• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Siao lang Trump gets everyone in his cabinet to sing his praises during meeting

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leave it to Donald Trump to reinvent the Cabinet meeting.

The public portion of these gatherings of all of the president's top advisers are usually staid affairs. Photographers are let in to take pictures. The president makes a very brief statement. A reporter shouts a question, unanswered. The end.

Donald Trump did something very different in his Cabinet meeting Monday.

First, he reviewed the various alleged successes of his first 143 days and made this remarkable claim: "Never has there been a president....with few exceptions...who's passed more legislation, who's done more things than I have.

"Um, ok. While Trump has signed a number of executive orders and actions -- the most high profile of which, the so-called "travel ban" was, again, blocked by a court on Monday -- what he hasn't really done is pass actual legislation through Congress. The health care bill is tied up in Senate machinations. Tax reform hasn't moved an inch. Funding for the border wall hasn't happened. And so on.

(Nota bene: You can't say "never has" something happened and then say "with few exceptions." Either it's never happened or it, well, has.)But, that wasn't even close to the weirdest part of the Cabinet meeting!

Once Trump finished touting his administration's accomplishments, he turned to several of his newly-minted Cabinet secretaries like Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue. Each of those Cabinet secretaries lavished praise on Trump, which he accepted without comment but with a broad smile.

At first, I thought Trump was just going to have the new members of the Cabinet spend a few minutes praising him. NOPE! It soon became clear that Trump planned to have every Cabinet member speak. And when I say "speak" what I really mean is "praise Trump for his accomplishments, his foresight, his just being awesome."

More at Donald Trump just held the weirdest Cabinet meeting ever

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The praise is well deserved. Trump is the best President EVER!!! I worship the ground he stands on.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
He sounds like that Kim fellow in NK

pls lor, you donno my buddy kim, he dont anyhow speak ok, i have to check alamac and discuss with 11 first. puny penis trump can only torture his staff to get praise, my buddy can solicit tears with a wave of hand and hari kiri with the snap of fingers. everything with military precision, pls dont compare of even mention in same breath. it's like rolls royces phantom vs the puny orange daihatsu

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It reflects so poorly on every single member of the cabinet. I am sure at the end they will say they were disgusted by it. All of them are rich and do not need the job so why did they do it. Clearly it was loyalty statement. Unlike the Westminster system where the party caucus can move against their leader overnight, the US does not have this. Was the desire to complete one term as a personal accomplishment?

The vagaries of the human mind.