• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sinkies shd call him tp resign asap. Poor leadership will sink singapire further which ALL cannot afford and embarrassed.

Or call for a snap election soon do we still want him as PM for Singapore.

Yeah wait snap elections then sinkies vote PAP with 80% of all votes then you know.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why the house was given to LHL as part of the estate was a mystery to me.

pure speculation on a dead mans motives….let's say i was aware that one of my wretched sons was fucking with my wishes and trying to exert undue influence on me via misrepresentations, I might think….ok smart ass…why don't i leave this to you then…and create a wall of clauses, so you cant really sell it or desecrate my wishes. But even i might not be able to foresee that my slimy son would find a naive fool as buyer anyway.

decent02

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this is the last we have heard from LHY and LWL ie they settled the issue privately and house is demolished and all is quiet then we will know for sure that this was nothing but an exercise for personal interests on the part of the siblings.

All that talk about saving singapore and what not all bullshit.
You must be a lucky man if you really residing in Canada. Just read a detainee was awarded 10mil in Canada. This type of compensation will not happen in Singapore.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are slowly getting there, hopefully!

But it looks like LHL "crossed the Rubicon" first according to his siblings!!

The "summary" of SD as he called it targets LHY and wife in regard to the 7th and last will. What comes across is that he turned the secret committee into a court of his own and demanding SDs from his siblings and their LSF. Its quite a novel and cunning way to use the Committee for his own ends. Come to think of it, this might be the tipping point for LHY and the only way out was to go public via FB. It certainly worked if that is the case as the Committee now no longer can proceed along these lines. LHL and Ho Ching must be shocked to find out that LHL was no longer an executor for the estate. I also suspect that extra share originally in the will for LWL must have been suggested by LHL to his father as a form of compensation for removing her from 38 for good. But the 7th will undid all that.

I guess that LHL and HC were out-schemed.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;A5UBM-iH4mE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5UBM-iH4mE[/video]

LOL….all that stuttering, stammering and fumbling does not cut a confident pose.

Not sure why all these guys bother saying what is totally expected of them…what else would they say now?
They can be easily dismissed as wanting revenge for their alleged grievances.

The siblings are the only credible source here…no one else must talk but them.
They probably wouldn't even acknowledge this bald cunt, let alone thank him for his concern.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
First born, as usual, spouting his misleading nonsense and outright lies.

In 1990, an incident occurred in a pre-cabinet meeting which was the beginning of entrenching further among the many in the core executive, resistance to Lee Hsien Loong's long term ambitions for prime ministership. Prior to this meeting Lee Hsien Loong had gone to the office of Richard Hu, the Minister of Finance, and removed a number of files without Hu's permission.

At that time Lee's office was on the 48th floor of what is now Temasek Tower and Hu's was on the 50th floor.At the pre-cabinet meeting Hu took Lee to task for doing this and was supported by Tony Tan. Lee's response was aggressive and insulting, he directly insulted Tan and Hu, a man of his father's age. This was a double insult to Hu, who was Lee's superior in cabinet and a person of an age who should of itself deserve respect in Chinese society. Suppiah Dhanabalan intervened and chastised Lee for his behaviour, demanding that he apologise to Hu, withdraw his remarks and not interfere in other minister's portfolios.
A heated exchange occurred into which a number of other issues intruded and eventually Lee lost his temper, and reportedly reached across the table and slapped Dhanabalan across the face." Ross Worthington, “Governance in Singapore” December 2002

Back then, on why he is not suing Ross Worthington who is not his sibling (unless LKY had a bit of hanky-panky on the side with RW's mother)...

"If the author of the book were here and had assets, I would sue him. But he is an Australian and is out of jurisdiction." First born, 147th Prostitute Press, 12 Oct 2003

[Note: LKY sued a senior reporter, two editors (all Canadians), including the Canadian "Globe & Mail" newspaper as well as well as Devan Nair who had moved to live in Canada, in June 1999.

Now, on his touching reasons - his filial piety to his parents being number one - on why he is not suing his siblings who he did not invite for CNY reunion and whose many statements were made in Singapore, and who have assets here:

"Some MPs still asked why I am not taking legal action against my siblings. For example, Mr Low Thia Khiang advocates my suing my siblings for defamation. This background which I have narrated to you explains why I have hesitated to do so. As I said yesterday, I have been advised that I have a strong legal case. And in normal circumstances, I would surely sue because the accusations of abuse of power are so grave but suing my own brother and sister in court would further besmirch our parents’ names." First born, Statement in Parliament, 04 July 2017

Wooden, back in 1999 on there "must be some truth"...

"But if they've defamed us, we have to sue them -- because if we don't, our own integrity will be suspect. We have an understanding that if a minister is defamed and he does not sue, he must leave cabinet. By defamation, I mean if somebody says the minister is on the take or is less than honest. If he does not rebut it, if he does not dare go before the court to be interrogated by the counsel for the other side, there must be some truth in it. If there is no evidence, well, why are you not suing?" Goh Chok Tong: Finally being his own man, Asiaweek, 03 Dec 1999

Then in 2005, Wooden on Singaporeans' "creativity" and how he suffered (convenient and selective) amnesia in his attempt to brush off Ross Worthington's claim (and by extension, why RW is not being sued)...

"You may also have heard this old story about Loong. In case you have not, I'll tell you now. Back in 1990, Loong had a quarrel with Richard Hu. S. Dhanabalan sided with Richard. Loong lost his temper. He reached across the table and gave Dhanabalan a tight slap. The whole Cabinet was thrown into commotion. I then forced Loong to apologise. I must be suffering from amnesia. I just cannot remember this incident. Now you know how creative Singaporeans are." Wooden, 2005 ND Rally Speech

Wooden now, amnesia fully cured and with a heightened and acute sense of familial and non-familial relationships...

“I will be very brief. The response by Low Thia Khiang is not unexpected. I expected that, this is what we call political sophistry. And as for Tang Liang Hong. He is not my brother.Wooden, Parliament, 04 July 2017

Double-faced? Two faces? As Sarah Palin would say to both siblings, "You betcha!!!"

Or as courteous and eloquent Singaporeans would succinctly say, "Kaninabuchowchibai!!! Ownself talk ownself!"

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is there to "negotiate" about after the siblings latest FB post?

As for this "secret committe" , grey pall being casted once again.

As an aside, Shanmugam seems to be really revealing his fangs with his latest FB post attaching GCT's Parliamentary narrative spin and labelling LHY's conduct and actions based on "jealousy" towards LHL.

The siblings have said 2 clear things besides the abominable conduct of the brother.

1) They are prepared to go back to the negotiating table with him privately as he called for in Parliament

2) Have challenged the secret committee to release in full and unredacted copies of the correspondence between them. (It will never happen as I suspect that the trust of the committee work was challenging the veracity of the will.)

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We love Singapore. It is our country. Our father spent his entire life building and serving Singapore. We want the best for Singapore. To stand by his values is to honour him and his legacy.

This letter sets the events since 14 June 2017 in context, and replies to some claims made in the recent Parliamentary session.

On background

Hsien Loong quarrelled with us on 12 April 2015, the day our father’s will was read. He wanted to state before Parliament the next day that our father had changed his mind and that there was no need to demolish the house at 38 Oxley Road. Naturally we could not agree, as that story was untrue. He was also angry that Wei Ling had an unfettered right to live in the house. He shouted at us and intimidated us. It was the crossing of the Rubicon. He has not spoken to us since.

Shortly thereafter, Hsien Loong wrote to tell us that he had hired a lawyer (Lucien Wong) to deal with the situation, and asked who our lawyers were. We were gobsmacked. We were siblings discussing our father’s house. We had to get our own lawyers. Soon, Hsien Loong ceased to communicate with us directly. The first Chinese New Year reunion after our father’s death, our brother invited all relatives except us.

We attempted to reach out over the past two years, through various intermediaries. We privately offered a ceasefire shortly after our statement of 14 June 2017. Our attempts at reconciliation were rebuffed. We therefore welcome Hsien Loong’s stated desire on 4 July 2017 to manage his disagreement with us in private. We look forward to talking without the involvement of lawyers or government agencies.

On 14 June to date

In our public statement on 14 June 2017, we wrote that Lee Hsien Loong opposed our father Lee Kuan Yew’s demolition wish, that Lee Hsien Loong misused his power as prime minister, and that he hijacked the organs of state to pursue his personal goals. At the time, some Singaporeans greeted these revelations with incredulity – how could these things happen in Singapore?

Since then, you have witnessed evidence on all three counts. Lee Hsien Loong claimed to recuse himself, but made extensive submissions to a secret committee comprised of his own ministers. He sought to challenge Lee Kuan Yew’s wish to demolish the house at 38 Oxley Road, and asserted under oath that Lee Kuan Yew executed his will without knowing its contents. Hsien Loong’s public statements contradict his private statements. Hsien Loong acquired documents in his capacity as PM and used them to fight his personal legal disputes. He misused the powers of the Prime Minister’s Office to pursue his personal desires. (We are putting out a separate paper briefly summarising the evidence to date.)

In Parliament, you have seen that PM Lee and Ho Ching had wished to preserve, renovate and move into our father’s house to inherit his political capital. That Lee Kuan Yew signed renovation plans does not mean that he accepted that the house should be preserved. Hsien Loong misled Lee Kuan Yew (and the rest of the family) that the house would be inevitably gazetted. (We have shown several e-mails that prove this, that can be found in the accompanying summary of evidence.)

Having backup plans to deal with a bad event does not mean that one desires or accepts that the event should happen. If someone says, “If my books catch fire, please call my insurance company”, he has not thereby accepted that his books should be burned.

On top of this, you have seen the organs of state rush to assist Lee Hsien Loong. The tightly-controlled Singapore media sent out an unending stream of biased reporting. Ministers scrambled to ‘take responsibility’ for actions that were clearly instigated by Hsien Loong’s desire to dishonour our father’s will. Government agencies intervened in the middle of the night to find excuses for the Prime Minister and Ho Ching.

Lee Hsien Loong wears two faces. In public, he presents himself as an honourable son, seeking harmony in the family. In private, he uses his official powers and his subordinates to undermine Lee Kuan Yew’s wishes and attack those who speak up.

Why did we speak up?

We are private citizens with no political ambitions. Indeed, we are not politicians and do not have huge media teams to write for us. We have no unfiltered access to mainstream media, and are not savvy with social media. We have made a lot of mistakes along the way; please forgive us.

We seek only to honour our father Lee Kuan Yew’s demolition wish, which he stated repeatedly, in public, in writing, on video, and in his legally binding Last Will and Testament. Our father’s will has been confirmed by the courts at Hsien Loong’s urging. We hope that Singapore will have the heart to respect Lee Kuan Yew’s wish. To be clear, we have never asked, and do not ask, for any exceptions or special treatment. Due process needs to be followed, not secret committees attacking wishes and wills. The house is not a temple, and our father not a god. We have to learn to live without him. In seeking to fulfil our father’s wish, we have paid heavy costs, that far exceed the monetary value of any piece of property. It is wrong of Hsien Loong to pretend to honour our parents’ wishes whilst using the organs of the state to do the opposite.

We love Singapore, and want only that it prospers, under a government that has integrity and respects the rule of law. We would not have brought this dispute into the public eye, if there was a neutral and unbiased venue to resolve our differences in private. Would you keep quiet, if you were executors of your father’s will, and your brother abused his position to challenge your father’s court-proven will and undermine your father’s dying wish?

Were our father alive today, he would be furious about this situation. His wishes are crystal clear: He wanted to demolish the house because he knew it was the right thing for Singapore. He did not want Singaporeans to create a cult around him. And our mother did not want strangers to invade their home. Their wishes are consistent with what is best for Singapore. We need to move beyond Lee Kuan Yew’s artefacts and look to Singapore’s future.

On the recent Parliament session

We have provided part of the evidence, and have been met with hostility and denial. The recent Parliament sitting raised more questions than answers. As we had no opportunity to present our point of view in Parliament, we have no choice but to make our responses through this letter.

It is impossible for MPs to effectively question PM Lee, when his party controls almost all the seats in the house. No independent investigator has gathered evidence, interviewed other witnesses, or subpoenaed the government’s own records. As we pointed out before, Parliament is not the right forum for investigations of this nature.

In Parliament, many spoke up to parrot Lee Hsien Loong’s attacks on Lee Kuan Yew’s will and on us. This entirely proves our point that Hsien Loong’s subordinates are beholden to him, and cannot be impartial judges of their own boss.

Of course, we acknowledge that the government has the legal power to gazette the house against Lee Kuan Yew’s wishes. However, Lee Hsien Loong has gone beyond that. He has sought to rewrite history about Lee Kuan Yew’s stance on demolition – to claim, unbelievably, that Lee Kuan Yew wavered in his unwavering wish. Hsien Loong’s ultimate aim is to preserve the house, while pretending to respect the man.

It seems that releasing further evidence on social media at this time will only muddy the facts, and put pressure on government agencies to make excuses for PM Lee. If there is ever a truly independent inquiry to examine the evidence, they are welcome to ask. Ultimately, it is up to the people of Singapore whether they hold Lee Hsien Loong to a true accounting.

On the Ministerial Committee

In December 2015, the estate of Lee Kuan Yew reached a settlement agreement with Lee Hsien Loong. In this settlement agreement, Lee Hsien Loong confirmed Lee Kuan Yew’s final will, and specifically endorsed the demolition clause in the final will. Lee Hsien Loong also promised to recuse himself from all government decisions on the house. All three children of Lee Kuan Yew made a joint public statement proclaiming the demolition wish. By entering into this settlement agreement, Hsien Loong accepted Lee Kuan Yew’s final will as conclusive and legally binding.

We believed this was a good conclusion, and were surprised in 2016, when we were informed by Lawrence Wong that the Singapore Cabinet convened a committee to study Lee Kuan Yew’s thinking on his house. Disregarding his contractual and publicly announced ‘recusal’, Lee Hsien Loong made extensive submissions to this committee.

It rapidly became clear that the Ministerial Committee was just a way for Lee Hsien Loong to secretly attack Clause 7 of our father’s will. In doing so, he tried to undermine our father’s wish to demolish the house, as well as Wei Ling’s unfettered right to stay in the house.

We were no more than responding to Lee Hsien Loong’s attacks on us and on our father’s last will, that were parroted by the Committee. We never expected any exemptions or preferential treatment. The committee approached us, and not the other way around. We responded to the committee’s queries, in accordance with our duties as executors of Lee Kuan Yew’s estate.

There are claims that we objected to the committee because its questions were “inconvenient”. This is a straw man. In fact, we answered the committee’s ‘inconvenient’ questions in detail, several times, only to have it ignore the answers and keep parroting Lee Hsien Loong.

Our objection was not that the committee’s questions were inconvenient, but that they were deeply improper. When a secret committee of ministers tries to ‘re-examine’ or ‘go beyond’ a legally-binding will, that disregards the rule of law and the separation of powers.

Lee Hsien Loong’s attacks escalated in 2017, when he made his accusations by way of statutory declarations. It became clear, as the Committee pushed us for statutory declarations and involved the Attorney-General’s Chambers, that this was a secret inquisition, a way for Lee Hsien Loong to side-step the court ruling on our father’s will. Because of his relentless attacks through the Committee, and behind closed doors, we were pushed to take this public.

How can Lee Hsien Loong at his whim ignore his legal obligations under our settlement agreement? How can a committee of subordinates ever be objective and impartial in a dispute where the Prime Minister is one of the parties involved? How can a ministerial committee be the correct forum for re-examining the validity of a court-declared binding will?

It is wrong that Lee Hsien Loong takes his grievances with Lee Kuan Yew’s estate to a committee of subordinates. There is a clear conflict of interests and it cannot by any stretch of imagination be considered an impartial forum. If Hsien Loong wishes to challenge the will, the correct forum was and is the courts.

Lee Hsien Loong is seeking to paper over this serious abuse now. He wants to pretend that this was merely an ordinary ministerial committee, a gathering of high-powered ministers just to “get a clearer sense of {Lee Kuan Yew’s} thinking on the house”. (Lee Kuan Yew’s will and public statements already make his thinking crystal clear.)

There are claims now that the committee’s purposes were entirely innocent. If this was truly so, why was the committee so secretive? For almost a year, we asked simple questions about the identity of the committee members, the options under consideration, and its final deliverables. These were not answered. As owners of the property and executors of Lee Kuan Yew’s estate, we had a right to know these basic facts. If the committee’s purposes were as innocent as it claims, it would have answered our questions promptly and transparently.

The assertion now is that the committee had a broad-ranging mission to ‘examine options’ for 38 Oxley Road, and that it discussed the options with us. This conflates the committee’s work with conversations we had long before the committee was formed, in which options were discussed with us only in a “personal capacity”. The committee’s correspondence with us focused almost entirely on Lee Hsien Loong’s attacks on Lee Kuan Yew’s will. (If the committee disagrees with our characterisation, we welcome it to release the full and unredacted correspondence from both sides.) If the committee had instead genuinely engaged on options, we would have gladly offered our input.

On our father’s will

All parties now acknowledge that Lee Kuan Yew’s wish for demolition was unwavering – to quote Lee Hsien Loong’s speech on 4 July 2017, our father “always wanted it knocked down”. Lee Kuan Yew did, of course, make backup plans in case the government acted against his wishes. He set this out in the third sentence of Clause 7 of his will – that if his children were prevented by the government from demolishing the house, then he asked that it be only accessible to his children and their descendants. However, it is clear that he did not “accept” that the government should gazette the house. Leaving instructions for how to deal with a bad event does not imply that you accept or desire that bad event. Lee Kuan Yew always regarded the possibility of gazetting as distressing and regrettable.

By granting probate, the courts have declared the will to be the full, final, and legally binding statement of Lee Kuan Yew’s wishes. If Lee Hsien Loong wanted to cast doubt on our father’s will, he had every opportunity during the probate process. We hope that he will cease attacking the will. If the government respects the separation of powers, it should treat Lee Kuan Yew’s will as the last word on the matter. The courts are the correct forum to resolve disputes about a will.

We are glad that the committee has acknowledged that it has no authority to rule on the validity of Lee Kuan Yew’s will. We see no reason to make further submissions to the committee in its current form.

On the future

We are not politicians, and do not wish to see Singapore embroiled in a never-ending public argument. For now, we will cease presenting further evidence on social media, provided that we and our father’s wish are not attacked or misrepresented. Ultimately, it is up to the government, and the people of Singapore, to decide whether and how to hold Lee Hsien Loong to account.

Since 14 June 2017, numerous Singaporeans have reached out to us in support. We would like to thank each and every one for the love and respect you show our parents, and for all your good wishes. We would also like to thank each of you for caring enough for the Singapore our father helped build – one where integrity, rule of law, and the country always came first. We know some of you have very different views about the house and its preservation. We respect your views and your voice. You have our heartfelt thanks.

Lee Wei Ling and Lee Hsien Yang

Joint Executors and Trustees of the Estate of Lee Kuan Yew

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Looks like "Episode 1" had concluded with Yang and Ling's FB latest post.

Pinky thrown down the gauntlet inviting Yang and Ling to take the legal route; hasn't been on talking terms with Yang and Ling; using the lawyers to communicate... tsk tsk tsk...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to negotiate. LHL painted himself into a corner by his offer and they taking it up probably too see what he can offer and appear cooperative in the eyes of the public. The ball goes back into his court.

The secret committee is probably what did the most damage and not the "he say, you say" thingy.

Shammugam would be a absolute pariah even amongst his own cabinet colleagues for playing both ends.

25 years or so ago I happen to be present when a conversation between him and another person took place. There were few others in the room as well. He was asked a question and provided a misleading answer. Everyone in the room knew what the person meant by the question. He was asked a second question to seek clarification. He then gave the right answer. Did not blink or explain why he provided the first misleading answer. Years later he did the same when SPH interviewed him, again to mislead. A leopard never changes its spots.

What is there to "negotiate" about after the siblings latest FB post?

As for this "secret committe" , grey pall being casted once again.

As an aside, Shanmugam seems to be really revealing his fangs with his latest FB post attaching GCT's Parliamentary narrative spin and labelling LHY's conduct and actions based on "jealousy" towards LHL.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pinky thrown down the gauntlet inviting Yang and Ling to take the legal route; hasn't been on talking terms with Yang and Ling; using the lawyers to communicate... tsk tsk tsk...

Well it settles the most important question whether Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is an honest and honorable man or not, once and for all. The fucking lying bastard!

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
25 years or so ago I happen to be present when a conversation between him and another person took place. There were few others in the room as well. He was asked a question and provided a misleading answer. Everyone in the room knew what the person meant by the question.

The question was "Is it adultery when you have sex with a woman other than your wife?" His answer? "Well I had sex with my wife outside of our bedroom a number of times." The kind of answer I have so often heard lawyers attempting in court.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't be surprised if he is "retired" or eased out. His conduct is a an issue and subject by itself.

The question was "Is it adultery when you have sex with a woman other than your wife?" His answer? "Well I had sex with my wife outside of our bedroom a number of times." The kind of answer I have so often heard lawyers attempting in court.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just came back from Cavenagh Road. Heard that ESM likely to be elevated. He attended Parliament once in 12 months and score big big :biggrin: