• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Taxi drivers here could be obsolete in three years

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Acutally in singkieland taxi can survive as their fares are low compared to international standards,,,its the taxi companies that gouge on the drivers and the customers,,,,like for example the midnight surcharge should be done away with,,,have a taxi app,,but Grab does that,,and in addition can pick up customers from taxi stands etc,,,it does help,,but the taxi council is still sleeping, as they have made no recommendations to improve taxi service etc,,,also to qualify as a Uber or grab driver,,,,the requirements must be the same as taxi drivers,,that is singaporeans only above a certain age with X amount of years experience,,that way Uber will have less drivers as the PRs cannot be Uber now,,that way the whole industry lift their game,

What a silly man you are! Who owns Uber? You want to have your name on Madam Ho's black book?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Ho is a private citizen,, if the taxi council is afraid of her,,they might as well commit hara kiri as they are not doing their job,,,,and Who owns UBer? I do not know,,,but I am sure the taxi companies are owned by Temasek but there is no change to the taxi companies because they just want to leech on the public and the drivers,,,

What a silly man you are! Who owns Uber? You want to have your name on Madam Ho's black book?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Ho is a private citizen,, if the taxi council is afraid of her,,they might as well commit hara kiri as they are not doing their job,,,,and Who owns UBer? I do not know,,,but I am sure the taxi companies are owned by Temasek but there is no change to the taxi companies because they just want to leech on the public and the drivers,,,

You ingrate! It is thanks to the PAP that there is no need to pay exorbitant sums for taxi plates in order to drive for a living. Now with uber and grab, we have now leveled the playing field by allowing fts to compete with unproductive sinkies in the lucrative taxi driving profession.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Acutally in singkieland taxi can survive as their fares are low compared to international standards,,,its the taxi companies that gouge on the drivers and the customers,,,,like for example the midnight surcharge should be done away with,,,have a taxi app,,but Grab does that,,and in addition can pick up customers from taxi stands etc,,,it does help,,but the taxi council is still sleeping, as they have made no recommendations to improve taxi service etc,,,also to qualify as a Uber or grab driver,,,,the requirements must be the same as taxi drivers,,that is singaporeans only above a certain age with X amount of years experience,,that way Uber will have less drivers as the PRs cannot be Uber now,,that way the whole industry lift their game,

Sinkieland taxis are not cheap.when u consider there is no minimum wage in Singapore and the average wage of uni grads is almost as low as blue collar worker in western countries.1.3 million sinkies make less than 2.3k a month and qualify for GST vouchers.have u ever heard of a first world nation where 40 to 50 percent of the population earn less than 1/3rd the GDP per capital?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
70% will disagree with you. if its 1/3 the population earning that low amount,,,and they happy with the pap,,,,than they deserve to get FUCKED,,,,in singkieland taxis become expensive when the surcharges are added up...in 1st world countries taxis are expensive that is why uber can survive there,,,in spore,,its cheaper if no surge pricing,,,and during rush hours,,uber is more expensive than taxis,,,in ozland uber is doing well because they are cheaper than taxis,,,the taxis in ozland is 3 bucks a km,,,in Singapore its $1 buck a km...but with surcharge the price is different. 2.3k per month in singkieland is minimum wage in Ozland,, and that also means that the wage level is worse than in ozland,,,another reason why I say in singkieland the taxi is cheaper as per international standard is when I am in 3rd world countries like Pinoyland or Vietcong land or indonland,,the taxis are just slightly cheaper than in Singapore (based on distance and after exchange rate) ,,,and their pay is much lower than in singkieland,,,so in terms of earnings versus cost,,,and singkieland with COE, ERP, fuel tax etc,,,the price is comparable,,,that is why I say if the taxi companies get rid of those bullshit surcharges etc, taxis can compete with uber,,,if singkieland have no higher wages,,why all the foreigners are clamouring to come over to singkieland to make a living? And even after exchange rate,,,another example to use is JB,,u take a taxi in JB,,,and compare dollar to dollar and even after exchange rate conversion,,,who is better off? earning in singkieland and spending in singkieland? or working and earning in JB?

Sinkieland taxis are not cheap.when u consider there is no minimum wage in Singapore and the average wage of uni grads is almost as low as blue collar worker in western countries.1.3 million sinkies make less than 2.3k a month and qualify for GST vouchers.have u ever heard of a first world nation where 40 to 50 percent of the population earn less than 1/3rd the GDP per capital?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you allow taxis to be even cheaper, taxi drivers could probably get to keep their jobs. It's thanks to liberal oppies that finally finished off our sinkie taxi uncles. You keep demanding better salaries that towkays figure it's cheaper to get robots to do the driving.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

temasick does not invest in uber, but one of its wholly owned vc subsidiary vertex venture invests in grabtaxi. however, on temasick's main portfolio, you won't find grabtaxi listed as it's under its vc arm vv holdings.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
attachment.php

I think the building is not designed to carry the entire load of all taxi on the carpark

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
temasick does not invest in uber, but one of its wholly owned vc subsidiary vertex venture invests in grabtaxi. however, on temasick's main portfolio, you won't find grabtaxi listed as it's under its vc arm vv holdings.

Vaguely remembered a report on Temasek participating in a funding round for Uber but I can't find it. I stand corrected.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vaguely remembered a report on Temasek participating in a funding round for Uber but I can't find it. I stand corrected.

that was fake news. i too was duped into almost believing the report but someone inside told me no. and double checked with uber and reply is no. now every report must check 6.9 times.

saudi sovereign wealth fund (sapib) yes.

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/uber/investors

Last edited: