• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.theindependent.sg/not-another-minister-on-the-will-again/

Not another minister on the Will again!
June 26, 20176690

By Leong Sze Hian

The dispute over the House and the Will should have been kept private. It is regrettable that our ministers are getting involved in what should have been a private matter. The right forum should have been a court of law.

I refer to the article “Oxley Road dispute: Indranee asks Lee Hsien Yang who drafted the late Lee Kuan Yew’s final will” (Straits Times, Jun 25).

It states that “Senior Minister of State for Law and Finance Indranee Rajah on Saturday (June 24) called on Mr Lee Hsien Yang, the younger brother of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, to identify the lawyer who drafted the final will of the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

On Saturday, her focus was on the will. She said Mr Lee Hsien Yang has insisted that Ms Kwa Kim Li from Lee & Lee had drafted it. But the lawyer, who prepared the first six wills, has denied having a part in the final document.

He also said his wife and her law firm Stamford Law, now Morgan Lewis Stamford, did not prepare the will.

But PM Lee recounted in a statutory declaration that his sister-in-law said she had got lawyer Ng Joo Khin from her law firm to handle it, which Mr Ng has not refuted, said Ms Indranee.

Calling on Mr Lee Hsien Yang to shed light on the matter, she said it raises questions on whether the late Mr Lee had received independent advice.

“Under our law, the lawyer drafting a will is required to be independent. If the lawyer has an interest in the will, the lawyer must make sure the person making the will gets independent advice,” she added.

The late Mr Lee made seven wills between August 2011 and December 2013, changing some of the terms over the years.

He had left a larger share of his estate to his daughter, Dr Lee Wei Ling, in the sixth will, but in the seventh will, all three of his children got an equal share.

This means Mr Lee Hsien Yang’s share increased, said Ms Indranee, adding: “As Mrs Lee Suet Fern is his wife, if she prepared the seventh will, then the question which will arise is what independent advice (Mr Lee Kuan Yew) received?””

As to “this means Mr Lee Hsien Yang’s share increased” – does it mean that the other beneficiary’s share also increased?

If this is the case – since we are on the subject of “interest” or arguably, “conflict of interest” – does it mean that all the beneficiaries whose share increased, may arguably, also have an interest or possible conflict of interest?

Is it also possible that the Minister in making these remarks may also arguably, have a conflict of interest as she is subordinate to one of the beneficiaries and she reports directly to one of the Ministers on the ministerial committee?

Since the Minister is not on the ministerial committee or the cabinet – in what capacity is she making these remarks?

Since the Prime Minister has lifted the whip on his own party and said that Members of Parliament (MPs) can ask all their questions on 3 July in Parliament – why is the Minister making these remarks now?

In this connection, I would like to requote what Mr Han Fook Kwang, former editor of the Straits Times wrote – “First, it is a valid question to ask how involved ministers should be on this issue. The only matter that concerns the Government is whether to preserve 38, Oxley Road, which it has the right to do under the Preservation of Monuments Act. Any other issue, including how the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew decided on his will and who his lawyers were, has nothing to do with the Government, or with you and me, least of all a committee of ministers.

Was it wise or necessary for ministers to be involved in such matters as Mr Lee’s will, which are difficult to ascertain? Should they not have confined themselves to deciding only on what to do with the house – demolish, preserve or some intermediate option?

In retrospect, ministers should have stayed clear of the dispute over the will. They should have told PM Lee: As the eldest child, please resolve the matter with your siblings. Do not involve us. We expect you to solve it, hopefully amicably. Involving the Government risks harming its good name and that of its ministers” (“Three key issues in the Lee v Lee saga“, Straits Times, Jun 21).

For the sake of Singapore, may I suggest that the Minister heed Mr Han Fook Kwang’s above remarks.

Mr Han also said “The family feud among the Lees is extremely damaging to Singapore” – the Minister should not arguably, add to the damage to Singapore as we are already the laughing stock of the world – let’s not continue to contribute to making us into the greatest laughing stock in the history of the world!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Was the OC of Parachute School, my buddy (and instructor at OCS), the one and only champion skydiver (US Ranger and Pathfinder), [hentakaki] CPT Neo Keng Kok?
Neo Keng Kok, is unlike any other Commando Officer.

That I don't know. but I can imagine any OC of Para School would be hanta kaki for sneaking Yang into jump school and then letting him jump from a C-130 to get his wings. LOL.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That I don't know. but I can imagine any OC of Para School would be hanta kaki for sneaking Yang into jump school and then letting him jump from a C-130 to get his wings. LOL.

Neo is the only commando officer who may be willing and daring to allow that to proceed.
Several years ago, I phoned and spoke to Neo's daughter.
I cherished my friendship with Neo, because was a LTA and instructor, he treated me like a comrade, offering smokes and drinks,
although I have never smoked.
Those were the days.
On a mission, I will trust Neo.
The newer generation of officers and warriors may be different.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Neo is the only commando officer who may be willing and daring to allow that to proceed.
Several years ago, I phoned and spoke to Neo's daughter.
I cherished my friendship with Neo, because was a LTA and instructor, he treated me like a comrade, offering smokes and drinks,
although I have never smoked.
Those were the days.
On a mission, I will trust Neo.
The newer generation of officers and warriors may be different.

No old timer respect the new scholar officers. They are shit useless in the field and will get our boys killed. But the old timers have all been pensioned or retired out. In times of war, better to leave zikapore. I think it will be game over in less then 48 hrs for the SAF

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No old timer respect the new scholar officers. They are shit useless in the field and will get our boys killed. But the old timers have all been pensioned or retired out. In times of war, better to leave zikapore. I think it will be game over in less then 48 hrs for the SAF

When I was in full time NS, the first batch SAFOS were CPT at that time. There were two SAFOS (and several other scholar officers, OMS, one went to Canada, one went to UK, one went to Japan) at the location where I was.
There are fewer "garang" officers.
As I was about to ROD, there was commando CPT Gwee Peng Hong, and when they appointed him as CO 1 SIR, and offered him the rank of Local Major, hear say that the told the authority that if, as a CPT, he was good enough to be the CO, it was good for him. Eventually, he was promoted to MAJ. Interestingly, the several officers at 2 SIB were all from first batch OCS: Brigade Commander: LTC Chng Teow Hua, CO 1 SIR: CPT Gwee, CO 3 SIR: MAJ Neo Poh Chuan, CO 4 SIR: MAJ Chow Giak Piak.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Oh no - not another Minister on the Will Again!" but this one is "bringing the House back to Earth!"

Minister Desmond Lee: Lee Kuan Yew’s will need government’s permission first

Second Minister for National Development Desmond Lee told state media Straits Times today (June 26) that any legal-binding will can easily be override by the “rule of law”:

“The rule of law is something we cherish because we are fortunate to have it. It is about private rights versus the interest of the public. This process is how more than 7,100 buildings are conserved.”

Minister Desmond Lee also said that any demolishment work will first need the government’s permission and that the government reserve the right to disallow the
demolishment. Citing a factory as example, Minister Desmond Lee said:

“Even though the factory sat on private land, the Government took a stand as it has to represent Singaporeans’ heritage concerns. If the company that owns the building says something like they want to knock it down and do something else there, then there is a process. This process involves the URA’s Conservation Advisory Panel and the National Heritage Board’s Preservation of Sites and Monuments division.”

In the recent week, the Ministerial Committee claimed that Lee Kuan Yew’s will runs against “public interests” and is fighting to deny the will in the name of “public interests”. The culprit behind the Ministerial Committee is Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who earlier failed to invalidate the last will by claiming his legal-trained father do not know what is written in the will. PM Lee Hsien Loong has resorted to abusing his powers and using the government under his control to deny the will.

http://statestimesreview.com/2017/0...-yews-will-need-governments-permission-first/

‘Rule of law’ followed on heritage decisions: Desmond Lee

When it comes to deciding whether heritage buildings should be preserved, Singapore must follow the due process put in place by its founding fathers, said Second Minister for National Development and Home Affairs Desmond Lee.

To do so, there is a need to strike a careful balance between the private wishes of the property owner and the Government's need to conserve heritage buildings, he added.

Asked what if the private wishes belonged to a founding father, Mr Lee said: "The rule of law is something we cherish because we are fortunate to have it. It is about private rights versus the interest of the public. This process is how (more than) 7,100 buildings are conserved."

He did not refer to the dispute between the children of founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew over whether the family home at 38, Oxley Road should be demolished according to their father's last wishes. The interview took place after the dispute had gone public.

Instead, Mr Lee raised the example of the former National Aerated Water Company building.

In that instance, the freehold land underneath the defunct bottling factory in Serangoon had been sold to a private developer, who wished to demolish the building to make way for a private condominium.

This led to a public outcry from the heritage community. The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) said last December that it would engage the new owner to explore the possibility of conserving the building in the light of its architectural and heritage values as a landmark in the area.

Even though the factory sat on private land, Mr Lee said the Government took a stand as it has to represent Singaporeans' heritage concerns. Said Mr Lee: "If the company that owns the building says something like they want to knock it down and do something else there, then there is a process."

This process involves the URA's Conservation Advisory Panel and the National Heritage Board's Preservation of Sites and Monuments division.

Mr Lee described them as a passionate team that cares about our built environment history and go around quietly gazetting and conserving buildings, though "things will come to a boil from time to time". Said Mr Lee: "The building can be memorable for various reasons - because important things happened there, because it's historical. But after your generation, what's next? Do future Singaporeans care about what went on there?

"It's not about the building, but the way in which we curate our conservation strategies and need to allow ordinary Singaporeans to connect with their past."

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/rule-of-law-followed-on-heritage-decisions

Mr Lee, whose father is former Cabinet minister Lee Yock Suan, entered politics in 2011 as a backbencher in Jurong GRC.

In 2013, he was made minister of state for national development, before being promoted to senior minister of state in 2015, taking on the additional portfolio of home affairs as well. In his latest promotion on May 1 this year, he became Minister in the Prime Minister's Office and Second Minister for Home Affairs and National Development, which made him the youngest full minister in the current Cabinet.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The so called Lky effect helped the useless idiot Son win the last GE.
Now the same Lky effect will start the ball rolling for pap demise.
Why lhl so stubborn die die want to get his way? The goodwill effect from keeping the house if any left already eroded away by this ongoing fiasco.
It's lose lose situation any way lhl choose to play it now. He can only do damage control at most.....but he's still going at it. This will backfire big time in his fuckface

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's the third post (I've emphasised the bits of great interest from my reading - also note the embedded insinuations as to motives):

https://www.facebook.com/IndraneeRajah/posts/1849188028431491

Indranee Rajah
1 hr ·
4 Financial Things You Should Know About the Oxley Dispute

My two previous posts covered the so-called "Demolition Clause" in the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew's last will and the circumstances in which the Will came to be.

In this post I will discuss the various options for the house that a future government might consider once his daughter Dr Lee Wei Ling is no longer living in it....

There's no way on earth this bitch posted all her nonsense without any coordination with LHL, and without his clearance and consent. Otherwise, it risks becoming another Rahman Dalian's (Najib's Minister) fuck-up. (This chap essentially confirmed that Najib's wife received a US$27 diamond necklace from Jho Low, courtesy of the swindled 1MDB funds when his "noble" intent was to defend Najib from the US DOJ's actions.)

Apart from regurgitating what LHL had stated in his SD and tiresomely asking the same questions which have already been dealt with and answered by the siblings, she goes one step further and vomits out more nonsense and insinuations; all done in the striking tone and language used in first born's edited summary of his SD.

I won't be surprised if first born has nominated this bitch as his primary attack dog. She has legal training, is extremely ambitious, and is beholden to him for her 2012 promotion to SMOS. As her future promotions, political career and fate hangs on the decisions he will make, this corrupt cunt will continue to be beholden to him. I am prepared to bet that the nonsense she spouted and will continue to bark about, will have striking similarities to, if not
lifted directly from first born's unedited and complete SD.

First born continues to misuse and abuse government's resources (his MPs and Ministers) for his private troubles and battles. That he has not gone through the proper forum, the courts, to challenge his father's Will, amply demonstrates that this sneaky little bastard, this corrupt cunt (who is an SC and knows very well that this is a matter that should be dealt with by the Courts), as well as the other dogs and cocksuckers beholden to him who he is holding in reserve and which he will eventually unleash, know very well he wouldn't stand a hell of a chance of winning his case in court.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why lhl so stubborn die die want to get his way? The goodwill effect from keeping the house if any left already eroded away by this ongoing fiasco.
It's lose lose situation any way lhl choose to play it now. He can only do damage control at most.....but he's still going at it. This will backfire big time in his fuckface
Why is SC Indranee Rajah throwing banana skins along Oxley Rd........??
Who instructed her?......... she has no locus standi - not in secret cabinet committee other than working under the person accused by his former wife for having adultery with an office colleague
Why shud LHY respond to this pundek speaking from both orifices.... ie top and bottom

Get a cucumber from BKK or hotdog from HKG you misguided horny bitch

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

There's no way on earth this bitch posted all her nonsense without any coordination with LHL, and without his clearance and consent. Otherwise, it risks becoming another Rahman Dalian's (Najib's Minister) fuck-up. (This chap essentially confirmed that Najib's wife received a US$27 diamond necklace from Jho Low, courtesy of the swindled 1MDB funds when his "noble" intent was to defend Najib from the US DOJ's actions.)

Apart from regurgitating what LHL had stated in his SD and tiresomely asking the same questions which have already been dealt with and answered by the siblings, she goes one step further and vomits out more nonsense and insinuations; all done in the striking tone and language used in first born's edited summary of his SD.

I won't be surprised if first born has nominated this bitch as his primary attack dog. She has legal training, is extremely ambitious, and is beholden to him for her 2012 promotion to SMOS. As her future promotions, political career and fate hangs on the decisions he will make, this corrupt cunt will continue to be beholden to him. I am prepared to bet that the nonsense she spouted and will continue to bark about, will have striking similarities to, if not
lifted directly from first born's unedited and complete SD.

First born continues to misuse and abuse government's resources (his MPs and Ministers) for his private troubles and battles. That he has not gone through the proper forum, the courts, to challenge his father's Will, amply demonstrates that this sneaky little bastard, this corrupt cunt (who is an SC and knows very well that this is a matter that should be dealt with by the Courts), as well as the other dogs and cocksuckers beholden to him who he is holding in reserve and which he will eventually unleash, know very well he wouldn't stand a hell of a chance of winning his case in court.

Only cowards get hatchet dogs or bitches to fight their war which in itselves is abuse of power

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now it is Lawrence Wong's direct report following up on Shan's direct report. Probably pressured him to do his part. Its still early but looks like there might be a division within the party as only Tharman spoke up who is not involved in the committee. This attempt appears half-hearted, more to please his boss that he did something, non confrontational and certainly not to address the voters. His comments did not touch on the house, the contentious issues from raised thus far from both parties. The national Aerated Water company site example is amusing. The company that bought the site did so for purely commercial reasons. He should state how much the state compensated the developer.

"Oh no - not another Minister on the Will Again!" but this one is "bringing the House back to Earth!"

Second Minister for National Development Desmond Lee told state media Straits Times today (June 26) that any legal-binding will can easily be override by the “rule of law”:

“The rule of law is something we cherish because we are fortunate to have it. It is about private rights versus the interest of the public. This process is how more than 7,100 buildings are conserved.”

[/I]

Last edited:

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Interesting; the rule of law does not respect the one who created it?
It does not respect a Prime Minister's father?
It does not respect a person who had devoted his life building the country?
If a rule of law can changed a person inside a polling station cannot be said to be within a radius of 200 metres of a polling station why it cannot be changed to uphold a dying wish of a patriot?

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pundek bitch is dishonestly trying to conflate two different terms, "draft" and "prepare" as being one and the same in an attempt to sow confusion and cast doubts. Here's a tip for this too clever by half bitch. Leave your "casting reasonable doubt" strategy where it's best used - in the courtroom.

But just in case this lawyer, an SC no less, is really unable to tell the difference between "draft" and "prepare", here is an explanation which hopefully, will shed a little light.

Let's say whilst surfing the net about "conservation" practices, she "accidentally" stumbles upon a black, 12-inched vibrating dildo with the name of "Black Mamba". She feels that familiar tingle in her Wingle, and is very keen on having Mamba as a new friend as all her current friends are severely worn out. But she is too embarrassed to order it herself or worse, have it delivered to her home address. She is also too embarrassed to talk face-to-face with her personal aide to ask for help. So what does she do? She drafts a mail and sends it out to this trusted aide, requesting her to buy Mamba as a "gift for a friend".

Mamba arrives a week later. The clever aide knows Mamba is most certainly not a "gift for a friend". The helpful aide prepares Mamba for use by first checking that Mamba's motor is in working order, especially in Mama's favourite turbo mode. Next she lubricates Mamba with industrial grease. She then places Mamba in a thermal box, sandwiched between four hot water bottles to keep it nice and warm. She then delivers Mamba to grateful Mama, all dressed in her sexiest lingerie as she readies Wingle to get intimately acquainted with Mamba.

So there you have it, the difference between "draft" and "prepare". "Draft" as in the letter to her aide similar to KKL's "drafting" of the Will. "Prepare" as in her aides' preparation of Mamba for her use, similar to Stamford Law's "preparation" - engrossment, printing, etc of the Will for LKY to sign. And finally, the signing by LKY to give effect to his Will, similar to her loving thrusts of Mamba to give effect to her Wingle.

4. Which Lawyer drafted the 7th Will?

So far no lawyer has owned to drafting the 7th Will.

In Lee Hsien Loong's summary he said that at the reading of the last Will:
"[Lee Suet Fern] volunteered that Mr Lee had asked her to prepare the Last Will but that she had not wanted to get personally involved and had therefore gotten [ Ng Joo Khin] from her law firm [ie Stamford Law] to handle the preparation of the Last Will"....[Ng Joo Khin did not dispute [Lee Suet Fern's] account that he had handled the preparation of the Last Will."

However, on 16 June 2017, Mr Lee Hsien Yang posted on FB that: "Stamford Law did not draft any will for LKY. The will was drafted by Kwa Kim Li of Lee and Lee."

That same night Ms Kwa Kim Lee informed the media that she did not draft the 7th Will.

In a further FB post Mr Lee Hsien Yang said that: "Lee Kuan Yew's final will of December 2013 was engrossed on the basis of Lee Kuan Yew's express instruction to revert to his first will from 2011. On the basis of this instruction we took what we understood to be the final version of the 2011 will, without realising that a gift over clause had been in the executed version of the 2011 will."

Mr Lee Hsien Yang has not identified who the "we" referred to in the second post is.

If the lawyer referred to in "we" is Mrs Lee Suet Fern, then certain questions will arise. Under our law, the lawyer drafting a will is required to be independent. If the lawyer has an interest in the will, the lawyer must make sure the person making the will gets independent advice.

In the 7th Will, Dr Lee Wei Ling's extra share was reduced and the 3 children were given equal shares i.e. Mr Lee Hsien Yang's share increased. As Mrs Lee Suet Fern is his wife, if she prepared the 7th Will then the question which will arise is what independent advice MM received?

If "we" does not refer to any lawyer, then it remains a mystery which lawyer drafted or prepared the 7th Will.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

imho, the bulk of papigs support come from chinese paper readers. the evening papers have stop reporting on the familee feud after putting govt view across. i doubt the bulk of them give a flying fuck about pinkie abuse of power. :rolleyes:

with the allegations of lies from both sides limiting to the web, the bulk of the citizenry are losing interest. pinkie PR team damage limiting plan maybe working.