• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is wrong on so many levels. Shan is a lawyer and Fern is a lawyer. Have these 2 not heard of the word confidentiality? If Fern is representing Ling on this matter, which she appears to be, and if Shan is also representing Gay Loong in a semi official capacity, then any correspondence between lawyers and their clients must be privileged and confidential. Shan cannot be so stupid as to release this set of emails, which shows the gross disregard for confidentiality and I cannot believe Fern did not call him out on this. Ling should have done it too.

Ling n Fern thot Neh is more trustworthy than black mamba or any snake specie....

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• lau goh.JPG
    lau goh.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 1,185

decent02

Alfrescian
Loyal
This incident tells me that we have a PM who is not very smart. .
This PeeM has IQ but no EQ. Furthermore he's a Maths major. Mathematicians are generally not smart people. Under this gong dai, our government has became reactive rather than proactive in policies making. Ban Liquor in Geylang and Little India after the riot and put the blame on alcohol...my goodness. Start looking to implement laws after those PMD knocked and injured people. Never plan for infrastructure when population white paper has been designed by them years ahead of public announcement. Now those rental bikes are lying all over my estate. FT those Ah Tiong queuing at checkout lane of NTUC supermarket that is reserved for pioneer generation; the fucking problem is these ah tiong does not understand the English word Pioneer. Rojak should be rightfully be our national dish.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone realize that by shifting the issue by 20-30 years, the judiciary will no longer be able to take action on past actions exceeded reasonable time on breach of parliamentary false declarations n most of the witness / accessories to the crime would hv died

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans can now breathe a sign of relief that the saga has finally reached a close.

The siblings have decided to settle this in private.

I am sure the matter can be settled if each of them learn to give in a bit for the sake of the family.

Just think of it ... If a small family matter cannot be settled, how can one resolve national and international issues that are even more complicated ?

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans can now breathe a sign of relief that the saga has finally reached a close.

The siblings have decided to settle this in private.

I am sure the matter can be settled if each of them learn to give in a bit for the sake of the family.

Just think of it ... If a small family matter cannot be settled, how can one resolve national and international issues that are even more complicated ?

Only now? The air is clear since Monday! You must be stuck up somebody's arse to not smell it earlier.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only now? The air is clear since Monday! You must be stuck up somebody's arse to not smell it earlier.

Relax bro... the matter is not settled until it is settled. Until you see all three siblings come up together holding hands, smiling and jointly make a statement on the status of Oxley Road , you ain't hear nothing yet.

For now, it is a truce. The matter is in private discussion.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.theindependent.sg/the-lees-is-there-a-ceasefire/

The Lees: Is there a ceasefire?
July 9, 20174785

The younger Lee siblings have declared a unilateral ceasefire, provided that “we or our father’s wish are not attacked or misrepresented”. I think not that many Singaporeans are holding their breath that the calm will hold. The ceasefire comes with the sting of even more jibes at Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. He has welcomed the ceasefire but not before making some small jibes himself.

But before we get into all that, I want to digress to an interesting exchange in Parliament between Low Thia Khiang and Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong – and point out its relevance to the Lee family squabble.

The Workers Party chairman and MP for Aljunied GRC said his party has given PM Lee the benefit of the doubt on allegations of abuse of power made by Lee Hsien Yang and Lee Wei Ling against their elder brother. The PM has said they were baseless. Declaring that the WP was keeping an open mind, Low said “personally I will not be convinced until the entire allegation is given a convincing or conclusive airing”.

All that was fair and square exchange – until Low hit nearer home and implied that there were double standards here. He said that when he was PM, Goh Chok Tong sued WP politician Tang Liang Hong in 1997: “Does this also show that blood is thicker than water? Own sibling cannot sue…but political opponents, sue until your pants drop?”

Goh immediately replied that Low was indulging in “political sophistry” and that Tang was not his brother anyway. The ex-PM suing Tang then had arguably not caused as much distress as if PM Lee now sues his siblings.

As I understand the phrase, political sophistry means using clever political arguments that sound convincing but are in fact false or potentially false.

Oh dear.

If we dive deeper into all the allegations that have been floated and supposedly dispelled, all the potential political sophistry on either side of the House – and I am referring to Parliament and not necessarily 38 Oxley Road – can get a bit muddling and muddying.

To his credit, PM Lee did not shy away from trying to answer the main allegations – about the setting up of the ministerial committee, the deed of gift and nepotism. He confronted them squarely, as much as he could in the absence of his accusers in Parliament.

The third allegation may well be the sticky and tricky one. The younger Lee siblings have made allegations of nepotism – of the influence of Ho Ching and the dynastic ambitions of their elder brother. But Li Hongyi, PM Lee’s son, has already denied any interest in politics. So that was promptly dealt with.

Still, in the eyes of many Singaporeans, the role of PM Lee’s wife in Temasek Holdings requires more scrutiny and reassurance than that attempted by Lee Hsien Loong in Parliament. His clarification of what Ho Ching could or could not do as CEO appeared fairly innocuous, with the corporate protocol properly defined and, on surface, unchallengeable. In brief, PM Lee said his wife reports to Lim Boon Heng, the Chairman. As a company, Temasek Holdings answers to its shareholder, the Ministry of Finance under Heng Swee Keat, the Finance Minister. PM Lee emphasised that the CEO appointment is made by the Temasek Board and has to be confirmed by the President, who is advised by the Council of Presidential Advisers.

There is absolutely no reason to doubt the ability or integrity of Ho Ching whose job of looking after and investing the sovereign funds of Singapore is not exactly an easy one nor something that many people can do. The only problem is that she is the wife of the Prime Minister and also the daughter-in-law of the redoubtable founding father of independent Singapore. That carries a clout which may be difficult to ignore. And we will leave it at that.

And so we should fully understand the emotions of Lee Hsien Yang and Lee Wei Ling when they publicly revealed their worry about the power held by their elder brother and his family.

Meanwhile, PM Lee has already replied to his siblings’ ceasefire offer: “I note my siblings’ latest public statement. I share their wish not to carry on the dispute in public and to manage the disagreement in private. That is exactly what I have been trying to do….My siblings wanted me to call off my Ministerial Statement and the debate in Parliament, disband the Ministerial Committee, and not respond to their accusations. I could not agree to do any of that. It would have been improper and irresponsible.”

The younger Lee siblings’ latest decision not to present any more evidence on social media, nevertheless, came with very strong words about their brother: “Government agencies intervened in the middle of the night to find excuses for the Prime Minister and Ho Ching….LHL wears two faces. In public, he presents himself as an honourable son, seeking harmony in the family. In private, he uses his official powers and his subordinates to undermine Lee Kuan Yew’s wishes and attack those who speak up.”

This does not sound like a permanent ceasefire.

Sense And Nonsense is a weekly series. Tan Bah Bah is a former senior leader writer with The Straits Times. He was also managing editor of a local magazine publishing company

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Political sophistry by bland and wooden GCT was not an off the cuff remark but something prepared in advanced for insulting the opposition unlike highfalutin as used by a master of the English language.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Still, this has got to be one of the longest thread in sbf.

Does it really matter if the thread is long or short of the destination and outcome is the same.

You can take a very long winded drive from one spot to nowhere and a very fast drive to nowhere and you still end up nowhere.