• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious And the grestest Ah Neh Scholar Ever, choosed to be... Not PAP BG!

Think_PAP

Alfrescian
Loyal
59395272c3618883328b45da.jpg

https://www.rt.com/viral/391487-indian-best-student-monk/

‘Scoring top marks doesn’t give happiness’: India’s best student renounces the world to become monk
Published time: 9 Jun, 2017 01:53
Get short URL
‘Scoring top marks doesn’t give happiness’: India’s best student renounces the world to become monk
Indian Jain monk Varshil Shah © AFP
A top Indian student who received the highest score in the exams has decided to take an unusual path. Instead of applying for prestigious college, he renounced the world’s pleasures and became a monk, saying that scoring top marks in exams “does not give happiness”.

Varshil Shah from the city of Ahmedabad in Gujarat state scored 99.9 percent in the May 27 Class 12 exam, topping the state, the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) said.

He is Varshil Shah. He is from Ahmedabad and he scored 99.99%percent and topped. OK done. AB YE SANYASHI (BRAHAMACHARI) BANNA CHAHTA HAI pic.twitter.com/LURPi3bNMo
— Sanjesh Kumar (@Sanjesh786) June 7, 2017

However, the teen said that he was not interested in a prestigious college or high-ranking job and announced his decision to become a Jain monk. He began his spiritual quest in an elaborate ceremony Thursday.

READ MORE: Hundreds of Buddhist monks in violent standoff with Thai police (VIDEO)

The 17-year-old boy shaved his head and wore white robes for the initiation ceremony. He also sought permission from his parents to renounce the world. Now he will commit to the austere life of a monk and will live an ascetic life, meditating.

#Gujarat Class XII borad topper 17 years Varshil Shah from #Ahmedabad now Suvirya Ratna Vijayji Maharaj after taking #Jain Diksha at #Suratpic.twitter.com/Jjgbuxo3FA
— Tejash Modi ™ (@TejashModiLive) June 8, 2017

The teenager reportedly told his uncle that his exam result was “per expectations,” the Hindustan Times reported.

“But to attain and maintain peace, I think renouncing the world is the only way,” his uncle quoted Varshil as saying.

“Though I scored high marks, I don’t want to pursue the usual path where people run behind earthly possessions. My goal is to attain inner peace and eternal happiness. That will be possible only when I leave behind everything and become a Jain monk,” he said.

Varshil, a son of an income-tax officer, was raised in a house without television or a fridge, HT reported, and where electricity was used only when necessary.

Before the holy ceremony, the teenager told journalists that he has always aspired to attain “eternal happiness without hurting anybody,” according to NDTV.

“Scoring top rank in board exams does not give happiness. The material world does not give eternal happiness that millions seek,” said the teen who was renamed Suvirya Ratna Vijayji Maharaj after the ceremony.

12th class topper in Gujarat Board, Varshil Shah want make a Jain Muni pic.twitter.com/4iU5KCIkXn
— Samay News Channel (@samay_official) June 8, 2017

Janism is an Indian religion which teaches “a path to spiritual purity and enlightenment through disciplined nonviolence to all living creatures,” according to Encyclopedia Britannica.

Jain monks and nuns must “fight against the passions and bodily senses to gain enlightenment, or omniscience and purity of soul.” The Jain believers follow a strict vegetarian diet and promote the ideals of non-violence.

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
59395272c3618883328b45da.jpg

Published time: 9 Jun, 2017 01:53
Get short URL
Indian Jain monk Varshil Shah © AFP

The 17-year-old boy shaved his head and wore white robes for the initiation ceremony. He also sought permission from his parents to renounce the world. Now he will commit to the austere life of a monk and will live an ascetic life, meditating.

Come on, this is but another example of the kerling seow wayang....

Give this ah neh a few more years, after he has learn all the monkly roles....he will one day emerge as a 'great swami' who has been enlightened......

Then, all the rural ignorant and superstitious kerling kias will swarm to him and make him out to be a 'groat'....that time, just you wait....he will be leaving all his previous classmates far, far, far behind in terms of money, wealth, wine, women and songs....and enjoy the life as a great swami....he can eat everyday whatever delicacies there are, fuck any nubile woeman he wants and command whatever gold trinklets, playthings he wants....

We see these every day in india......even in stood pig u arse a or euro there are already a few swamis around, enjoying debauched lifes of the 'unnatural aristocracy'...LOL. kerling wayang...just slowly see if you have the patience....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poorly guided. He could have pursued knowledge and contributed over time to the body of knowledge. He should have gone to the best institutions. Knowledge and its contribution does not require acquiring or possessing earthly possessions.

He is not going to contributing choosing this path except for a small group.

“Though I scored high marks, I don’t want to pursue the usual path where people run behind earthly possessions. My goal is to attain inner peace and eternal happiness. That will be possible only when I leave behind everything and become a Jain monk,” he said.

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poorly guided. He could have pursued knowledge and contributed over time to the body of knowledge. He should have gone to the best institutions. Knowledge and its contribution does not require acquiring or possessing earthly possessions.

I have personally seen such wannabes in Singapore and Malaysia....when they are in their young twenties, they are full of religious fervour, preaching the holy and the saintly.....come their thirties, most fall temptations to the sin of the flesh 万恶淫伪首...and got defrocked.....thereafter, some went the extreme, living their lives muddled amongst the midst of wine, women and songs...

Only in kerling india you see these smart alecks doing a wayang show over the ignorant and uneducated masses....they got elevated to the level of swamis if they play their cards right and their supporters are there to direct the ignorant masses....

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal

...he should have come to sinkieland...our policy will welcome him with open arms n legs.....n he will be collecting millions of $$ ....n live happily ever after. Why his commrade never prompt him on this?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this once in a lifetime genius will discover in his jain meditation the laws of life and death and origin and end of the known universe. after 69 years of uninterrupted bowel movement.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Kids are kids, they are highly impressionable. Though it looks like a strong willed kid, how he equated higher education and a meaningful career that brings value to society to materialism is bizarre. And the adults around him are idiots as well. If the majority thought along these lines, mankind will be stuck in the garden of Eden sucking their thumbs.

Jainism is highly regarded and they have produced industrialists who follow their faith strictly. This is one oddball. Why even mention and glorify his grades?

I have personally seen such wannabes in Singapore and Malaysia....when they are in their young twenties, they are full of religious fervour, preaching the holy and the saintly.....come their thirties, most fall temptations to the sin of the flesh 万恶淫伪首...and got defrocked.....thereafter, some went the extreme, living their lives muddled amongst the midst of wine, women and songs...

Only in kerling india you see these smart alecks doing a wayang show over the ignorant and uneducated masses....they got elevated to the level of swamis if they play their cards right and their supporters are there to direct the ignorant masses....

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have u seen the Indian caste system,religious leaders are the 2nd or 3rd highest tiers.the cow is no.1 of course.if u killed or insult a cow in India u get the death penalty.

These religious leaders are the equivalent of front bencher mps and ministers,or maybe even higher like Kong hee.how many mps or minister do u know can get away with embezzling 50 million and still not be impeached.

Congrats to this young man,the pursuit of mortal knowledge is futile and pointless endeavor,like an ant struggling in toilet bowl water.the secrets of the universe and time lies within endless servitude and devotion and love.space,time,eternity and God are one and the same.Singularity.there is only one outcome,when

[video=youtube;zg5QMysuSYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg5QMysuSYg[/video]

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Jains i know are a very devoted to their beliefs. It's almost hard for them to lead a normal life outside the country. But I really respect them for sticking to their way of life even as India is modernising so quickly. Just found out one jain guy on my LinkedIn account gave up his career to become a full-time yoga instructor. This surprised me because he was one of the more outstanding Indian consultants I've worked with

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Jains i know are a very devoted to their beliefs. It's almost hard for them to lead a normal life outside the country. But I really respect them for sticking to their way of life even as India is modernising so quickly. Just found out one jain guy on my LinkedIn account gave up his career to become a full-time yoga instructor. This surprised me because he was one of the more outstanding Indian consultants I've worked with

a jain neighbor who works at apple as a principal engineer in haptic technology and tactile feedback firmware is a guru in yoga. his teacher is very well known in india and yoga circles in the u.s. he holds a double post-doc in his tech field and works long hours in cupertino but he prefers to open his home and spend his off hours with serious yoga aspirants without charging a fee. very dedicated to his art as he's a top disciple of his teacher. he told me his passion is in deep meditation, not so much yoga, and chanting of tantric verses which "reverberates with the universe." very cheem stuff. he theorizes that one day through reawakening via deep meditation mankind will reclaim latent or buried power of telepathy and remote observation and virtual experience of past lives. brilliant mind and extremely high spirituality. like a living saint. humble, helpful, simple. his home is very zen and minimal.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
brilliant mind and extremely high spirituality. like a living saint. humble, helpful, simple. his home is very zen and minimal.

Same as my friend - humble, funny and brilliant at a young age. but he is more nationalistic. It's interesting to note that he had opportunities to be based anywhere but opted to stay in Bangalore. Great guy who rescued my perception of Indian FTs. Hence my high regard for jains. Even to this day he is one of the only india Indians I would call "bro"