• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sungei road flea market iconic value

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe internetz killed the garang guni market....now people just sell their 2nd hand stuff online on gumtree,craigslist or carousell.better than accepting cutthroat prices.

i tried shopping around 2nd hand goods store like cash converters and salvation army to look for things to resell and make a profit,i realise singaporeans dont really have the culture of having junk yard sales or selling their old stuff.

in the u.s. recycling programs and extremely aggressive junk pickers working for syndicates and organized crime which game the recycling programs are responsible for much of the demise of the flea market. i'm seeing less visitors each month at the berryessa and cupertino flea markets. for those with valuable antiques, they don't sell them at flea markets anymore. antique roadshows and county fairs are where you can find great deals. sometimes, a national treasure shows up from a basement or attic, and professional appraisers who are invited to attend these events would go crazy over some of the finds. one very old blanket was appraised at usd500k minimum. flea markets are now just filled with made in china junk.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies buy cheap stuff dont expect good stuff sales there. Angmoh used goods are good type bwcos they arw drug traffickers can afford dump good stuff and drug addicts Chinese no money buy them.

Last edited:

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if there is a remote chance of relocation for the vendors, fucking activists like terry Xu, tam peck Hoon, Teo Soh lung, Woon Tien Wei and Jennifer Teo, Kirsten han, faith leo, Faiz zohri and so on have already fucked up that chance by using Sungei road market for their own political agenda.

Just look at TOC and the fucking save Sungei road market campaign they are running and you will be thinking whether they are trying to save the market or fuck up the market's chance of relocation by politicisng the shit out of the issue.

My advice to all these activists: pl don't be a fucking asshole and use the vendors livelihood for your political agenda.

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
These clowns should fuck off and not sit on the plot of valuable land. I will say.... give them a piece of Jurong Island to ply their trade!