the Committee chaired by DPM Teo.
There are dozens of Cabinet Committees set up on a variety of matters. Some are permanent, some are temporary.
Their composition is not public and they report to the Cabinet.
I am well aware of the rules of conflict, having been in practice for over 22 years. The suggestion that I am in conflict is ridiculous. If Mr Lee Hsien Yang seriously believes that I was in conflict, he can get a lawyer to write to me and I will respond.
I was already a Cabinet Minister when I spoke with some members of the Lee family -- at their behest -- and gave them my views. They were not my clients. Nothing that I said then precludes me from serving in this Committee.
I am sure most Singaporeans are sick and tired about these endless allegations, which are quite baseless.
The government has serious business to attend to relating to the welfare of Singaporeans.

He is basically rebutting without answering anything.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is Sham's definition of 'most Singaporeans'?

Where is the basis and supporting data of his citing this phase?

In fact, there was a small report in the MSM when reporting the house saga that a company surveyed found that 70+% (if I recalled the % correctly, but us definitely the majority) preferred the house demolished. So why the committee was setup to do otherwise?

I guess Singaporeans are more sick of pap kept raising AHTC issues.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bingo.

It's all hot air. Old Man sued, he on the other wants the party to act first.

In fact, there was a small report in the MSM when reporting the house saga that a company surveyed found that 70+% (if I recalled the % correctly, but us definitely the majority) preferred the house demolished. So why the committee was setup to do otherwise?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

kygel question, who are the most singaporeans, neh got their names? how about time for a cock i mean coke and referendum

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://mothership.sg/2015/09/worker...-hokkien-barking-dog-metaphor-on-k-shanmugam/

lim, who joined the party in 1959, used a “barking dog” Hokkien metaphor on Foreign Affairs and Law Minister K Shanmugam during his passionate rally speech.

This prompted a response from Minister Shanmugam, the anchor Minister of People’s Action Party (PAP) Nee Soon GRC team.

On his Facebook, he said that he found it “very regrettable that at an attack was made on the late Mr ‪#‎LeeKuanYew‬” and for calling Shanmugam himself a “barking dog”.

Minister Shanmugam said that he found it “disappointing that the WP officially sanctions these vile personal attacks, against our founding PM who has passed away, and calling me a dog”.

----------

so left every baffled where his loyalty is, the father, the son or the country.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The worst thing is this shit skin is in a high position of power. So sinkies are fucked!

yes, it not about point of law but point of principle. if old fart instruct him to draft a demolition clause, it is plain and obvious which side of the roti is buttered so prostituting any other idea against a dead man's will is shamelesslee disprincipled