• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Lee Wei Ling delivers uppercut to moron brother with new FB post, GO LING!!!

I am no medical expert so I take what his own daughter, a neurologist who knows him best and who would be privy to her father's health status, say at face value.

It was she who revealed in 2011 that he suffered from "sensory peripheral neuropathy (nerve illness) " that affected his movement. Three years later after his death in 2015, she also revealed that he developed Parkinsons in March 2012. I am sure he was given whatever tests that are not made available to "normal" patients before he was diagnosed as having developed the disease.

During the period March 2012 to that all important date of December 2013 when the last Will was signed, every evidence available on public record point to him being in full control of his mental (not physical) faculties. With his level of intelligence, a 69% retention of his original mental faculties would be more than sufficient, at least 9.6 times sufficient, for him to read, understand and sign his four-paged and final Will.

thread on upper cut has merged with this, thus it's a chore to find your buried reply. nonetheless, yours deserves another reply. as far back as 2009 on his trip to u.s. to meet with kissinger, there were symptoms of "nerve illness" then, as characterized by her daughter. that affected his ability to walk as the furthest nerve endings were in the legs and foot. but yes, his mental capacity remained sharp but probably not 100%. anyway, 69% of his mental capacity would have easily overwhelmed most gullible minds of lesser mortals. that would have been adequate to preside over the drafting of his will. but as a lesson for sinkies, don't wait till old age with symptoms of illness to draft wills. for me, at a young age of 69 my trust is already in order 6.9 years ago and will already drafted and locked within the trust 6.9 months after setting it up with a lawyer.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have nothing profoundly different to add to all the views here except to say, yes, the government is trying very hard to keep it as a family feud thus demonising the siblings as much as possible. 69.9% will go on and believe that the PM has been attacked unfairly, and nothing will change after 3rd july and maybe another month of to-ing and fro-ing. Then SPH will go on high rev and carpet bomb the news space with distractions and move it into the background. The abuse of power by the PM and his wife will be forgotten.

70% of Singaporeans deserve their fate but condemn the remainder to suffer as well.

Thats why they keep trying to move this to a family feud and nothing to do with defamation, abuse of office etc

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I have nothing profoundly different to add to all the views here except to say, yes, the government is trying very hard to keep it as a family feud thus demonising the siblings as much as possible. 69.9% will go on and believe that the PM has been attacked unfairly, and nothing will change after 3rd july and maybe another month of to-ing and fro-ing. Then SPH will go on high rev and carpet bomb the news space with distractions and move it into the background. The abuse of power by the PM and his wife will be forgotten.

70% of Singaporeans deserve their fate but condemn the remainder to suffer as well.

Agree. I said the same thing and sinkies samsters here keep attacking me on my medical skills my intelligence and the like. I think it is time for me to leave this forum.

RaIders you have won. Good riddance to me.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. I said the same thing and sinkies samsters here keep attacking me on my medical skills my intelligence and the like. I think it is time for me to leave this forum.

U are a big disgrace to Singaporeans.
It better u buried yourself in m&ds and turds.
It benefits all Singaporeans and your family n friends.
If u have any family.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The saga is not going to change the status quo. No one will also believe that the pap is going to be less litigious moving forward just because Pinky refuses to sue.

I am with chuky on this. Much as i appreciate the siblings for highlighting the abuse of position and political sleight of hand, ultimately they have spent their lives being complicit to everything Old Man and his protégé's have done to SG. They are not looking to change anything. They are bringing a political angles the equation only for their narrow purposes. Singaporeans will lose interest and everything will be back to square one

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
And on the other side of the world...(Oct 2016 News)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37682298

Hitler house in Austria to be demolished after long row

The house in Austria where Adolf Hitler was born is set to be demolished to stop it becoming a focal point for neo-Nazis.

The future of the former guesthouse has been widely debated, with opinion torn between razing it or changing its use.

The argument was further complicated after its owner refused to sell.

But Interior Minister Wolfgang Sobotka said a committee of experts had decided that the house should be demolished, reported Austrian newspaper Die Presse.

A new building put in its place will be used for administrative or for charitable purposes, the paper added (in German).

"The Hitler house will be torn down. The foundations can remain but a new building will be erected. It will be be used by either a charity or the local authorities," Mr Sobotka told Die Presse.

The house has been the subject of years of legal wrangling between the owner Gerlinde Pommer and the government, which has been renting it since 1972 to prevent any misuse.

It currently pays about €4,800 ($5,300; £4,336) a month for the building in Braunau am Inn.

Ms Pommer who is now retired, has repeatedly refused to sell the three-storey building to the government.

For the last five years it has also stood empty, as she refused to allow renovation work to be done.

The building had previously been used as a centre for people with disabilities.

An interior ministry spokesman told AFP a legal amendment proposed earlier this year which would allow them to seize the property was still "under way", meaning parliament has yet to approve the demolition.

However, the decision will likely upset some in the community, some who wanted it to become a refugee centre, others a museum dedicated to Austria's liberation from Nazi rule.

A number of cultural organisations previously opposed the building's demolition because it is part of the historic city centre and therefore under heritage protection.

_91956929_cfeeb5d1-90b6-4ce7-bcf1-5cb63dc4f633.jpg

There are fears Nazi sympathisers may make it a focal point
Hitler was born in a rented room on the top floor of the building, near the Austro-German border, on 20 April 1889.

During Nazi rule, the house was transformed into a shrine to Hitler as the town drew in a wave of tourists.

But as the Nazis began to lose control in 1944, it was shut up.

Yet despite the efforts of successive governments to stop it drawing neo-Nazis sympathisers to Braunau am Inn, locals say it still does.

"I've even witnessed people from Italy or from France coming here… for adoration purposes," Josef Kogler, a teacher in Braunau, told the BBC.

"One Frenchman, a history teacher I think it was, came and asked me for Hitler's birthplace… It's hard to understand."

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I think the ones grasping at straws are the die hard anti pappies....they keep thinking that this feud will end pinky n the Pap...which is basically pie in the sky...I mean what happens on 3rd July? A personal matter addressed to all the por lumpars in parleement...pinky will be over thrown? The only thing good if played out well is pinky gets into trouble because he has used state resources on a personal matter..but the 70% support it..so big deal as if the pappies n pinky will be overthrown..

Youre the only nut saying that. We are waiting for the salvo after

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't leave bro. Leaving is to concede. In the end, who knows who is the wiser? All of us are just speculating and trying to connect the dots...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. I also note that after all these days the siblings are keeping it within the tent of house and will. Clearly they have no intention to address all other oppressive issues that society is facing.

I also detect that the media has been spoken to and note the obvious tilt in headlines today despite the content that is based on Janadas Email which too many clearly says different.

=======================================================================================

Fate of Oxley Road house 'had not been decided'

Chief of Government Communications points out 'shifting instructions' from Lee family on 38, Oxley Road

DANSON CHEONG, THE STRAITS TIMES
Jul 01, 2017 06:00 am
0 Shares
Founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew may have wanted his 38, Oxley Road house torn down after his death, but as time passed "it became less definitive whether the house would be demolished - and if so, when".

Chief of Government Communications Janadas Devan said this in a Facebook reply yesterday morning to a post by Dr Lee Wei Ling, Mr Lee Kuan Yew's daughter.

Earlier in the day, she had posted on Facebook a copy of an e-mail exchange between her and Mr Devan, in which he appeared to affirm that Mr Lee wanted the house demolished after his death.

Dr Lee said: "We thought that Singaporeans should hear directly from Janadas Devan, chief of Government Communications at the Ministry of Communications and Information."

In his reply, Mr Devan told Dr Lee: "Your latest post blares, tabloid-style, misleading information".

He said: "The e-mail you quote was written when I was Associate Editor of Straits Times, not Chief of Government Communications."

Mr Lee Hsien Yang and Dr Lee Wei Ling have said that they have never asked the Government to let them demolish the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew's house immediately.
SINGAPORE
Lee siblings deny asking for immediate demolition of house

Jun 28, 2017
The e-mail was sent to her by Mr Devan in 2011 after he had met Mr Lee, who was then Minister Mentor.

"Saw MM today. First meeting on Oxley book, together with team. He was in good form. He said house will be torn down. It is obvious that is what he wants," wrote Mr Devan.

The e-mail continued: "It will be a small-minded people that denies him this personal wish.

"I think he's wrong wishing it, but I'd feel awful denying him what he obviously wants."

Yesterday, Mr Devan said he had met Mr Lee to discuss a possible book on the Oxley Road house.

I am as baffled as most Singaporeans why (Lee) Hsien Yang and you wish to consume all of us in your personal family matters.
Chief of government Communications Janadas Devan in a Facebook reply to Dr Lee Wei Ling
He added that "when he met us in July 2011, he made plain that he wanted the house to be demolished".

"But as the months and years passed, the nature of the project changed as it became less definitive whether the house would be demolished - and if so, when," he wrote.

"For example, we were told that you will be staying in the house for as long as you live.

"Then I learnt plans to build a model of the interior of 38, Oxley Rd was dropped - because, I gathered, Mr Lee was considering plans to gut the interior of the house altogether to remove traces of the private space."

Mr Devan said there was "no doubt then or now" that Mr Lee's preference was for the house to be demolished, but he pointed out that "shifting instructions" from the Lee family from 2011 to 2012, including Dr Lee, "indicated, the fate of the house had by no means been decided at that point".

"My personal view remains that Mr Lee's wish to demolish 38, Oxley Rd should be granted the moment you are no longer living in it, which may be 20, 30 or more years in the future," Mr Devan said.

He also said to Dr Lee: "I am as baffled as most Singaporeans why (Lee) Hsien Yang and you wish to consume all of us in your personal family matters. Please: Think of Singapore, and forget the rest."

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think they know your early history and your contributions and your help in clarifying medical and emigration issues.

I also think some can't detect the tongue-in-cheek in some comments. The other thing is that since your move to Canada, your comments on those who are left behind or who have no intention to move or can't move have rubbed people the wrong way.

There is another chap who moved to the US recently and started nearly every post with "your prime minister" or similar approach. Soon nobody responded to him and he changed his nic but not his approach. He still must be wondering why no one responds to him.

You have contributed more than your fair share. When you are serious, you are candid with your observations, your experiences and your challenges. Not many people in this forum do that. And there are many who silently appreciate that.

Please continue to contribute.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: [Just In] LHY: Why I'm speaking up & making Oxley house dispute public

Just tell us how much money LKY has under the trust fund and shell companies, and everything will be alright.

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [Just In] LHY: Why I'm speaking up & making Oxley house dispute public

the one thing those kum gong Lees don't get it:

we are the legacy!!!!!! We are proof of LKY's efforts!!!!!

Stop all that fucked up infighting!!!!!