• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If MZ closes Yang and Ling's FB accounts, FB will be 2 billion minus two.
And why would anyone want this thread closed? The number of views garnered is astounding.

it won't be mz doing the dogsbody work. if anything, it will be a request from sg gov, and if deemed a security threat or troublemaking nuisance to stir up pubic unrest, fb with gov-request compliance team will suspend accounts, not shut them down completely. team is only a few it consultants with a fulltime fb supervisor, plus occasional help from a counsel. most likely not deemed a national security threat nor viral live suicide content/event unless princess decides to self-immolate at 38or or do a striptease and stream it live on fb. the latter may cause mass hysteria, nightmares, nausea and vomitting, and constitute a pubic health hazard.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
LHYs attacks are personal against LHL. That's what it is. Personal.

It just so happens that LHL is also PM and hence there is collateral damage to Singapore.

But make no mistake, all LHY cares about is bringing disrepute to his brother LHL on a personal level. They have no higher moral intents. Saying he wants to "save Singapore" is buncombe. One would expect that if you intend to save Singapore then you should do it in the right stage which is to run for political office and challenge a bad government or depose it.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHYs attacks are personal against LHL. That's what it is. Personal.

It just so happens that LHL is also PM and hence there is collateral damage to Singapore.

But make no mistake, all LHY cares about is bringing disrepute to his brother LHL on a personal level. They have no higher moral intents. Saying he wants to "save Singapore" is buncombe. One would expect that if you intend to save Singapore then you should do it in the right stage which is to run for political office and challenge a bad government or depose it.

This only is sufficient for PM to request for both their FB a/c to be suspended indefinitely.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
gbu.jpg

2017 Sinkapore remake of the cult movie
"The Good Bad and THE Fugly"

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Rule of Law
==============

Thumbs up AG Walter Woon To Lee Wei Ling: No One is above the Law!

Tang case: No one is above the law

I REFER to Dr Lee Wei Ling's article yesterday, 'Why mete out even a 'token sentence'?'.
Mr Tang Wee Sung pleaded guilty to two charges. He was fined $7,000 for the first charge relating to an arrangement to buy a kidney under the Human Organ Transplant Act (Hota). There was no sentence of imprisonment.

Dr Lee's assertion that Mr Tang was 'sentenced in court to a day in jail for trying to buy a kidney' is therefore factually wrong.

The second charge was for making a false statement in a statutory declaration under the Oaths and Declarations Act (Oda). When one makes a statutory declaration, one is making a statement on oath. The duty to tell the truth on oath is a basic principle of law.

Mr Tang made the following statements in his statutory declaration:

'I confirm that no money or financial gain has been or will be paid by me or on my behalf to the donor to procure his/her consent to the donation of his/her kidney and tissue to me;

I confirm that Sulaiman Damanik's aunt (mother's sister) married niece's (sister's daughter) brother-in-law.'

None of this was true. In short, he lied on oath.

The Oda prescribes a mandatory jail sentence for lying in a statutory declaration. The prosecution did not press for a custodial sentence beyond the minimum. The shortest sentence a judge can mete out is one day's jail. This is exactly what the learned District Judge did. It was not 'a token sentence'. It was the minimum sentence prescribed by law.

Dr Lee wonders whether the charges against Mr Tang were a matter of political correctness. The essential point is that everyone is equal before the law. The rich buyer faced exactly the same charges as the poor donor - one charge each under the Hota and the Oda. Representations were made to the Attorney-General's Chambers to drop the charge under the Oda. These were not acceded to precisely because of the fundamental principle that all must be treated alike. There cannot be one law for the poor and another for the rich.

The final point is Dr Lee's assertion that 'any one of us would have acted as Mr Tang did if we had been placed in the same predicament'. It is presumptuous of her to assume that she knows how other people would act, or worse, that they would act the same way as she would. Insofar as she suggests that it is permissible to break the law when 'placed in the same predicament', this must be emphatically refuted. Everyone, rich or poor, is obliged to comply with the law. It is not open to anyone to say, I disagree with the law enacted by Parliament, therefore I shall ignore it. If Dr Lee disagrees with the Hota, she is at perfect liberty to campaign to have it amended. If she feels that, in some circumstances, it is perfectly acceptable to lie in a statutory declaration, she may try to persuade Parliament to change the law. But until Parliament amends or repeals the Hota and the Oda, they remain the law of Singapore.

The Rule of Law means that compliance with Acts of Parliament is not a matter of choice. No one is above the law.

Prof Walter Woon
Attorney-General

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.theindependent.sg/post-praising-lee-hsien-yang-and-his-wifes-humility-trending/

Post praising Lee Hsien Yang and his wife’s humility trending
July 5, 20174751

An account by netizen Dennis Lim where he praised Lee Hsien Yang and his wife Suet Fern for their humbleness has been trending since it was posted on Facebook today.

In his post, Lim recounts how the first thing Lee Hsien Yang did when he arrived at the opening ceremony of Suet Fern’s law firm, Stamford Law Corporation, was to take the food and personally offer it to the workers who were completing renovation works, inviting them to join the celebration and help themselves to more food.

When the workers were shy to accept and when the other guests appeared stunned, Lee apparently insisted that the workers eat, telling the others that the workers are guests as well.

Lim also recounted that he did not know that Suet Fern was Lee’s wife as she frequently visited the workers during the renovations and even ran down to buy food for workers working late several times.

In ending his post, Lim shared his support for the couple who are embroiled in a public dispute with Lee’s elder brother, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, over their family home 38 Oxley Road.

“The day your wife law firm Stamford law corporation open ceremony. Guest came in and get started with the celebration. U came in took off your coat and first thing u did was grab the food, for the workers that are still trying to struggle and complete the tail end work. And even invited the workers in to help themselves with the food. And told them it’s ok when they are too shy and dirty to get in. U insisted. Your guests looks stunted and u told guests, these workers are guest too. Before this I didn’t even know she was your wife and she has been coming in during renovation and many a times ran down to buy food for the workers that has stayed late for to work. We feel it in the heart. I respect u & your wife and trust u guys, stay strong.”

Tim Chan July 5, 2017 at 4:58 pm
Yes I agree with Mr Lim, I was LHY runner during my NS days 1992-1993. He was the commander of HQ2SIB Changi then. To me LHY was a down to earth and humble person. Unlike some other officers who has many different demands and request. His usual drink in his office was a simple ice cold glass of water. I didn’t have to rinse his running clothes after his morning runs nor wash his personal stuff or run errands for his private matters, unlike what I heard from other runners from my batch. During our Taiwan field exercise for 9 days, his meals was again simple, Taiwan instant noodles and combat rations, like what the HQ troops like me and other lower ranks would eat. Noodles alternating with tulip canned sausages, and Campbell cream of mushroom soup, all prepared in mess tin and served to him. He didn’t once complain how the food was cooked or tasted. When HQ Encik gave LHY a list of items for the Taiwan exercise, which included hot water flask, metal bunk bed, mattress and pillow, GS table and chairs for his sleeping tent. He told me to inform Encik not to bring all those into the field, all he wanted was the usual SAF safari bed and he brought his own sleeping bag, which he used during the entire 9 days. A practical man, who doesn’t need a entourage to follow him during reconnaissance trips and actual exercise, if he doesn’t need a signaller or any officer, he will tell them to stay back, he takes only what he needs, unlike some officers. I have also been told by other NS men quite a few times that LHY even open and hold the doors for lower ranks when they enter into the exercise planning rooms, as well as him greeting them even before others can greet him when walking along the corridors in camp. Didn’t intend to share my thoughts, but after reading Mr Lim and what others have posted, i thought I share. I don’t think he LHY has change much, and I Respect him.

Athena Lee July 5, 2017 at 4:07 pm
He was the CEO of my ex company, and he would join the queue with us for morning coffee in canteen. Very humble person and has no airs.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lhy is a nice chap every one in the armour who knows him.

Though i never met him was told Lky son is in this camp, nice chap.

Ge cam do more by standing up tp his father to abolish 5 or mire than 5 people gather together shd not be arrest med or charge w criminal offense.

It insult humanity as we are social animals want to hv good times together but destroyed by this fucker LKY.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just trim the bushes, Boss. Maybe put the roses next to each other, spices next to each other... all within the garden :smile::smile::smile:

Appreciate your helpful intent but it won't serve any purpose if those roses and spices are now not as readily viewed or easily accessible as they slowly disappear into later pages. This is a waste as some of the moved postings carry news articles, gems of information and opinions from various posters and are useful to readers, visitors including the opposition parties and those who use this forum as a repository of information.

The moved postings I referred to now appear under a new thread / thread title which I supposedly started but in which you were the one who actually created. This makes matters worse.

View attachment 31017

Apart from the time-merged issue and the problems highlighted above, there is also the problem of inconsistency when postings are moved. Some of the postings moved in the thread that you created are not associated with the new thread title whilst some of those that remain in this original thread should be moved if that is indeed your intent.

These movements also contradict the objective of merging postings/threads which is to gather various postings/threads into one accessible and major-themed thread. Now it is the opposite. The original thread is broken up into two or more threads.

Unless postings are spams and thus deserve to be moved to the rubbish heap, please leave it to posters who are old enough to decide which threads they would like to participate or post their views in. This is after all a "coffeeshop" forum where gems can be found amidst some mess.

Thanks.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Appreciate your helpful intent but it won't serve any purpose if those roses and spices are now not as readily viewed or easily accessible as they slowly disappear into later pages.

Yes, I concur with your views. As an effort to keep the integrity of the posts moved, I've move your posts and its corresponding responses back into this main thread.

The video postings on the parliamentary sessions would still remain in the 38 OR Thread.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

They will just say that there are no new arguments presented and LHL/Parliament have addressed all the issues. They will then ask the siblings to make a statutory declaration and there will be an impasse with LHL refusing to answer any further queries. There will be no COI or lawsuit.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I am led to believe Lee Wei Ling's testimony then our fucking Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is a fucking bastard and a liar. And he is no angel without a vicious temper. He and Ho Ching's serene façade evilness are a marriage made on Earth by God Lee Kuan Yew. No wonder till today Danabalan's face pigmentation still do ping pong all over his face. SLAPPPPP!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The siblings have said 2 clear things besides the abominable conduct of the brother.

1) They are prepared to go back to the negotiating table with him privately as he called for in Parliament

2) Have challenged the secret committee to release in full and unredacted copies of the correspondence between them. (It will never happen as I suspect that the trust of the committee work was challenging the veracity of the will.)

Look at the last paragraph titled "on the future". No more juicy news. Case will end up in court in my opinion.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
True ... and we landed up with the wrong brother from what I see.

If I am led to believe Lee Wei Ling's testimony then our fucking Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is a fucking bastard and a liar. And he is no angel without a vicious temper. He and Ho Ching's serene façade evilness are a marriage made on Earth by God Lee Kuan Yew. No wonder till today Danabalan's face pigmentation still do ping pong all over his face. SLAPPPPP!

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Until now still have many gongcheebyes believe this saga is purely a personal dispute. Singapore is hopeless. Gongcheebyes greatly outnumbered people with brains.