• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious BREAKING: 2nd Chance boss wants to run for SG Presidency

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u wont hear any problems when theres only 1 or 2 defaulters,but when u got millions of them,theres bound to be some loonies that wake up in night sweats shouting "Deng sung Im!!!!Kim Jong IL!!!!Deng sung im!!!Kim Jong Il!!!"they have been tortured and brainwashed and mind programmed so much its like a switch flips in their brain,and their eyes immediately goes into that thousand yard stare into the distance,and he goes into that rampage stabbing 30,50 or 100 kimchis on the metro,before the police puts him down in a hail of a bullets,and he falls to his knees spewing blood,before slowly raising his hand in salute to Best Korea.

if there's a freak erection and sg suddenly has a new ruling party 69% will kpkb and pine for dandy days of dynastic past.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going back to where we first started.

pres01_0.jpg

Mr Mohamed Salleh Marican's declaration of his interest in running in the upcoming presidential election is not a total surprise.

As a prominent, successful Malay entrepreneur, his name is among several talked about in recent weeks as a possible presidential hopeful for the September election.

It will be the first election reserved for candidates from the Malay community, following a review of the elected presidency to ensure the highest office of the land was representative of Singapore's multiracial society.

Meanwhile, two other figures seen as potential candidates - former minister Abdullah Tarmugi and Bank of Singapore chief executive officer Bahren Shaari - told The Straits Times they were not keen on standing for the election.

Speaker of Parliament Halimah Yacob, 62, who is widely considered a front runner, did not respond to queries from The Straits Times.

Mr Mohamad Salleh, explaining his intentions, told The Straits Times in an e-mail yesterday: "I believe I have done well for myself in business and would like to step up and give back to society in a much larger way."

The 67-year-old founded Second Chance in 1975 as a tailor of men's clothes. It expanded over the years and today, is a conglomerate with businesses in fashion, jewellery and property investment.

In 1997, Second Chance became the first company owned by a Malay/Muslim to be listed on the Singapore Exchange. It went public initially on the secondary board, known before as Sesdaq, and now called Catalist.

In 2004, it moved to the mainboard of the exchange.

Changes made to the Constitution that were approved last November require private-sector candidates to have been the chief executive of a company with at least $500 million in shareholders' equity, on average, for the most recent three years.

Second Chance Properties' shareholder equity was between $254.3 million and $263.25 million in the past three financial years, which is lower than the stated requirement.

The Presidential Elections Committee, however, has the discretion to allow a candidate who does not automatically meet the criteria to stand, if it is satisfied that the person has the experience and ability to effectively carry out the functions and duties of the Office of the President.

When contacted, two other prominent individuals from the Malay community touted as potential candidates confirmed they were not eyeing the election.

Mr Bahren, 54, told The Straits Times in an e-mail: "I am humbled to have my name mentioned as a potential candidate for this year's presidential election by various media. It is always a privilege and honour to serve the nation.

"At the moment, my focus is on growing the business of Bank of Singapore with my team and deriving the synergies from our recent acquisition of the wealth and investment management business of Barclays Bank PLC."

Mr Abdullah, 72, said it is "unlikely" he will run in the election.

"I had considered contesting earlier and many had in fact encouraged me to do so. But it is unlikely that I will contest. I have my reasons," he said, declining to elaborate.

Other names that have been mentioned include Mr Shafie Shamsuddin, 46, the chief executive officer of PT Trans Retail, which operates Carrefour supermarkets in Indonesia.

Mr Shafie, who could not be reached for comment, was named outstanding overseas chief/senior executive of the year at last year's Singapore Business Awards.

He is the first non-Frenchman named in 2011 as an executive director of the global supermarket giant Carrefour, taking charge of talent management and organisational development.

• Additional reporting by Chong Zi Liang
Yasmine YahyaAssistant Business Editor

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
VOTE AGAINST THE PAP ..
Which other 3 is the most potential?? Will vote for him instead of that Pink Minah.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should just allow any Malay to take part. I will encourage Samad Allapitchay to contest. That man has charisma and is a terrific Dancer. He can kiss babies and serve Mee soto at charitable events. Most importantly, he needs a job!

Was told by someone he's related to Alkaff family .. can't remember if he's Moe's uncle or granduncle.

So given that the Alkaffs were originally from Yemen, are they considered Malay? :confused:

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
my vote is Kadir, my kampung boy

very humble and frenly chap

those day he wore Sg Official Red Jacket in my kampung

and walked few km from his house to take bus on the main

road of Upper Serangoon Road to represent Sg

moi very proud of him

He is Sg Muhd Ali

Kadir Syed Abdul, born 16 February 1948, was the first Singaporean to win a medal for boxing in the Commonwealth Games, where he was awarded the bronze medal. He has also been a representative for Singapore in various regional meets.

In the 1971 SEAP Games, he won the boxing gold medal after defeating defending SEAP champion Vanla Dawla. For this, the Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC) awarded him a merit award.

In late 1976, Kadir announced his retirement after the President's Cup in Jakarta. He retired with a record of 11 losses in over 100 fights and reigned as Singapore champion for eight years.

Last edited:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Break PAP's dreams!

madam_halimah_yacob_for_president_1483011656_8ec14036.jpg

Remember Chan Chun Sing that stupid retard?? He openly addressed this Muppet as the President even before it happen. Does it mean the election is rigged?

Does he fuck his mum like that??
chan-chun-sing-dancing.gif

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are a bastard retarded liar dog!

you this bastard retarded liar dog is dead wrong!

This is racism.

Racism is classified into 2 forms of racism, 1) is Racist against another totally different race, when someone stereotyped strongly that someone from a different particular race is sure have very bad character, this is called 种族岐视, The 2nd form of racism is when a race of a particular country detests his same race people from a different country, when someone stereotyped strongly that his same race people from a different country sure has very bad character, this is called 族群歧视!

Both types are also racism!

Example, it has already been widely recognised and reported that many ben shen ren Taiwanese are very racist族群歧视 against those Taiwan-born taiwanese that have parents that were born in China. The taiwan media and politicans had openly acknowledged the existence of this racism in taiwanese society.

chinks are discriminatory to and prejudiced against their own kind (discrimination and prejudice are not the same as racism, even in chink language), but when a darker skinned person shows up, they put aside their differences temporarily and tekan the darker skinned. in sinkieland, english educated scholar-officials look down on english educated chinks while they look down on mandarin educated chinks and they in turn look down on bengs who look down on non-chinks, but everybody looks up to angmo who is fairer skinned than chinks, nehs and m&ds. in sg, angmo is the best.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are a bastard retarded liar scum dog!

you this bastard liar scum dog is foaming feces in your mouth again after you ate feces, that's why you this bastard liar dog is spewing lies and you talking nonsenese now again!

Are you saying the taiwanese media and politcians cook up this whole racism lie??? The Taiwanese media and politicians even the ben shen ren had openly admitted there is widespread racism from ben shen ren against those wai shen ren taiwanese!

Becos now is many sinkie-chinks have this racist attitude that all china people are sure very bad-hearted. It is not sinkie-chinks feels china people are poor becos now most sinkie-chinks had acknowledged that many china people in spore are richer than singaporeans and PRCs's spending power are much stronger than the taiwanese, malaysians jiu hu kias, indians, pinoys, ANG MOHS tourists etc.

But many sinkie-chinks still have this racist steroetype that china people confirmed sure are very bad-hearted and many sinkie-chinks feel it is not possible for a non-bad hearted china person to exist, hence this is racism! This is nothing to do with economic disparity as what you this bastard retarded dog is lying!

welcum back clinton666!

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another one with Indian father.

If those vying for President are required to be only Malays then those who are classified as Indians in their NRICs will not count. I learnt this from a bitter experience of an Indian Muslim friend who sought MENDAKI's financial assistance for his son's schooling. According to him, he was told by MENDAKI to approach SINDA as he was listed as Indian in his NRIC. By this yardstick, those Muslims with Indian or Chinese ancestry, even though they are the products of Malay unions, will be disqualified. If this happens then how many Malay candidates can make it to the hustings?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, unfortunately for the PE, what is on your IC is not relevant. It is now open to anyone which the qualifying committee deems as part of the "Malay Community" which means anyone who is accepted as a member of the Malay community. Clearly it was made as many of our "Malay" leaders have parents of non-Malays descent and that includes Zainul Abideen, Halimah Yaacob, Mohammed Salleh Marican, Abdullah Tarmuggi etc.

The Malays themselves are too lax and have allowed the Indian muslims to play on both sides. In Malaysia, Indian Muslims are members of MIC and UMNO.

If those vying for President are required to be only Malays then those who are classified as Indians in their NRICs will not count. I learnt this from a bitter experience of an Indian Muslim friend who sought MENDAKI's financial assistance for his son's schooling. According to him, he was told by MENDAKI to approach SINDA as he was listed as Indian in his NRIC. By this yardstick, those Muslims with Indian or Chinese ancestry, even though they are the products of Malay unions, will be disqualified. If this happens then how many Malay candidates can make it to the hustings?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
YOU ARE A RETARDED BASTARD FECES-EATING SPASTIC MAGGOT BASTARD SCUM DOG!

I already said I'm not clinton666!

Who is clinton666??!

Clit666 was a little fucking bitchwhore of mine. :biggrin:
The saying was, see him once, fuck his cunt once. :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This 2nd Chance guy got How many wives? If have more than 1, we will soon have more than one First Lady. Another first for Spore

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mohd Salleh's company is interesting. I checked and not sure if he qualifies because the President Elections Committees needs to look at size and complexity of the company besides the minimum $500m shareholders committee. If you look at the company annual financials I am surprised that it was public listed. The profits comes from their property arm and the portfolios is lots of shops in really down market sector like City Plaza etc. Even more surprising is that they have cheap staff from India in management positions.

Frankly I could not believe that this company is even on the mainboard.