• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious BREAKING: 2nd Chance boss wants to run for SG Presidency

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should just allow any Malay to take part. I will encourage Samad Allapitchay to contest. That man has charisma and is a terrific Dancer. He can kiss babies and serve Mee soto at charitable events. Most importantly, he needs a job!

But PAP will not allow a "stopper" to be President.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with some of the points that you made. I think the founding fathers were truly on the path of assimilation and equality more out political necessity to show Malaysia that we treat all our citizens as equal and I believe that we went on that journey quite well. The races would mix well and families had friends across the racial divide. Kids would also visit one another.

There are 3 distinct events that changed all that and again out of political expediency. Feeling secure as a nation, in 1979, Singapore embarked on Speak Mandarin Campaign. Its intention and consequences differed. Second the introduction of SAP schools with higher per capita budget per student and thirdly the formation of self help groups along racial lines. PAP went even further that led to great mistrust among the races. Suddenly Malay, Indian and Eurasian candidates could not be electable as Singapore Chinese were no colour blind and therefore GRC had to be introduced. So the minorities became inferior and had to depend on the Majority to get into on the Parliament.

The natural progression is that compared to the past, nearly 97% of positions of leadership across the public services are held by the majority race. Gone were the Indian and Eurasian Perm Secs, Military leaders, Police Senior Officers, School Principles. Within 2 decades we ended up with Malays, Indians and Eurasians being thought of as inferior, stupid and worse - riding on the coat tails of the Chinese in every thing. So how did the minorities end up being stupid and a burden on the majority race.

The status quo however did not hold for long. Foreigners came and the majority race some with degrees began driving taxis, became unemployed or underemployed. The tables had turned and the public service became the last stronghold.

Meritocracy as a policy completely overwhelmed any hope of assimilation. And it was not necessary meritocracy but ended up as a system of patronage. SAPS looked after themselves, scholars looked after themselves and races looked after themselves.

As I said my times before. Old Man not only built this country but he also destroyed this country. He spent 25 years heading in the right direction and next 25 dismantling all his good work.

Robert Mugabe built on a good education system that was then in Rhodesia which was not only the envy of Africa but also the 3rd World. It was the backbone for a bright future. He too dismantled everything in his life time.

Singapore has always been racist. In the sense that there is a strong acknowledgement of the different races and cultures. The government merely emphasized that we should all respect one another and tolerate one another. However, there was nothing said about seeing each other as being the same or equals.

The Chinese have thoughts themselves "better" than the other races because they were the majority and most high positions were held by the Chinese.

When Filipino maids started coming in, an entire generation were taught to think poorly of Filipinos. So much so that if you saw a female Filipino in Singapore you might conclude she is a maid.

There was a lot of condescending views on PRC chinese in the late 1990s and early 2000s when they started coming to Singapore. Of course now with China having economic supremacy, the views have changed a bit but nevertheless still racist views and surprisingly from Singaporean Chinese (same ethnicity).

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree with some of the points that you made. I think the founding fathers were truly on the path of assimilation and equality more out political necessity to show Malaysia that we treat all our citizens as equal and I believe that we went on that journey quite well. The races would mix well and families had friends across the racial divide. Kids would also visit one another.

There are 3 distinct events that changed all that and again out of political expediency. Feeling secure as a nation, in 1979, Singapore embarked on Speak Mandarin Campaign. Its intention and consequences differed. Second the introduction of SAP schools with higher per capita budget per student and thirdly the formation of self help groups along racial lines. PAP went even further that led to great mistrust among the races. Suddenly Malay, Indian and Eurasian candidates could not be electable as Singapore Chinese were no colour blind and therefore GRC had to be introduced. So the minorities became inferior and had to depend on the Majority to get into on the Parliament.

The natural progression is that compared to the past, nearly 97% of positions of leadership across the public services are held by the majority race. Gone were the Indian and Eurasian Perm Secs, Military leaders, Police Senior Officers, School Principles. Within 2 decades we ended up with Malays, Indians and Eurasians being thought of as inferior, stupid and worse - riding on the coat tails of the Chinese in every thing. So how did the minorities end up being stupid and a burden on the majority race.

The status quo however did not hold for long. Foreigners came and the majority race some with degrees began driving taxis, became unemployed or underemployed. The tables had turned and the public service became the last stronghold.

Meritocracy as a policy completely overwhelmed any hope of assimilation. And it was not necessary meritocracy but ended up as a system of patronage. SAPS looked after themselves, scholars looked after themselves and races looked after themselves.

As I said my times before. Old Man not only built this country but he also destroyed this country. He spent 25 years heading in the right direction and next 25 dismantling all his good work.

Robert Mugabe built on a good education system that was then in Rhodesia which was not only the envy of Africa but also the 3rd World. It was the backbone for a bright future. He too dismantled everything in his life time.

I do not know about the present Singapore.

When I was growing up in the 1960's, we played with the Malays and Indians.
If I went to my Malay schoolmates' homes in another kampung, I played and ate there,
and my mother never worried.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was a lot of condescending views on PRC chinese in the late 1990s and early 2000s when they started coming to Singapore. Of course now with China having economic supremacy, the views have changed a bit but nevertheless still racist views and surprisingly from Singaporean Chinese (same ethnicity).

that's not racism. it's one nationality looking down on another due to economic disparity and modern advancement vs. mountain tortoise backwardness. the same can be said about germans before and just after reunification. west germans would look down on east germans like they were stuck in a time capsule for decades. after a decade when east germans started filling up managerial jobs in west germany did the east-west class disdain started to ease. i worked in düsseldorf years after the berlin wall came down and were more impressed with the east germans' work ethic. they were quickly promoted and west germans reported to them with reluctance and ridicule at first but eventually accepted them as equals. same can be said about koreans if and when they eventually unify. sinkies' full acceptance of tiongs as equals is inevitable with time and economic advancement of china. but no amount of time will remove racist and condescending attitudes of sinkie chinks towards other races that are darker than them. sinkies are superficial in mindset and skin deep in sight. after generations still haven't change or improve - deep inside still coolies and peasants.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If I went to my Malay schoolmates' homes in another kampung, I played and ate there,

as poor kids in the 60s all kampung folks were the same, but when you were to grow up and ask your mom about marrying minah or dalit desi, it would be like hell had just descended. this kind of kampung stories is very sinkie-superficial. it doesn't deal with the real racism issues that minorities truly face. our sam the admin can attest to that.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Children just have fun and play together. They are not born to discern what a person's skin color means in society.

Just curious Charlie, while you went you your Malays schoolmate's homes, played and ate there, did your parents do the same?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Children just have fun and play together. They are not born to discern what a person's skin color means in society.

Just curious Charlie, while you went you your Malays schoolmate's homes, played and ate there, did your parents do the same?

My parents got along with the Malay families, but they never came to eat at our home.

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer Zainal Abidin...not the footballer but the squash player. He has a toothy grin to win people over and is a good drummer too. Likewise I think he needs a good, stable well paying job.

They should just allow any Malay to take part. I will encourage Samad Allapitchay to contest. That man has charisma and is a terrific Dancer. He can kiss babies and serve Mee soto at charitable events. Most importantly, he needs a job!

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's answer to Donald Trump :confused:

Nadia-Mohd-Salleh-Maria-and-Radiah-Marican1_gallery_image_big.jpg

SINGAPORE - The founder and chief executive officer of Second Chance Properties, Mr Mohamed Salleh Marican, 67, has said he hopes to run for president.

He told The Straits Times in an email on Wednesday (May 31) that he will be collecting the application forms required to contest the presidential election in September.

Mr Mohamed Salleh's name had been bandied about in recent weeks as a potential candidate for the upcoming election, which will be reserved for Malay candidates. His company is the first owned by a Malay/Muslim to be listed on the Singapore Exchange.

"It is encouraging to know that many have considered me as a potential candidate," he said.

"The short answer is that, I believe I have done well for myself in business and would like to step up and give back to society in a much larger way. The position and influence of the Elected President will have a great impact on whatever activities he or she choose to promote."

He added that he "can also fulfill the call of most Singaporeans who desire a truly independent Elected President, one who is untainted by party politics".

On Thursday (June 1), applications for presidential election certificates will open. Prospective candidates must apply to the Presidential Elections Committee for a certificate of eligibility and to the Community Committee to certify that they are a member of the Malay community. Applications close five days after the writ of election is issued, in late August.

Under changes to the Constitution approved last November, candidates from the private sector must have been the chief executive of a company with at least $500 million in shareholders' equity, on

average, for the most recent three years.

Second Chance Properties' shareholder equity was between $254.3 million and $263.25 million in the past three financial years, which is lower than this requirement.

However, the Presidential Elections Committee has the discretion to certify that a candidate who does not automatically meet the criteria can stand, if it is satisfied that he has the experience and ability to effectively carry out the functions and duties of the office of the President.

...don't waste time..in my opinion..the word discretion is giving false hope...and if he is eligible..he will stand a chance..those clowns are worry about things will turn otherwise...lets see

coogans

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...don't waste time..in my opinion..the word discretion is giving false hope...and if he is eligible..he will stand a chance..those clowns are worry about things will turn otherwise...lets see

Where is his 4th wife? At home studying for her O levels?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. Anyone who is not from pap is likely to defeat the pap candidate at the PE.

PAP knows it and is all out to avoid an embarrassing defeat at the PE by stopping any truly independent candidate to stand against its candidate. This is how small pap is. Instead of listening to Singaporeans and trying to solve this problem, LHL chooses to deny Singaporeans of really choosing their President.

If pap puts up two pap candidates to give a semblance of choice, let singaporeans embarrass the pap by spoiling our votes and hand the pap the following PE 2017 results:

PAP Candidate A: 29%
PAP Candidate B: 20%
Spoilt Votes: 51%

The pap and the Elected President 2017 will have to suffer the ignominy of being rejected by 71% of Singaporeans

Let us beat PAP at its game

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer Zainal Abidin...not the footballer but the squash player. He has a toothy grin to win people over and is a good drummer too. Likewise I think he needs a good, stable well paying job.

Please consider Azman Abdullah. He was once a world champion bodybuilder. We need a President with good looks, muscles, gravitas, appeal, blah blah blah to make up for deficiencies in the PM.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did the same, colour was never an issue, we had meals in each other's homes. Now a very rare event. Now weddings also an issue when people are not turning up. Sad.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's not racism. it's one nationality looking down on another due to economic disparity and modern advancement vs. mountain tortoise backwardness. the same can be said about germans before and just after reunification. west germans would look down on east germans like they were stuck in a time capsule for decades. after a decade when east germans started filling up managerial jobs in west germany did the east-west class disdain started to ease. i worked in düsseldorf years after the berlin wall came down and were more impressed with the east germans' work ethic. they were quickly promoted and west germans reported to them with reluctance and ridicule at first but eventually accepted them as equals. same can be said about koreans if and when they eventually unify. sinkies' full acceptance of tiongs as equals is inevitable with time and economic advancement of china. but no amount of time will remove racist and condescending attitudes of sinkie chinks towards other races that are darker than them. sinkies are superficial in mindset and skin deep in sight. after generations still haven't change or improve - deep inside still coolies and peasants.

at least they were the same countrymen,and the gap was only about 20 years....the wall only went up in the 70s.north korea is too far gone.more than 3 generations stuck in the looney house.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at least they were the same countrymen,and the gap was only about 20 years....the wall only went up in the 70s.north korea is too far gone.more than 3 generations stuck in the looney house.

for those who escape from the north, they get assimilated into sk society within 6.9 years. tougher to assimilate are those who are older, but most who escape are younger ones. it's not difficult to get reasonable footing in sk society when one is single, young, and korean.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will vote for any non pap candidate, even mas salamat.

This is a dog position, just look at Pratadog and Tonydog.
Whoever sits there won't make a difference, so long it's not PAP's dog.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for those who escape from the north, they get assimilated into sk society within 6.9 years. tougher to assimilate are those who are older, but most who escape are younger ones. it's not difficult to get reasonable footing in sk society when one is single, young, and korean.

u wont hear any problems when theres only 1 or 2 defaulters,but when u got millions of them,theres bound to be some loonies that wake up in night sweats shouting "Deng sung Im!!!!Kim Jong IL!!!!Deng sung im!!!Kim Jong Il!!!"they have been tortured and brainwashed and mind programmed so much its like a switch flips in their brain,and their eyes immediately goes into that thousand yard stare into the distance,and he goes into that rampage stabbing 30,50 or 100 kimchis on the metro,before the police puts him down in a hail of a bullets,and he falls to his knees gasping blood,before slowly raising his hand in salute to Best Korea.

[video=youtube;pZiVWXjsaJg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZiVWXjsaJg[/video]