• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like serious criminal conduct by at least 2 family members and at least 2 lawyers not related to the family. No wonder the cabinet committee wanted the related parties to provide a stat dec of the events. it will naturally extend to non family members.
Yes, LHY and LSF, plus Bernard Lui, Elizabeth Kong and Ng Joo Khin; also, it happened in December 2013, after LKY had suffered a "Transient Ischaemic Attack" earlier that year (in February 2013):
pmo.gov.sg/newsroom/statement-prime-ministers-office-5
only about three months after he made his "Sixth Will" in November 2012:
facebook.com/notes/lee-hsien-loong/summary-of-statutory-declarations/1507498539312847
throw smole bombs n nitpicking do not make you out to be truthful.......... sue if you got a case
Based on LHY's latest Facebook posts today:

facebook.com/1899135583659875

Loong claims, "my siblings had not responded to the Committee's questions about how the last will was prepared and the role that Mrs Lee Suet Fern and lawyers from her legal firm played in preparing the last will."

This is a lie. We replied on 28 Feb, "The Final Will was not drafted by Stamford Law Corporation or Mr. Ng Joo Khin and LHL's claimed recollection to that effect is clearly erroneous." LHL's secret committee ignored it. Besides, we thought this was a "private family matter?"

facebook.com/1899253630314737

Stamford Law did not draft any will for LKY. The will was drafted by Kwa Kim Li of Lee & Lee.
Paragraph 7 of the Will was drafted at LKY's direction, and put into language by Lee Suet Fern his daughter in law and when he was satisfied he asked Kim Li to insert it into his will.

On LKY's express instructions in writing, two lawyers from Stamford Law were called upon to witness his signing of the will.

The Estate of LKY instructed Stamford Law to extract probate. Ng Joo Khin's role in that was to read the will to the beneficiaries.

facebook.com/1899380760302024

It's evident from Loong's submissions that this secret committee is entirely uninterested in exploring options for the house, instead focusing solely on challenging the validity of the demolition clause in LKY's will.

Why does it take a committee of the highest paid ministers in the world to challenge a clause reiterating this well-known and publicly stated wish of our father? Is this not a matter for the family courts? Are our ministers now secret justices paid millions to resolve personal family disputes?

maybe LHY should also sue LHL and even sue him first for:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation#Libel
right? :wink:

Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
And now, here comes Lee Wei Ling (posted less than 20 minutes ago):
facebook.com/445042029184779

"DISHONEST ALLEGATIONS OF CHEATING

After that will of 19 August 2011, Hsien Loong and Ho Ching were unhappy that I had been given a right to live at the original house at 38 Oxley Road. They pushed and persuaded my father very hard on this issue. This eventually resulted in 2012 in my losing my right to stay in the house and my share of my father’s estate being reduced to only a life interest. I was very upset and quarrelled with my father. It was in fact my sister-in-law, Suet Fern, who interceded with my father (when Ho Ching and Hsien Loong were overseas) on my behalf. She met with Lee Kuan Yew and made a case that since I was his only daughter and was unmarried, it was particularly important that he provide for me rather than reduce my interest in his estate. My father did reinstate me and gave me an extra 1/7 share as a result. Hsien Yang and his wife were never informed of this extra share and continued to worry that I should be fairly treated and have a right to live in the house.
..."
LWL keeps changing her post.
Yes, it seems that she has contradicted herself, especially based on the 2012 e-mails that she herself posted:
facebook.com/791442864357253
("As further evidence, I am sharing these e-mails establishing that LHL's allegations are false.")
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9jJAm-8bFh8VnN4aV9UaFRETkU/view
"FamiLEE saga: How Lee Suet Fern got LWL her inheritance, according to leaked emails. - The Middle Ground"
themiddleground.sg/2017/06/15/familee-saga-lee-suet-fern-got-lwl-inheritance-according-leaked-emails
(Jun 15, 2017 11.38PM)

Attachments

• LHL's Dishonest Allegations of Cheating.pdf
    94.1 KB · Views: 959
  • oxleyside.jpg
    oxleyside.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 997
Last edited:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chee needs to realise a few things:

1. He is held with the same, if not more contempt, that these two siblings have for their brother.

2. The two siblings are in a way better position to fuck up their brother than he.

3. He will come across as an opportunist seeking to capitalise on a he-said-she-said "private" family feud.

4. Lastly but most importantly, he needs to get this into his head, i.e. blood is thicker than water.

What he needs to do is to shut up, let the dueling be drawn out which will allow for more damaging shit to emerge instead of allowing the shit to subside or go underground each time he opens his mouth thinking he can score some political points of this saga.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on all points as well as the last para.

Sadly the comments on PM's FB reflects the captive and conditioned minds even at times like this and in this context.

Chee needs to realise a few things:
1. He is held with the same, if not more contempt, that these two siblings have for their brother.

2. The two siblings are in a way better position to fuck up their brother than he.

3. He will come across as an opportunist seeking to capitalise on a he-said-she-said "private" family feud.

4. Lastly but most importantly, he needs to get this into his head, i.e. blood is thicker than water.

What he needs to do is to shut up, let the dueling be drawn out which will allow for more damaging shit to emerge instead of allowing the shit to subside or go underground each time he opens his mouth thinking he can score some political points of this saga.

music123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Estate agents estimate 38 Oxley Road property to be worth around S$24 million

SINGAPORE — The historic property at the heart of a public dispute between Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his siblings is estimated to be worth around S$24 million, according to estate agents.

The century-old house at 38 Oxley Road, sitting on an estimated 12,060-square foot plot, had been home to the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew since 1945.

He had expressed his wish for the house to be torn down after his death, or when his daughter Dr Lee Wei Ling no longer lives in it. Not only that, he said the zoning regulations should be changed to let all owners on Oxley Road build higher than the current two-story limit to boost the value of the real estate.

The fate of the house is now uncertain, given PM Lee’s open disagreement with Dr Lee and his younger brother Lee Hsien Yang about a so-called demolition clause in their father’s last will.

As things stand, if the bungalow were to be knocked down, the property could only be redeveloped as a modern residential house, or a row of terrace houses, experts suggest.

“You can’t build 20 storeys on it, so that puts a cap on the land value,” said Mr Ku Swee Yong, CEO of International Property Advisor. “Depending on how you design the two-story mixed-landed project the land value could be worth a little bit more, so let’s say S$25 million.”

Ms Christine Li, director of research at Cushman, provided a similar valuation, but added that it could fetch more due to its “special address”.

“For instance, if it is sold through an auction, this address is likely to fetch a much higher value, just like how art does,” she added.

The house on 38 Oxley Road is steeped in historical significance for Singapore.

The late Mr Lee moved into the five-bedroom house, formerly owned by a Jewish merchant, in 1945, as the Japanese Occupation ended and the island returned to British colonial rule.

Over the next decade, the house became a hub of political activity. It was in the basement that the People’s Action Party was conceived.

But as the former Prime Minister acknowledged, the house lacked foundations, suffered from damp, had cracks in the walls and was costly to maintain.

Private home prices in Singapore have risen 15 times compared to 1975, government data shows. The price of bungalows in the central region have doubled in the last ten years, according to real estate services firm Cushman and Wakefield. REUTERS

http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...ley-road-property-be-worth-around-s24-million

Goldcheekon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am now curious as to whether Shan knows the contents of PM Lee SD which was disclosed publicly yesterday?

Was he a member of the secret committee?

He seems to have close relationship with Fern and Ling. If the above questions were answered positively, how did he managed his close friendships with Fern and Ling?

If the answers to the above questions are negative, then why he defended Lucien's appointment as AG so ferociously when Sylvia Lim was questioning the appointment in Parliament?

... Really lots of questions thrown up on friendship and relationships of legal elites over the years and how this whole saga might impact them...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually 38OR stays as it is status quo.

If demolished to build high rise and name the building as LKY building, or 38OR and put LKY statue or old photo of 38OR in the buildong it become lagi worst.

Then more legal fight for more years to come or perpetual quarrel with Sinkies.

Then the pimple is so big the butt cannot sit and hv no rest forever.

This whole thing is fucked by old fart himself.

jw5

Loyal
They won't purge anybody. They will settle it with them, and when the time comes for LHL to retire, he will. The whole bunch of them are too rich anyway to worry about material aspects of life.

Where to go from here for LHL and HC?

Purge the entire Lee and Kwa clan, legal elites, LHY family, LWL and their sympathisers in his government machinery, ensure that he has has avenue to overturn the Court's final grant of probate and restore his and &HC stature and order, albeit all the disquiet in the social media space.

Scenario looks brutal...

Any idea?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on LHY's latest Facebook posts today:

Why does it take a committee of the highest paid ministers in the world to challenge a clause reiterating this well-known and publicly stated wish of our father? Is this not a matter for the family courts? Are our ministers now secret justices paid millions to resolve personal family disputes?[/I][/URL]

maybe LHY should also sue LHL and even sue him first for:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation#Libel
right? :wink:

haha
ha well rebutted............
!!!

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure all of us will agree their $$$ can see sunlight. That being the case, in public interest, it should be made public. Why fear? Or be embarrassed?

GD, I read somewhere in the forum that you wouldn't mind marrying LWL.

Boss you better work harder cos she's inheriting Cluny Hill bungalow outright.

Cluny anytime can fetch $100m compared to Oxley bahru $24m. :p

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Not sure who is this Ex-military guy, but a good write up.

The House of Lee is in disarray. And this disharmony has left many Singaporeans and others around the world equally perplexed. Some have already taken sides which is rather unwise as the saga is still unfolding. Besides if we do take sides it should always be on the side of Singapore and what is best for our country. It belongs to us and not the Lees.

This skirmish now seems to be developing in to an all-out war and this will not be good for Singapore. I am sure more damaging news will continue to flow in public over the coming days and weeks.

Who are these three protagonists? In my earlier years in the SAF I came into contact with them in the course of my duty.

Lee Hsien Loong (LHL) was in OCS with me in 1970. I was in A Coy and he was in B Coy and did not interact with him except see him on occasions when we were in the cook house, on the parade ground or when he marched past our company lines on the way to the main gate. He marched in a rather gangling manner and as man in uniform he looked rather awkward.

As cadets, we were always threatened that we will be marched straight to the guardroom if we fainted while on parade. At one major parade rehearsal, a TV crew was present to film the proceedings. We saw one cadet drop and later learnt it was cadet LHL. He was not marched to the guardroom nor was he on the TV news that night.

All said and done there was an aura about him perhaps because everyone knew he was LKY’s son and a princeling. That was all that mattered at that time.

Later when he rose to rank of Colonel and later Brigadier General, I watched him in action on a number of occasions and he seemed more self-assured and extremely articulate in all his presentations. Many who worked closely with him said he was extremely bright and generally got on well with his colleagues.

In my later PR career, I came across him on three occasions where he was guest of honour at events my company was organising. He still walked rather gangly and my opinion although a friendly in nature, did not seem totally relaxed and was rather “stiff” in the company of people he was not acquainted with.

As a newly commissioned officer in Maju Camp, one of my responsibilities was to conduct in-camp training for a mixed cohort of NCC cadet officers during their school hols.

Lee Wei Ling (LWL) was one of them. She was extremely fit, eager to learn and volunteered for everything. After one crossing of barbed wire demo, she asked to be the guinea pig to lie on the barbed wire to allow one of the male cadets to walk over here. My superiors had already told me earlier not to allow cadets this manoeuvre in case of injuries but being a gung ho officer just out of OCS, I did it anyway.

Since she was the first to volunteer, male cadets followed suit in order not to lose face. In night topo exercises, LWL gave her security officer (SO) hell as she used to run ahead of her group without approval of her SO to check or confirm locations.

This was pretty risky as she was the daughter of LKY and I could be clobbered if anything happened to her. In my opinion, unlike her elder brother, she was more spirited, adventurous, hard-headed and a bit of a maverick. In many ways she takes after LKY. However, I am told in her later years some thought she was rather eccentric.

Lee Hsien Yang (LHY) joined my cohort in the Staff and Command College in 1985 for what is known as the local term (it only applied to officers who had attended overseas staff courses).

I got to know him pretty well as a student and worked with him very closely in classroom exercises and watched him in discussions and tutorials. He was extremely bright, articulate and confident and in discussions could determine what was key and what was not.

He was essentially a strategist and a big picture man. The little details did not bother him much. He had a sense of bonhomie about him and was personable. In later years I worked closely with him in an overseas exercise and he was still the same LHY who was extremely comfortable in his own skin.

I met him years later after I left the army, in a shopping mall again looking relaxed and comfortable in shorts with his young sons. It was difficult not to like him.

What do I think of this whole saga? It is like a TV episode that is too painful to watch. Brother and sister against brother and now with other family members like wives and sons moving in, drawing battle lines and unsheathing their swords.

It looks like the main attack is emanating from LHY with LWL playing a secondary role. As to whether this is a pre-emptive, it is hard to determine but it looks like intel had already been gathered before the storm hit on 14 June.

LHY and LWL must have timed it to hit when LHL was away with HC. This was a strategic move so that he will not have the full apparatus behind him whilst overseas.

LHY must also know that once the battle lines are drawn there is no turning back. His aim is pretty obvious – to discredit LHL and his family, make Singaporeans lose their trust in him. Whether this will be done remains to be seen.

I am sure both sides have ample ammunition for the battle and possibly waiting to see what the other side can come out with. LHL must know that this is one battle he cannot afford to lose.

This is not just about his late father's house. It is a question of his integrity and his ability to lead the nation that has been called into question.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
> Following is the extract from page 150 of Ross Worthington’s book, “Governance in Singapore”(Publisher: Taylor & Francis, Inc, Dec 2002):

>In 1990, an incident occurred in a pre-cabinet meeting which was the beginning of entrenching further among the many in the core executive, resistance to Lee Hsien Loong’s long term ambitions for prime ministership. Prior to this meeting Lee Hsien Loong had gone to the office of Richard Hu, the Minister of Finance, and removed a number of files without Hu’s permission. At that time Lee’s office was on the 48th floor of what is now Temasek Tower and Hu’s was on the 50th floor.

>At the pre-cabinet meeting Hu took Lee to task for doing this and was supported by Tony Tan. Lee’s response was aggressive and insulting, he directly insulted Tan and Hu, a man of his father’s age. This was a double insult to Hu, who was Lee’s superior in cabinet and a person of an age who should of itself deserve respect in Chinese society. Suppiah Dhanabalan intervened and chastised Lee for his behaviour, demanding that he apologise to Hu, withdraw his remarks and not interfere in other minister’s portfolios. A heated exchange occurred into which a number of other issues intruded and eventually Lee lost his temper, and reportedly reached across the table and slapped Dhanabalan across the face.

>This caused an uproar in the cabinet and Lee was severely chastised by Goh Chok Tong. Dhanabalan stormed out of the room and did not return for some time. Lee, in response to a demand from Goh, subsequently apologised to Dhanabalan, Hu and Tan. Hu, Dhanabalan and Tan all initially stated that they would leave the cabinet as a result of this incident. Goh later took up the matter with Lee Kuan Yew who reportedly verbally thrashed his son over the matter.

>This was apparently followed by a more sober, educational but equally critical assessment from Lee Hsien Loong’s mother, a talented though background political adviser. Lee Kuan Yew reportedly met later that day with Hu, Tan and Dhanabalan, apologised for his son’s behaviour and requested that they not resign, supported by a similar request from Goh Chok Tong.

>All held out for some time, eventually Hu agreed to stay, but Dhanabalan and Tan both resolved to leave. This they did the following August 1991 elections, all without a public word against Lee Hsien Loong, continuing to subscribe to the tenet of all secrets staying within the PAP family.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Breaking , Developing ...:

SINGAPORE - Global law firm Morgan Lewis Bockius LLP has said Mrs Lee Suet Fern, managing partner of its combined practice in Singapore, has stepped down from that role.

But Mrs Lee - wife of Mr Lee Hsien Yang - will continue to play a key role in its global strategy from offices here and in Hong Kong.

The couple said earlier this week they are preparing to leave Singapore - but have not said where they intend to live