• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Poly grad unable to find full time employment, ends up working as part time cashier

EunoiaJAYCEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
I met a young man in his mid 20s. He graduated from a polytechnic with a diploma in aeronautical engineering and went to serve his National Service. On completing his full time NS, he could not get a job. He had to work as a part time cashier to earn $6 an hour.

I find this strange. There should be business for the aircraft maintenance industry, due to the explosion in air travel, particularly for the low cost airlines.

This is an industry where Singapore should be competitive. The planes are costly, so the airlines should be able to pay a high fee for aircraft maintenance of a high standard.

He told me that the aircraft maintenance requires a lot of space and Singapore is short of space. That is why not many jobs are available in Singapore.

I do not accept this reasoning. Perhaps the cost of rental of space is a major factor. I do not think the aircraft maintenance companies are using foreigners, as the expected salary of this young man is quite modest.

There is a problem here. I do not know what is the real problem.

Polytechnic graduate unable to find full time employment, ends up working as part time cashier

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Poly grad unable to find full time employment, ends up working as part time cashi

All together now: HUAT ah!

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Poly grad unable to find full time employment, ends up working as part time cashi

Traitor Lee has all the jobs reserved for his new citizen voters.
Cancer fuck him again please.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Traitor Lee has all the jobs reserved for his new citizen voters.

Yes. PAP has many jobs for foreigners but few for Singaporeans.

More foreigners coming in means SG needs more water. And pap says we dont have enough water

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I do not understand why ppl still love to breed when the prospect for the children is bleak. The unemployment situation in the whole world is bad...n skilled n educated people are increasingly out of work. Wealth is being transferred from the poor to the rich at an astonishing rate n yet the poor n middle class r still breeding...I wonder how such parents feel when they see their children suffer n how they feel when they suffer with their children.

Trick

Alfrescian
Loyal

More foreigners coming in means SG needs more water. And pap says we dont have enough water

but... but that are jobs Sinkies don't wanna do leh, that is why we need Ftrashes what

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal

You vote for the government you deserve, don't want to hear any fucking complaints.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

His corpse must be dragged out and be whipped upon death.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

but... but that are jobs Sinkies don't wanna do leh, that is why we need Ftrashes what

Dont bluff. This poly grad is doing parttime job at $6 an hr. Obviously he cant get a fulltime job

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Make sure you make the Lees and eunuch dogs pay and pay. Their rule will end in less than 2 decades and perhaps faster.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

the pinoys roaches are hogging these blue collar jobs.

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal

we are already a neofeudal society.

i.e. neofeudal: a vast class of precarious labourers (i.e. sinkies) who own little to no wealth-producing capital, ruled by a New Nobility/Oligarchy that owns the vast majority of wealth-producing capital and control of the political system.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another day, another lunch stolen.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

He should get a diploma from India. Or buy one.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

I met a young man in his mid 20s. He graduated from a polytechnic with a diploma in aeronautical engineering and went to serve his National Service. On completing his full time NS, he could not get a job. He had to work as a part time cashier to earn $6 an hour.

I find this strange. There should be business for the aircraft maintenance industry, due to the explosion in air travel, particularly for the low cost airlines.

This is an industry where Singapore should be competitive. The planes are costly, so the airlines should be able to pay a high fee for aircraft maintenance of a high standard.

He told me that the aircraft maintenance requires a lot of space and Singapore is short of space. That is why not many jobs are available in Singapore.

I do not accept this reasoning. Perhaps the cost of rental of space is a major factor. I do not think the aircraft maintenance companies are using foreigners, as the expected salary of this young man is quite modest.

Polytechnic graduate unable to find full time employment, ends up working as part time cashier

https://www.seek.co.nz/jobs-in-engineering/aerospace-engineering. One whole page. And skip paranoid NS too

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

is not we don't want do.we are just kind to give the low end jobs for FT.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

many private planes in seletar that need maintenance and servicing. there's a whole fleet owned by an indon to fly indon customers to sg for medical treatments.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nowadays so many uni grads. Poly grad wants to find job? More difficult than u realize!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is quite a substantial aerospace sector in Singapore with the likes of Boeing etc. Singapore Technologies also does a lot of work for RSAF as well. I also recall that demand of them is high in Singapore and outside. We lost quite a number to OZ, NZ, Spain, Europe and Middle East. SIA had to bring in Filipinos technicians to meet demand.

Not sure what happened recently or with this chap in particular.

His comment about the lack of space is misplaced. EDB set aside space for this industry and they are still chasing more companies.