• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It may seem that she did not think she was wrong about anything - here is her 4th post for earlier this morning:

Indranee Rajah
10 hrs ·
In his FB post this morning, Mr Lee Hsien Yang suggests that the question I had put is incorrect. He says he is not asking for the house to be demolished now. He is only asking that it be demolished after Dr Lee Wei Ling's departure.

I welcome the opportunity to have this clarified. This way everyone is clear on exactly what the issue is.

It may be helpful if I refer to the various public statements on this.
(a) In his Statement on 17 June 2017 DPM Teo Cheo Hean explained that one of the reasons why the ministerial committee was established was because:
"...soon after Mr Lee's passing, the Executors of Mr Lee Kuan Yew's will (Mr Lee Hsien Yang and Dr Lee Wei Ling) themselves wanted the government to commit itself immediately to demolishing the house, even though Dr Lee Wei Ling might continue to live in the House for many more years."
http://www.pmo.gov.sg/…/statement-dpm-teo-chee-hean-ministe…

(b) In my FB post yesterday the question I put was:
"So the real question is why Mr Lee Hsien Yang is asking for an immediate commitment on demolition now?"

(c) In his FB post today, Mr Lee Hsien Yang says:

"We have never asked the Government to allow us to demolish the house now, only after Wei Ling's departure."

I thank Mr Lee Hsien Yang for his confirmation that he has indeed put this question to the government.

It is clear from the above that:
- this current government is being asked to make a decision now.
- the decision this government is being asked to make now is that the building will be demolished in the future.
- this is so even though the circumstances which trigger the need for a decision have not arisen.
- given that Dr Lee still resides at the premises this decision would only need to be made 20 - 30 years from now.

As Mr Lee Hsien Yang would know, this government cannot, as a matter of principle, bind a future government that is elected by the people 20 - 30 years from now.

So after all that has been said, this brings us back to the basic question:

Why is the government being asked to decide now? What is the urgency?

This question has not been answered.

You realize something . She can really spin well. In a saga like this, it is your word versus my word. One can never know who is telling the truth and who is telling lies. The trouble is the truth is not the whole truth and the lie is but a half lie. You can debate until the cow comes home and none is wiser to know who is telling nothing but the truth.

Last edited:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
First sign of backtracking ? Sounds very conciliatory. Note the interesting comment about the memorial garden. So Indranee was seriously wrong.

The head spins reading that statement…a verbal minefield, with zero commitments on how to move forward…just the ol' we don't have to decide now since LWL is staying there.

I can't imagine she's staying there because she doesn't have a house, or because she loves looking at stuff that reminds her of old lee and bursting into tears.

Could it be because she's scared that if she moves out before extracting a formal commitment to demolish, she she might find herself locked out and denied re-entry…and the house slated for preservation?

Its entirely conceivable that as soon as she gets a rubber stamped commitment to demolish she could move out the next day and let the levelling begin.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clearly she has no idea that she is doing. She however would be an asset for the politics of her masters.

Indranee is really stupid to engage with LHY and LWL on the will and the Oxley 38 issue. She is not smart enough. She can't handle LHY.

This could cost her her job unless of course, it was LHL who told her to do so. If that is true, then she is really not smart at all.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
She does not realise that this is well above her pay grade. She thinks she is advocating for a client to the best of her ability. I always wondered how she got to be an SC. She is going nowhere. I wonder if this is the reason why Teo stepped in with his comments.

It may seem that she did not think she was wrong about anything - here is her 4th post for earlier this morning:

Indranee Rajah
10 hrs ·
In his FB post this morning, Mr Lee Hsien Yang suggests that the question I had put is incorrect. He says he is not asking for the house to be demolished now. He is only asking that it be demolished after Dr Lee Wei Ling's departure.

I welcome the opportunity to have this clarified. This way everyone is clear on exactly what the issue is.

Why is the government being asked to decide now? What is the urgency?

This question has not been answered.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is fabulously wealthy and she was one of those flipping property arising from the Nassim Gate and she did it within 2 months so she is not short of a penny or a house or two. Not to mention the Cluny Palace.

She is doing this to stop her brother. It is in her interest to get the terms that she, her younger brother and her parents wanted. I am sure if the Govt is prepared to allow them to demolish and put up a memorial garden, she will be out in a jiffy.

The head spins reading that statement…a verbal minefield, with zero commitments on how to move forward…just the ol' we don't have to decide now since LWL is staying there.

I can't imagine she's staying there because she doesn't have a house, or because she loves looking at stuff that reminds her of old lee and bursting into tears.

Could it be because she's scared that if she moves out before extracting a formal commitment to demolish, she she might find herself locked out and denied re-entry…and the house slated for preservation?

Its entirely conceivable that as soon as she gets a rubber stamped commitment to demolish she could move out the next day and let the levelling begin.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Indranee Rajah
10 hrs ·

It is clear from the above that:
- this current government is being asked to make a decision now.
- the decision this government is being asked to make now is that the building will be demolished in the future.
- this is so even though the circumstances which trigger the need for a decision have not arisen.
- given that Dr Lee still resides at the premises this decision would only need to be made 20 - 30 years from now.

I sort of remember old lee's will saying that demolish immediately after my death or if daughter prefers to live there, then immediately after she moves out.
I don't know where the 20-30 year timeframe comes from. She could want to move out tomorrow if she got a formal commitment that the demo will take place.

Very disingenuous.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
She does not realise that this is well above her pay grade. She thinks she is advocating for a client to the best of her ability. I always wondered how she got to be an SC. She is going nowhere. I wonder if this is the reason why Teo stepped in with his comments.

I did wonder why she is intent on persisting with her framing of the issue.

With the number of party faithful that have come out in one guise or another 3rd July is going to end up being more of a sideshow - which of the MPs are going to ask any really awkward questions? And it is more likely than not that the entirety of the session will be dominated by the issue of the tussle over what should happen to Oxlee and when. The other more scandalous allegations of the matrimonial sanctioned over-reach and dynastic ambitions will not be discussed or rigorously defended beyond the usual "I swear; We swear we do not have any such intentions" - will there be a declaration of "I swear she has never acted beyond her purview?" - doubt it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
From "baseless" to "mostly inaccurate"

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...s-mostly-inaccurate-pm-lee-8982916Allegations from my siblings 'mostly inaccurate': PM Le

27 Jun 2017 09:49PM (Updated: 27 Jun 2017 10:24PM)

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Tuesday (Jun 27) said the allegations that his siblings continue to make about him are "mostly inaccurate".

In response to media queries on the Facebook posts from his brother and sister, PM Lee said: "My siblings continue to make allegations about what I supposedly did or did not do. They are mostly inaccurate. As I earlier said, I will be making a statement in Parliament on Jul 3, 2017. I will at that time deal with the allegations that need to be addressed."

PM Lee and his siblings, Mr Lee Hsien Yang and Dr Lee Wei Ling, have been locked in a public spat over their late father Lee Kuan Yew's home at 38 Oxley Road.

Over the weekend, Mr Lee Hsien Yang, alleged that PM Lee is getting ministers to repeat "insinuations that Lee Kuan Yew did not understand his own will". Dr Lee meantime, accused PM Lee of attempting to "rewrite the past", after admitting in public "for years" that the late Mr Lee's wish for demolition of the house was "unwavering", she said.

The Prime Minister last week apologised to Singaporeans, saying he deeply regrets that the dispute has affected the country's reputation and Singaporeans’ confidence in the Government. He has stated that he has recused himself from Government decisions on the house and said that in his personal capacity, he hoped to see his father's wish honoured.

Earlier on Tuesday, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said it is not true that a ministerial committee weighing options for 38 Oxley Road is "bent on preventing the demolition of the house". He had earlier said the Government has the responsibility to consider the public interest aspects of any property with heritage and historical significance.

Senior Minister of State for Law Indranee Rajah has listed options for 38 Oxley Road, including demolition of the house, preservation of the property if it is designated a national monument, conservation, or compulsory acquisition.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
From "baseless" to "mostly inaccurate"

Did the Old Man not state that if the government of the day decides it wants to preserve the house then nobody should be allowed to enter? So what genuine public interest value is there in preserving a building that nobody will ever get to set foot inside the courtyard let alone those four walls where the modern history of the country was sculpted.

It is also stomach-churning whenever the term "founding fathers" is used - seems someone go carried away with life in the US and infected with their jingoisim and thought it was a stroke of genius to appropriate it.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wonder what will happen if LWL decides to move out now or if she up-lorry soon. IR commented that no need to decide now coz LWL will be around the next 20-30 yrs. Silly assumption from a SC and SMOS.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroo, you must have known that she could not would not resist the need to throw her wisdom and insights out - it was a matter of time but you must have seen this coming (note the sinister-ish clickbait title and subsequently extensive hyperlinked footnotes):

http://themiddleground.sg/2017/06/27/familee-saga-lee-siblings-really-really/

FamiLEE saga: What are the Lee siblings really, really up to?

by Bertha Henson

IF PEOPLE aren’t getting tired of the FamiLEE saga, I would be surprised. Perhaps, attention has already, to use a popular word, wavered. It’s tough trying to recall every twist and turn of who did or didn’t do what before and after the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew died. Perhaps, that accounts for Ms Indranee Rajah’s “homework’’ on social media although as four-point listicles, they’re rather long.

For spectators, it’s rather tiresome to see both sides repeating the same answers over and over again and what’s worse, raising the same questions over and over again.

Patrons of The Middle Ground enjoy priority access to our best stories. To become a patron, click here.

I have asked enough questions of the G, especially over the ministerial committee, which in my view, is the weakest link in the whole G narrative (read more here). But I do have one question that I think the two Lee siblings must answer directly. It doesn’t have to do with who drafted the seventh will, because this should have been raised in probate court or a legal forum with an impartial adjudicator. It also doesn’t have to do with why the three Lee siblings have different interpretations of their father’s last wishes.

It has to do with the impact they are hoping to have on Singapore.

We all know the damage done to Singapore’s reputation. We rarely have political scandals and we have always been able look down our noses at the shenanigans in other countries. It is a source of pride for us. Now, it’s embarrassing to have dirty laundry aired, whether they are personal clothing or not. What do you tell a foreigner who asks what’s going on? My first instinct would be to say “Aiyah, family quarrel lah,’’ even though accusations of abuse of authority have surfaced. I am that embarrassed.

So it comes down to the Lee siblings’ intent when they fired the first shot on two weeks back on June 14 with their joint statement. They said that they were coming out into the open only because they were, to put in layman’s terms, being bullied by Big Brother, and if they, the siblings, can be bullied, what more ordinary mortals? Words used were very provocative but unsubstantiated – save for the first glimpse of a secret ministerial committee which the G has tried, not very well in my opinion, to explain.

What’s worse is Mr Lee Hsien Yang’s statement that his family intends to relocate because life has become difficult for him. That made me angry. I have asked him several times about this, even to the point of suggesting that it was irresponsible. What? You throw this grenade and then you go take cover? Lucky for him that he can but what about us lesser mortals? Do we have to clean up the mess after him?

Have things got so bad for him (how?) that he has to skip town? And leave his sister to stay in the Oxley Road house all alone to defend their position?

His statement is tantamount to saying that there is no resolution at all, which is why he is burning his bridges.

Is there really no resolution? What is the end-game? This is something that has been puzzling me from the beginning. Will the Lee siblings be satisfied only if the ministerial committee is disbanded and the decision on the house left to the government of the day when Dr Lee Wei Ling no longer lives in it?

Or are they forcing a decision on the G now? If so, Dr Lee could move out now and, since the house belongs to Mr Lee Hsien Yang, he can start asking for the relevant planning permission to demolish the house. We’ll see what happens then.

Is the intention to warn Singaporeans that their brother is not a nice man, and that since they have lost confidence in him, we should too? The words they used amount to a political challenge, not the mere misgivings of wronged citizens.

I can almost hear the late Mr Lee retorting that they should form a political party and take the G on at the polls. I don’t see that happening – since Mr Lee Hsien Yang intends to leave town.

It is not for the siblings to use the excuses of failed politicians: that they cannot join politics because the State machinery will be against them. They are, after all, not ordinary mortals and can be somewhat assured of a following by, among other things, using the Lee name. Of course, they can argue that they don’t intend to join politics but they cannot keep silent because they have Singapore’s interest at heart. If so, there should be an end-point, a resolution or a compromise in sight because fighting words can fracture Singapore into small pieces.

So what is their point? That they don’t want a third-generation Lee in politics?

The PM has rubbished the suggestion that he harbours political ambitions for his son. His son rubbished it too. Even if the PM did, is that a bad thing? After all, their own father had political ambitions for his son too. If the Lee siblings are implying that the PM is using some nefarious means to pave the way – then that has to be substantiated. All parents, after all, harbour some kind of ambition for their children.

People might even ask if the Lee siblings harbour political ambitions for themselves too. But that cannot be – since Mr Lee Hsien Yang intends to skip town.

So again, what is the intent? That some politician would use the “ammunition’’ to unseat the PM or bring down the the G? Is this some kind of proxy game? The Lees should realise that the People’s Action Party’s dominant position wasn’t built overnight by their father. And while there might a section of people who oppose the G, a much bigger group endorses the Singapore system.

So what do the Lee siblings have in mind? Merely to have the house razed so that they can sell the plot to a developer for a ton of money? Yes, it is a very mean thing to suggest. But I cannot understand why the Lee siblings will not give a commitment on what to do with the land when or if that happens. That would settle speculation that the issue really is about filthy lucre, under the guise of fulfilling their father’s desires.

Today, it seems we have an answer of some sort. The siblings have said that they have suggested building a memorial garden over the razed land and that this was rejected by Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean and PM Lee. You wonder then about why they were so coy as not to disclose this much earlier. More importantly, does this intention still hold if they get their way with the house?

Even if we don’t get answers to specific questions, we, the people of Singapore, deserve to know the Lee siblings’ final intent. So, Mr Lee Hsien Yang and Dr Lee Wei Ling, what about another late night missive answering the question?

The famiLEE affair has been brewing for a while now. Read our past articles on the issue:

FamiLEE saga: Lessons on will-making (Jun 26)
FamiLEE saga: The hoo-ha over Ho Ching… hmmm (Jun 24)
FamiLEE saga: That internal ministerial committee should go (Jun 21)
FamiLEE saga: Will parliament session end saga? (Jun 20)
FamiLEE saga: Some leeway should be given (Jun 19)
FamiLEE saga: 10 things from the academic paper “When I’m dead, demolish it”. (Jun 18)
FamiLEE saga: Who’s involved (Jun 17)
FamiLEE saga: Is a grant of probate really final? (Jun 17)
FamiLEE saga: Somebody should just sue (Jun 17)
FamiLEE saga: PM Lee’s version of events (Jun 16)
FamiLEE saga: Let a third party tell all (Jun 16)
FamiLEE saga: The past three days (Jun 16)
FamiLEE saga: How Lee Suet Fern got LWL her inheritance, according to leaked emails (Jun 15)
FamiLEE saga: Singaporeans react with confusion, humour and CSI skills (Jun 15)
FamiLEE saga: From 38 Oxley Road to 1 Parliament Place, not just a family affair (Jun 15)
FamiLEE saga: Headlines around the world (Jun 15)
FamiLEE saga: Now about that mysterious ministerial committee (Jun 15)
Not just a famiLEE affair (Jun 14)
Third generation Lee weighs in (Jun 14)
“We do not trust Hsien Loong as a brother or as a leader. We have lost confidence in him.” (Jun 14)
Mystery deepens over secret tapes of Lee Kuan Yew (Sep 30, 2016)
Time for the famiLEE to end the public spectacle (Apr 10, 2016)
Dr Lee Wei Ling gagged? (Apr 2, 2016)

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
IR really lost it.

I vaguely remember someone saying that LWL's intention was to retire and live in upstate New York. I forgot the name but I suspect it will be place she can walk and trek freely in view of who she is and what she has become. She has a very close Singapore friend there married to an Ang Moh.

Wonder what will happen if LWL decides to move out now or if she up-lorry soon. IR commented that no need to decide now coz LWL will be around the next 20-30 yrs. Silly assumption from a SC and SMOS.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every time Indranee Rajah opens her mouth with her FB postings, she is also digging a deeper and deeper hole for herself.
A disingenuous woman who's fast losing every crumb of credibility.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Its really sweet irony that Lee's house may cause the House of Lee to be demolished soon

It won't lah. Over something like whether to demolish Oxley?

LHY has no interest in bringing down the political regime. He just wants to spite his brother. He has shown no evidence to implicate LHL in more damaging allegations.

Frankly I am disappointed in LHY and LWL. If you have the guts, come clean with all the shenanigans that has been going on and show us how LHL has been running the whole shebang. Otherwise leave the public out of this petty childish squabble.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bertha has been attempting to get back into the establishment and has secured a fellowship with Tembusu College, University Town with the help of Tommy Koh. She is attempting to get a residential fellowship. This is a clear sign to the powers which side she is batting for. Note the switch from a rebel when she first left and started her own blog until the revised licensing laws came in.

A childish piece at best.

Scroo, you must have known that she could not would not resist the need to throw her wisdom and insights out - it was a matter of time but you must have seen this coming (note the sinister-ish clickbait title and subsequently extensive hyperlinked footnotes):

http://themiddleground.sg/2017/06/27/familee-saga-lee-siblings-really-really/

FamiLEE saga: What are the Lee siblings really, really up to?

by Bertha Henson

IF PEOPLE aren’t getting tired of the FamiLEE saga, I would be surprised. Perhaps, attention has already, to use a popular word, wavered. It’s tough trying to recall every twist and turn of who did or didn’t do what before and after the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew died. Perhaps, that accounts for Ms Indranee Rajah’s “homework’’ on social media although as four-point listicles, they’re rather long.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey thanks a lot!!

Total distrust, anger and unhappiness.

No doubt LHL is relying on 3rd July Parliament facade to play to his 70% audience.

But I shall be surprised if it ends publicly on after this wayang exercise. LHY and LWL have gone way too far to stop now and shall probably continue to rely on social media and foreign media to put forward their own case and that of LKY's final wish.

See the 6 page joint statement by the siblings, in particular;

Sadly the brother paid 150% for the property and I am sure he is not getting a penny back.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
So it proved one thing; LHL is the one and only prime minister in the world whose blood is thinner than water.

He allowed his subordinates to shame and defame his own siblings.

I think it boils down to the blood ties he has with his son, the one he and his wife are grooming to be the 5th Prime Minister of Singapore, being thicker than that of his siblings.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 weeks and the following allegations have yet to be unaddressed ;

1. HC and her influence in Government
2. Reason why the Committee did not want to reveal the composition of its members
3. Reason why the Committee's terms of reference could not be revealed
4. Why Lawrence Wong claimed that issues raised by the siblings on possible conflict of interest did not affect any of the committee members when Shan was waist deep in the conflict pool.
5. Why the PM statements on the wishes of his father to parliament is diametrically opposite to the position he has taken with this siblings.
6. Why Shan continued to engage members of the family in an advisory capacity without revealing his status in the committee.
7. Why are there so many discrepancies in the collection dates, the exhibition pieces etc
8. Why did Lawrence Wong change his mind as claimed by Rosa Daniels on the Deed of Gift after he agreed and arranged for the collection by lorry.
9. On what capacity did a HC who is a President Scholar and OMS and custodian of our Sovereign Fund who should know basic rules on inheritance remove Old Man's items from his house and was dealing with Government Departments on behalf of his estate. There is difference between tidying up the place and cataloguing items to actually handing over items without the permission of the immediate family.