• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
What did Singaporeans want 21 years ago which never happened?

I thought you said "The next day Singapore and Singaporeans went back to normal. Some even felt the old man was treated too harshly."

The majority of Singaporeans are a bunch of idiots. I am pretty certain this episode will have the same outcome as well.

They are already claiming that LWL and LHY "have broken their parents hearts" :rolleyes:

If only LHL had broken down on TV during his broadcast it would have been game over in terms of sympathy...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Someone should compile all this and it will be a best seller. I remember his 1983 National Day speech on social engineering. It was brilliant, totally unexpected and the World woke up to it. The penny dropped when paid sterilisation for female Singaporeans who did not complete their PSLE was suggested. Suddenly the revolt began. The Universities was warned to control their students. Tony Tan who was a member of cabinet in a closed door session let it rip that some cabinet members were shocked and refused to go further. Then the graduate mothers who would be main beneficiaries of the proposed policy revolted for their gender. It was the only time that he had to unwind his position.

Yes par excellence - he was always the masterful orator - and for a while there he was matched by JBJ..must dig out their clashes in Parliament for kicks and nostalgia - those were the days you could watch Parliament sittings on TV and alot of people were enthralled when those two faced-off (if memory serves me well on those screenings)...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nearly everyone was thinking that a COI will be formed and CPIB was involved. The way GCT was conducting the matter gave that impression. Suddenly the parliamentary thing was announced. GCT folded like a pack of cards.

What did Singaporeans want 21 years ago which never happened?

I thought you said "The next day Singapore and Singaporeans went back to normal. Some even felt the old man was treated too harshly."

The majority of Singaporeans are a bunch of idiots. I am pretty certain this episode will have the same outcome as well.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Nearly everyone was thinking that a COI will be formed and CPIB was involved. The way GCT was conducting the matter gave that impression. Suddenly the parliamentary thing was announced. GCT folded like a pack of cards.

Hence LHL is using a tried and tested approach to resolving this type of issue.

What do you think the chances of success are for him to have this go away? I think it is very high. Many Singaporeans are pro-PAP and pro-LHL.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if the judiciary, the president and speaker of lumparleement is silent what hope remains for the country?

so long as 6.9 k's are flowing smoothly to keep 69% sextisfied, nothing, nada, zilch. super majority of sinkies don't really care as long as gov ensures soixante neuf works like a charm. as simple as that. no need to wax lyrical nor go deepthroat about annals and the anus of the dragon king.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Someone should compile all this and it will be a best seller. I remember his 1983 National Day speech on social engineering. It was brilliant, totally unexpected and the World woke up to it. The penny dropped when paid sterilisation for female Singaporeans who did not complete their PSLE was suggested. Suddenly the revolt began. The Universities was warned to control their students. Tony Tan who was a member of cabinet in a closed door session let it rip that some cabinet members were shocked and refused to go further. Then the graduate mothers who would be main beneficiaries of the proposed policy revolted for their gender. It was the only time that he had to unwind his position.

That infamous speech (aka Talent for the Future) on 14 Aug 1983 at the National Theatre is not currently available on the National Archives portal. Other speeches before and after that date are available, just not that one. Must have overlooked its inclusion.

The earlier one in 12 Aug 1982 (The Search for Talent) is available - clearly he was already laying the ground for his masterplan: http://www.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/data/pdfdoc/lky19820812.pdf

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Yes par excellence - he was always the masterful orator - and for a while there he was matched by JBJ..must dig out their clashes in Parliament for kicks and nostalgia - those were the days you could watch Parliament sittings on TV and alot of people were enthralled when those two faced-off (if memory serves me well on those screenings)...

I preferred the old fart's live debate with Francis Seow... MediaCorpse should have a copy if I understand correctly... Teehee...

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need to wax lyrical nor go deepthroat about annals and the anus of the dragon king.
attachment.php

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I preferred the old fart's live debate with Francis Seow... MediaCorpse should have a copy if I understand correctly... Teehee...

You mean this one (paragraphs 414 to 422 (pages B65 to B66) of the Report of the Select Committee on the Legal Profession (Amendment) Bill, 1986)? http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/19861016_BIL_FULL.pdf

PM: Do you know why those investigations proceeded?

Seow: Why? It is quite obvious why.

PM: Why?

Seow: Okay, you tell me why?

PM: If it is obvious, I want to hear your explanation?

Seow: Well, maybe my explanation is different from yours.

PM: Tell us. I will tell you mine in a moment?

Seow: Yes. You don't like me to be the President of the Law Society. It is simple as that.

PM: No. I am astounded and outraged that a person with your moral qualities is being asked to uphold the integrity of the Bar?

Seow: And why not, may I ask? If my peers, if the rest of the members of the Bar who know the full circumstances of my two suspensions and convictions still see me fit to elect me, it is not for this Committee nor for you or indeed anyone to say that I should not be.

PM: Mr Seow, when we legislated it never occurred to us for one moment, first, that lawyers of more than 12 years' standing would vote you into the Council and, second, that the Council members, 10 of them, would vote and make you President. And when that happens, the law will be changed because obviously the lawyers are not fit to look after their own affairs. By the time they elected you as President, I am entitled to tell Members of Parliament and Singaporeans that they are unfit to govern themselves, a right of government which we, as legislators, have delegated. That is why we are here --- ?

Seow: I accept that.

PM: To change the law. And if you convince me further that we have not changed it adequately, I will go another step to make sure that this does not happen ever again. It is for me. It is not for you to decide?

Seow: I accept that. But as of now, the fellow members of the Bar, knowing fully what the position is. Look, my life has been an open book. The Straits Times has been canvassing everything about my convictions, my suspension, almost ad nauseam. So these members know it when they voted me in.
They are also thinking people and they know what is right and what is wrong.

PM: By that you mean that they can absolve you from all moral blame because they have reposed confidence in you by voting for you?

Seow: I do not know what you mean by morality or ----

PM: You have no sense of right or wrong or shame? ---

Seow: Of course, I have the sense of right and wrong as well as the expression of shame, as I am sure all of you do have. As a matter of record, may I mention this, that I was in fact suspended for one year from the 30th April 1973 to the 29th April 1974. That was my first suspension over that unfortunate Gemini affair. I stood and was elected as a Council member in 1976 and 1977.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Old fart's face was so black during this episode... especially when Seow retorted back stating that he was elected into the position as President of the Law Society... classic moment.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
nayr69sg said:
Hmm let me guess. LKY left the house to LHL. But LKY also said that he wants the house demolished.

LHL took legal possession of the house as per the will. But he does not want to demolish the house.

Aiyah why LKY leave the house to LHL then?

Silly LKY!

Eh how come now Papsmearer and RaIders become LKY supporter ar?

Don't be more then a stupid asshole. His house was
left in the estate, not to LHL. The stipulation on the will was for the estate to sell the house and the proceeds to be distributed to 8 charities that he named. LHL never took possession of the house because Wei Ling is still living there. U really are a cunt talking shit here.

Hey papsmearer, LHL just went on VIDEO to say that LKY left the house to him. You owe me an apology.
I don't know what it is with these arrogant pompous people who curse and swear and belittle people all the time, and keep thinking they are always right.

Bunch of rude crude louts.

http://www.pmo.gov.sg/newsroom/statement-pm-lee-hsien-loong-38-oxley-road

LEE HSIEN LOONG said:
Good evening. Over the last week, Singaporeans have been disturbed and confused by news of the private dispute between my siblings and me. I deeply regret that this dispute has affected Singapore’s reputation and Singaporeans’ confidence in the Government.

As your Prime Minister, I apologise to you for this. And as the eldest of the siblings, it grieves me to think of the anguish that this would have caused our parents if they were still alive.

I had done everything possible to avoid this state of affairs. My father left the property at 38 Oxley Road to me as part of my equal share of his estate, but my siblings were not happy about this. I tried to deal with their unhappiness privately. I offered to transfer 38 Oxley Rd to my sister for a nominal $1. Unfortunately that offer failed. I then sold the house to my brother at a fair market valuation, and donated all my proceeds to charity.

I had hoped that this would satisfy them. There should be no reason for any further quarrel, since I no longer own the house and I do not take part in any Government decisions on the house. However, my siblings have decided to go out and make serious allegations publicly. For example, they say that I am using my position as Prime Minister to influence the Ministerial Committee chaired by DPM Teo Chee Hean. These allegations go beyond private and personal matters, and extend to the conduct of my office and the integrity of the Government.

Much as I would like to move on, and end a most unhappy experience for Singaporeans, these baseless accusations against the Government cannot be left unanswered. They must be and will be dealt with openly and refuted.

When Parliament sits on 3 July 2017, I will make a Ministerial Statement to refute the charges. All MPs will then have the opportunity to raise questions for themselves and their constituents. I have instructed that the PAP party whip be lifted. I urge all MPs, including the non-PAP MPs, to examine the issues thoroughly and question me and my Cabinet colleagues vigorously. I hope that this full, public airing in Parliament will dispel any doubts that have been planted and strengthen confidence in our institutions and our system of government.

I want to assure all Singaporeans that this matter will not distract me and my Cabinet colleagues from our responsibility to govern Singapore, and to deal with more important national issues, including the pressing economic and security challenges we face.

As public servants, my Ministers and I will always protect the integrity of our institutions, and uphold the strict standards separating private affairs from our public duties. We are determined to repair the damage that has been done to Singapore. We will continue to lead our nation and serve you to the best of our ability.

Last edited:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey papsmearer, LHL just went on VIDEO to say that LKY left the house to him. You owe me an apology.
I don't know what it is with these arrogant pompous people who curse and swear and belittle people all the time, and keep thinking they are always right.

can please continue your firm support to bring this thread to 100,000 views ???:biggrin: just short of 10k as of now.
judging from the 300 pairs of eyeballs now. this thread is hot. very hot.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Don't be more then a stupid asshole. His house was
left in the estate, not to LHL. The stipulation on the will was for the estate to sell the house and the proceeds to be distributed to 8 charities that he named. LHL never took possession of the house because Wei Ling is still living there. U really are a cunt talking shit here.

can please continue your firm support to bring this thread to 100,000 views ???:biggrin: just short of 10k as of now.
judging from the 300 pairs of eyeballs now. this thread is hot. very hot.

Sure. Anytime. Papsmearer run road in shame already. MANY of his BIG PROCLAMATIONS (not guesses according to him) are WRONG. Pompous presumptuous person who thinks he is a despot.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.pmo.gov.sg/newsroom/statement-pm-lee-hsien-loong-38-oxley-road

pm lee should let the house be demolished. then buy it back from the open mkt and rebuild a real replica of it. and collect fees from the public. this will please everyone. huat ahh !!! :biggrin:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
pm lee should let the house be demolished. then buy it back from the open mkt and rebuild a real replica of it. and collect fees from the public. this will please everyone. huat ahh !!! :biggrin:

Pretty good idea. You may have hit the nail on the head as far as likely outcome. :smile:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't they just demolish the house and then rebuild another one that looks exactly the same….but with
added modern accoutrements…like a foundation, for instance. Cunts like John Tan can chip in a few million each.

Will honoured….no one can complain.

cunt…copying my idea.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Barker as Chair complete lost control to Old Man. Shan's ex-wife covered this in her book. He also ridiculed Teo Soh Lung.

And Yes Francis gave as good as he got.

Old fart's face was so black during this episode... especially when Seow retorted back stating that he was elected into the position as President of the Law Society... classic moment.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry. i missed that post - very similar but not quite the same.

Yang have the right not to sell. then it will just be an empty plot of land.

thats why the committee ???

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's not that straight forward. Its not an absolute gift. The gift is subject to a prior life interest, so essentially LHL's interest in land is a remainder interest. The remainder interest is subject to a demolition clause, in which case he is only entitled to the proceeds of sale. LHL sold the remainder interest to LHY and the property continues to be subject to a life interest.

I believe the lawyer cock up the Will. Instead of giving away a remainder interest subject to a demolition clause, LKY should have just willed the proceeds of sale to LHL so that executors of the estate and not LHL get to decide on the demolition.