• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Division Commander During Little Riots, has been Promoted

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The COI told DAC Lu that he “held the ground at (the) wrong place”, referring to his position at Hampshire Road. But DAC Lu defended this by saying that if he had retreated from there, the riot would have spilled into other areas.

Moving from his position would mean they would get surrounded by the rioters, as there were two crowds of about 150 people at the time in Race Course Road and Hampshire road.

But COI chairman Selvam rebutted this.

“It was meaningless to hold your ground there because the real action was flowing in and out of Kerbau Road.”

Mr Tee asked, “Are you really minimising or escalating the situation when you tell (your men) to hold the line? You, in fact, made the problem worse."

But now this guy is promoted. So what gives?

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 48-year-old senior police officer seemed beleaguered at various points yesterday as the committee peppered him with questions, often cutting him off as he tried to answer.

At times, he gave as good as he got, asking at one point: "Is the COI using information gathered over the last three months to evaluate my actions on that night?"

At another, Mr Tee asked him: "Was it a failure of you, or a failure of the whole system?"

DAC Lu replied: "Is the honourable member asking for an opinion or asking a question?"

Pressed on the inaction of his men, he said: "These are not two armies facing off, it was like fighting an insurgency so even if we wanted to shoot, shoot who?

"Stones were coming from behind people in the crowd," he added. "This would have been a totally different COI, asking different questions... (such as) why did you shoot without a clear line of sight?"

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember the court bashing lu during coi.
N during CNA news

he was chastised for not wearing his uniform. he was in cv.

littleindiacoi-main_0.jpg

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deputy Assistant Commissioner (DAC) Lu Yeow Lim (above), the ground commander for the police during the Little India riot, came under intense scrutiny for his decision-making by the Committee of Inquiry on Tuesday.

The commander of Tanglin Police Division was the second incident manager and the highest-ranking officer at the scene.

DAC Lu's actions in the 30 minutes between his arrival and that of the Special Operations Command troops led a committee member, former police commissioner Tee Tua Ba, to say that he "made the problem worse

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Charlie, you are right. That was the event that changed SPF. Prior to that no scholars as old man wanted to tried and tested folks to rise thru the ranks. In the old days, 60s, 70s, 80s, the PC will go all the way to AC and entry level Inspector may not even advance.

After the 3 clowns were posted, it was heralded as proven talent introduced from SAF Scholar cadres. A few years later old man himself revealed that those who failed the SAF Wrangler scheme was sent to the Police and there was only 3 and all 3 were posted out together. MHA by then had come to come of this and refused further transfer and create their old Scholarship scheme. It however was hit and miss. 3 turned out to be outstanding, one from each of the first 3 batch . First one became am MP and runs his family business (loaded to the hilt, nice guy), Second guy will be your new PM and 3rd guy is watching over the country's entire security apparatus. There is 4th one and is groomed to be the next CP and he certainly will be streets ahead of previous scholar CPs.

Ask the SPF to reveal the resignation rate of entry level male non-scholar graduate Inspectors / ASP - it is close to 95% over 20 years.

The Little Indian Riot is the outcome of the rot.

As for the SAF, there is no opportunity to date to test them in a real life scenario unlike Little India. After the riots, one truly wonders if it is hollow shell with expensive toys. Its like the PRC Army that went into North Vietnam to teach them a lesson. In the end they were taught a lesson and quickly retreated. The Same with the Indian Army who were decimated by Tamil Tigers ( a rag tag bunch ) In Sri Lanka and retreated with their tails behind their back. And for that incursion, the PM was assassinated as payback.

In all the 3 countries, the state media and propaganda are notorious for their nationalistic fervour.

With respect, I speculate that it went down the drain, with that former SAFOS, whose men went AWOL (at 1 SIR), and he (as well as CCK) were sent to the SPF.
He became the Commissioner, and stayed there for an extended period of time.
There are a few who are able and competent.
But the Little India riots demonstrated that at least one of their senior officers could not handle a live and happening evolving situation, even with all the weapons and assets at their disposal.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
CP Tee was spot on. A few warning shots to the sky would have stablised the chaotic scene.

Could have earned a double promotion to SAC.

The 48-year-old senior police officer seemed beleaguered at various points yesterday as the committee peppered him with questions, often cutting him off as he tried to answer.

At times, he gave as good as he got, asking at one point: "Is the COI using information gathered over the last three months to evaluate my actions on that night?"

At another, Mr Tee asked him: "Was it a failure of you, or a failure of the whole system?"

DAC Lu replied: "Is the honourable member asking for an opinion or asking a question?"

Pressed on the inaction of his men, he said: "These are not two armies facing off, it was like fighting an insurgency so even if we wanted to shoot, shoot who?

"Stones were coming from behind people in the crowd," he added. "This would have been a totally different COI, asking different questions... (such as) why did you shoot without a clear line of sight?"

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on the info available, and that at age 49, he was promoted to AC, whereas the DAC who took over from him, as the Commander of Tanglin Division is age 36, it appears that he may not be a SPFOS, but could be a "local scholar".

Look at DC Lau Peet Meng, already a DC, and a very likely candidate to be the next Commissioner of the SPF, is about age 40.
(this gentleman is a super high flyer)

Not OMS not LMS. Can't recall name of award or bursary. Did journalism and another major if I recall rightly. Was JO previously.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tiagong Kim Leng is busy doing research into the Baccarat and Bookmaking :

Very correct. Doing my JD at UniSIM and putting up my research paper on this case. Dean agreed it's a good topic. Asked if I want to be Dean after he retires. I agreed. Dun play play with me. Dean-to-be ok?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shorty Tee is a useless piece of shit. I witnessed first hand how he panicked over a small case though that case made headlines worldwide. When compared to LI, that Kuching case at most 1% of LI and shorty shitted in his pants. What a clown!

I am a fair person. Lu did not come out of the LI in good shape. But at least this guy is a very hardworking officer. He doesn't 'siam' work and responsibilities.

If he had been involved in gang clashes as a teenager, maybe he would have made better decisions at LI.

Knowing him, I am quite certain he was not armed that night. For a condemned mata-Kia like me, I would have taken the gamble and fired, hoping to get promotion to Insp(2).