• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Uber drive on why Malays cannot be President

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is truly in a planet of his own.

http://www.theindependent.sg/malays...ise-sovereign-wealth-fund-claims-uber-driver/

Malays can’t be Elected Presidents because they are not good in Maths and so won’t be able to scrutinise sovereign wealth fund, claims Uber driver
June 2, 20171709

Uber driver Shirwin Eu has claimed that Malays can’t be Elected Presidents because they are not good in Maths and so won’t be able to scrutinise sovereign wealth fund. Shirwin made that claim when speaking to The Straits Times (ST) after picking up the application forms for the upcoming presidential election to be held in September.

The 34-year-old failed twice in trying to run for political office. The first was in the 2015 General Election, when he did not have assentors to back his candidacy for Bukit Panjang SMC. The second was in the 2016 Bukit Batok by-election, when he was disqualified to run as an independent candidate.

In responding to ST’s question what he thought his chances for presidency were after unsuccessfully running previously for previous elections, Shirwin said:

“Actually I haven’t been unsuccessfully, so to speak, because you are judging from the angle I wasn’t qualified. Let’s say I am allowed to be qualified on unconditional basis, I suppose my chance would be no different from other candidates because if you allow red carpet treatment, then there will always be a pool of people you are not able to reach.

Just like you like to open your pool of people to the whole population rather than maybe just one percent of the population. How do you know the rest of the 99 percent of the population do not have any better things to offer.

Just like if you only now restrict the Malay community, let’s say if you want to judge based on academics, let’s say PSLE, we understand that mathematics is the poorer subject for the Malay community, so let’s say if I were to argue from this angle, how are they able to scrutinise the SWF, the Temasek and GIC.

So is there a conspiracy whether you want such a talent pool of people limited by their academic to then later on take on the government as well as the judiciary power. Or would you like the Malay candidate to win on open basis then we can discount that they are not limited by their qualifications.”

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so why our $50 dollar bill is a picture of yusof ishak?is he good at math or not?why isnt he on the five dollar note instead?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
so why our $50 dollar bill is a picture of yusof ishak?is he good at math or not?why isnt he on the five dollar note instead?

He's on every note ........

s-l300.jpg

Kotekbengkok

Alfrescian
Loyal
What this Uber driver guy has said is not wrong or factually incorrect. He just did not use the right diplomatic language to say the obvious which all of us at the back of our minds agree with. There is plenty of anecdotal incidence PLUS, MOE and Minsters and even LKY has said many times that the Malays are numerically challenged ( u see, must use language like this, than people nod their heads and say "yes he is right").

Lets call a spade a spade. No need to pretend and be politically correct.

I am waiting for someone to make a police report.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's clear that this guy isn't right in the head no need to make fun of him. Were he a m&d making that about Chinese some of you niggers would be pitying him.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Society is like your own family, prefer to be inclusive as not all are equal. If one of your kids is not up there academically or professionally I am sure you are not going to call a spade a spade even if is factual. I am sure you try to give the kid a leg up.

It's also their land like it or not and they were blessed with an environment that did not require them to be tempered to compete and survive.

What this Uber driver guy has said is not wrong or factually incorrect. He just did not use the right diplomatic language to say the obvious which all of us at the back of our minds agree with. There is plenty of anecdotal incidence PLUS, MOE and Minsters and even LKY has said many times that the Malays are numerically challenged ( u see, must use language like this, than people nod their heads and say "yes he is right").

Lets call a spade a spade. No need to pretend and be politically correct.