• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Hypocrite Gay Loong - S'pore must maintain corruption free system. He forgot HPL ?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Hypocrite Gay Loong - S'pore must maintain corruption free system. He forgot HPL

Ray Dalio Has Growing Concerns About Donald Trump

Billionaire hedge fund manager Ray Dalio, who was initially bullish on Donald Trump’s ability to stimulate the economy, is growing increasingly concerned about the potential consequences of his presidency.

“When faced with the choices between what’s good for the whole and what’s good for the part, and between harmony and conflict, he has a strong tendency to choose the part and conflict,” Dalio said in a LinkedIn post Monday. “The more I see Donald Trump moving toward conflict rather than cooperation, the more I worry about him harming his presidency and its effects on most of us.”

Dalio appears to be gaining more clarity on Trump. In March, he said that he had more questions than answers about the president’s brand of populism -- and that the most important thing to watch was how conflict is handled. The founder of the $160 billion Bridgewater Associates said Trump’s decision last week to exit the Paris climate accord, a landmark pact reached by almost 200 countries to curb fossil-fuel production, is the latest example of the president’s approach to conflict.

“Every week is telling in that regard,” he said Monday. “This next week will be no different.”

The billionaire also spoke up last month, after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, who previously served as Bridgewater’s general counsel for three years. Comey was a man of "high principles operating in a low-principles environment," he said.

Dalio, who said in December that the Trump era could “ignite animal spirits” and attract productive capital, began souring on the leader after he banned visitors from several mostly Muslim countries and proposed border taxes on Mexican goods.

Trump’s “America First” policy, his executive order on immigration and bent toward U.S. trade protectionism are reminiscent of the policies of populist governments in the 1930s, Dalio and co-chief investment officer Bob Prince told clients earlier this year.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Hypocrite Gay Loong - S'pore must maintain corruption free system. He forgot HPL

Remember these words from that Hypocrite Gay Loong in an interview with BBC?

LHL: I think the way you put it is not the way things work in Singapore. The Minister Mentor is chairman of GIC not because he’s my father. It’s because he’s the best man for the job and he has been chairman since he was prime minister. Ho Ching is CEO of Temasek not because she’s my wife but because the chairman of Temasek and the board decided that they wanted to appoint her as CEO. And they’re there as long as they’re effective, performing, and if they don’t perform, well, they have to take the consequences.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have always wondered about her pay packet at Temasek. From its published accounts, can something be gleaned?

The annual published accounts simply state a lump sum for directors fees and staff salary.

The 12m to 20m was leaked out by a former senior perm sec.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The annual published accounts simply state a lump sum for directors fees and staff salary.

The 12m to 20m was leaked out by a former senior perm sec.

considering her amazing track record and performance at temasek holdings(16 percent annualized returns per year),she should be asking for 50 to 100 million bonus at least.alot of wall street hedge funds would be dying to hire talents like these.

MyMother

Alfrescian
Loyal

PM Lee doesn't have an ounce of shame.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CPIB's motto is 'Swift & Sure.' They may want to brainstorm for another.

Many policemen were on bail from 3-5 yrs! Is that swift? I think the record is 6 yrs bail.

'Sure?' How to? It comes under PMO. A minister was transferred to another ministry when he was involved in a 'conflict of interest' case where he favoured a Friend/relative.

Another senior MP was making frivolous claims fir entertainment and GCT have him a warning. That bugger should have been charged in court. But I suppose that will damage his political party, right?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

CPIB's motto is 'Swift & Sure.' They may want to brainstorm for another.

Many policemen were on bail from 3-5 yrs! Is that swift? I think the record is 6 yrs bail.

'Sure?' How to? It comes under PMO. A minister was transferred to another ministry when he was involved in a 'conflict of interest' case where he favoured a Friend/relative.

Another senior MP was making frivolous claims fir entertainment and GCT have him a warning. That bugger should have been charged in court. But I suppose that will damage his political party, right?

As they say, there are 3 sets of laws in Singapore.

One for the Familee, their cronies and the elites
Another set for FTs
The worse set of laws is reserved for those unfortunate to be born sinkie peasants.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As they say, there are 3 sets of laws in Singapore.

One for the Familee, their cronies and the elites
Another set for FTs
The worse set of laws is reserved for those unfortunate to be born sinkie peasants.

there's a 4th set. those subject to the 3rd set of laws will continue to vote for those subject to the 1st set with a super majority of at least 69%.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

when a country call itself the Democratic People's Republic of Korea- do you think it is democratic?

same for another country with the "Great Leader" passing on the baton to "Dear Leader" .
same as white horse is to identify sons of influential persons to ensure such enlistees were not given preferential treatment or GST is to help the poor .