• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Will there be a Referendum for 38 Oxley Road?

To demolish or not to demolish? That is THE question! :p

• No, but I would [b]still want[/b] the house to be [b]preserved.[/b] :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I [b]won't bother to vote[/b] because it's a waste of time and energy. :rolleyes:

• I don't know what to say...

• Total voters

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I vote for a new option? transfer ownership to Boss LeongSam, 38 Oxley will become clubhouse for all SBF members. Heard there's a secret tunnel to Istana... Bwahahahahahahaa...
LHY is already the new owner, according to LHL:
facebook.com/notes/lee-hsien-loong/summary-of-statutory-declarations/1507498539312847

"36. After the General Elections, LWL and LHY agreed to my fresh proposal to transfer 38 Oxley Road to LHY at market value, on condition that LHY and I each donated an amount equivalent to half of that value to charity, to pre-empt any future controversy over compensation or redevelopment proceeds. I was prepared to transfer 38 Oxley Road to LHY so that he and LWL could handle the 38 Oxley Road matter as they saw fit between them. In accordance with our agreement, I donated half of the value of 38 Oxley Road to charity. Although not required under the agreement, I also donated a sum equivalent to the other half of the value of 38 Oxley Road to charity. 38 Oxley Road now wholly belongs to LHY."

so Leongsam might have to buy it! :p
And according to:
straitstimes.com/politics/lee-family-to-donate-value-of-38-oxley-rd-to-eight-charities
it's worth at least S$20 million, but I believe Leongsam should be able to organize and lead a consortium to buy it from LHY. :p

The new real-life sammyboy.com:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Clubhouse
would look quite suitable for middle-aged and old men:

Attachments

• GPox41404.jpg
    GPox41404.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 674
  • GPox11404.jpg
    GPox11404.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 752
  • GPox21304.jpg
    GPox21304.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 701
  • ST_20151205_OXLEY053QOX_1892463.jpg
    ST_20151205_OXLEY053QOX_1892463.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 806
  • ST_20151205_OXLEY05_1892446.jpg
    ST_20151205_OXLEY05_1892446.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 726

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• GPox31404.jpg
    GPox31404.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 726
  • GPox21404.jpg
    GPox21404.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 693
  • GPox31304.jpg
    GPox31304.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 717
  • GPox41304.jpg
    GPox41304.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 665
  • GPox96011304.jpg
    GPox96011304.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 918

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
In those old photos can already see LHL's effeminacy. The way he stands, where he puts his arms etc.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even the Malay President got passed without any smell of a referendum and that is so much more
important..so dont expect Sinkies to referendum anything while the ruling party is in charge.

70 pct of the dumbfucks cannot even spell the word

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if she's a sexy blond like paris hilton living alone and making crispy bacon by using an erectric iron, yup, she can keep the house.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
question is will she bury skeletons in the closet or will she brew tongkat ali concoction to trap sinkie men paying her a visit?

IMG_0171.JPG

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good suggestion...a better one would be to include this question in the forthcoming Melayu EP polling sheet.

Kill 2 birds with one ketupat.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posted by Alfian Sa'at yesterday morning:
facebook.com/10154588509337371

The fate of 38 Oxley Road should definitely be settled through a national referendum. Just like the referendum for our merger with the Federation of Malaysia, there will be three options available. Faithful to that history, all of them will be a ‘yes’ vote:

A) Preserve 38 Oxley, evict Lee Wei Ling, also confiscate her laptop and handphone, then announce that a ‘secret LKY grandson’ has been living in its basement and is now ready to step into politics.

B) Preserve 38 Oxley, let Lee Wei Ling stay, relocate Sungei Road traders into the house, for why distinguish between elite and popular heritage, allow them to sell off bits and pieces from the house itself, and let casual browsers try to separate the historically significant items from junk, or pick out those with sentimental value, known only to one woman in their midst, biting her lips and trembling in indignation, she who had once unsentimentally declared that the house should be demolished.

C) Preserve 38 Oxley, gift it to the Chinese government as a peace offering to do whatever the hell it wants with it, like painting a random nine-dash line around it.

Lee Wei Ling and Lee Hsien Yang, like the Barisan Sosialis, can tell the population to submit blank votes in protest. But Lee Hsien Loong, copying his father, will insert a clause that says a blank vote will be counted as a vote for the majority option. And thus the final vote tally will be an emphatic 96%, an overwhelming mandate will be claimed, and somehow one man's private ambitions spoken of as the unstoppable will of the people.

:p

Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?244311-Lee-Wei-Ling-amp-Lee-Hsien-Yang-condemns-Lee-Hsien-Loong&p=2615331#post2615331
What heritage for the public interest? I say put it up for a referendum if that is the case!
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?244311-Lee-Wei-Ling-amp-Lee-Hsien-Yang-condemns-Lee-Hsien-Loong&p=2615905#post2615905
why only MPs can discuss and debate over the house issue.
can involve more people like us?
Please vote in the poll at the top of this thread! :p

chucky

Alfrescian
Loyal
No referendum. Let the family sort it out among themselves and some "wise" old men to mediate if necessary. Participating in a referendum will simply give credibility to the notion that the house is some kind of monument because "great" people lived in it.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before ANY referendum PLS ANSWER :
If Lee Kuan Yew really wanted to DEMOLISH, the why did he CHANGE HIS MIND and decide DO NOT DEMOLISH in version #5 and #6 of his will???!!!

Is it because he wasn't thinking clearly in version 1-4 after lifelong partner and wifey Quah Geok Choo died and muttered something to him in her dying breath to the effect of demolish that on later more coherent thought in will #5 and #6 he felt was not her true intent???!!!...

Quah Geok Choo died in 2010. What did her will say about 38OR in case the house was owned by BOTH LKY and QGC?

I need to understand what transpired through the writing of each version of the will wrt 38OR in order to decide, as there are TOO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS at this point.

Other wise any decision based on fake news, biased reporting, unanswered questions would be most hasty, mistaken and UNWISE.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lousy lah Worker Party. What settle privately or in court? What happening July 3? That is when we discuss the problem in 朝廷! Say like never say like that. Useless! :rolleyes:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No referendum. Let the family sort it out among themselves and some "wise" old men to mediate if necessary. Participating in a referendum will simply give credibility to the notion that the house is some kind of monument because "great" people lived in it.

Sort it out in the cul de sac with hatchets and knuckle dusters?