Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,066
    My Reputation Points: 381 / Power: 0

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    I read thru some of the comments. Also noticed more than a fair few are Ang Mohs and Malaysians. They all seem lost on the issues of great concern. They are asking him to stay strong, wishing him the best, express their support, recognise the good work he has done, sympathise with the burden of governing he carries etc etc.?

    What drives these people, how do they think, do they even have children who they wish can live in a fair and just society?

    These comments are very different from the fawning style of plps and that of the grassroots lot.
    and previously before LKY died these people were supportive of all LEE family members.
    The Worker's Party is the best opposition party.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    Quote Originally Posted by whoami View Post
    Matsalleh could be PRs aka tissue papers n FTs trash. Likewise Msians also cld be PRs n jiuhukia permit holders. Jiuhukia love to praised miw for creating jobs for them.
    They have no choice, where can they run to? The nearest is here, or Taiwan, HK or even as far as Canada. Some of them were here from the 70s to now, but still PR and not Sinkiporean, ask them why, they said work here, balik Kampong MY. KNN! Tails all coming out!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    23,815
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    I did think of it once, 1.2M is lot of followers and I sure that a plp helped to organise it.

    Quote Originally Posted by JHolmesJr View Post
    It's impossible to tell who's who on social media. Could be a 100 guys and gals in a control room.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    23,815
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    Agree wholeheartedly. Compare Singapore to HK youth - a whole different lot. Politically engaged, prepared to voice their concerns and prepared to act. Their parents were the same. And both came from the same stock.

    Another feature is the reluctance to engage in discussions in the office with anything to do with politics. Where to buy durians ranks very high and which tuition teacher is good, and ones's overseas travel destination.

    Quote Originally Posted by gatehousethetinkertailor View Post
    I would have wholeheartedly agreed in the pre-internet
    days but all has changed (in terms of access to basic info) because it is easily available online now - if these zombies just spent a little time looking online and reading about the basic foundations of their societal structure it would perhaps awaken some semblance of a responsible citizenry (in the context of knowing what your government is and does should be your responsibility because you owe it to your family and kids that they are protected).

    Instead, they are glued to Korean serials and pokemon and picking fights on the roads when they are not given way (and also bitching about the "floodgates" of ATs, kabayans and APNNs).

    Its online and easily within reach (with bitesize info on each):

    http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/searc...epth%3A0;rec=0

    WIth wikipedia there is even less of an excuse to plead ignorance (but hard to claim ignorance when they do not even see the value of such matters) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Singapore

    http://www.pmo.gov.sg/about-us

    For eg, how many here knew about the Smart Nation and Digital Government Office (SNDGO)and Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech)?

    If a tourists asked a random "educated" singkie to describe the "type of government" we have I bet so many will struggle to answer coherently in accurate terms. And the same idiots are very proud of NUS and NTU being the "toppest" universities in the world.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10,142
    My Reputation Points: 2307 / Power: 8

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    The Hongkies and singkies are not the same,,,there might be similarities like British colony etc,,,but any similarities ended in the 60s. Singkieland is dominated by Hokkeins who are nothing but kiasu, kiasee, kiam siap, kia bor and die don't want face. HK is dominated by Cantonese..and their attitudes are much different. They gone through the hard times and now life for them is still hard...the Hongkies now are fighting to keep their culture and their language. The singkies gave it all up and wholeheartedly support the Speak mandarin campaigns by old fart,,,look at the youth now, the culture and the past is lost on them,,they cant even speak their own dialects,,,and the hokkeins and ah bengs can speak some hokkein,,but its more to curse and swear at others,,,and the worse thing is soo many hokkeins say speak mandarin is good,,less confusion and despite this less confusion the English and Mandarin standards are dropping...and now chap chye language is more common,,,so what good did speak mandarin campaign did? Hokkeins are not even loyal to their own language,,,look at Taiwan they are majority hokkeins,,but speak mandarin,,, Look at the Taiwanese attitude,,when a Taiwanese meet another Taiwanese overseas they speak mandarin,,,but when A Hongkie meet another Hongkie they speak Cantonese...see the difference in attitudes? Another Taiwanese attitude which exemplifies their kiasuism,..they keep saying they want to maintain the status quo,,but deep in their hearts,,they prefer to merge with the commies but they don't want to show it outwardly,,what kind of shit attitude is that? This is the same as the SIngkie attitude when it comes to erections,,,kpkb about pap, but in the end vote pap,,,than kpkb again,,and when I say why vote pap? they say no choice lah,,,I vote pap but I hope opp win,,,i want my hdb price to go up....this sort of fucking logic,,,,I am a half breed fuckien and I see the differences in both sides of the family,,,hokkiens are one fucking kind,,,




    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly. Compare Singapore to HK youth - a whole different lot. Politically engaged, prepared to voice their concerns and prepared to act. Their parents were the same. And both came from the same stock.

    Another feature is the reluctance to engage in discussions in the office with anything to do with politics. Where to buy durians ranks very high and which tuition teacher is good, and ones's overseas travel destination.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    901
    My Reputation Points: 208 / Power: 0

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    Many are beneficiaries of the system , coupled with the inbred kiasu DNA, that accounts for
    the mass support. Children and relatives of these dogs will also support the system to ensure
    continuity of the existence of that symbiotic relationship.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10,142
    My Reputation Points: 2307 / Power: 8

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    Its not a symbiotic relationship,,its a parasitic relationship,,,these dogs are parasites to the pappies and the pappies are parasites to the state,,,,look at the biggest parasite of all,,Pinky and now Shan....


    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzert View Post
    Many are beneficiaries of the system , coupled with the inbred kiasu DNA, that accounts for
    the mass support. Children and relatives of these dogs will also support the system to ensure
    continuity of the existence of that symbiotic relationship.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,835
    My Reputation Points: 2771 / Power: 4

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hypocrite
    The Hongkies and singkies are not the same,,,there might be similarities like British colony etc,,,but any similarities ended in the 60s. Singkieland is dominated by Hokkeins who are nothing but kiasu, kiasee, kiam siap, kia bor and die don't want face. HK is dominated by Cantonese..and their attitudes are much different. They gone through the hard times and now life for them is still hard...
    So the hongkies have absolutely nothing to so for despite their so-called political engagement, which is nothing more than protests and disrupting the livelihoods of others.

    When sinkies protested a lot in the 1960s, they got themselves the PAP. PAP does a good job, especially in jobs, security, housing and utilities, no more need to protest.

    I really don't understand why you take the number of protests and "political engagement" as some measure of political maturity. Lots of people are protesting because their governments are screwups, and each new government that got in as a result of those protests continue to screw things up. Every year, there are lots of labour protests in France, which basically means nothing concrete was achieved from the previous protests. Otherwise, why protest each year like it was some sort of ritual?

    If you think HK is good, go buy one of their mickey mouse public apartments to live in. Most sinkies would prefer their BTOs , cheaper and larger.
    Do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10,142
    My Reputation Points: 2307 / Power: 8

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    The protest there are orderly,,and the people are more united,,and I never say protest is good,,,,HK has its fair share of problems,,but I am saying is the Hongkie vs Singkie type of attitude,,,,I am surprise that the Hongkies work harder and their society is more competitive,,,but they still participate in Civil society,,,compare that with singkies,,,a few volunteer for the opposition parties,,the other few joint the grasslooters to get benefits,,,,,which is nothing but a bunch or parasites,,,



    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan View Post
    So the hongkies have absolutely nothing to so for despite their so-called political engagement, which is nothing more than protests and disrupting the livelihoods of others.

    When sinkies protested a lot in the 1960s, they got themselves the PAP. PAP does a good job, especially in jobs, security, housing and utilities, no more need to protest.

    I really don't understand why you take the number of protests and "political engagement" as some measure of political maturity. Lots of people are protesting because their governments are screwups, and each new government that got in as a result of those protests continue to screw things up. Every year, there are lots of labour protests in France, which basically means nothing concrete was achieved from the previous protests. Otherwise, why protest each year like it was some sort of ritual?

    If you think HK is good, go buy one of their mickey mouse public apartments to live in. Most sinkies would prefer their BTOs , cheaper and larger.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,160
    My Reputation Points: 102 / Power: 0

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan View Post
    So the hongkies have absolutely nothing to so for despite their so-called political engagement, which is nothing more than protests and disrupting the livelihoods of others.

    When sinkies protested a lot in the 1960s, they got themselves the PAP. PAP does a good job, especially in jobs, security, housing and utilities, no more need to protest.

    I really don't understand why you take the number of protests and "political engagement" as some measure of political maturity. Lots of people are protesting because their governments are screwups, and each new government that got in as a result of those protests continue to screw things up. Every year, there are lots of labour protests in France, which basically means nothing concrete was achieved from the previous protests. Otherwise, why protest each year like it was some sort of ritual?

    If you think HK is good, go buy one of their mickey mouse public apartments to live in. Most sinkies would prefer their BTOs , cheaper and larger.
    They let you out of Woodbridge for Ramadan?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,835
    My Reputation Points: 2771 / Power: 4

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hypocrite View Post
    The protest there are orderly,,and the people are more united,,and I never say protest is good,,,,HK has its fair share of problems,,but I am saying is the Hongkie vs Singkie type of attitude,,,,I am surprise that the Hongkies work harder and their society is more competitive,,,but they still participate in Civil society,,,compare that with singkies,,,a few volunteer for the opposition parties,,the other few joint the grasslooters to get benefits,,,,,which is nothing but a bunch or parasites,,,
    And they have nothing to show for it except for their dinky mickey mouse apartments, shrinking salaries, no voting rights and disappearing book sellers.
    Do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,835
    My Reputation Points: 2771 / Power: 4

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    Quote Originally Posted by rushifa666 View Post
    They let you out of Woodbridge for Ramadan?
    Oluar Aah Bak!

    My grassroots buddies and I made a lot of money during this ramadan serai bazaar.
    Do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,160
    My Reputation Points: 102 / Power: 0

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    You should gather all the barking dogs and camp outside yang's house until they go mad from the noise

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10,142
    My Reputation Points: 2307 / Power: 8

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    And what does Singapore have? large big apartments? pay rises? employment security? no gerrymandering in erections? and disappearing book stores....Singkieland sure is paradise....


    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan View Post
    And they have nothing to show for it except for their dinky mickey mouse apartments, shrinking salaries, no voting rights and disappearing book sellers.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10,142
    My Reputation Points: 2307 / Power: 8

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    The dogs need to assemble now,,Ah Yang making plans to leave singkieland,,,if wait later,,bark also no use as no one at home


    Quote Originally Posted by rushifa666 View Post
    You should gather all the barking dogs and camp outside yang's house until they go mad from the noise

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    717
    My Reputation Points: 139 / Power: 0

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    I did think of it once, 1.2M is lot of followers and I sure that a plp helped to organise it.
    Certainly this disgraceful lot are suddenly much more emboldened now - would like to see them try that same line with LSF and LHY in person:


    Fabrications About The PAP with Lee Wei Ling and 2 others.
    1 hr ·
    Who is Ng Joo Khin? what was NJK's involvement? Who actually prepared the Last Will? While Lee Suet Fern had been intimately involved in the events surrounding and leading up to the Last Will, Lee Hsien Yang told LKY that Kwa Kim Li, the lawyer who prepared the first six wills, was not contactable.
    Even if the content of the last will followed the first will, it is still a new will, given that each later version supersedes the previous one.
    Worse, it is now revealed it was not word for word the same. So what is LHY's position? That no new lawyer came into the picture in the drafting or preparation of the last will? Can this position hold water?
    LKY has a lawyer KKL to help him with his will. From the first will to the penultimate will. Six altogether. By law, that person must not be linked to a direct beneficiary. Even if you claim LKY didn't mind having a different lawyer to prepare the last will, then this new lawyer must be fully independent, must have met LKY himself to take instructions from LKY, and must be the one reading out the will to LKY's family when he passed on.
    So what is his or her name again?


    https://www.facebook.com/FabricationsAboutThePAP/

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,503
    My Reputation Points: 4375 / Power: 12

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hypocrite View Post
    The protest there are orderly,,and the people are more united,,and I never say protest is good,,,,HK has its fair share of problems,,but I am saying is the Hongkie vs Singkie type of attitude,,,,I am surprise that the Hongkies work harder and their society is more competitive,,,but they still participate in Civil society,,,compare that with singkies,,,a few volunteer for the opposition parties,,the other few joint the grasslooters to get benefits,,,,,which is nothing but a bunch or parasites,,,
    aiyah. they and their timing are so fucked up. they should have protested while british were in charge. but no they suck british cocks. they wait until tiongs took over then kpkb. too late. and they should know that too. bunch of british cock sucking morons is all i can say about hongkies.
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    18,637
    My Reputation Points: 5401 / Power: 11

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    Just came back from my usual kopi session... the baby boomers are all behind Pinky, citing that Yang shouldn't air dirty linen in public, outright violation of Chinese tradition, the younger generation are saying Lee dynasty is finally crumbling... I don't know what to say...
    i am an ordinary sinkie sheep!!!

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    23,815
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    So how did Singapore become a nation of superficial individuals with a tragic lack of civic mindedness and political consciousnesses with a penchant for writing trivia on FB even on topics that are serious.

    Philippines and Pakistan are 2 well known failed states where political feudalism reigns supreme. We are probably becoming the hip hop version of it. Trendy, feels good, delighted that they can engage the leaders and feel shiok when personal family travel and home photos of leaders are shared to keep them sedated and engaged. The benevolent pimp and his grateful whores.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    717
    My Reputation Points: 139 / Power: 0

    Default Re: wah PM fb got so many PAUL LAMPARDs

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    So how did Singapore become a nation of superficial individuals with a tragic lack of civic mindedness and political consciousnesses with a penchant for writing trivia on FB even on topics that are serious.
    Yes (emphatically)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 04:04 PM
  2. Why suddenly got so many people por Ah Sam's lampas?
    By Alamaking in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-03-2010, 08:41 AM
  3. Why SGP got so many racists one?
    By sodoMee in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-02-2010, 07:51 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-10-2009, 06:42 AM
  5. Property Developers Die Liao. Saturday Newspaper (28-Feb) Got So Many Launches
    By ahleebabasingaporethief in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 08:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •