• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Is PAP Losing Grip?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kudos to Cherian George. ASAS - truly a bunch of idiots.

http://mothership.sg/2017/06/advert...-spore-has-too-much-free-time-cherian-george/

Advertising Standards Authority of S’pore has too much free time: Cherian George
June 10, 2017
As it chose to look into frivolous complaint against Pink Dot mall ad.

Belmont Lay

In a world where 24 hours is no longer enough with so much stuff to do and battles to pick, the Advertising Standards Authority of Singapore has mastered the art of time-wasting and poor resource allocation.

Basically, the ASAS going after the Pink Dot ad in Cathay Cineleisure after receiving public feedback shows that the organisation is being way too selective in addressing complaints.

The above post is by highly learned media academic Cherian George, who has stuck one into ASAS. This is because, out of all the complaints the organisation could have acted upon, it picked the most frivolous one.

What about the advent of ad masking in the mainstream and online media in Singapore? What about the violence in ads displayed in public spaces?

If ain’t nobody got time for that, then where did the ASAS even find time to respond to the complaint about Cineleisure’s Pink Dot ad?

So, what can consumers do, moving forward?

This is Cherian’s recommendation to put the ASAS to good use:

Now that we know ASAS exists and has the time, we consumers can nudge it in the right direction by familiarising ourselves with its code (https://asas.org.sg/code) and taking full advantage of its complaints procedure. If the good people of ASAS start taking a proper look at problematic advertising in Singapore, I think they would be the first to admit that they’d have no bandwidth to entertain the kind of complaint we’ve just witnessed.

The message, when taken to its logical conclusion, is simple: If the ASAS is inclined to act on behalf of consumers with gripes, it better go all the way with its policing whenever it receives complaints, regardless.

Otherwise, it will reveal itself as just another toothless organisation that operates according to a mentality of convenience rather than conviction and purpose.

Or worse, it is perceived as acting on the conviction of one particular group using the influence of a public authority to police the use of public spaces.

Kudos to Cathay

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are no laws broken. The idiots in ASA are trying to please the PAP thinking the latter cares. The PM'a nephew and old man's grandson are in a full blown relationship with house and dog. Only thing missing is a church wedding. Credit to Cathay.

People are losing their jobs, the country is losing its previously hard earned positions in port, shipping, aviation, high end manufacturing and lost a fortune in investments in banks, the last thing we need to worry about is Singapore's version of Mardi Gras and 2 consenting adults doing what they want.

Totally can understand if the Kwan Teow is not fried well, the Roti Prata got no gravy, and the nasi lemak got too little chilli but nobody gives a fuck about one's sexual inclination. It's like mini skirts in the 60s, get over it.

Exactly. Cathay Cineleisure didnt break any law and does not need to take down the advert. I like the way Cathay Cineleisure showed its middle finger to ASAS. The ball is in pap's and ASAS' court

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
my post is not abt homosexuality. my point is abt Cathay Cineleisure defying pap.

And my point is that PAP represents the will of the people in this case. So maybe you should ask is Singapore losing its grip on social conservatism against homosexuality?

People can have different views about issues you know. It's not all about you.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
And my point is that PAP represents the will of the people in this case. So maybe you should ask is Singapore losing its grip on social conservatism against homosexuality?

People can have different views about issues you know. It's not all about you.
if Cathay Cineliesure shows its middle finger to pap, it shows pap is losing it

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good lor if you say so. So next GE PAP better lose the elections otherwise you eat your words.

you are wrong.
i didnt say pap will lose the next elections.dont put words in my mouth. whether pap loses the next election is not a clear indication of it slowly losing its grip

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If PAP is losing grip it means sinkies butt muscles are not strong enough,they must practise some flexing exercises.a loose sphinter can result in many unsatisfied sexual partners with small dicks and also frequent incontinence.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you get what scroobal said? What a petty thread from an even pettier person.

having an argument with ckmpd is like arguing with a woman,a bitch-aaayyyy woman.

[video=youtube;eVXqocPAz1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVXqocPAz1k[/video]

ad hominem attacks,or woman's logic (when i say reality is so and so,it means reality is so and so,laws of physics and facts do not apply),feminist logic,and elementary school playground arguments(what u say doesnt bother me,what i say bothers u,im rubber ur glue).