• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is one part about the Will that I haven't quite got it.

It's mentioned 38 Oxley was bequeathed to LHL in the SD by LHL, and LHL started blabbering about selling it to LHY for $1.00 and later changed his mind to market value plus LHY having to donate 50% of the value of the property to charity.

So according to the Will, Gollum gets a life interest, after which the property is to be demolished - by who ? Presumably by the estate and then the proceeds to be distributed equally among the children.

So how did this "bequeath" to LHL come into play ?

Goldcheekon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who are the members of the SECRET Ministerial Committee? Up to now, I can only assume Lawrence Wong is one. But who are the rest of this powerful secret committee???

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the property given to LHL, but with the condition that allows LWL to stay there until she decides to move out (move up). If the 2 insist on demolishing it, LHL want to sell it to LHY to let him do what he (LHY) wants, ie to demolish.

So according to the Will, Gollum gets a life interest, after which the property is to be demolished - by who ? Presumably by the estate and then the proceeds to be distributed equally among the children.

So how did this "bequeath" to LHL come into play ?[/QUOTE]

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY changing his wills was like changing the Goalpost. Very fickle minded not befitting the style of a good & decisive leader.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
LKY changing his wills was like changing the Goalpost. Very fickle minded not befitting the style of a good & decisive leader.

Give him a break he was already in his 90s when all this happened. Chances of anyone reaching that grand age are remote.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the property given to LHL, but with the condition that allows LWL to stay there until she decides to move out (move up). If the 2 insist on demolishing it, LHL want to sell it to LHY to let him do what he (LHY) wants, ie to demolish.

That means 38 Oxley bequeathed to Pinky subject to a life interest granted in favour of Gollum ?

It's odd to bequeath a real property to someone and then with the condition to demolish. Then there has to be a "timing". Otherwise, Pinky can say he will inherit the property but will postpone the date of demolition indefinitely.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posted by LHY's eldest son, Li Shengwu, about nine hours ago:
facebook.com/10155361972793523

Twelve hours ago I gave the following statement to AFP: "Not only do I intend never to go into politics, I believe that it would be bad for Singapore if any third-generation Lee went into politics. The country must be bigger than one family."

Today we are going to learn a lot about the country of my birth. We are going to learn whether (as I hope) the ruling party is still full of men and women of quality and strong character, or whether "it is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"

Last edited:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never know about the Cluny thing until this saga, wonder now have any more.

No 49 Cluny Hill, a double storey bungalow standing on 45,000 sq ft of freehold land was purchased from architect Heah Hock Heng at $10 psf in the mid sixties.

This property was to be their family home until ah lao in the early 70's came up with the idea that it would be more secure to build a bungalow on Istana grounds.

Current valuation of Cluny Hill today is around $2000 - $2200 psf.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rented to Ang Moh all these years. Mother accumulated properties. Youngest son managed the entire family estate in the last 20 years or so except PM and Ho Ching.

Yes, rented to the CEO of Ford S'pore at an attractive rent above market value.

When they acquired Cluny Hill, Ah Yang was still a little boy.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That means 38 Oxley bequeathed to Pinky subject to a life interest granted in favour of Gollum ?

It's odd to bequeath a real property to someone and then with the condition to demolish. Then there has to be a "timing". Otherwise, Pinky can say he will inherit the property but will postpone the date of demolition indefinitely.

The will already said the house will be demolished upon gollum's exit.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY should have had 38 Oxley Road demolished while he was still alive. Then all this would not be a problem.

After all he had Cluny to live at. And his wife had already passed away before him so to say that keeping Oxley was for his wife to get treatment due to proximity to SGH would have no longer been valid after Oct 2 2010.

After ah lao stepped down he was suppose to move into 49 Cluny Hill and that was why the approach road to Cluny Hill was converted to a one way street for security.

Before the conversion, one could drive from Bukit Timah Rd to Napier Rd via Cluny Rd.

But somehow he changed his mind and continued to reside in Istana until he mati.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It means that both grandsons have now stated that they are not keen to pursue politics.

Posted by LHY's eldest son, Li Shengwu, about nine hours ago:
facebook.com/10155361972793523

Twelve hours ago I gave the following statement to AFP: "Not only do I intend never to go into politics, I believe that it would be bad for Singapore if any third-generation Lee went into politics. The country must be bigger than one family."

Today we are going to learn a lot about the country of my birth. We are going to learn whether (as I hope) the ruling party is still full of men and women of quality and strong character, or whether "it is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Using state resources for personal matters? Chee Soon Juan was persecuted for spending $16/- of university moneys.

For LHL's allegation to make sense, LKY must be gaga at that time. If that is so, he still an MP at the material time.

mahathir must be a very happy man now

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It means that both grandsons have now stated that they are not keen to pursue politics.

In the early 80's pondang Loong also said that he wasn't interested in politics, but he was quick to change his mind when wooden Goh invited him to join the party.