• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
And another expert who knew the personal thoughts and famiLee matters (bad puns cannot be resisted in this thread's context) - did not realise the apparatus of government and its institutions had stopped working since the 6 pager was made public -- using the spat as an excuse to not being able to focus on solving the problems of the country... :rolleyes:..:

Chee Hong Tat 徐芳达
45 mins ·
I served as Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s Principal Private Secretary from 2008 to 2011. It was the best posting I ever had, as I had the opportunity to learn directly from Mr Lee and observe how he dealt with different types of people and handled difficult issues. During those 3 years, I also got to know Wei Ling and we became friends. Wei Ling is someone I admire and respect. She has strong views and can be very blunt at times, but she has a good heart and genuinely cares for the people around her.

It saddens me greatly to see what has been happening over the past 2 weeks, especially when I think of the pain it would bring to Mr and Mrs Lee. The wild allegations have damaged Singapore’s reputation, something which Mr Lee spent his entire life building up. I do not believe Wei Ling will intentionally cause harm to her country. So I have asked myself over and over again, why is she doing this? Has she been misled and misunderstood what happened?

One thing I learnt from Mr Lee is to always put the country’s interests above personal interests. Mr Lee would make this point repeatedly in his discussions with Ministers and civil servants, and he demonstrated it through his actions. He drummed this into all of us. He also believed in the rule of law and that no one, including himself, was above the law.

These values formed the foundation of our nation building and differentiate Singapore from other countries in the region.

Knowing Mr Lee, he would be the first to insist that the law must apply equally to his will and the house at 38 Oxley Road just as it does to all other Singaporeans. These are in accordance with the systems which he created. I have no doubt Mr Lee would want his successors in the Government to continue to uphold these systems and values. He would not have wanted his family to be given special treatment – in fact this would make him most unhappy as it goes against his values and what he believed in.

Hsien Yang said he is “a man working to honour his father’s wishes”. Singapore was Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s lifelong passion and it is his legacy. Mr Lee would not wish for a family dispute to be turned into a public quarrel that hurt Singapore’s international standing. Neither would he wish for baseless allegations to be made against Government leaders and institutions, undermining confidence in the systems he created. Mr Lee would put Singapore’s interests above personal interests.

Beyond the dispute and allegations, we have many tough challenges we need to tackle to secure Singapore’s future – how to grow our economy and create good jobs for Singaporeans, how to keep Singapore safe and remain united as one people in the face of rising threats. If my former Boss were still around, I think he would want everyone to put Singapore as the priority and stop all the quarrelling and finger-pointing, so that we can get back to running the country, solving the practical problems we are facing and improving the lives of our people. -- Hong Tat

Lee Kuan Yew would not wish for family dispute to hurt Singapore's standing: Chee Hong Tat

SINGAPORE: Founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew would not wish for a family dispute to be turned into a public quarrel that hurt Singapore’s international standing, his former principal private secretary Chee Hong Tat said on Saturday (Jul 1).

Referring to the spat between Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his siblings Lee Hsien Yang and Dr Lee Wei Ling, Mr Chee, who is now Senior Minister of State for Communications and Information, said in a Facebook post that the "wild allegations have damaged Singapore’s reputation, something which (Mr Lee Kuan Yew) spent his entire life building up".

"Mr Lee would not wish for a family dispute to be turned into a public quarrel that hurt Singapore’s international standing. Neither would he wish for baseless allegations to be made against Government leaders and institutions, undermining confidence in the systems he created. Mr Lee would put Singapore’s interests above personal interests," he wrote.

Mr Chee was principal private secretary to Mr Lee Kuan Yew from 2008 to 2011.

"If my former boss were still around, I think he would want everyone to put Singapore as the priority and stop all the quarrelling and finger-pointing, so that we can get back to running the country, solving the practical problems we are facing and improving the lives of our people."

PM Lee's siblings have alleged that he is privately opposed to the demolition of the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew's house even though his father had publicly stated his wish for it, and they accuse him of abusing his power in trying to preserve the house.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
19553855_1907727012800732_8274291838968872611_n.jpg

19601068_1907727016134065_917375670904867430_n.jpg

19553856_1907727009467399_4517282732681902910_n.jpg

19553855_1907727012800732_8274291838968872611_n.jpg

19601068_1907727016134065_917375670904867430_n.jpg

19553856_1907727009467399_4517282732681902910_n.jpg

No matter how you slice and dice the issue, it is still a family matter. It has nothing to do with the government. Even LKY himself knows that he is not above the law when it comes to the decision on the house although he wants it demolished. But the allegation that LHL and HC are pushing for the preservation of the house for personal agenda does not hold water. Both LHL and HC have denied that they harbour any ambition for their son Hongyi to be the PM someday. Even Hongyi himself has stated clearly that he has no aspiration to be a politician. By throwing the ball into their court, is LHY trying to cover up his own personal agenda ? What is it that he will stand to gain if the house is demolished ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy in the same camp as OKY in my book. I remember his comments shortly after being named a candidate and comments thereafter. I wonder how talent spotting has changed since the son took over.

Quite sad that the person he picked and have turned on him - Indranee, Chee Hong Tat, Teo (this was known by both parents)

Btw he is the second person after JD to suggest that LWL has been misled and steered by others - the brother.

And another expert who knew the personal thoughts and famiLee matters (bad puns cannot be resisted in this thread's context):

Lee Kuan Yew would not wish for family dispute to hurt Singapore's standing: Chee Hong Tat

SINGAPORE: Founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew would not wish for a family dispute to be turned into a public quarrel that hurt Singapore’s international standing, his former principal private secretary Chee Hong Tat said on Saturday (Jul 1).

Referring to the spat between Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his siblings Lee Hsien Yang and Dr Lee Wei Ling, Mr Chee, who is now Senior Minister of State for Communications and Information, said in a Facebook post that the "wild allegations have damaged Singapore’s reputation, something which (Mr Lee Kuan Yew) spent his entire life building up".

"Mr Lee would not wish for a family dispute to be turned into a public quarrel that hurt Singapore’s international standing. Neither would he wish for baseless allegations to be made against Government leaders and institutions, undermining confidence in the systems he created. Mr Lee would put Singapore’s interests above personal interests," he wrote.

"If my former boss were still around, I think he would want everyone to put Singapore as the priority and stop all the quarrelling and finger-pointing, so that we can get back to running the country, solving the practical problems we are facing and improving the lives of our people."

PM Lee's siblings have alleged that he is privately opposed to the demolition of the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew's house even though his father had publicly stated his wish for it, and they accuse him of abusing his power in trying to preserve the house.

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
And another expert who knew the personal thoughts and famiLee matters (bad puns cannot be resisted in this thread's context) - did not realise the apparatus of government and its institutions had stopped working since the 6 pager was made public -- using the spat as an excuse to not being able to focus on solving the problems of the country... :rolleyes:..:

Chee Hong Tat 徐芳达
45 mins ·
I served as Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s Principal Private Secretary from 2008 to 2011. It was the best posting I ever had, as I had the opportunity to learn directly from Mr Lee and observe how he dealt with different types of people and handled difficult issues. During those 3 years, I also got to know Wei Ling and we became friends. Wei Ling is someone I admire and respect. She has strong views and can be very blunt at times, but she has a good heart and genuinely cares for the people around her.

It saddens me greatly to see what has been happening over the past 2 weeks, especially when I think of the pain it would bring to Mr and Mrs Lee. The wild allegations have damaged Singapore’s reputation, something which Mr Lee spent his entire life building up. I do not believe Wei Ling will intentionally cause harm to her country. So I have asked myself over and over again, why is she doing this? Has she been misled and misunderstood what happened?

One thing I learnt from Mr Lee is to always put the country’s interests above personal interests. Mr Lee would make this point repeatedly in his discussions with Ministers and civil servants, and he demonstrated it through his actions. He drummed this into all of us. He also believed in the rule of law and that no one, including himself, was above the law.

These values formed the foundation of our nation building and differentiate Singapore from other countries in the region.

Knowing Mr Lee, he would be the first to insist that the law must apply equally to his will and the house at 38 Oxley Road just as it does to all other Singaporeans. These are in accordance with the systems which he created. I have no doubt Mr Lee would want his successors in the Government to continue to uphold these systems and values. He would not have wanted his family to be given special treatment – in fact this would make him most unhappy as it goes against his values and what he believed in.

Hsien Yang said he is “a man working to honour his father’s wishes”. Singapore was Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s lifelong passion and it is his legacy. Mr Lee would not wish for a family dispute to be turned into a public quarrel that hurt Singapore’s international standing. Neither would he wish for baseless allegations to be made against Government leaders and institutions, undermining confidence in the systems he created. Mr Lee would put Singapore’s interests above personal interests.

Beyond the dispute and allegations, we have many tough challenges we need to tackle to secure Singapore’s future – how to grow our economy and create good jobs for Singaporeans, how to keep Singapore safe and remain united as one people in the face of rising threats. If my former Boss were still around, I think he would want everyone to put Singapore as the priority and stop all the quarrelling and finger-pointing, so that we can get back to running the country, solving the practical problems we are facing and improving the lives of our people. -- Hong Tat

There you go - strategy on 3 July is to "put Singapore's interests above personal interests."

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
There you go - strategy on 3 July is to "put Singapore's interests above personal interests."

MIght be some wild card things too…who knows for sure.

hopefully the wp dumbos will have the good sense to ask a whole new set of questions than the ones they sent in. so there's no time to rehearse.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

hopefully the wp dumbos will have the good sense to ask a whole new set of questions than the ones they sent in. so there's no time to rehearse.

WP would do well by not phrasing their questions in bombastic manner. Just ask LHL if the allegations are true. If not, then demand LHL to sue LHY and LWL. Quote GCT.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee Hong Tat 徐芳达
45 mins ·

The wild allegations have damaged Singapore’s reputation, something which Mr Lee spent his entire life building up. I do not believe Wei Ling will intentionally cause harm to her country. So I have asked myself over and over again, why is she doing this? Has she been misled and misunderstood what happened?

Is he calling her and her bro liars?

And, try as they may, these guys never fail to upset other countries by insulting them with arrogance. Amazing attitude.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
As you can see this chap has no qualms about saying things that are patently false.

https://likedatosocanmeh.wordpress....n-talking-cock-title-in-the-year-of-the-cock/

Chee Hong Tat first minister to win Talking Cock title in the Year of the Cock
Posted on January 29, 2017 by Phillip Ang
TKSS Association of Singapore
555, Jalan Cakap Ayam
Singapore 543210

Dear Minister Chee Hong Tat

Re: Winner of Talking Cock title for Jan 2017

The directors of the TKSS Association of Singapore have unanimously decided to award Minister Chee our coveted monthly Talking Cock title.

We hope you are pleased to know that even older hands at talking cock such as PM Lee, Minister Shanmugam, Josephine Teo, etc were no match for Minister Chee.

When you equated Mediacorp, aka Mediacock, a PAP controlled propaganda tool, to “a credible and reliable source of news”, netizens were left speechless. Most could only describe your deep understanding of mainstream media with 2 words: “talking cock”.

A poll conducted by the Straitjacket Times has also confirmed Minister Chee deserves to be awarded the title more than anyone else.

Mediacock is owned by Temasek which is controlled by PM Lee’s wife and everyone knows that Mediacock editors and producers must be PAP-approved.

Mediacock frames the narrative for its paymaster PAP and Singaporeans are turned off by programmes such as CNA’s “Talking Point” which should be renamed “No Point Talking”.

When you said “we’re able to bring good quality programmes (and) good quality news through different platforms ..”, it’s such an obvious half truth which may awaken the dead.

Of course Minister Chee did not forget another important PAP propaganda arm and also visited SPH to greet staff on the first day of CNY. Although you must have been aware of our 154th media ranking on the World Press Freedom Index, you hinted that our print media have delivered “high-quality news reports”. But can we have high-quality news reports when articles and journalists must be PAP-approved?

Please continue to surprise us with with your insights and you may stand a chance to win our annual award.

You are now permitted by our organisation to display your new title on your name card, in your office or anywhere which may be beneficial to you.

Should you lose at the next GE, please consider joining our association and not allow your rare talent to go to waste.

Congratulations.

Yours sincerely,

Board of TKSS Association of Singapore

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Debate? What debate does she believe she is presiding over (again with the puns!)?

Halimah Yacob says she hopes Oxley Road dispute will be 'properly debated' in Parliament

The Speaker of Parliament said that having some finality to the issue would be "ideal".

Singapore
SINGAPORE: Speaker of Parliament Halimah Yacob on Saturday (Jul 1) said that she hoped issues would be "properly debated" in Parliament on Monday, when Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is set to address allegations by his siblings against him.

"There will be of course a lot of speeches, but I do hope that we can see that the issues are properly debated and hopefully, if we can have some finality, that would be ideal. But I really leave it to the debate," she said when asked on the sidelines of a People's Action Party (PAP) event what she hopes to see during the debate.

"As the speaker, my task is to ensure that it's a fair, open, transparent debate that goes on on Monday."

The Prime Minister’s siblings, Mr Lee Hsien Yang and Dr Lee Wei Ling, said in a six-page statement on Jun 14 that they "felt threatened" by PM Lee’s use of his position and influence over the Singapore Government and its agencies to "drive his personal agenda” since their father died on Mar 23, 2015. They also accused him of wanting to demolish 38 Oxley Road against the wishes of the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew, their father.

PM Lee has promised to deal with the allegations when Parliament sits on Monday, saying that the "baseless accusations" against him and the Government must be dealt with openly. He also invited all Members of Parliament to question him and his Cabinet colleagues vigorously on the matter.

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean - who heads a ministerial committee studying options for the house - will also speak in Parliament on Monday.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

One thing I learnt from Mr Lee is to always put the country’s interests above personal interests. (one time) Mr Lee would make this point repeatedly in his discussions with Ministers and civil servants, and he demonstrated it through his actions. He drummed this into all of us. He also believed in the rule of law and that no one, including himself, was above the law.

Hsien Yang said he is “a man working to honour his father’s wishes”. Singapore was Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s lifelong passion and it is his legacy. Mr Lee would not wish for a family dispute to be turned into a public quarrel that hurt Singapore’s international standing. Neither would he wish for baseless allegations to be made against Government leaders and institutions, undermining confidence in the systems he created. Mr Lee would put Singapore’s interests above personal interests. (two times)

Beyond the dispute and allegations, we have many tough challenges we need to tackle to secure Singapore’s future – how to grow our economy and create good jobs for Singaporeans, how to keep Singapore safe and remain united as one people in the face of rising threats. If my former Boss were still around, I think he would want everyone to put Singapore as the priority (3 times) and stop all the quarrelling and finger-pointing, so that we can get back to running the country, solving the practical problems we are facing and improving the lives of our people. -- Hong Tat

Parliament Hearing hasn't even started, the Ji Hong so cocksure Princess is the one who has caused harm to Singapore ?

You mean if Princess and Yang Yang don't stop KPKB on facebook, the team of ministers will stop working to improve the lives of Singaporeans ?

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal

Put everything for the country first.

Chase the GDP

Bring in more Fts to generate GDP. To attract them, above 30 exempted from NS. Wife and parents can tag along with ease.

Give out more scholarship to foreigners to attract more to come

Bring in more foreigners to create more jobs for the locals

Do everything or anything that bring money in for Singapore and nothing for the people?

At the end of the day who gets to enjoy the money?

It should be the people's interests above country and nothing...zerooo for personal interest!

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. I said the same thing and sinkies samsters here keep attacking me on my medical skills my intelligence and the like. I think it is time for me to leave this forum.

RaIders you have won. Good riddance to me.

Please stay on. Stay tuned for more - this Sun morning...:biggrin:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ling and Yang might have a video release similar to Dr Thum :biggrin:....stayed tuned to their fb...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
MCI supports dead people without anyone calling them ??

http://mothership.sg/2017/07/mci-te...he-work-of-former-pms-in-line-with-policy/MCI tells Lee Wei Ling: Photographers supporting the work of former PMs in line with policy
Another round of back and forth.
By Chan Cheow Pong | 4 hours 94

Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI), which was implicated in a facebook post by Lee Wei Ling on July 1, in which she accused Ho Ching, the wife of PM Lee Hsien Loong of acting improperly by using MCI photographers, has responded to say that the ministry’s work was not a special arrangement.

According to MCI’s response to media queries, MCI photographers continued to support Founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew after he stepped down from the Cabinet and this is in line with the policy of supporting former Prime Ministers and Presidents after they leave office.

Lee Wei Ling alleged that Ho Ching had personally oversaw the cataloging and removal of items from 38 Oxley Road house during that period of time, with MCI photographers, for the purpose of recreating the interior of the house for public exhibition.

Lee Wei Ling said, “She had no business doing this at all”.

This is what the MCI spokesman said in full:

“MCI photographers continued to support Founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew after he stepped down from the Cabinet. This is in line with MCI’s policy of supporting former Prime Ministers and Presidents after they leave office. After Mr Lee’s passing, MCI photographers were deployed to take photos of various personal and official items belonging to Mr Lee at 38 Oxley Road. This was done for the purposes of national archival and documentation. Similar photographic recordings were done during Mr Lee’s lifetime of his study at home and of the basement dining room.”