• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somehow, with all these Yang's email leaks, it gives me the impression that Loong was indeed busy with "fixing" LKY, his siblings, Fern etc, rather than coming out with policies to revive Sg economy and sinkies... $2m a year salary plus bonus to do all these shit and taxpayers have to pay him. Wtf!

That why he need all the deputies and those ministers in PMO. Without these people, LHL wont get any work done!

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Email was addressed to HC. A fourth cc recipient was blanked out. Who was this person?And why?
It's an interesting email.

The subject title is "Architect". So this email had to do with building/development.

The first word is "yes" and there is the word "rebuilding" in the next para. Maybe "yes" was the answer to the question "do you agree to rebuild?"

The first cc is to lhl followed by a blank then lwl and lhy. Generally, we cc according to individuals in order of ranking or concern to the matter. In this case it appears that the order is based on "concern". I guess the blank has to be LSF since the other individuals are all family members. If the guess is correct, probably rebuilding was first brought up by LSF. Blanking would suggest HY's desire to leave her out of this current squabble.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's an interesting email.

The subject title is "Architect". So this email had to do with building/development.

The first word is "yes" and there is the word "rebuilding" in the next para. Maybe "yes" was the answer to the question "do you agree to rebuild?"

The first cc is to lhl followed by a blank then lwl and lhy. Generally, we cc according to individuals in order of ranking or concern to the matter. In this case it appears that the order is based on "concern". I guess the blank has to be LSF since the other individuals are all family members. If the guess is correct, probably rebuilding was first brought up by LSF. Blanking would suggest HY's desire to leave her out of this current squabble.

seems to be inching closer to my theory….

demolish the house like i said so it doesn't look like you disobeyed me.

then erect another one that looks the same…like a raffles hotel reborn.

but this was 6 years ago.

Goldcheekon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why only LKY house. Why not You Keng Swee house? Why not S Rajaratnam house. The rest of the founding fathers not good enough for the current PAP to milk for votes with daft sinkies?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Correct... but more on parents. Anything to do with govt campaigns? We should instead encourage kids to make more mistakes. Once kid starts to fear making mistakes, they stop learning.

Very easy. Every time a miw appears on tv tell the kid that's a bad guy. Their memories are so good now they start to tell me pointing at them when they see one. This is the only way to counter the indoctrination.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
修身,齐家,治国,平天下。Ah Yang Mia Sia smelly to begin with, the bias is against him. If Ah Ling take more proactive stance, maybe got chance.

------------------------------

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-21-18-28-59_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-06-21-18-28-59_1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,496

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
上梁不正下梁歪。If the upper beam is crooked, the lower beam cannot be straight. Remember how LKY ordered SIA to retrofit an aircraft into a flying hospital to ferry his wife from UK back to SG. Son learning from father's example.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I don't think there is a 4th recipient. Looks like he removed the email addresses of recipients to avoid mail being sent. The father's email would have been deactivated and therefore he left it. The 4th one is likely to be LHL's email address, the siblings email addresses also removed and I think the names typed in.

Email was addressed to HC. A fourth cc recipient was blanked out. Who was this person?And why?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read this 3 times to get the intent right. Han is firmly with the establishment and taking the role of a wise man of sort to diffuse the situation and they are indeed sensible suggestions. He however completely left out the part of the committee composition being kept secret with no basis and no explanation to date, the role of Shanmugam and the concept of conflict of interest and lastly the appointment of Lucien Wong. This is where the abuse of office takes place.

And I have to say the guy is "good"

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this. He will be like Balji when he is cut loose.

Finally I never thought I would live to see the day Han Fook Kwan writing such an article as the one below, in the Straits Times! Things do indeed seem to be getting surreal!

http://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/three-key-issues-in-the-lee-v-lee-saga

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read this 3 times to get the intent right. Han is firmly with the establishment and taking the role of a wise man of sort to diffuse the situation and they are indeed sensible suggestions. He however completely left out the part of the committee composition being kept secret with no basis and no explanation to date, the role of Shanmugam and the concept of conflict of interest and lastly the appointment of Lucien Wong. This is where the abuse of office takes place.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this. He will be like Balji when he is cut loose.

I have to agree Han is good after reading his article. Very insightful.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal

He ignored the allegations about HC having a free hand to direct the civil service, the alleged dynastic ambitions for Hongyi - that is also a very serious allegation and one that has been thrown about in hushed tones...Michael Barr also teased with his article today:

https://international.thenewslens.com/article/71387

2017/06/21, Politics
Singapore PM's Family Feud Reveals Rise of the 'First Lady'

Why you need to know

Perhaps the most startling and truly new development is the emergence of the importance of Lee Hsien Loong’s wife, Ho Ching.

On April 15, 2010, Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was interviewed by Charlie Rose on American national television and declared without reservation that if anyone suggested that Singapore has a dynastic government – if there was any hint of nepotism – then he would sue them.

That was then. Seven years and two months later, on June 14, 2017, his own brother and sister (Lee Hsien Yang and Lee Wei Ling) accused him of exactly that. He has not sued them, but his brother has said he will flee the country in fear of unspecified repercussions from his conflict with his brother.

They accuse him not only of having dynastic ambitions for his son, Li Hongyi, but also of abusing his power as prime minister in his effort to "advance his personal agenda" and of cowering the local press into timid silence.

The tipping point of the dispute is the last will and testament of the family patriarch, Lee Kuan Yew, who died on 23 March 2015. The specific point of dispute is disposal of the family home: Lee Kuan Yew wanted it bulldozed; Lee Hsien Loong wants it preserved and heritage listed. More to the point, he is accused of using the power of Cabinet and his Attorney-General (formerly his personal solicitor) to make it so. (Last week Cabinet Secretary Tan Kee Yong confirmed Cabinet had set up an internal ministerial committee to consider the options for the house but PM Lee had not been involved in the committee's discussions.) The PM's younger siblings have enlisted the power of Facebook and the foreign media (bypassing the Singapore press) to stop him.

It is rather amusing to see the Lees complaining about the abuse of power, the lack of "checks and balances to prevent the abuse of government," and about the timidity of the Singapore press. They seem to be under the impression that this is a new development and that they are the first to notice.

Leaving aside the trivial and essentially personal elements of the intra-family squabble, there are several points of significance to draw from this episode that have a direct bearing on the contemporary governance of Singapore.

Perhaps the most startling and truly new development is the emergence of the importance of Lee Hsien Loong’s wife, Ho Ching. We already knew she was powerful as the CEO and director of Temasek Holdings, which is the holding company for the massive network of government-linked companies that dominate the Singapore economy. From the glimpse of the inside-family politics this episode has provided, it is now clear that she has power far beyond this role. There are 12 separate mentions of Ho Ching as a player in the public statement released by Lee Hsien Yang and Lee Wei Ling a week ago but the critical one is here:

Singapore has no such thing as the wife of the prime minister being "a first lady." Lee Kuan Yew was Prime Minister from 1959 to 1990. During those many years, his wife (our mother) consistently avoided the limelight, remaining his stalwart supporter and advisor in private. She lived discreetly and set a high bar for the conduct of a prime minister’s wife. She would never instruct Permanent Secretaries or senior civil servants. The contrast between her and Ho Ching could not be more stark. While Ho Ching holds no elected or official position in government, her influence is pervasive and extends well beyond her job purview [as the long-time CEO and Director of Temasek Holdings, one of Singapore’s two sovereign wealth funds].

We still have no substantive basis to judge how far her power extends either in government per se or over her husband, but from now on, people will assume her power is ubiquitous.

The second significant revelation is the first airing by anyone in the ruling elite of the political ambitions of Li Hongyi, Lee Hsien Loong’s and Ho Ching’s son. His ambition had been well known for many years, and it was fairly obvious to anyone who followed the Lee family closely that he had been busy building a CV that would provide him entry to politics, but barely a whisper of this had been translated into print. Certainly, no journalist had gone near the story and even foreign academics like myself have been circumspect. Li Hongyi has denied any such ambition (well he would, wouldn’t he?) but now the story is out, and it is out in a way that cannot do anything but hurt his ambitions.

The third major consequence is the continued degradation of the Lee Hsien Loong brand and, by consequence, the Lee family brand. Lee Hsien Loong has never been as revered as his father and the events of the last week are likely to have further damaged him. It would be different if his period as prime minister had been a litany of successes and achievements, but it has been far from a success. During the 13 years that Lee Hsien Loong has been prime minister, government in Singapore has been unambiguously ordinary. There have been large anti-government rallies, the worse election result for the government since independence, and a series of spectacular administrative failures. He famously saved the 2011 General Elections for the government by apologizing for all the things the government had done wrong. This is definitely not the way to enhance a brand nor the way to build a dynasty. It is not even a good way to run a country.

Contrast with this glowing write-up from across (gloatingly posted by those who swallow the national narrative unflinchingly):

http://www.apanama.my/2017/06/a-tale-of-two-prime-ministers.html

A tale of two prime ministers

This is exactly how it should be done. This is what you do if you have nothing to hide. This is undoubtedly a man of honour with impeccable integrity. He not only apologised for the conduct of others but has also called on the entire nation and all members of the Singapore parliament, irrespective of party affiliations, to examine him. - https://youtu.be/h76nx_5gRBc

Singapore must be proud of her Prime Minister who is man enough to grab the bull by its horn and face his critics, even if the critics are just siblings.

It may be a personal issue but Lee Hsien Loong is wise enough to note that his family feud has tarnished the seat of the prime minister and the government of Singapore. Such is his respect and responsibility to the office of the Prime Minister.

His Loong's late father Mr Lee Kuan Yew would certainly be proud of his eldest son for walking in his footsteps, for standing tall with his morals intact.

Bravo Mr Prime Minister !

Meanwhile Malaysians on this side of the causeway are hoping that Hsien Loong's counterpart would take a leaf or two from his conduct as a leader, prime minister and an elected representative of the people.

In Malaysia the state of affairs are very different although Najib Razak the Prime Minister is embroiled in a far more serious scandal which is criminal in nature.

1MDB's international financial scandal and the US Department of Justice (Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative unit) investigations is now world news.

Malaysia's international image today is at its lowest ebb. Almost every international news outlets from Australia to Africa and Europe have been reporting the biggest kleptocracy scandal in the history of the USA. The root of the scandal is in Malaysia and Najib Razak is very much in the midst of it. DoJ has all the evidence.

Billions of ringgit in funds stolen from 1MDB have been laundered in the US and investigations show that RM2.6billion has made its way into Najib Razak's personal bank account. DoJ has also exposed a more than RM100 million pink diamond link to Najib's wife Rosmah.

In Singapore the prime minister has apologised over a personal family feud and presented himself for public scrutiny but in Malaysia the embattled prime minister's lackeys are screaming at the top of their voice demanding to know who reported the crime to DoJ.

In Singapore the prime minister has called on all Members of Parliament to scrutinise/debate the handling of his family feud and the matter's negative impact on his position and that of the government.

In Malaysia the Auditor General's report on 1MDB has been classified a secret under the Official Secrets Act although such classifications of an AG's report is unheard of and could most probably be against the constitution.

The Speaker of Dewan Rakyat in the Malaysian parliament even threatened to quit if the 1MDB scandal was debated in the house. Any debate on the matter was later disallowed on the pretext of being subjudice.

In Malaysia the prime minister is bending over backwards to politicise the 1MDB scandal although its is purely criminal in nature.

The Attorney General who acts more like the prime minister's counsel has unilaterally cleared Najib Razak of any wrongdoing despite RM2.6 billion dollars making its way into Najib's personal account.

A multi agency task force that initially investigated the 1MDB scandal was also disbanded and the then Attorney General sacked.

Hsien Loong of Singapore too could have attempted to silence his critics and threaten to sue anybody who deliberated on his family feud on social media but he did not. Probably he didn't have anything to hide.

The Singapore PM came out to clear the air because 'he is a public servant' but Najib has gone to court to argue that as prime minister he is not a public servant.

In Malaysia exposing the 1MDB scandal and the theft of billions of ringgit in public funds is treated as crime. Whistle blowers and critics are taunted and hunted.

Instead of wanting to nail the thieves who robbed the nation the ruling party's political operatives and lackeys are questioning who reported the crime.

Whistle blowers are branded as traitors in a climate where truth is treated with contempt.

Such is the tale of two prime ministers who are separated by a narrow body of water but a gaping difference in integrity.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
He ignored the allegations about HC having a free hand to direct the civil service, the alleged dynastic ambitions for Hongyi - that is also a very serious allegation and one that has been thrown about in hushed tones...Michael Barr also teased with his article today.

Hopefully PEH's questions raised on 3rd July would yield some answers :p:p:p