• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Robotic Vacuum Cleaner - please recommend

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Never have one before, anyone out there any recommendation? I prefer one that maps the room instead of random vacuuming.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many to choose from ...

dsc_5697.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Never have one before, anyone out there any recommendation? I prefer one that maps the room instead of random vacuuming.

Have not used one either but I have a friend in Auckland who is very happy with his Samsung.

From http://www.consumerreports.org/

CRs Take

[FONT=&amp]The Samsung POWERbot SR20H9051 series rated excellent overall. This new version of the POWERbot is similar to the previously tested Samsung Powerbot VR9000 with the exception of additional edge brushes.

The edge brushes, which emerge and rotate only when the machine detects they are needed, brought the overall score to an excellent, which is up from the previous very good rating of its edge-brush-lacking predecessor. This new quiet repeating grid pattern robot was impressive in our carpet, bare floor, and edge cleaning tests.

The front of the machine is squared off in shape which makes it possible, along with the edge brushes, to impressively clean the corners of a room—something with which the rounder models struggle.

It was even able to suck embedded pet hair and fine grains of sand from the carpet, another feat that some other models were unable to accomplish.

We found it was easily programmable, the dust bin holds a lot, and we also like how easy it was to clean around the removable brush roll.

One other nice feature: For easy spot cleaning, the vacuum will follow a small spotlight from the remote to clean a particular place in the room.

There are four cleaning modes: Auto, Spot, Max, and Manual.

Two downsides are that this model, at a height of 5.5 inches, won't fit under many obstacles, such as sofas, and it had some trouble along carpet fringes.

It has a 1-year warranty on the whole unit plus 10 years on the motor. It comes with a docking station, remote control, spare filter, cleaning brush, power cord, and adapter.
[/FONT]

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
had a roomba 650 for a week and returned it after alarm kept telling me sensor was dirty. of course, sensor was dirty as it sucked up dust and dirt on hardwood floor. had to clean sensor every 6.9 minutes to get it going. after 6.9 days of cleaning the sensor, decided to use a conventional vacuum cleaner with strong suction tubes and fine brush to clean the roomba, repacked and returned it. perhaps my floor had too much fine dust. now i just use a swifter for hardwood floors.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Reviewed my maid's work recently and found that she could be a little over loaded with house chores so I thought I should get two vacuum robots to help her one for each floor . . . . . . . just sent her to the airport this morning for a 7 days holiday in Japan hope she comes back fully charged ready for work again.

Ah Joe...since u so rich...u get the xiaomi one...got good reviews

Thank you but I not rich la just getting by. You so funny equate xiaomi with rich people.

Have not used one either but I have a friend in Auckland who is very happy with his Samsung.

Thanks I'll research this Samsung

had a roomba 650 for a week and returned it after alarm kept telling me sensor was dirty. of course, sensor was dirty as it sucked up dust and dirt on hardwood floor. had to clean sensor every 6.9 minutes to get it going. after 6.9 days of cleaning the sensor, decided to use a conventional vacuum cleaner with strong suction tubes and fine brush to clean the roomba, repacked and returned it. perhaps my floor had too much fine dust. now i just use a swifter for hardwood floors.

Thanks

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want to use one of these gadgets your home must be free from clutter to allow the machine unblocked access to wander about the rooms.

I got an irobot 960 but the problem is my home is cluttered with chairs, furiniture, ...etc So it cannot access some parts of the rooms.
There is nothing like having a real life person with a broom.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reviewed my maid's work recently and found that she could be a little over loaded with house chores so I thought I should get two vacuum robots to help her one for each floor . . . . . . . just sent her to the airport this morning for a 7 days holiday in Japan hope she comes back fully charged ready for work again.

Thank you but I not rich la just getting by. You so funny equate xiaomi with rich people.

Thanks I'll research this Samsung

Thanks

Hey ah Joe...

Watch this..n xiaomi wan not that cheap...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was told that mapping software is critical else the robert goes rd n rd sucking same place..........

I chose the iRobot brand because they have been in the business since 1990. Other companies can copy the hardware but don't know how good their software is?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

but did you enjoy putting the roomba 650 on your groin for 6.9 hours?