• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
You noticed that this time as opposed to the high with SPH, less emotion, few words and concise targeting. She I noticed is focusing on her elder brother solely unlike Yang.

Q. (phrased in in colloquial terms for simplicity) - as the vast majority of singkies are quite gong-gong/apathetic/nonchalant/bochap when it comes to matters of government, governance, institutions of state etc. what kind of fall-out will occur if a cache of emails clearly showing an unelected and unempowered individual through the mechanics of voting (rather than matrimonial position) directing the civil service to follow, abide, share, deliver information and actions that are clearly not within purview. This was the question raised recently. Are singkies so gullible and accepting that no matter what is revealed, they will still accept the Lee/PAP brand as the one and only stewards of the country?

Over these years, I am sure others have also heard of those mandarins that have rejected those directions but until now it seems that there really is nobody on the entire island who will be willing to say "yes I have been asked to do x and y" when the instructions came from someone with no actual authority to do so.

If so the only possible reaction for those unaccepting of such status quo is despondency and nothing else. Given the way the actors of state have rallied around this singular cause is truly gut wrenching.

I find it even more abhorrent that the likes of Bilahari and Jayakumar are trumpting the need for singkies to be aware of foreign affairs when even those deemed educated singkies have a shockingly bad grasp of their own institutions and system of governance (as mentioned previously).

5 extra takeaways on Singapore foreign policy from Bilahari Kausikan’s book launch

Learning from the best minds of Singapore foreign policy.

It was a gathering of the best minds of Singapore’s foreign policy establishment.

Among the who’s who were two former Deputy Prime Ministers and foreign ministers – S Jayakumar and Wong Kan Seng, former senior diplomats who held key ambassadorial positions in the past, including former Ambassador to the US Chan Heng Chee, High Commissioner to Malaysia Ong Keng Yong and Non-resident Ambassador to Iran Gopinath Pillai, as well as many foreign policy experts, foreign diplomats and fans.

They were all there, more than 100 of them. Packed in a ballroom in Marina Mandarin Singapore on June 21, they came to support the man whom Chan described as the “resident genius” of Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) – former MFA permanent secretary Bilahari Kausikan at the launch of his new book – “Singapore Is Not An Island: Views On Singapore Foreign Policy”.

As a young Singaporean who only had hazy concepts about Singapore’s foreign relations, hearing Bilahari’s thought-provoking remarks for me was like getting a free lecture on the principles of Singapore foreign policy.

But the bonus was also hearing from other speakers who offered interesting insights and sometimes different perspectives.

Here are 5 illuminating takeaways from the remarks of Jayakumar and Chan that will be useful to any young Singaporeans who are keen to know more about our foreign policy:

1. Understanding our foreign policy means understanding our national interests

S Jayakumar:

“A successful foreign policy must rest on a stable domestic foundation of common understandings of what is, and what is not possible for a small country in Southeast Asia. It is important that Singaporeans become more and more familiar with the fundamentals of our foreign policy, and of what constitutes our national interests. There is today a changing international landscape; while old problems remain, new challenges continue to confront the region.”

“Not only must we be aware of our own national interests, but also we must not be blind to the fact that other countries will mount, and indeed mounted, cunning tactics using social media to influence various segments of our people, to swing them to their side and be critical of our own foreign policy stance. This is all part of the big power game.”

“Our future depends on how well we understand and manage our connectedness to the rest of this region and to the rest of the world. Our past success depended very much on how we achieved this by balancing and bearing in mind the mutual interests of the other countries that we have built good relations with.”

2. Always act in our own interests even when dealing with big powers

S Jayakumar:

“Events in the world are never predictable and we must always expect the unexpected. When surprising or important developments take place – whether it is the election of President Trump, Brexit, the Qatari situation, or the siege of Marawi in Philippines, we should always ask ourselves equally important questions. Especially, what these portend for Singapore?”

“How do we deal with the bigger powers – who have a penchant to pressure or bully smaller countries? In our of my books, I gave an example of an ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) I chaired as Foreign Minister, where both USA and China for quite separate reasons tried to bully and pressurize us. Bilahari worked closely with me on that issue to ensure that we stood firm and principled.”

“For how long can Singapore continue to take an independent and principled position with such big powers? We do not go out of our way to annoy or provoke them but they need to understand that at all times we act in our interests and no one else’s interest.”

3. Emphasise the Singaporean-ness of our identity and sovereignty

Chan Heng Chee:

The nature of our state is something we have to keep explaining to others. We have been sometimes referred to as a Chinese country (Bilahari also says so). And with the increasing influence of China’s soft power and economic power, Singapore will, through its policies, seek to emphasise the Singaporean-ness of our identity and our sovereignty.

Lee Kuan Yew made this point during our early days of nation-building. 50 years on, we’re still making a point of it because of a rising China. It is not evidence of unfriendliness, it is simply a reaffirmation of a national identity that is still in the making and of our distinctiveness.

4. Foreign policy should be principled but not ideological

Chan Heng Chee:

In one of the first essays (in the book), Bilahari urges young Singaporeans to look at uncertainty with a pragmatic skepticism, not cynicism. But when you are too skeptical, you’ll become an ideological skeptic, then the line between the skeptic and the cynic disappears. When one is too skeptical or cynical, one can miss opportunities in diplomacy, foreign policies, and in life. Realism, yes, skepticism, yes, cynicism, sometimes. Some even cherish idealism. You must know how to channel the idealism.

What are the fundamentals of our foreign policy? Singapore’s foreign policy is one based on principles, is pragmatic, and is consistent. We must base our foreign policy on principles. This is obvious. We need principles to guide us, and to make our way through the complex and sometimes reckless world of international politics…

Foreign policy must be guided by a set of principles, but we must not highlight it all the time and say that we have a “principled foreign policy”. Why? Because we must show, not tell. Our foreign policy should be based on principles but should not be ideological about it.

Countries must be agile and nimble to deal with the changing world. It may be necessary for us to, in this new world, to review and examine how we move forward, and rethink the sets of relationships that we have. So the question is how we apply our principles in the new world, and we need to even re-examine some of these principles.

5. Singapore is a realist in international relations

Chan Heng Chee:

There would be times when we have to weigh strategic interests against its principles or values.

In the US there are realists who see strategic interests as more important than values in some situations in their foreign policy. All US leaders have to face the problem of how much emphasis they have to place on human rights, and to what extent they would do business with authoritarian regime. When it is in the strategic interests of the US to work with a country that has poor human rights, it can and in fact, will overlook it. They’re acting as realists.

To be a realist in the Singapore context is to have a clear thinking of what is unfolding, not as we wish it to be, but as it is (as what Bilahari said). Not to overly and not to underestimate, and then take the appropriate action.

“Singapore Is Not An Island: Views on Singapore Foreign Policy” published by Straits Times Press is now available in book stores. Price (with GST): $26

http://mothership.sg/2017/06/5-extr...n-policy-from-bilahari-kausikans-book-launch/

Last edited:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are alot of very nervous senior folks in our foreign service right now and they have been on edge since this battle commenced - as much as you may believe that it has been inconsequential there is a genuine sense of anguish because the external damage is irreversible and this ongoing feud has shown how vulnerable and delicate the trade-offs for the system here have been.

What is particularly worrisome is that the country continues to be synonymous with the Lee family even after LKY's death, to the extent that first born's troubles are seen to be that of the country's. Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton may come or go but the US still runs. Ditto for the UK, Canada, Australia, NZ, S.Korea and even third world countries like India, the Philippines, Indonesia, etc.

LKY takes full blame for this. He refused to allow any alternative power centres to get off the ground on the self-serving claim that Singapore's talent pool was too "small".

The PAP is now like the large US banks during the subprime mortgage crises - too big to fail, and too big to be allowed to fail. If it fails, it drags the country under and no one wants that. So everyone is forced to live with LHL's mediocre leadership, defend his dishonesty and his abuse of his office. Expect living standards to decline even further and more (as well as entrenched) corruption and abuses if he is allowed to get away with this. If the top is corrupt and dirty, the bottom will surely follow in due course. This cannot bode well for the country.

LKY answered "I am not so sure…" to his own question of "Will Singapore be around in 100 years?".

Looking at how things were/are going (even when LKY was still alive and kicking), I was and continue to be very confident that Singapore won't be around in 100 years, if not even earlier, i.e. 30 - 40 years.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In 1978 Mama Kwa, a very gracious lady bought the two Grangeford units on the 9th floor for her two boys to reside in.

ht was completed in 1994 right across from grangeford. there's a chance that papsmear's life is intertwined with playboy princeling as neighbors in mid 90s when princeling leaves saf in 94 and becomes singtel in april that year. this cheeky papsmear may have been stalking fern since then. :wink:

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is particularly worrisome is that the country continues to be synonymous with the Lee family even after LKY's death, to the extent that first born's troubles are seen to be that of the country's. Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton may come or go but the US still runs. Ditto for the UK, Canada, Australia, NZ, S.Korea and even third world countries like India, the Philippines, Indonesia, etc.

LKY takes full blame for this. He refused to allow any alternative power centres to get off the ground on the self-serving claim that Singapore's talent pool was too "small".

The PAP is now like the large US banks during the subprime mortgage crises - too big to fail, and too big to be allowed to fail. If it fails, it drags the country under and no one wants that. So everyone is forced to live with LHL's mediocre leadership, defend his dishonesty and his abuse of his office. Expect living standards to decline even further and more (as well as entrenched) corruption and abuses if he is allowed to get away with this. If the top is corrupt and dirty, the bottom will surely follow in due course. This cannot bode well for the country.

LKY answered "I am not so sure…" to his own question of "Will Singapore be around in 100 years?".

Looking at how things were/are going (even when LKY was still alive and kicking), I was and continue to be very confident that Singapore won't be around in 100 years, if not even earlier, i.e. 30 - 40 years.

Those that are complicit in allowing this cult of personality to become a brand synonymous with the only way success can be measured are equally to blame. The underlying patronage and allowing the system to be entrenched with self-serving PLPs and their lackeys who want to leech off the system via scholarships and juicy GLC posts is reprehensible for a country that charades under "meritocracy first" - has anyone ever tabulated the number of scholarships and awards that have bene given to individuals who in one way or another will associated with the party and the system? Or the number of people who are in various decision-making positions in GLCs, Stat Boards etc. - there is too much to lose to start shaking the system up and people will remain self-serving to the detriment of an island that should not be what it is in the first place.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Where is LHY going to? I thought he is migrating to Australia? Why is he in Hong Kong?

Maybe holiday first?

It is possible that he may shell out more revealing stuff now that he is out of Singapore. It is also possible he may enjoy life so much he says forget it lah.

Papsmearer seems to have mellowed down already. And also dun see his clone RaIders as much also. All points to papsmearer is LHY.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at this photo Singapore is indeed heaven on earth, make me wanna cum, I mean come home and forget about Bkk. Quitter regret syndrome now, too late for me.

Don't regret. The actual photo will show tents dotting the field with Bangla lovebirds cumming into their Pinay and Indonesian sweethearts. If taken with a good lens, you will be able to spot discarded tissues, condoms and wrappings. If taken with an especially powerful camera, you will be able to see Bangla tadpoles dancing to the latest Bhangra beat in those discarded condoms.

Last edited:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
ht was completed in 1994 right across from grangeford. there's a chance that papsmear's life is intertwined with playboy princeling as neighbors in mid 90s when princeling leaves saf in 94 and becomes singtel in april that year. this cheeky papsmear may have been stalking fern since then. :wink:

You salah liao.... Horizon Towers developed by Atang Latif's development company was completed in 1984.

In the mid nineties Yang already moved to Caldecott Hill & Loong to Rochalie Park.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't regret. The actual photo will show tents dotting the field with Bangla lovebirds cumming into their Pinay and Indonesian sweethearts. If taken with a good lens, you will be able to spot discarded tissues, condoms and wrappings. If taken with an especially powerful camera, you will be able to see Bangla tadpoles dancing to the latest Bhangra beat in those discarded condoms.

shiok or not? soixante neuf orgy in sg.

IMG_0206.JPG

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You salah liao.... Horizon Towers developed by Atang Latif's development company was completed in 1984.

In the mid nineties Yang already moved to Caldecott Hill & Loong to Rochalie Park.

"Horizon Towers is a 99-year leasehold 210-unit condominium in Leonie Hill in district 9. It was completed in 1994."

quoted from middle of this source.

http://thefinance.sg/2013/10/27/closure-of-horizon-tower-en-bloc-sale-legal-saga/

if princeling moved to ch in mid 90s that means papsmear is bs'ing, unless if you're right that ht is completed in 84 and there was a period of at least 6.9 years where papsmear could have bio'ed fern from balcony of ht to grangefuck lovenest bedroom.

Last edited:

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
What cock are you talking about now? You have access to the rating of CK Tang and Lee Hsien Yang's security services? LOL. Every security service I know works on anonymity. Not likely they would tell a screwedball like you what their clients are like. And the security service for CK Tang was private while that for Yang was govt supplied. Not likely they would know each other and communicate with each other. Also, CK Tang passed away 17 years ago, I doubt if you can find any of his security to talk to you about him. As for Hsien Yang, most of the time, he only has one SO with him. That SO never says anything, never talks to you and never acknowledges you, much less will he give any sort of rating on his boss. How I know this? Because I used to see his SO all the time.

PTADER and many oldies already see through his usual habit of creating half true half imaginative TPX stories with astonishing at-the-scene insight. Just leave him alone, right now nobody wants to derail this thread into spatting exchange. Also to avert yourself from getting banned.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not hear this story before. If I know Old Fart was looking for charbors to marry to Gay Loong, I would suggest he look no further then Winston Choo's office. Winston use to take the best looking girls from Golf Company OCS and post them to his office after they got commissioned. He had at least 6 girls working there for him, all minimum Lt rank and all very chio. Ah Loong should just walk in and help himself. SMDC was another place for chio charbors, and slutty ones too.

and wasn't Pinky Winston Choo's personal staff officer? But darn, chiobus not Pinky's style.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
A couple of questions:

1. His hair turned all white, due to his current feud?

2. Where is he going?

3. On first class or business class?

Hongkong media reports the arrival of Lee Hsien Yang and his wife at Hongkong international airport
Posted on June 25, 2017 by The Online Citizen Category: This entry was posted in Current Affairs.

Hongkong media, HK01 has reported that Mr Lee Hsien Yang and his wife, Mrs Lee Suet Fern arrived at the Hong Kong International Airport on Sunday afternoon. According to the media outlet, Mr Lee said that he is visiting friends in Hong Kong but did not reply other questions.

Mr Lee, who is the son of Singapore’s founding Prime Minister, Lee Kuan Yew, has been in the news due to the allegations made against his brother, Lee Hsien Loong for abusing his position as Prime Minister for personal agenda. On 14 June, he and his sister, Dr Lee Weiling had issued a public statement expressing their non confidence in their brother and their worry about Singapore’s future in his hands.

“We are concerned that the system has few checks and balances to prevent the abuse of government. We feel big brother omnipresent. We fear the use of the organs of state against us and Hsien Yang’s wife, Suet Fern.” wrote the two in the published statement.

The two also wrote, “We feel hugely uncomfortable and closely monitored in our own country. We do not trust Hsien Loong as a brother or as a leader. We have lost confidence in him.”

Mrs Lee was earlier quoted that she and her husband in the process of preparing to leave the country, however, declined to say when they would be leaving, or where they would be going.

The law firm that she was working for, Morgan Lewis & Bockius had earlier said that Mrs Lee stepped down as the managing partner of its combined practice in Singapore, but will continue to play a key role in its global strategy from offices in Singapore and Hong Kong. The firm was also quoted to have said that Mrs Lee will “continue to spend a significant amount of time in Singapore as well as travel to Hong Kong, as she already does in support of her strong client relationships there, and as head of our international leadership team”.

Mr Lee Hsien Yang, chairman of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore was quoted by Financial Times, “I am not an anti-establishment, opposition figure. I have a long record of public service. It is heart wrenching for me to leave this country. It is not something I would do lightly.” and said “I have no desire to leave. Hsien Loong is the only reason for my departure,”.

The Online Citizen is Singapore's longest-running independent online media platform. Our aim is to examine the issues that matter, or should matter, to Singaporeans and to reflect the diversity of life, of ideas and opinions, that is Singapore.

We believe that Singapore's future is best served by having an informed and involved citizenry that has access to a wide range of sources of news and views and an open and vibrant environment in which to share and to debate ideas and opinions.

Copyright - The Online Citizen 2017

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. I wonder if the appointment of Ng Yat Chung at SPH has anything to do with LHL/HC?

2. Someone should ask Indranee Rajah what right has she or anyone else apart from Harry's family/beneficiaries got to question Harry's will.

3. After this fiasco, I wonder whether the PAP can revert to suing its opponents willy nilly without having this saga being thrown at it?

I find that most people including some here unlike your excellent approach have taken the event as a zero sum game - PAP needs to completely collapse if not the siblings are wrong or ineffective or peddling half-truths, no substance etc. Singaporeans have been conditioned not to make judgement or even a fair assessment or even use their instincts until Straits Times spells it out in black and white. Notice why PM did the SD and because the siblings have not done so, they must be lying.

Its never a zero sum game. Clearly the PAP is on the backfoot, credibility is clear issue, the PM is struggling etc. The Government as well the ST are clearly avoiding the key issues and going around in circles or playing with semantics. Look at Indranee of the house of Drew & Napier and her essay - all she came out with is her imagination - PM only does not want visitors to trudge thru his house. And we are paying her more than a penny to come with this kind of garbage.

Some pundits have made this comment whch is spot-on - what happened to the famous cabinet doctrine to sue or else leave the cabinet. Why are we having this opera, why can't the PM sue if all these allegation are indeed "baseless" (his exact word). Just because GCT calls it a family feud suddenly the doctine has a get-out clause.

Then we have the idiots - who are still waiting for the smoking gun to pass judgement. It was fired with the opening 6 page joint statement. There are serious allegations made and the govt has repeatedly failed to address them convincely and the fallback position is the parliamentary hearing. Then they sent in Tharman who also failed when LHY revealed more details.