• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

Goldcheekon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think it is money, land or wealth. 38 is the seat of the emperor's throne and carries immense value for his successor and his offsprings. I believe Cluny is more valuable than 38.

The word intrigue is an understatement.

Agree. Whoever gets 38 gets the power and the kingdom of Singapore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rented to Ang Moh all these years. Mother accumulated properties. Youngest son managed the entire family estate in the last 20 years or so except PM and Ho Ching.

Never know about the Cluny thing until this saga, wonder now have any more.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Rented to Ang Moh all these years. Mother accumulated properties. Youngest son managed the entire family estate in the last 20 years or so except PM and Ho Ching.

Imagine your landlord is the most powerful family in the kingdom. Quite scary actually don't you think. Anytime can evict you no questions asked. Take your deposit.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As it stands now, the committee is the equivalent of Enron's infamous special purpose entities (SPEs) or vehicles using or more likely abusing the GAAP framework for nefarious reasons. It will interesting to know who besides Lawrence Wong and Teo are in it.

I think the committee should now realise that they have been thoroughly used and it has nothing to do with the country or the Government. The question is who conceived it - the hubby or the wife. My bet is on the letter.

latter, not letter (as in correspondence)
typo, young man?

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder if this can be construed as putting pressure on LKY

I am sure it's a no since putting pressure does not equate to succumbing involuntarily to the placed pressure.

Though 88/89, he continued to be active (for an old man), fully lucid and in control of his faculties in 2012. In this same 2012 year where he made amendments to his will, he was able to meet up with people like Robert Zoellick, World Bank President, Yerlan BK, Kazakhstan's Ambassador (to receive award), Hillary Clinton (then US Secretary of State), Ali Babacan, Turkey's DPM, etc.

It will be difficult to convince anyone that he was susceptible and would easily succumb to pressure when he was able to meet with these world personalities, hold his own and talk to them.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think it is money, land or wealth. 38 is the seat of the emperor's throne and carries immense value for his successor and his offsprings. I believe Cluny is more valuable than 38.

The word intrigue is an understatement.

38 Cluny Road is a good size lot,
and very central

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
No mention at all. Singapore is such a small country. Only if say Singapore got nuked or went into financial collapse then I think CBC will report it. This type of soap opera family quarrel not on their radar.

Siblings accuse Singapore PM of using his power against them

Annabelle Liang
14 June 2017
The Canadian Press

SINGAPORE — A tussle among the children of late Singapore founder Lee Kuan Yew escalated Wednesday when two of them accused their prime minister brother of using "the organs of state" against them and grooming his son to take up a political role in the tightly controlled city-state.

Business executive Lee Hsien Yang, the brother of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, said the situation compelled him to leave Singapore "for the foreseeable future." He and his sister, well-known neurosurgeon Dr. Lee Wei Ling, said in a statement that "we feel big brother omnipresent."

The feud offers a rare glimpse into cracks in the prominent family after the death of Lee Kuan Yew, who led Singapore with an iron grip for more than three decades and is credited with transforming the resource poor island into a wealthy bustling financial hub with low crime and almost zero corruption.

Such grave accusations directed at a leading official are extremely rare in Singapore. Since taking power in 2004, Lee Hsien Loong has sued critics for defamation and won.

Lee Kuan Yew died a widower in 2015. Much of the family feud is centred on his will directing to have his house demolished instead of being turned into a museum or heritage site.

All three children, including the prime minister, have publicly supported this. But now Lee's two siblings accused him of privately working against their father's will to "enhance his political capital." They said he lobbied a government committee in hopes of preserving the property, built on prime land, in order to "inherit the faith Singaporeans had in Lee Kuan Yew through the visible symbol of the house."

There has been a "misuse of his position and influence over the Singapore government and its agencies to drive his personal agenda," the statement said. "His popularity is inextricably linked to Lee Kuan Yew's legacy. His political power is drawn from his being Lee Kuan Yew's son."

"We do not trust Hsien Loong as a brother or as a leader. We have lost confidence in him," the statement added. "We fear the use of the organs of state against us and Hsien Yang's wife, Suet Fern."

Lee Hsien Loong, who is currently away on holiday, denied the allegations. "I am very disappointed that my siblings have chosen to issue a statement publicizing private family matters. My siblings' statement has hurt our father's legacy," he said in a Facebook post.

"I will do my utmost to continue to do right by my parents. At the same time, I will continue serving Singaporeans honestly and to the best of my ability," Lee added. He plans to "consider this matter further" after the trip.

He also denied the siblings' claim that he and his wife, Ho Ching, the CEO of the state-owned investor Temasek Holdings, "harbour political ambitions" for their son, Li Hongyi. He said the allegations were "absurd."

A self-proclaimed authoritarian, Lee Kuan Yew was Singapore's first prime minister from 1959 to 1990. He commanded immense respect for turning Singapore into a success story, but also commanded fear. He jailed some political rivals without trial for decades and brought defamation lawsuits against journalists and opposition politicians, which had a chilling effect on dissent.

Last April, Lee Hsien Loong and his sister disagreed over the host of public programs held to commemorate their father's death. While Lee felt that the events were "generally appropriate," his sister called it "hero-worship" and said that it was something her father stood against.

The Canadian Press

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a liar, this dr nay. Canadian press covering allegations about abuse of power by Singapore PM. How not to hit international headlines you tell me?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Thanks PTADER. I don't read the Canadian Press. Usually just CBC news and Global. So far no mention about this on either of those 2 news organizations.

By the way Dr Lee Wei Ling is a neurologist and is not a neurosurgeon. So the Canadian Press got that wrong.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
What a liar, this dr nay. Canadian press covering allegations about abuse of power by Singapore PM. How not to hit international headlines you tell me?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world

you go check for yourself lah. No mention of it on CBC which is the main federal news organization for Canada.

Charlie99, have you seen the Lee story on any Toronto news sites?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world

you go check for yourself lah. No mention of it on CBC which is the main federal news organization for Canada.

Charlie99, have you seen the Lee story on any Toronto news sites?

most viral news right now in canada is erendira wallenda hanging on a rope by her teeth over niagara falls.

IMG_0168.JPG

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
most viral news right now in canada is erendira wallenda hanging on a rope by her teeth over niagara falls.

View attachment 30724

Yup. Only sinkies would think that big news in Singapore would be reported all around the world as BIG NEWS. Nobody gives a shit about Singapore.

I care more about Singapore than the rest of the world. That says it all man.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
DISHONEST ALLEGATIONS OF CHEATING
Hsien Loong and Ho Ching are being mischievious and dishonest to selectively use quotes from me out of context to suggest that Hsien Yang and his wife were trying to cheat me in our father’s final will. In fact, Lee Kuan Yew’s final will was very important to me as it gave me a clear right to live in the original house at 38 Oxley Road which I very much wanted. I had much earlier and repeatedly made clear to Hsien Loong and Ho Ching the truth that there was no duplicity by Hsien Yang and his wife, Suet Fern. He continues to repeat a position that I have both clarified and discredited as a smokescreen to obscure the key point that Lee Kuan Yew’s his final will of 17 December 2013 is in the same terms as his will of 19 August 2011, including the demolition clause, exactly as our father had intended.
After that will of 19 August 2011, Hsien Loong and Ho Ching were unhappy that I had been given a right to live at the original house at 38 Oxley Road. They pushed and persuaded my father very hard on this issue. This eventually resulted in 2012 in my losing my right to stay in the house and my share of my father’s estate being reduced to only a life interest. I was very upset and quarrelled with my father. It was in fact my sister-in-law, Suet Fern, who interceded with my father (when Ho Ching and Hsien Loong were overseas) on my behalf. She met with Lee Kuan Yew and made a case that since I was his only daughter and was unmarried, it was particularly important that he provide for me rather than reduce my interest in his estate. My father did reinstate me and gave me an extra 1/7 share as a result. Hsien Yang and his wife were never informed of this extra share and continued to worry that I should be fairly treated and have a right to live in the house.
I, too, was concerned about my right to live at 38 Oxley Road. Lee Kuan Yew’s final will of 17 December 2013 gave me that right. It is this that Ho Ching and Hsien Loong are trying to deny me.

LWL keeps changing her post.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
LKY should have had 38 Oxley Road demolished while he was still alive. Then all this would not be a problem.

After all he had Cluny to live at. And his wife had already passed away before him so to say that keeping Oxley was for his wife to get treatment due to proximity to SGH would have no longer been valid after Oct 2 2010.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
This is 69 times more dangerous than the most dangerous thing I have ever done in my life.

Can you give some examples of the dangerous things that you have done in your life that are 69 times less dangerous than the above?

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can you give some examples of the dangerous things that you have done in your life that are 69 times less dangerous than the above?

Hanging around this forum and opening myself to being 69ed by the more aggressive guys here ....thats one example.