• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her father coached Lee Wei Ling for her A level econos paper. Can be ruthless in business and not shy to spell out her connections from the very start. This one is career woman thru and thru. Has tendency to work closely with a small team rather than their firm. Her younger sister the broadcast journalist with the potato in her mouth irks me to no end with her half backed scandanavian ascent. She was handling Temasek brief before HC came on board from ST. Speaks perfect Malay even though not Pernakan and for some reason never states that in her CV.

Her eldest is the brightest in the clan by a long shot.

Can either Paps or Scrooby give a brief rundown on LSF….the way you dissect her husband in the officer's mess?

I can see that she is partial to hair dye.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.theindependent.sg/it-is-inarguable-that-lky-wanted-his-house-to-be-demolished/

It is inarguable that LKY wanted his house to be demolished
June 26, 20171358

By: Raist Arithon

There have been recent PAP efforts to cast doubt on what was LKY’s true intention regarding his house at 38 Oxley Road. They have also tried to dispute whether LKY truly knew what he was signing when he signed his Final Will on 17 Dec 2013.

I strongly believe that these efforts are both desperate and disingenuous. (I fully recognise that LKY’s wishes are, strictly speaking, unrelated to whether the Government has a right to preserve the house. However, the fact is that convincing Singaporeans that LKY may have been open to his house being demolished is key, for political reasons. They can’t be seen to be so explicitly going against LKY’s wishes after all).

I am moved to write this note partly because I have intelligent and well-educated friends who are being hoodwinked. There is no doubt in my mind (and I say this with the utmost objectivity) that LKY definitely wanted his house to be demolished. We can have a discussion on whether his house should be preserved (for various reasons such as heritage etc) notwithstanding his wishes, but what his wishes actually were is inarguable.

1. The Final Will was executed on 17 Dec 2013. This is a full 21 months before LKY passed away. There was no suggestion that he did not have full command of his faculties at the time. LKY was also serving as an MP at the time.

2. LHL and others have brought up the fact that it took “just 15 minutes” for the entire signing of the will and that therefore LKY may not have been properly advised. The will is a mere 4 pages long, and was something LKY was familiar with. LKY’s assistant was present throughout the signing, according to the meeting notes of the lawyers/witnesses.

3. As LHL also pointed out, I find it bordering on the ridiculous to suggest that LKY (!!!), a cambridge-trained lawyer, had to be advised on the contents of his will, which he signed on every page and also initialed right below the demolition clause.

4. LHL quoted an email dated 16 Dec 2013 from LKY stating “OK. Do not wait for Kim Li. Engross and I will sign it before a solicitor in Fern’s office, or from any other office”. This is one day before he actually signed the Final Will. It appears to me that LKY knew exactly what he was doing. It would also not be a leap to assume that he was replying to an email containing the final draft of the will since he uses the word “engross”, which lawyers often use when okaying a draft.

5. When the final draft had been executed, it was given to Kwa Kim Li for safekeeping. Kwa is a very senior lawyer and managing partner of Lee & Lee. It would not a be a stretch to assume that she would have at the very least glanced through the Final Will and perhaps confirmed verbally with LKY that he really knew what he was doing, especially if she had any suspicion that LKY was not in full command of his faculties.

Now let’s also look at the surrounding circumstances:

a. LKY himself said publicly several times that he wanted the house to be demolished upon his death.

b. LHL himself acknowledged in a private email dated 12 April 2015 timed at 7.02 pm (this would have been after the Final Will had been read to the family on the same day) that LKY’s position “has been consistent throughout. Even his note to [Cabinet] did not say that he wanted it preserved, only what has to be done if it is not to be demolished”.

c. LHL also acknowledge publicly on 13 April 2015 that “Mr Lee’s position on 38 Oxley Road was unwavering over the years, and fully consistent with his lifelong values”.

Both (b) and (c) took place way after the Final Will had been signed and also after the Final Will was read to the family on 12 April 2015. If he truly had suspicions, why did LHL not suggest at the time that LKY did not want the house to be demolished?

Why is the PAP now trying so hard to convince Singaporeans that LKY might not have really wanted his house demolished? The only reason I can think of is that they need popular support to demolish the house without losing too much political capital. Any other suggestions?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
"
Why is the PAP now trying so hard to convince Singaporeans that LKY might not have really wanted his house demolished? The only reason I can think of is that they need popular support to demolish the house without losing too much political capital. Any other suggestions ? "

Have you check who bought up all the surrounding properties in anticipation...?

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Robert Kuok.

No, LHY is not meeting Robert nor Ka Sing, but President Xi invites Yang to meet up with him in HK. Read full report here:

2285278_0.jpg

CNN & ABC Breaking Fake News:

Sissy Loong has offered to make peace unconditionally with Hsien Yang after Sissy learned that HY has gone to HK to meet up with President Xi.

laughing-monkey.gif

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her father coached Lee Wei Ling for her A level econos paper. Can be ruthless in business and not shy to spell out her connections from the very start. This one is career woman thru and thru. Has tendency to work closely with a small team rather than their firm. Her younger sister the broadcast journalist with the potato in her mouth irks me to no end with her half backed scandanavian ascent. She was handling Temasek brief before HC came on board from ST. Speaks perfect Malay even though not Pernakan and for some reason never states that in her CV.

Her eldest is the brightest in the clan by a long shot.

good stuff…the ruthless bit….comes across in her emails as all sweet and demure.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The initial approach was to rebut the claims from the siblings and allege misconduct and conspiracy by LSF and her staff in regard to the will. Now that the will appears to be the same except for the re-insertation of the demolition clause in the main plus the counter-rebutals by the siblings to each and every counter-claim, they decided to work on the people and their imagination instead.

Note that it started with the Govt taking the position that it was a family feud. It now has evolved into what Old Man wanted in the end for the house of his. Also thought it was interesting that Teo Chee Hean actually stated what he wanted to do with house - keep it but not allow the public to walk thru it. Again clever use of semantics by stating the old man and wife did not want people walking thru it. Teo and the PAP are selective in choosing the thing that Old man said or did not say. Indranee is doing the same.

"
Why is the PAP now trying so hard to convince Singaporeans that LKY might not have really wanted his house demolished? The only reason I can think of is that they need popular support to demolish the house without losing too much political capital. Any other suggestions ? "

Have you check who bought up all the surrounding properties in anticipation...?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are some confusion what Indranee wrote that led to the backlash. Reproduced for easy reference. She actually posted 2 sets of comments on her FB, on consecutive days. By the second day her approach went into prosecutorial mode. Probably the result of the first backlash and feeling defensive. Makes for heavy reading though.

1st post.

Indranee Rajah
June 23 at 1:00pm ·
4 Things You Should Know about the Oxley Dispute

As Singaporeans we are all saddened by the Oxley dispute. I am particularly saddened because I looked after MM’s constituency in his final years and got to see at close quarters what a great man he was. I know how much this would have grieved MM and Mrs Lee.
People have expressed confusion about the things which have been said. Many are trying to make sense of it all.
The key to understanding this matter is first to get a handle on the issues and some important facts.

Here are 4 things you should know about the Oxley dispute.

1. What does the 7th Will actually say?
Serious questions have been raised as to how Mr Lee Kuan Yew's 7th Will was prepared.
However, leaving those aside for the moment, and taking the 7th Will at face value, what does it actually say about 38 Oxley Road?
The relevant part is in paragraph 7 of the Will. It was read out by the Prime Minister in Parliament on 13 April 2015, and this is what it says:
"I further declare that it is my wish and the wish of my late Wife, KWA GEOK CHOO, that our house at 38 Oxley Road, Singapore 238629 ("the House") be demolished immediately after my death, or if my daughter Wei Ling, would prefer to continue living in the original house, immediately after she moves out of the House. I would ask each of my children to ensure our wishes with respect to the demolition of the House be carried out.
If our children are unable to demolish the House as a result of any changes in the laws, rules or regulations binding them, it is my wish that the House never be opened to others except my children, their families and descendants.
My view on this has been made public before and remains unchanged. My statement of wishes in this paragraph 7 may be publicly disclosed notwithstanding that the rest of my Will is private."

Therefore, even based on the 7th Will, several things are immediately clear:
- Demolition was not the only option contemplated by Mr Lee Kuan Yew;
- there are two parts to the clause. The part first expresses his and Mrs Lee's wish, which was for demolition;
- however, the second part recognises that the house may not be demolished for a number of reasons. Mr Lee accepted that the house may not be demolished and in such case expressed his wishes on what should happen. Essentially he did not want the House to be open to the public.
Much of the recent public discussion on this issue has been premised on the assumption that the 7th Will only contemplates one outcome - demolition. But this is not the case.

The Will specifically accepts and acknowledges that demolition may not take place.

2. Why does the government need to be involved in what happens to 38 Oxley Road?
Isn't this a purely private matter?

Mr Lee Kuan Yew's estate and who inherits what is a private matter, but what is to be done with 38 Oxley Road is not purely a private matter.
38 Oxley Road is closely bound up with the history of Singapore. It is the site where our founding fathers first came together and set Singapore on the path to its future destiny. It is where important and historical decisions were made that led to internal self-government, merger and eventually independence. The strategies to outflank the communists were developed there. It is where the People's Action Party was formed.

People will recall that after Mr Lee's passing and before this dispute was made public, there were many calls to turn 38 Oxley Road into a museum or memorial.

At the Parliamentary session of 13 April 2015 the Prime Minister also recounted how when Mr Lee mentioned demolition in his book Hard Truths there was a public reaction as some people wanted the house preserved.
Why is this so? It is because Singaporeans understand the historical significance of the site. 38 Oxley Road is not just any old piece of property. It is intertwined with the history of the nation.

For this reason, what happens to 38 Oxley Road is not purely a private family matter. It is a also a matter of public interest.
This is also reflected in the fact that para 7 of the Will provides for public disclosure.
Because it is a matter of public interest, the government has to be involved. As DPM Teo has explained, the government has a duty to take a view from the public interest, historical and heritage perspective while taking very seriously into account the wishes expressed by Mr Lee in paragraph 7 of his Will.
3. What is PM's involvement in government deliberations on 38 Oxley Road?

None.

He has taken himself out of the equation.

Lee Hsien Loong is the eldest son of Mr Lee Kuan Yew. But he is also our Prime Minister.
As a son he would like to see his parents' wishes carried out. He stated this in Parliament on 13 April 2015.
However, as Prime Minister he would have to consider whether it is in the wider public interest to demolish the House given its historical significance. The answer to this may be different from his parents or his own personal wishes. It is a very difficult dilemma for him.
For this reason, the Prime Minister has recused himself from taking part in any government consideration or decisions regarding 38 Oxley Road.
At the same time, the government cannot avoid considering the matter.

Hence DPM Teo set up the Ministerial Committee to consider issues in connection with 38 Oxley Road. Like any other Ministerial Committee, it reports to the Cabinet, except that in this matter it is Cabinet minus PM for the reason stated above.

4. Can we demolish the House now?
No, because Dr Lee Wei Ling is still living there. Mr Lee's wish as expressed in the 7th Will is that the house should not be demolished so long as Dr Lee is still living there.

The government has said that it will not do anything to the House while Dr Lee is still living there.
Mr Lee Hsien Yang has said that: "My sister is living there and has every intention to live a long life."
There is therefore no need to make a decision on demolition now. It may be decades before a definite decision needs to be taken. The Cabinet at that time will have to make the decision. Most of the current Cabinet Ministers are unlikely to be in Cabinet then.

2nd Post.

Indranee Rajah
June 24 at 6:06pm ·

4 Further Things You Should Know About the Oxley Dispute

As I explained yesterday, the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew did not simply insist his house be demolished once he was gone.
First, he said his daughter Dr Lee Wei Ling should be allowed to live in the house for as long as she wished. This means that the question of demolition may not arise for many more years.

Second, the late Mr Lee provided for the possibility of the government deciding to preserve the house, in which case he asked that the house not be opened to others except his descendants.

Today, I would like to look at the last Will - or the "7th Will". How did it come to be? Why is this in contention and what are the issues?

1. How many Wills did Mr Lee make and what's the difference between them?

Mr Lee made 7 Wills.
- 1st Will - this had a Demolition Clause. Each child got an equal share of the estate.
- 2nd - 4th Wills - these had the Demolition Clause.
- 5th Will - Demolition Clause was removed.
- 6th Will - No Demolition Clause. Dr Lee Wei Ling was given an extra share of the estate relative to her brothers.
- 7th Will - Demolition Clause reinserted. The extra share for Dr Lee Wei Ling removed. It reverted back to equal shares for each child.
The first 6 will were prepared by Ms Kwa Kim Li of M/S Lee & Lee.
2. What concerns have been raised about the 7th Will?

The concerns raised about the 7th Will can be found in the summary of Lee Hsien Loong's Statutory Declarations. Essentially, they relate to whether the reinsertion of the Demolition Clause was brought to Mr Lee Kuan Yew's attention and whether he was given sufficient time to review the Will.

They can be summarised as follows:

- at 7.08 pm on 16 Dec 2013, Mrs Lee Suet Fern sent an email to the late Mr Lee copied to Lee Hsien Yang and Kwa Kim Li attaching a draft Will. The cover email says:
"Dear Papa
This was the original agreed Will which ensures that all 3 children receive equal shares, taking into account the relative valuations ( as at the date of demise) of the properties each receives.
Kim Li
Grateful if you could please engross."

No mention is made of the Demolition Clause.

- 23 minutes later at 7.31 pm, Lee Hsien Yang said he could not get in touch with Kwa Kim Li and that it was not wise to wait till she was back. Lee Suet Fern would send a lawyer from her firm with an engrossed will for signing. Kwa Kim Li was dropped from the email circulation list.

- at 8.12 pm, before any reply from Mr Lee was received, Lee Suet Fern emailed MM's PA that Mr Bernard Lui, the one of the Lawyers from her firm, Stamford Law Corporation, had the will ready for execution. The will seems to have been prepared in 41 minutes.

- at 9.42 pm, the Mr Lee replied that since Lee Hsien Yang said he could not contact Kwa Kim Li he agreed not to wait and would sign the new will.
- the next day on 17 Dec at 11.05 am 2 lawyers from Stamford Law arrived at 38 Oxley Road. They stayed for 15 minutes, logging out at 11.20 am - this presumably would include the time it would take too get from the guardhouse to Mr Lee's room in the house and back. Mr Lee Hsien Yang in his FB post says that the Will was signed at 11.10 am. Assuming it took 5 minutes to get from the gate to Mr Lee's room, and another 5 minutes to get back to the gate, this would mean Mr Lee had only 5 minutes to read and sign the 7th Will.

So the questions are:
- did he have enough time to read through and absorb the contents of the 7th Will?
- could he have done so in just 5 minutes?
- was he aware that the Demolition Clause had been reinserted? The emails of the previous day did not mention the Demolition Clause.

3. Why is this relevant from a government perspective?

As DPM Teo has explained, the Ministerial Committee wants to understand what Mr Lee Kuan Yew's thinking on the House was. This includes considering what Mr Lee said about the House in his will.

The Demolition Clause was in the 1st - 4th Wills. It was removed in the 5th and 6th Will. So Mr Lee had changed his mind once.

The question is whether he changed it a second time?
Or whether the Demolition Clause was inserted without his awareness?

The interest of the Ministerial Committee in the Will is confined to trying to understand his thinking on the House

4. Which Lawyer drafted the 7th Will?
So far no lawyer has owned to drafting the 7th Will.

In Lee Hsien Loong's summary he said that at the reading of the last Will:
"[Lee Suet Fern] volunteered that Mr Lee had asked her to prepare the Last Will but that she had not wanted to get personally involved and had therefore gotten [ Ng Joo Khin] from her law firm [ie Stamford Law] to handle the preparation of the Last Will"....[Ng Joo Khin did not dispute [Lee Suet Fern's] account that he had handled the preparation of the Last Will."

However, on 16 June 2017, Mr Lee Hsien Yang posted on FB that: "Stamford Law did not draft any will for LKY. The will was drafted by Kwa Kim Li of Lee and Lee."

That same night Ms Kwa Kim Lee informed the media that she did not draft the 7th Will.

In a further FB post Mr Lee Hsien Yang said that: "Lee Kuan Yew's final will of December 2013 was engrossed on the basis of Lee Kuan Yew's express instruction to revert to his first will from 2011. On the basis of this instruction we took what we understood to be the final version of the 2011 will, without realising that a gift over clause had been in the executed version of the 2011 will."

Mr Lee Hsien Yang has not identified who the "we" referred to in the second post is.

If the lawyer referred to in "we" is Mrs Lee Suet Fern, then certain questions will arise. Under our law, the lawyer drafting a will is required to be independent. If the lawyer has an interest in the will, the lawyer must make sure the person making the will gets independent advice.

In the 7th Will, Dr Lee Wei Ling's extra share was reduced and the 3 children were given equal shares i.e. Mr Lee Hsien Yang's share increased. As Mrs Lee Suet Fern is his wife, if she prepared the 7th Will then the question which will arise is what independent advice MM received?

If "we" does not refer to any lawyer, then it remains a mystery which lawyer drafted or prepared the 7th Will.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People should go and know the man LKY.

What he wants to do with his house and what his values are.

[video=youtube;ePW4kTiGffY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePW4kTiGffY[/video]

Last edited:

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder if Yang will be sneaking out of his hotel in the evenings to visit Fuji building on Lockhart.

Yang is not so gong, the doggie teams with telescopic cameras of the free medias there will be watching them like a prey. I believe they got the wind from monitoring this forum or another local forum.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are some confusion what Indranee wrote that led to the backlash. Reproduced for easy reference. She actually posted 2 sets of comments on her FB, on consecutive days. By the second day her approach went into prosecutorial mode. Probably the result of the first backlash and feeling defensive. Makes for heavy reading though.

1st post.

2nd Post.

The language of the 2nd post is in stark contrast to the 1st. The 1st post has the tone they take to communicate to the hdb dumbfucks about issues like cpf, how to prevent dengue….the only thing missing was cartoon illustrations.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is a genuinely nice guy. can't say the same for his wife. I remember on the first occasion I met him, I would stumble into 46 SAR Officer Mess after a long day out in the field, covered in sweat and Area D dirt, still in my tank overalls. I was not from his unit at that time. Imagine my shock and dismay when I walked into the nice cool aircon mess, and saw the one crab there with his porlumpar entourage. I was thinking KNN, now must salute him and his whole entourage and then watch myself in there. Instantly regretted walking in. I greeted him, and he read the name on my overall and simply call me by my last name and told me to go get a beer on him. HAhahahahha. Instantly put me at ease. After that, if he was in the mess same time as me, I never bought a beer. Genuine nice guy, into outdoor and fitness. I recall he once disobeyed his parents, and went for jump school on the secret and took a jump to get his wings. His parents didn't find out until later. I am sure CO Commandoes got shit. LOL. Hsien Loong don't have the balls to jump out of a perfectly good plane.

Was the OC of Parachute School, my buddy (and instructor at OCS), the one and only champion skydiver (US Ranger and Pathfinder), [hentakaki] CPT Neo Keng Kok?
Neo Keng Kok, is unlike any other Commando Officer.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oldman wasn't looking for beauty, but DNA test was to ensure that future PM's wife does not produce another albino baby.

Oldman's first utterance to 1st wife at the maternity ward was "I'm terribly disappointed & you've let me down."

The day after she returned home to Grangeford, she took her life at 3.30 pm.

SALUTE. You have such detailed info.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pundek's forked tongue hard at work about "buildings" and "monuments"...

"History judges men by their legacies. What is Mr Lee's legacy? It is not in buildings or monuments. His is not a legacy of brick or stone. His is a legacy of life and breath..." Indranee Rajah, Special Parliamentary Sitting [Tribute to LKY], 26 March 2015

Last edited:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
“His journey has ended. He is now at rest. Rest well, Mr Lee. And know that because of what you have done, Singapore and the Singapore spirit live on and will prosper.” Indranee Rajah, Special Parliamentary Sitting [Tribute to LKY], 26 March 2015

Eh pundek bitch, how is he to "rest well" when you are now working actively with his first born to fuck and stab him in the back by working to deny him his wish?

This fucked up behaviour after all the free rides he gave you on his coattail so that you can sail into Parliament?

What a despicable, ungrateful treacherous backstabbing fucking bitch of a cunt.

Last edited: