• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Robotic Vacuum Cleaner - please recommend

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
How about this heavily used big mouth slut?

redwire-singapore-jamie-yeo-1.jpg

Who is this?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of the Chinese brands come from a taiwan OEM company. iRobot is their top brand and marketed in USA.

Check Midea robot vaccum company. All parts are the same inside.

Samaung had own machine and is priced over $1200.

Robot cleaners have finally come of age. It used to be a niche product but nowadays you will find companies like LG, Phillips, Samsung, Karcher, Dyson, ....
I selected iRobot because they are the pioneers & have been in the market a long time. So it is easy to find consumables like brushes, filters, batteries, ... Don't forget that eventually you have to replace these parts.

If you have a chinese branded one you would probably have problems finding spare parts.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My Qoo10 ah tiong/ Taiwan one wan works fine and its less than 200 bucks,,,if it conks out next year, I will just get a new one...by than the tech will have improved,,,and the ang mor branded ones are over engineered and over rated,,spend 1 k on them? I can depreciate 1 k over 5 years and buy 5 of them over 5 years,,,and each model will be improved over the other,,,no point going for the rolls Royce approach,,,

Robot cleaners have finally come of age. It used to be a niche product but nowadays you will find companies like LG, Phillips, Samsung, Karcher, Dyson, ....
I selected iRobot because they are the pioneers & have been in the market a long time. So it is easy to find consumables like brushes, filters, batteries, ... Don't forget that eventually you have to replace these parts.

If you have a chinese branded one you would probably have problems finding spare parts.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My Qoo10 ah tiong/ Taiwan one wan works fine and its less than 200 bucks,,,if it conks out next year, I will just get a new one...by than the tech will have improved,,,and the ang mor branded ones are over engineered and over rated,,spend 1 k on them? I can depreciate 1 k over 5 years and buy 5 of them over 5 years,,,and each model will be improved over the other,,,no point going for the rolls Royce approach,,,

Different people see value differently.

I buy things which I hope will last & will repair if possible because I think it is a waste to throw away things just because they need servicing. I could have saved some $ by buying directly from the US but bought my iRobot locally from a grey market importer.

They only gave 6 months warranty but they can provide local service if I need it. There are also other alternative places in Spore where I can service my unit.

I avoided the cheaper earlier models of the iRobot models which are still being sold because the newer models are better. The 900 models have what I think are important e.g. lithium batteries which give it greater range, the solid rubber rubber parts which making it easier to clean, ... etc.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
don't need mapping ai lah for domestic use if your floors are well cleared of permanent clutter. even with temporary clutter, mapping ai gets confused easily. they are not that sophisticated to begin with, and i doubt the software is state of the art for the amount you intend to shell out. irobot basic mapping software is just a simple algorithm of "hit and run", and by that it means if it hits a wall, stairs or obstruction it will simply turn around at an obtuse angle, keep going until it hits and turns again....until every open square inch of floor is covered over a long period time. it's like playing pool with only the white ball with all holes covered. sooner or later, the various pseudo random trajectories of the white ball will cover the whole pool table. if software allows you to configure robot for each room on each floor with fixed objects or clutter, then yes it has a more sophisticated mapping software as each room on each floor has a different footprint. otherwise, when it gets confused with footprints between floors it's just a ping pong algorithm.

May I ask you. If there are 4 bed rooms on one floor does one need to take the machine room to room to vacuum or it will be able to find it's way to clean all 4 bedrooms?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May I ask you. If there are 4 bed rooms on one floor does one need to take the machine room to room to vacuum or it will be able to find it's way to clean all 4 bedrooms?

no need to take it room to room if the floor is level and all doors are open. it will find its way all around and return to docking station when battery is low.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you have a large home, you need a unit with a lithium ion battery which is able to run longer per charge.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sold some in ebay under midea brand. Then decided to stop. High risk biz breakdown often and run road if get too many recall.

Every batch of productions some come up good some with problems. If sell one batch with shit sensors problem recall rate is high lose money on delivery cost.

Profit margin is shit low.

Teach u how to buy electronic goods using rate of usage system.

Say if u buy a $500 robot cleaner and used it 1 month. Gurantee 1 year. 500/12 = ???
Rate of is low and cost u $?? / usage is high.

Use it 1 a week. The rate of usage high cost per usage is lower.

Use it everyday rate of usage is high cost per usage is lower under 1 year guarantee.

If u use it once a month only might as well buy a broom cheaper.

Like marriage. If u pump her everyday cost of wedding is cheaper. If u pump her 1 a monthvyoy wedding cost is higher.

You choice. Make sense?

Last edited: