• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It's not that straight forward. Its not an absolute gift. The gift is subject to a prior life interest, so essentially LHL's interest in land is a remainder interest. The remainder interest is subject to a demolition clause, in which case he is only entitled to the proceeds of sale. LHL sold the remainder interest to LHY and the property continues to be subject to a life interest.

I believe the lawyer cock up the Will. Instead of giving away a remainder interest subject to a demolition clause, LKY should have just willed the proceeds of sale to LHL so that executors of the estate and not LHL get to decide on the demolition.

When I said that LKY left the house to LHL in my original post I based it off what LHL had stated in his SD. And once again in LHL's statement from PMO he uses the same words that LKY left the house to him.

I am no lawyer lah. And no expert in wills and estates. But if someone says I am stupid beyond belief then I guess LHL is also stupid beyond belief to say that LKY left him the house.

But I haven't seen any of his siblings jump and this and say "It's not that straight forward. Its not an absolute gift. The gift is subject to a prior life interest, so essentially LHL's interest in land is a remainder interest. The remainder interest is subject to a demolition clause, in which case he is only entitled to the proceeds of sale. LHL sold the remainder interest to LHY and the property continues to be subject to a life interest."

Bonut, I appreciate that you are sharing intricate details pertaining to wills and estates which are informative. Notice that you do not go around calling me stupid and curse and swear unlike some people.

Last edited:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
BT_20170616_OXLEY_2938395.jpg

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I said that LKY left the house to LHL in my original post I based it off what LHL had stated in his SD. And once again in LHL's statement from PMO he uses the same words that LKY left the house to him ...

I think the events that led to the changes of the will are the missing links. From the revelations so far, the initial wills were clear. Lky wanted 38 to be demolished. Other assets up to the children to settle. Total value equally distributed.

The next change was 38 to be given to lhl so demolition clause removed. (who requested for this?). Lwl to get one more share (was she unhappy with giving 38 to lhl so the extra share is to pacify her?)

The last will was cluny to be given to lwl but share revert to be equal again. ( why would lwl want cluny and lose additional share). Demolition of 38 was put back making the treatment of 38 ambiguous. (is lky aware?)

Assuming that lky is aware despite his age, then there are more to the reasons for lky to making the last will and not simply giving cluny to lwl. Lhl being left out in the transactions is obvious that something is happening against him. Throughout the changes lhy is not affected or has no benefiit if this something is lhy's last card, it will be interesting.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the events that led to the changes of the will are the missing links. From the revelations so far, the initial wills were clear. Lky wanted 38 to be demolished. Other assets up to the children to settle. Total value equally distributed.

The next change was 38 to be given to lhl so demolition clause removed. (who requested for this?). Lwl to get one more share (was she unhappy with giving 38 to lhl so the extra share is to pacify her?)

The last will was cluny to be given to lwl but share revert to be equal again. ( why would lwl want cluny and lose additional share). Demolition of 38 was put back making the treatment of 38 ambiguous. (is lky aware?)

Assuming that lky is aware despite his age, then there are more to the reasons for lky to making the last will and not simply giving cluny to lwl. Lhl being left out in the transactions is obvious that something is happening against him. Throughout the changes lhy is not affected or has no benefiit if this something is lhy's last card, it will be interesting.

it's understandable when someone is old and bombarded by request after request by beneficiaries to make changes to will, at a time when only diaper changes have a higher frequency. for dead fart he must had gotten confused between diaper and will changes. "you here with my used diaper again? what is that in there? shit stains or are they my instructions?"

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not that straight forward. Its not an absolute gift. The gift is subject to a prior life interest, so essentially LHL's interest in land is a remainder interest. The remainder interest is subject to a demolition clause, in which case he is only entitled to the proceeds of sale. LHL sold the remainder interest to LHY and the property continues to be subject to a life interest.

I believe the lawyer cock up the Will. Instead of giving away a remainder interest subject to a demolition clause, LKY should have just willed the proceeds of sale to LHL so that executors of the estate and not LHL get to decide on the demolition.

When I said that LKY left the house to LHL in my original post I based it off what LHL had stated in his SD. And once again in LHL's statement from PMO he uses the same words that LKY left the house to him.

I am no lawyer lah. And no expert in wills and estates. But if someone says I am stupid beyond belief then I guess LHL is also stupid beyond belief to say that LKY left him the house.

But I haven't seen any of his siblings jump and this and say "It's not that straight forward. Its not an absolute gift. The gift is subject to a prior life interest, so essentially LHL's interest in land is a remainder interest. The remainder interest is subject to a demolition clause, in which case he is only entitled to the proceeds of sale. LHL sold the remainder interest to LHY and the property continues to be subject to a life interest."

Bonut, I appreciate that you are sharing intricate details pertaining to wills and estates which are informative. Notice that you do not go around calling me stupid and curse and swear unlike some people.

PM Lee said he had done everything possible to avoid this state of affairs. Recounting the discussions between him and his siblings about the property of their late father Lee Kuan Yew, PM Lee said, “My father left the property at 38 Oxley Road to me as part of my equal share of his estate, but my siblings were not happy about this. I tried to deal with their unhappiness privately.

“I offered to transfer 38 Oxley Rd to my sister for a nominal $1. Unfortunately that offer failed. I then sold the house to my brother at a fair market valuation, and donated all my proceeds to charity.”

PM Lee said he had hoped the offer would satisfy his siblings and that there should be no reason for any further quarrel, since he no longer owns the house and does not take part in any Government decisions on the house.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Much as I would like to move on, and end a most unhappy experience for Singaporeans, these baseless accusations against the Government cannot be left unanswered. They must be and will be dealt with openly and refuted.

I certainly hope he means suing his siblings too...like the rest of his nemesis.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Lee Hsien Yang's Facebook 28 mins ago https://www.facebook.com/LeeHsienYangSGP/posts/1901090283464405

Lee Hsien Loong now claims, “My father left a part of the property at 38 Oxley Road to me, as part of my equal share of his estate. But my siblings were not happy about it.”

Wei Ling and I never had any objection to LHL receiving an equal share of the estate. We object to LHL's flip-flopping about Lee Kuan Yew's demolition wish.

We asked a simple question, that he has refused to answer for a week: Was our father, Lee Kuan Yew, unwavering in his demolition wish? Yes or no?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lee Hsien Yang's Facebook 28 mins ago https://www.facebook.com/LeeHsienYangSGP/posts/1901090283464405

Lee Hsien Loong now claims, “My father left a part of the property at 38 Oxley Road to me, as part of my equal share of his estate. But my siblings were not happy about it.”

Wei Ling and I never had any objection to LHL receiving an equal share of the estate. We object to LHL's flip-flopping about Lee Kuan Yew's demolition wish.

We asked a simple question, that he has refused to answer for a week: Was our father, Lee Kuan Yew, unwavering in his demolition wish? Yes or no?

national interest can run roughshod over personal interest and family wills. 69% will say keep for kuntry. it's great to be in power with a super majority. don't like the law, can change it, just like dead fart said.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good questions but doubt if they will surface or be answered on 3 July. Most likely there will be detailed disclosure about separation of powers, final authority to make key appointments by President, CPIB's scope, PSC disciplinary board et al

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You have quoted wrongly. Your quote :

I read the fb and the words "a part of" (in bold) were not there. The words causes confusion as if HY is lying.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good questions but doubt if they will surface or be answered on 3 July. Most likely there will be detailed disclosure about separation of powers, final authority to make key appointments by President, CPIB's scope, PSC disciplinary board et al

No MP will have the courage to ask the right questions. They need their jobs!

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
No MP will have the courage to ask the right questions. They need their jobs!

Not only would they not dare to ask the "right" questions...they will show support to the PM and condemn the actions of his siblings.

Need their jobs? More like need a promotion....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issues of concern have little to do with the writing of the will or it content. The first set of issues are the conduct of the PM, his colleagues and the alleged misuse of state organs. The second set is the wishes of the Old man in regard to 38 Oxley and that of the State.

As to the intrigue in regard to the writing of the will or wills, these are best addressed by the courts by a civil challenge or if criminality is suggested than the PM has to make a report. If Parliament starts discussing the writing of the will and its contents it would have gone down the wrong path.

The constant reference to this being a family feud by the press, many Singaporeans, PM, GCT etc are just clouding the issue. Husband bashes up wife, wife stabs mother-in-law, Police officer uses the state resources to locate his wife's lover etc are not personal feuds. We have charged and convicted people on all these scenarios.

Parliament is the last place this should occur. Both the siblings would have no voice. And PAP MPs are captives with or without the whip. Furthermore both the siblings have made it clear the conduct not just of the PM but his subordinates who are also MPs.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have quoted wrongly. Your quote :

I read the fb and the words "a part of" (in bold) were not there. The words causes confusion as if HY is lying.

Best to use screenshots for various reasons, one of which is yours, when posting from FB instead of copying and pasting the statements made.

Yang 5.JPG

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only would they not dare to ask the "right" questions...they will show support to the PM and condemn the actions of his siblings.

Need their jobs? More like need a promotion....

Teochew Kia n gang also no ball to question cos they have to protect their monthly 16k.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody could have said it better than you! One voice is not fair system!

The issues of concern have little to do with the writing of the will or it content. The first set of issues are the conduct of the PM, his colleagues and the alleged misuse of state organs. The second set is the wishes of the Old man in regard to 38 Oxley and that of the State.

As to the intrigue in regard to the writing of the will or wills, these are best addressed by the courts by a civil challenge or if criminality is suggested than the PM has to make a report. If Parliament starts discussing the writing of the will and its contents it would have gone down the wrong path.

The constant reference to this being a family feud by the press, many Singaporeans, PM, GCT etc are just clouding the issue. Husband bashes up wife, wife stabs mother-in-law, Police officer uses the state resources to locate his wife's lover etc are not personal feuds. We have charged and convicted people on all these scenarios.

Parliament is the last place this should occur. Both the siblings would have no voice. And PAP MPs are captives with or without the whip. Furthermore both the siblings have made it clear the conduct not just of the PM but his subordinates who are also MPs.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

In this instance, isn't the PM is simply trying to use State Organs to obfuscate this issue (sic: a private family feud) altogether? Teehee...