• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_0390_zpsnrvmdiy2.jpg

Where can get it?

decent02

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good kiss aka hoh chim via CNA:
SINGAPORE: Mdm Ho Ching on Friday (Jun 23) clarified the circumstances under which the belongings of Lee Kuan Yew were loaned to the National Heritage Board (NHB) for an exhibition on the founding Prime Minister's life.
The late Mr Lee's youngest son, Mr Lee Hsien Yang had on Thursday claimed that Mdm Ho had “helped herself to a number of Lee Kuan Yew’s papers” on Feb 6, 2015, while the late Mr Lee had been "gravely ill" in hospital.
In a comment posted on Mr Lee's Facebook page, Mdm Ho said that she was away from Jan 31 till Feb 7, accompanying her husband, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, on official visits to Germany and Spain.
"In any case, there would not be any reason for me to rummage or tidy up papa’s things when he was in the hospital – that is not me nor my values," Mdm Ho wrote.
She then went on to explain that it was "in the middle of those two first weeks of April", when she was tidying up the house after Mr Lee Kuan Yew's death" that she came across "small interesting items which (she) thought were significant in papa’s life".
Mdm Ho's post is reproduced below:
Dear Yang,
I was away from 31 January night till 7 Feb evening, when I went with Loong to Germany and Spain for his official and working visits. I was not in Singapore on 6 Feb.
In any case, there would not be any reason for me to rummage or tidy up papa’s things when he was in the hospital – that is not me nor my values.
However, you may remember that after papa’s funeral, you went off with Fern for a break in Japan or somewhere. I began tidying up the house, cleaning up stuff in the basement, and organizing items, dogsbody work as I mentioned to you before, which I couldn’t see Ling or Fern doing. This was what I had also done at papa’s request after mama’s death. Ling was in Oxley, and I had kept her posted, while trying not to intrude into her grieving.
It was in the middle of those two first weeks of April, tidying up the house after papa’s death, that I came across small interesting items which I thought were significant in papa’s life. I explained to Loong about a puzzling telegram about a Battleship arrival. Loong immediately knew its significance, and identified 4 items that he thought it would be useful to lend to NHB which was organizing an exhibition on papa’s life. These included the Battleship telegram and the John Laycock letter, which would be related to what papa did during the Postmen’s strike. I arranged to do so through the PMO, emphasizing to NHB that these items belonged to the estate and must be returned.
During that period, I had also done things like organising papa's ties, and you confirmed that you were agreeable for NHB to come and pick what they wanted - they mostly wanted the relevant ties to match what papa wore during various historical events.
After the will was read on 12 April, I again kept both you and Ling posted on all that I had done including the 4 items loaned to NHB. In fact, I was in the basement working with the maids, when I was asked to join you and Fern, as well as Loong and Ling, for the reading of the will.
You may wish to check your email records to refresh your memory on the various updates that I had given you during those 2 weeks.
I hope that whatever you are upset about, you will have the heart to remember what papa and mama would have wanted most for the family and for Singapore.

Read more athttp://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...-yew-s-8972734

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Following the siblings' red-black themed posts, here's the Sammyboy's Alfresco Score Tracker.

Indranee also posted today:

https://www.facebook.com/IndraneeRajah/posts/1845593195457641

Indranee Rajah
4 hrs ·
4 Things You Should Know about the Oxley Dispute

As Singaporeans we are all saddened by the Oxley dispute. I am particularly saddened because I looked after MM’s constituency in his final years and got to see at close quarters what a great man he was. I know how much this would have grieved MM and Mrs Lee.

People have expressed confusion about the things which have been said. Many are trying to make sense of it all.

The key to understanding this matter is first to get a handle on the issues and some important facts.

Here are 4 things you should know about the Oxley dispute.
1. What does the 7th Will actually say?

Serious questions have been raised as to how Mr Lee Kuan Yew's 7th Will was prepared.

However, leaving those aside for the moment, and taking the 7th Will at face value, what does it actually say about 38 Oxley Road?

The relevant part is in paragraph 7 of the Will. It was read out by the Prime Minister in Parliament on 13 April 2015, and this is what it says:
"I further declare that it is my wish and the wish of my late Wife, KWA GEOK CHOO, that our house at 38 Oxley Road, Singapore 238629 ("the House") be demolished immediately after my death, or if my daughter Wei Ling, would prefer to continue living in the original house, immediately after she moves out of the House. I would ask each of my children to ensure our wishes with respect to the demolition of the House be carried out.
If our children are unable to demolish the House as a result of any changes in the laws, rules or regulations binding them, it is my wish that the House never be opened to others except my children, their families and descendants.

My view on this has been made public before and remains unchanged. My statement of wishes in this paragraph 7 may be publicly disclosed notwithstanding that the rest of my Will is private."

Therefore, even based on the 7th Will, several things are immediately clear:
- Demolition was not the only option contemplated by Mr Lee Kuan Yew;
- there are two parts to the clause. The part first expresses his and Mrs Lee's wish, which was for demolition;
- however, the second part recognises that the house may not be demolished for a number of reasons. Mr Lee accepted that the house may not be demolished and in such case expressed his wishes on what should happen. Essentially he did not want the House to be open to the public.

Much of the recent public discussion on this issue has been premised on the assumption that the 7th Will only contemplates one outcome - demolition. But this is not the case.

The Will specifically accepts and acknowledges that demolition may not take place.

2. Why does the government need to be involved in what happens to 38 Oxley Road?

Isn't this a purely private matter?

Mr Lee Kuan Yew's estate and who inherits what is a private matter, but what is to be done with 38 Oxley Road is not purely a private matter.

38 Oxley Road is closely bound up with the history of Singapore. It is the site where our founding fathers first came together and set Singapore on the path to its future destiny. It is where important and historical decisions were made that led to internal self-government, merger and eventually independence. The strategies to outflank the communists were developed there. It is where the People's Action Party was formed.

People will recall that after Mr Lee's passing and before this dispute was made public, there were many calls to turn 38 Oxley Road into a museum or memorial.

At the Parliamentary session of 13 April 2015 the Prime Minister also recounted how when Mr Lee mentioned demolition in his book Hard Truths there was a public reaction as some people wanted the house preserved.

Why is this so? It is because Singaporeans understand the historical significance of the site. 38 Oxley Road is not just any old piece of property. It is intertwined with the history of the nation.

For this reason, what happens to 38 Oxley Road is not purely a private family matter. It is a also a matter of public interest.

This is also reflected in the fact that para 7 of the Will provides for public disclosure.

Because it is a matter of public interest, the government has to be involved. As DPM Teo has explained, the government has a duty to take a view from the public interest, historical and heritage perspective while taking very seriously into account the wishes expressed by Mr Lee in paragraph 7 of his Will.

3. What is PM's involvement in government deliberations on 38 Oxley Road?

None.

He has taken himself out of the equation.

Lee Hsien Loong is the eldest son of Mr Lee Kuan Yew. But he is also our Prime Minister.

As a son he would like to see his parents' wishes carried out. He stated this in Parliament on 13 April 2015.

However, as Prime Minister he would have to consider whether it is in the wider public interest to demolish the House given its historical significance. The answer to this may be different from his parents or his own personal wishes. It is a very difficult dilemma for him.

For this reason, the Prime Minister has recused himself from taking part in any government consideration or decisions regarding 38 Oxley Road.

At the same time, the government cannot avoid considering the matter.

Hence DPM Teo set up the Ministerial Committee to consider issues in connection with 38 Oxley Road. Like any other Ministerial Committee, it reports to the Cabinet, except that in this matter it is Cabinet minus PM for the reason stated above.

4. Can we demolish the House now?

No, because Dr Lee Wei Ling is still living there. Mr Lee's wish as expressed in the 7th Will is that the house should not be demolished so long as Dr Lee is still living there.

The government has said that it will not do anything to the House while Dr Lee is still living there.

Mr Lee Hsien Yang has said that: "My sister is living there and has every intention to live a long life."

There is therefore no need to make a decision on demolition now. It may be decades before a definite decision needs to be taken. The Cabinet at that time will have to make the decision. Most of the current Cabinet Ministers are unlikely to be in Cabinet then.

Goldcheekon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ling should just do a massive Reno of 38 Ox till it is unrecognizable. She has a life interest. After which see whether it is still heritage or not.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The truth is out . LHY lied and lied shamelessly. I had taken his bait earlier, believing everything he said, but after hearing the facts, I now changed my mind about LHY.

Whatever he posts in FB now , I have to take it with a pinch of salt. A twisted truth is the worst form of lie.

He lied. His biggest lie is that PM lied. Because we now know who lied.
Reminder:
First lie is that he was persecuted that he has to flee.
Second lie is that the house was not demolished to prepare PM Lee's son's future political career.
Third lie is that the final will was just the first will.
Fourth lie is that his wife's law firm has no business in drafting the last will but by LKY's usual lawyer Kwa KL.
Fifth lie is that Mdm Ho walked into Oxley to remove items when LKY was critically ill.
No wonder he dares not put up a statutory declaration to back up his words.
No wonder he sets up a FB account just to hurl allegations, because FB is full of inaccurate news and he can say he is just one of the many.
And we know, if you can lie so outright with everyone anticipative of your next allegation, there is absolutely no credibility on all your previous allegations.
Game over.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
LHY and LWL want to leave Singapore. This was all set up to give them an excuse to leave without LHL having to explain why if SG is so good why his siblings decide to leave SG.

And in this case, after all is said and done, it will even strengthen LHL's position and integrity because his siblings are the liars and dishonorable ones. All planned. Genius!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This lady is on a class of her own, damn good - dogsbody, working with maids, papa, tidying up, organising papa's ties, heart etc etc. Nothing technical, nothing legal.

Same woman who delisted SMRT, bought our airport and power station cheap and sold them high. Same woman who made disastrous decisions including buying an MNC and liquidating it for the loss of millions within a year. A string of bank investments that tanked. Same woman who runs Temasek with no succession plan except changing top leadership every few years.

And writing like a kindergarten teacher.

The siblings have had a life time watching her and a whole life their elder brother. They would know.

Good kiss aka hoh chim via CNA:
SINGAPORE: Mdm Ho Ching on Friday (Jun 23) clarified the circumstances under which the belongings of Lee Kuan Yew were loaned to the National Heritage Board (NHB) for an exhibition on the founding Prime Minister's life.
The late Mr Lee's youngest son, Mr Lee Hsien Yang had on Thursday claimed that Mdm Ho had “helped herself to a number of Lee Kuan Yew’s papers” on Feb 6, 2015, while the late Mr Lee had been "gravely ill" in hospital.
In a comment posted on Mr Lee's Facebook page, Mdm Ho said that she was away from Jan 31 till Feb 7, accompanying her husband, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, on official visits to Germany and Spain.
"In any case, there would not be any reason for me to rummage or tidy up papa’s things when he was in the hospital – that is not me nor my values," Mdm Ho wrote.
She then went on to explain that it was "in the middle of those two first weeks of April", when she was tidying up the house after Mr Lee Kuan Yew's death" that she came across "small interesting items which (she) thought were significant in papa’s life".
Mdm Ho's post is reproduced below:
Dear Yang,
I was away from 31 January night till 7 Feb evening, when I went with Loong to Germany and Spain for his official and working visits. I was not in Singapore on 6 Feb.
In any case, there would not be any reason for me to rummage or tidy up papa’s things when he was in the hospital – that is not me nor my values.
However, you may remember that after papa’s funeral, you went off with Fern for a break in Japan or somewhere. I began tidying up the house, cleaning up stuff in the basement, and organizing items, dogsbody work as I mentioned to you before, which I couldn’t see Ling or Fern doing. This was what I had also done at papa’s request after mama’s death. Ling was in Oxley, and I had kept her posted, while trying not to intrude into her grieving.
It was in the middle of those two first weeks of April, tidying up the house after papa’s death, that I came across small interesting items which I thought were significant in papa’s life. I explained to Loong about a puzzling telegram about a Battleship arrival. Loong immediately knew its significance, and identified 4 items that he thought it would be useful to lend to NHB which was organizing an exhibition on papa’s life. These included the Battleship telegram and the John Laycock letter, which would be related to what papa did during the Postmen’s strike. I arranged to do so through the PMO, emphasizing to NHB that these items belonged to the estate and must be returned.
During that period, I had also done things like organising papa's ties, and you confirmed that you were agreeable for NHB to come and pick what they wanted - they mostly wanted the relevant ties to match what papa wore during various historical events.
After the will was read on 12 April, I again kept both you and Ling posted on all that I had done including the 4 items loaned to NHB. In fact, I was in the basement working with the maids, when I was asked to join you and Fern, as well as Loong and Ling, for the reading of the will.
You may wish to check your email records to refresh your memory on the various updates that I had given you during those 2 weeks.
I hope that whatever you are upset about, you will have the heart to remember what papa and mama would have wanted most for the family and for Singapore.

Read more athttp://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...-yew-s-8972734

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ling should just do a massive Reno of 38 Ox till it is unrecognizable. She has a life interest. After which see whether it is still heritage or not.

she's such a controlling, calculative, cluttered, confused cunt in self-pity and self-centeredness that remodelling a home is alien to her, much like the many left-on-shelf lau kway bu's who do nothing, nada, zilch to old bungalows and semi-d's in siglap and serangoon gardens.

chucky

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they insist on leaving, he will let them leave. If they want to stay, I don't think he will sue them, but some old senior guy will have to mediate on their behalf and let them settle the matter.

LHY and LWL want to leave Singapore. This was all set up to give them an excuse to leave without LHL having to explain why if SG is so good why his siblings decide to leave SG.

And in this case, after all is said and done, it will even strengthen LHL's position and integrity because his siblings are the liars and dishonorable ones. All planned. Genius!