• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
LHL handled the privatisation of Singtel as well as IPO of Singtel from the very start and set the actual IPO pricing $3.60. Temasek did nothing The position of EVP of Local Services, Singtel was nothing but hogwash to avoid SGX forced to ask questions in the name of governance and within a year he took over as CEO. The $3.60 pricing was subject of much controversy. Every man and his dog knew what his actual position was going to be.

The same controversy surrounded his appointment to F&N in 2007, first as Non-exective director and Chairman designate. Then the $M surfaced.

U sure or not? U mean LHY or LHL? LHL was recovering from his cancer chemo in 1993, and hardly likely to be interfering in the SIngtel IPO. Also, he was holding a post as DPM, he had lost a lot of weight and they were trying to ease him back in the DPM duties. Got time to fuck around with Singtel's IPO meh? If you mean LHY, then LHY did not join SIngtel until 1994, and the IPO for SIngtel came out in Oct. 1993. I know because I bought some. So, its impossible for LHY to have any input in the IPO as he was not even with SIngtel yet. In any case, whether its LHL or LHY, u have been just a well of misinformation so far.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who would expect The Black Irony?

http://www.tremeritus.com/2017/07/01/goh-meng-seng-who-would-expect-the-black-irony/

Some call it Straight Instant Karma, some would just call it Black Irony.

Once a powerful man on the island, feared even by his own political minions in the party, had eventually suffered great humiliation and disrespect, only to become a puppet political tool for his own son and party to milk to the fullest.

Who would imagine that such great shrewd politician of his time, who was exceptionally street smart to milk the political capital of his contemporaries like Lim Chin Siong, would end up nothing more than a “sacred political cow” to be milked eternally by his own party, against his own will after his death?

Who would imagine that a ruthless politician like him who had locked up thousands of his detractors and dissidents, breaking their families and soul in solitary confinement, forcing many others to run road as well, would end up with the very machinery or rather, Monster he created, instilling that same fear in his own son, forcing him to consider the Run Road option?

Who would expect a man who had undaunted will power that created Singapore under his will and likings, couldn’t even get that little respect from the very party he created, to grant him that simple wish to demolish his own house?

Who would expect a man who had used his expertise in law, to create draconian laws which were deemed necessary for forceful land acquisition for urban renewal, would possibly end up at the end of this huge stick, to have his own Minister openly declare that his own house and property could be forcefully acquired by the government against his will?

Who would expect the mantra “for the greater National good” which he created to justify all bad policies against the people, be used against his will eventually?

Who would expect that a man renowned as the First among equals, top lawyer graduated with top grades from Cambridge, could be so blatantly insulted to be a senile fool who couldn’t even understand this own Will he signed them?

Who would expect a man with such great mastery of words, twisting and turning his words just to get what he wanted, could be subjected to such Third class wordy abuse of twisting himself?

Who would expect a man who had preached about Confucianism all his life ended up with filial piety treated as trash while his children fought among themselves under his name?

For all his life, he diligently worked hard and created his dream system of semi dictatorship and Asian authoritarian rule, but in the end, he was so helplessly turned into the victim of his own pet monster, under the control of his own son.

For those who are in the system enjoying every bit of that power of tyranny, don’t be too happy yet. What can happen to him, could well befallen upon you one day.

That is Black Irony of the Day

Goh Meng Seng

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U sure or not? U mean LHY or LHL? LHL was recovering from his cancer chemo in 1993, and hardly likely to be interfering in the SIngtel IPO. Also, he was holding a post as DPM, he had lost a lot of weight and they were trying to ease him back in the DPM duties. Got time to fuck around with Singtel's IPO meh? If you mean LHY, then LHY did not join SIngtel until 1994, and the IPO for SIngtel came out in Oct. 1993. I know because I bought some. So, its impossible for LHY to have any input in the IPO as he was not even with SIngtel yet. In any case, whether its LHL or LHY, u have been just a well of misinformation so far.

Yes LHY joined SingTel months after the public listing.
He was more well known for Singtel's failed overseas ventures than anything else.
Someone mentioned Singtel's share price never touched ipo's offer price again after he took the helm.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
:*::*::*::*::*:

Attachments

• hy.JPG
    hy.JPG
    313.5 KB · Views: 694

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes LHY joined SingTel months after the public listing.
He was more well known for Singtel's failed overseas ventures than anything else.
Someone mentioned Singtel's share price never touched ipo's offer price again after he took the helm.

I am just trying to shoot holes in the fraud known as Screwedballs.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a lot that is not known to the public. He was not designated for public office or for a GLC and he was not interested. LHY was pressured by both parents just as Rajiv Gandhi who had no interest in politics and was enjoying his freedom as an airline pilot when his brother died. The cancer of the brother changed all that. After the initial treatment and while waiting for 5 year remission clearance, planning began in earnest.

2nd issue - LHY unexpectedly quit Singtel and wanted to spend his time overseas. He was persuaded with F&N and a package that allowed him to work from overseas. F&N was much much smaller than Singtel. The sister-in-law pumped close to a $B by buying a stake in F&N to keep in interested. When the consultancy $1m fee became a huge governance issue - you cannot mark you own papers, the next year, the $1m fee was quietly converted and incorporated into his $250k directors fee without a public disclosure. It was spotted by analyst when he Annual report came out. Again SGX failed as they had done with Nassim Jade, Dennis Lee and UIC, etc. And he still remained as Non-Executive Chairman. With all the allowance that directors are entitled to he took home close to $$3.3 M as non-executive chairman.

EunoiaJAYCEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Just In] LHY: Why I'm speaking up & making Oxley house dispute public

Since the episode involving my parents’ house became publicised, my sister, Wei Ling and I have taken to social media to reach the people of Singapore. We have no other access. Please let me step back and
introduce myself, so that Singaporeans know where I am coming from.

I am the youngest child of Lee Kuan Yew. I have an elder brother Hsien Loong, and an elder sister Wei Ling.

I am a private individual who has always avoided public attention. I am not a politician, and I have never desired to be a one. When I reach out to Singaporeans, please bear in mind that I am a novice. I have neither brigades of staff nor teams to back me up. Indeed, until this episode occurred, I had never posted on Facebook. As such, I ask for your patience - I am only a man working to honour his father’s wishes.

Why

Many have asked me why Wei Ling and I have felt compelled to bring these issues before the people of Singapore. They ask why I have made public a huge national controversy. The answer is that we were pushed by Hsien Loong’s secret cabinet committee.

Growing up in Lee Kuan Yew’s family was a unique experience. My father, the first Prime Minister of Singapore, was a powerful and influential man. My mother too, though she avoided the public eye, was herself a very principled woman. For all these privileges afforded by my parents, they always taught us to act with integrity and to always do the right thing. This was an inviolable value of theirs.

When my father died, the issue of carrying out both my parent’s wishes for their house came up. Our father firmly believed that demolition of his house was the right thing for Singapore. He believed Singapore needed to focus on her future and not on monuments. My father named my sister and I his executors, and with it came his expectation and trust that we ensure his wishes are honoured. Unfortunately, our brother, Hsien Loong, and his wife Ho Ching, have in private vehemently opposed demolition.

As we sought to remind the people of Singapore of our father’s last wish, we encountered opposition every step of the way. It became clear that we faced a vast and coordinated effort by Hsien Loong against us. He did not want our father’s wishes remembered or carried out; he wished to rewrite history to claim that Lee Kuan Yew “accepted” t he preservation of his house. Hsien Loong was ready to use his power and influence to thwart our father’s wishes, to meet Hsien Loong’s and Ho Ching’s personal political
agenda.

At that point, I could have said to myself, “This is too big for me. This political world is not my world. I could just let events take their course. This is not worth it.” It would have been easy to keep my head down -- why risk public outcry, suffer campaigns of character assassination, or even exile? But doing the right thing is rarely easy.

I am not a perfect human being. But I do my best to act with the honour and integrity expected of me by my parents. Their view on demolition of their house was unwavering. I know what they wanted, and as executors of our father’s will, my sister and I have a legal duty to carry out his wishes, instead of allowing them to be perverted by sophistry and machinations. It was a difficult decision, but we were pushed into a corner. We have to stand up and fight for our parents even if it means bringing things into the public sphere as a last resort.

More at LHY: Why I'm speaking up & making Oxley house dispute public

decent02

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the horse mouth, now I know 150% is not a myth but a fact. What a bastard. Planned everything just want to make his brother suffer financially. What an asshole. I am ready to migrate to Angola.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
11 Jinping is now in HK with that ingrate yang. Did 11 put yang up to this nonsense? First they took our terrex, now they took Ah Gong's youngest son! Chinkland is out to get us!

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

now this is a missive that hits the target far more effectively than the emotional twaddle the sister just posted….very well pitched, just the right blend of reason and emotion.

wonder why he doesn't post a version in chinese for the dumbfuck hawker crowd who probably won't read or understand this.

but overall impression is that he is almost resigned to having his papa's wishes trampled upon….and just wants to poison the waters for the guy who will do it.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [Just In] LHY: Why I'm speaking up & making Oxley house dispute public

Thank you HY. You and yr sister has had change the future political history of Singapore forever.

This is also PAP haters prayers to see PAP weaken by morals and weak leaders, the un-anointed ones by God.

We hope to see the abolish of 5 or more than 5 people gather together can be arrested as a criminal offence under yr old man regime.

May CHC God blessed you w plenty.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [Just In] LHY: Why I'm speaking up & making Oxley house dispute public

Is this property all about money and selling it off to developers?