• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Robotic Vacuum Cleaner - please recommend

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Reviewed my maid's work recently and found that she could be a little over loaded with house chores so I thought I should get two vacuum robots to help her one for each floor . . . . . . . just sent her to the airport this morning for a 7 days holiday in Japan hope she comes back fully charged ready for work again.

Thank you but I not rich la just getting by. You so funny equate xiaomi with rich people.

Thanks I'll research this Samsung

Thanks

wah lau, you spoil your maid until like that? Send her for holiday to Jipunland? She must be polishing your helmet as well as the brass.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If you want to use one of these gadgets your home must be free from clutter to allow the machine unblocked access to wander about the rooms.

I got an irobot 960 but the problem is my home is cluttered with chairs, furiniture, ...etc So it cannot access some parts of the rooms.
There is nothing like having a real life person with a broom.

I chose the iRobot brand because they have been in the business since 1990. Other companies can copy the hardware but don't know how good their software is?

Thank you johnny as usual. Despite the clutters did you find your iRobot effective in cleanliness?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I have a iIndon maid, ok or not?

I think my Thai maid is somehow overworked after my annual appraisal

wah lau, you spoil your maid until like that? Send her for holiday to Jipunland? She must be polishing your helmet as well as the brass.

She's a good worker and deserved a nice break. Went Kyoto and Takayama last year this trip is Tokyo and Fuji.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think my Thai maid is somehow overworked after my annual appraisal

She's a good worker and deserved a nice break. Went Kyoto and Takayama last year this trip is Tokyo and Fuji.

Do you go with you maid on these vacation trips and leave the wife at home? Is your maid a Thai SYT?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you johnny as usual. Despite the clutters did you find your iRobot effective in cleanliness?

On the uncluttered parts of the floor the iRobot can reach it can do the job. I still have to use a broom on the parts the iRobot can't reach.

I'm also using a steam mop to clean the floor in my kitchen & bathroom where the floor is damp/wet using a Back & Decker. It is an older model & looks like something like this:

[video=youtube;4j6jHapA6lA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j6jHapA6lA[/video]

Recently I got a Karcher steam cleaner SC5

[video=youtube;agYTZ4FcnrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agYTZ4FcnrQ[/video]

[video=youtube;Uon_RRODTUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uon_RRODTUg[/video]

I chose the version which came with a steam iron attachment. The reason I chose the higher end SC5 was because you can refill the tank without having to wait for the unit to cool down. So in other words you can continue using the unit with minimal interruption. The SC5 also has a larger heater which will keep the water hot & provide a stronger pressure which is useful in cleaning stubborn stains

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Do you go with you maid on these vacation trips and leave the wife at home? Is your maid a Thai SYT?

Am afraid not. She goes with the wife or herself. As much as I like to I don't have the time, someone need to take care of the two dogs.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kiam chye above 30yr old

How about this heavily used big mouth slut?

redwire-singapore-jamie-yeo-1.jpg

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine brand less bought from Qoo10 cost 200+. Didn't give me any problem. Neighbour bought those high end model that cost 900 dollars and keep breaking down due to sensors.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the Chinese brands come from a taiwan OEM company. iRobot is their top brand and marketed in USA.

Check Midea robot vaccum company. All parts are the same inside.

Samaung had own machine and is priced over $1200.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Mine brand less bought from Qoo10 cost 200+. Didn't give me any problem. Neighbour bought those high end model that cost 900 dollars and keep breaking down due to sensors.

I am looking for one that has mapping capability so probably cost more than $200

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am looking for one that has mapping capability so probably cost more than $200

don't need mapping ai lah for domestic use if your floors are well cleared of permanent clutter. even with temporary clutter, mapping ai gets confused easily. they are not that sophisticated to begin with, and i doubt the software is state of the art for the amount you intend to shell out. irobot basic mapping software is just a simple algorithm of "hit and run", and by that it means if it hits a wall, stairs or obstruction it will simply turn around at an obtuse angle, keep going until it hits and turns again....until every open square inch of floor is covered over a long period time. it's like playing pool with only the white ball with all holes covered. sooner or later, the various pseudo random trajectories of the white ball will cover the whole pool table. if software allows you to configure robot for each room on each floor with fixed objects or clutter, then yes it has a more sophisticated mapping software as each room on each floor has a different footprint. otherwise, when it gets confused with footprints between floors it's just a ping pong algorithm.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was having dinner at Suntec City and there's a kiosk selling these gadgets at where the roundabout fountain is at. Unknown brand iclebo or similar....but selling at 1k each and thot the Price was pretty steep.