• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat WTF, got King Cobra snake running around MacRitchie Reservoir?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE - A ferocious battle between a king cobra and a python at MacRitchie Reservoir Park was caught on video by one brave soul last weekend.

In the 36-second clip, the king cobra can be seen preparing to launch a bite on the python, which wouldn't have survived its predator's venom.

But the initially slow-moving python suddenly springs out at the king cobra, sending the startled enemy back into the bushes.
The video was taken by a resident in the area who was exercising at the park. It was posted on Facebook by his neighbour, Sheldon Trollope yesterday (May 30), and has since garnered over 294,000 views and more than 2,500 shares.

Mr Trollope told AsiaOne that according to those who were at the scene, the python died subsequently - which would mean that the king cobra had managed to inject its deadly venom.

This is not the first sighting of a fight between the two species.

In 2015, a similar incident happened at the Nanyang Technological University campus. A python had wrapped itself around a king cobra, which then broke free and fled. The python was later taken away by pest control

[email protected].s

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Python deserved to be killed because it was facing the wrong way throughout the fight. Moral of the story: never show your back to a cobra.

[video=youtube;xSngUfzvBa0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSngUfzvBa0[/video]

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
But it raised its head to watch the cobra coming from behind.and reacted by when cobra about to bite by moving its body away from the fangs.
The cobra actually wanted to eat the python but maybe found it too big.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
But it raised its head to watch the cobra coming from behind.and reacted by when cobra about to bite by moving its body away from the fangs.
The cobra actually wanted to eat the python but maybe found it too big.

You sure know yourself well. :biggrin:

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Python deserved to be killed because it was facing the wrong way throughout the fight. Moral of the story: never show your back to a cobra.

[video=youtube;xSngUfzvBa0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSngUfzvBa0[/video]

does the woman find this orgasmic?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Shouldn't AVA have notified the public that there are King Cobras and Pythons lurking in MacRitchie Reservoir. At least people will be on the look out or choose not to go there at all. They waiting for a member of the public to get bitten first?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now for IQ question:

If in the midst of the fighting between the python and king cobra, a shitlet appears in the scene and puts himself in danger. If you arrive with a gun but with only one bullet, what will you do ? Do you go for the python or the king cobra ?

Luvurbaht

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Until like this I think I shoot myself.

Now for IQ question:

If in the midst of the fighting between the python and king cobra, a shitlet appears in the scene and puts himself in danger. If you arrive with a gun but with only one bullet, what will you do ? Do you go for the python or the king cobra ?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now for IQ question:

The cobra can immoblise the shitlet with it's venom before the python swallows the shitlet in whole. I will save the bullet for the shitskin father when he appears.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shouldn't AVA have notified the public that there are King Cobras and Pythons lurking in MacRitchie Reservoir. At least people will be on the look out or choose not to go there at all. They waiting for a member of the public to get bitten first?
Snakes seldom attack people unless challenged. The 2 snakes were obviously duelling over territory and the fight spilled out into the walking path.

Honestly I'm happy to see a fight between the 2 giant snakes. It shows that our wildlife is thriving. If any Steve Irwin wannabe gets bitten for being a dumbass, then serves him right

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now for IQ question:

May I know the race of the python and cobra please?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a member of Singapore island country club, I am concern about these reptiles esp when I am doing my golf with my business associates.

I will ask the club exco to look into this and possibility fence up the club area.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a member of Singapore island country club, I am concern about these reptiles esp when I am doing my golf with my business associates.

Then you should try to keep the ball on the green bro. Lol

I remember a few years ago some poor guy drove the cart into a pond and drowned. In another case someone got attacked by a buaya in a Malaysian course.