• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Lee Wei Ling delivers uppercut to moron brother with new FB post, GO LING!!!

Later email? What are you smokin'?

21 Jul 2011 (SD): LKY accepted cabinet's position, i.e. preserve the house

28 Jul 2011 (Janadas email): LKY wants to demolish house.

How can a post-28 Jul 2011 email from Janadas (if it even exists) validate that there was a (highly implausible) change of mind on LKY's part in the 7 days between 21 Jul & 28 Jul?

Really, you should get your brain examined - you're a disgrace to the medical profession.

Whatever transpired the fact remains that 70% think that this is no big deal and will continue to support the ruling elite.

And with the PAP government in control of all state institutions it will be business as usual for LHL and his team even if public support does take a plunge one day.

You have to look no further to our northern neighbors to see an example of how a major scandal had no effect whatsoever on Najib and his cronies. They are still firmly in power.

Kotekbengkok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Lee Wei Ling delivers uppercut to moron brother with new FB post, GO LING!!!

Crony has replied:

Janadas Devan

Dear Wei Ling:Your latest post blares, tabloid-style, misleading information. Having edited you for many years, I know this is not your style.

The email you quote was written when I was Associate Editor of Straits Times, not Chief of Government Communications. And as you know well, I had met Mr Lee Kuan Yew with a few other journalists to discuss a book that he had proposed on 38 Oxley Rd.

When he met us in July 2011, he made plain that he wanted the house to be demolished. But as the months and years passed, the nature of the project changed as it became less definitive whether the house would be demolished – and if so, when.

For example, we were told that you will be staying in the house for as long as you live. Then I learnt plans to build a model of the interior of 38 Oxley Rd was dropped – because, I gathered, Mr Lee was considering plans to gut the interior of the house altogether to remove traces of the private space.

There was no doubt then or now that Mr Lee’s preference was to demolish the house. But as the shifting instructions we heard from the family in 2011-12 – including from you – indicated, the fate of the house had by no means been decided at that point.

I ceased to be involved in the Oxley Rd book project in July 2012, when I left ST. My personal view remains that Mr Lee’s wish to demolish 38 Oxley Rd should be granted the moment you are no longer living in it, which may be 20, 30 or more years in the future.

In the meantime, I am as baffled as most Singaporeans why Hsien Yang and you wish to consume all of us in your personal family matters.

Please: Think of Singapore, and forget the rest.

I think Janadas is very believable here. He is as much a neutral as can be expected in the singapore govt. He lives in Texas, teaches there and moonlights as the chief of communications. He has US PR and makes a good living there. PAP cannot touch him or bankrupt him or sue him in US. Not to mention he is still viewed with some suspicions by the establishment due to his last name and the fact he will not move to zikapore permanently, he is not as big a porlumpar as others and hence as impartial as you can find. Coupled with the fact that he met Old Fart and discussed this topic of Oxley demolition in detail, basically saying in this email that he heard it from the horse's mouth.

The other damning part of the email is his reference to small minded people who do not want to grant old fart his last wish. I wonder who he is referring to? Gay Loong maybe? If so, he has just indirectly called his PeeM small minded. not the kind of leader zikapore should have. But then, we already know he was small minded.

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal

Could Old Man LKY be senile during the period in 2011 so that he could not remember his own position on the matter?

If so, will his flip flop be grounds to invalidate his last Will?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When he met us in July 2011, he made plain that he wanted the house to be demolished. But as the months and years passed, the nature of the project changed as it became less definitive whether the house would be demolished – and if so, when.

Janadas has dug himself a bigger hole. He has re-affirmed that as of July 2011, LKY had wanted the house demolished. In other words, LHL lied in his SD.

Whether LKY vacillated to and fro later on is immaterial to this egregious breach of the law:

False statement made in any declaration which is by law receivable as evidence
199. Whoever, in any declaration made or subscribed by him, which declaration any court of justice, or any public servant or other person, is bound or authorised by law to receive as evidence of any fact, makes any statement which is false, and which he either knows or believes to be false or does not believe to be true, touching any point material to the object for which the declaration is made or used, shall be punished in the same manner as if he gave false evidence.
[Indian PC 1860, s. 199]

Using as true any such declaration known to be false
200. Whoever corruptly uses or attempts to use as true any such declaration knowing the same to be false in any material point, shall be punished in the same manner as if he gave false evidence.Explanation—A declaration which is inadmissible merely upon the ground of some informality, is a declaration within the meaning of sections 199 and 200.
[Indian PC 1860, s. 200]

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

The important thing here is the Old Man has been consistent with his view. And timing is interesting - 2011 and after he met the cabinet. Whether Janadas Devan was a broomstick, associate editor or Head of Govt Comms at the time is immaterial. His email content is telling.

Crony has replied:

Janadas Devan

Dear Wei Ling:Your latest post blares, tabloid-style, misleading information. Having edited you for many years, I know this is not your style.

The email you quote was written when I was Associate Editor of Straits Times, not Chief of Government Communications. And as you know well, I had met Mr Lee Kuan Yew with a few other journalists to discuss a book that he had proposed on 38 Oxley Rd.

For example, we were told that you will be staying in the house for as long as you live. Then I learnt plans to build a model of the interior of 38 Oxley Rd was dropped – because, I gathered, Mr Lee was considering plans to gut the interior of the house altogether to remove traces of the private space.

There was no doubt then or now that Mr Lee’s preference was to demolish the house. But as the shifting instructions we heard from the family in 2011-12 – including from you – indicated, the fate of the house had by no means been decided at that point.

I ceased to be involved in the Oxley Rd book project in July 2012, when I left ST. My personal view remains that Mr Lee’s wish to demolish 38 Oxley Rd should be granted the moment you are no longer living in it, which may be 20, 30 or more years in the future.

In the meantime, I am as baffled as most Singaporeans why Hsien Yang and you wish to consume all of us in your personal family matters.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Now that lhl has been proven to lie in his statutory declaration, what's the penalty?

no lies, no penalties, nothing wrong when you have a more than 69% mandate and the uber majority of parliament at 96% are behind you. when you can change laws with legislature and interpret laws with judiciary strongly on your side, you can turn water to wine, walk on water, move mountains, become god, and add hum to mee siam. only thing that cannot be done is raise the dead, but in this case, the dead may rise or reincarnate from ashes when something is amiss.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Crony has replied:

Janadas Devan

Yellowarse. And you were saying? Maybe old man keep changing. One moment accept cabinet position another moment tell Janadas he wants to demolish then later change his mind again or say not sure. You clearly have not had interactions with people with dementia.

All this has nothing to do with whether I am a doctor a salesman a garang guni man, whether I have a big or small dick or a huge or small breasts or big or small nose.

Similarly it has nothing to do with whether you are the bescumbered one , the hircismus or cacafuego.

Leave the personal attacks out.

So far this is all still about the stupid Oxley house. Until there are better allegations that impact on the lives and well being of Singaporeans then it becomes serious. Till then the simpletons in sinkieland cannot read between the lines.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Whatever transpired the fact remains that 70% think that this is no big deal and will continue to support the ruling elite.

That I agree with, in the short term.

But, in the longer term, it will be a catalyst for the start of an internal fissure (if it's not already happening) within the party as well as the Lee crony network both in public service and in business. And then a long slow decline amidst a power struggle will ensue.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. Its an interesting how Old Man thru out his time in public office had built this bridge to the West without he realising it. The future for Singapore parents indeed lies with the West. His grandsons are doing just that.

That is what will happen to the majority of our children. When the job opportunities here dry up, our children will be forced to go overseas. NUS, NTU, SMU etc will cease to become the dream outcome of Singapore parents. Instead everyone will be doing what they can to send their children to US, UK etc for a quality education and migration of the family after graduation. You will be surprised how clued in Singapore parents are in this respect.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yellowarse. And you were saying? Maybe old man keep changing. One moment accept cabinet position another moment tell Janadas he wants to demolish then later change his mind again or say not sure. You clearly have not had interactions with people with dementia.

See my post #39: https://www.sammyboy.com/showthread...-new-FB-post-GO-LING!!!&p=2619678#post2619678

A modicum of intellect is expected more of a doctor than, say, a garang guni man. In that respect, it does matter. Note that I'm not even touching on the issue of integrity.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This saga must go to the very end for this country and its people to move forward.

Your point about the grandson is something that his generation and his cousins who went west are realising. I think they also realise that it is more important that being smart allows them to achieve things on merit and society recognises you for that.

I tend to be a bit more optimistic about Singapore's future, but I agree things will get much worse before it gets better as the elites and oligarchs break up into factions.

Apathetic average Singaporeans and the upper middle class (who may be socially progressive but yearn for stability) need a rude shock to their systems, to eventually learn to take charge of their futures instead of blindly relying on the decisions of the elites. If not they will just be like frogs being killed in slow boiling water.

I feel bad for the grandson destined for academia, having met him a few times when he was a child and my children are around his age. Very different man from his grandfather yet every bit his grandson, the only one who inherited his oratorical skills, albeit in a hybrid accent. I always felt he was quite representative of the elite kids of his generation since he wrote that letter to the ST forum about how we should teach literature in Singapore. But the boy is extremely smart, and his life in Worlds debating and academia seem to have made him more humble. The interesting thing about this fella even took a financial journalism internship with The Economist during his PPE degree, the very magazine that had to apologise to his uncle and pay 127k pounds for allegations of nepotism in Singapore under his grandfather and uncle. His views are quite liberal but he is a trained economist so I would assume he is fiscally conservative. A pity he would not be back in Singapore by the looks of it, but I agree with him that Singapore is better off without all these 2nd/3rd gen political royalty.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thats not what he is saying. His point about the dates is absolutely crucial. And his post his crystal clear what he meant. You might want to read it again.

All this has nothing to do with whether I am a doctor a salesman a garang guni man, whether I have a big or small dick or a huge or small breasts or big or small nose.

Similarly it has nothing to do with whether you are the bescumbered one , the hircismus or cacafuego.

Leave the personal attacks out.

So far this is all still about the stupid Oxley house. Until there are better allegations that impact on the lives and well being of Singaporeans then it becomes serious. Till then the simpletons in sinkieland cannot read between the lines.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That I agree with, in the short term.

But, in the longer term, it will be a catalyst for the start of an internal fissure (if it's not already happening) within the party as well as the Lee crony network both in public service and in business. And then a long slow decline amidst a power struggle will ensue.

papigs not likely to be taken out by outside forces, ie opposition parties or activists.

in order to bring down papigs, it must be due to internal power play/grab. A good reference will be the KMT. KMT a party, under the military might of the 党軍 who in turn controlled by a dictator who also transferred the mandate to his son after his death. wonder who are papig version of 李登輝 and 宋楚瑜.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

papigs not likely to be taken out by outside forces, ie opposition parties or activists.

in order to bring down papigs, it must be due to internal power play/grab. A good reference will be the KMT. KMT a party, under the military might of the 党軍 who in turn controlled by a dictator who also transferred the mandate to his son after his death. wonder who are papig version of 李登輝 and 宋楚瑜.

Yes, agree. And this saga might be the catalyst.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

like assad of syria and his cronies. still in charge after a brutal civil war with multiple factions. pappies are like their arab counterparts. majority of economy and high society all controlled by one party and or family. pap will not be easily taken down by fragmented oppos in sg. it has to self destruct with successor tearing it apart like gorbachev did to the soviets.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, agree. And this saga might be the catalyst.

in your dreams. the party is dragon king and dragon king is the party until he retires. family feud episodes will cum and go like flatulence in the wind. over 69% of sinkie and mudlaysian diaspora in milpitas kopitiam would like gollum and playboy princeling to fly a kite or jump into marina bay for wasting time and resources. and these are no friends of dragon king. what abuse, lies and deception? where have sinkies been? all these are part and parcel of washington politics every day. we see this kind of drama unfold every morning and night until we are immune to tiny ripples cumming from sg. if there's no abuse, lies, deception or backstabbing, they shouldn't be politicians. but for a small section of sinkies, a tiny ripple is like striking lottery as though the cuntry and regime will collapse. not gonna happen. big yawner here.

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

No matter. It proves that LHL lied in his statutory declaration 7 days earlier, an offence punishable under the penal code.

This is apart from all the other serious issues raised in the allegations, e.g. the appointment of an ill-qualified overaged AG, abuse of state resources for private gain, HC's direct interference in state affairs, etc

At best a $100 and 1 day jail commencing 4.45pm

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw that…hard to believe it was an instalment of Hard Talk hosted by Stephen Sackur.

I almost detected a hint of deference in Sackur's demeanour….got me wondering what the bbc has to be scared about.

The only reason why Stephen Sackur showed deference to Sissy Loong was because BBC is licensed to broadcast to Asia from S'pore.