• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious At 20, she is breadwinner for 13 family members

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/at-20-she-is-breadwinner-for-13-family-members

42617025_-_19_05_2017_-_ylfamily26.jpg

Ms Nurul Asyiqin Buang (centre), 20, and her family in their two-room rental flat in Tampines. PHOTO: THE NEW PAPER

SINGAPORE (THE NEW PAPER) - The small living room is filled with children screaming, fighting and running about.

In the midst of this chaos, three young women sit exasperated but familiar with the situation, as they try to manage the six hyperactive children.

Among the women is Miss Nurul Asyiqin Buang, 20, the breadwinner for 13 of her family members.

Miss Nurul gave up her engineering studies at the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) College East when she was 17. She had to start working as her father's chronic illnesses made him unable to work.

She told The New Paper: "I felt like it was my responsibility. No one asked me to do it."

All the family receives monthly, in terms of regular income, is the $1,500 Miss Nurul earns from working as a waitress.

The money feeds her father, stepmother, three brothers, two sisters, four half-siblings, niece, nephew and her. Her oldest brother is missing from home. :eek:

The family lives in a two-room rental flat in Tampines, with up to eight of them sleeping in the sole bedroom.

Miss Nurul's plight caught the attention of the founder of Facebook group Ian Free Milk Blessing, who approached crowdfunding site GIVE.asia to start a campaign for her. It has raised about $2,900 since May 15.

Earlier this month, before receiving a food donation from the Facebook group founder, the family had not had meat for 45 days.

They were mainly living off vegetables and dry rations provided by a social worker.

While the family receives financial aid from a few voluntary welfare organisations and help agencies, the aid does not last for long.

From North East Community Development Council (CDC), they received a one-off $700 worth of NTUC FairPrice Foundation - CDC Milk Fund vouchers.

But the family spends up to $1,250 on formula milk every month.

A Ministry of Social and Family Development spokesman said the family has been under its assistance for the past 5½ years.

They also receive cash assistance from ComCare, along with help for utilities and rental bills. Still, the family struggles.

Miss Nurul's father, Mr Buang Taib, 55, now works part-time as a security guard while battling various illnesses, including stage 4 lung cancer and diabetes.

STROKE

The family convinced him to cut down on work after he suffered a stroke during a shift and collapsed.

He has been provided with a Medical Fee Assistance Card and Medifund assistance.

Miss Nurul's biological mother left them when her youngest sister was just three months old, and her stepmother devotes her time to taking care of her husband and the rest of the family.

Miss Nurul's 16-year-old sister often skips school to take care of her siblings.

She also works as a cashier at a restaurant, earning $6 an hour.

She hopes to continue studying in an ITE or polytechnic.

She longs for better times.

"It is a bit stressed now. I want it to be the 'us' before. We used to be a happy family, going out more.

"Now, we rarely go out. Still, I am grateful to (Miss Nurul). She is always there for me," she said.

Her brother, Muhammad Hanif Buang, 19, is a third-year nursing student at Nanyang Polytechnic.

Despite the family's situation, Miss Nurul considers herself happy.

"We are a happy family. At times, I feel sad for (my family) because they do not get to eat what they want.

"What I hope is to help my family. I want to lessen their burden."

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What is the point of this SHit Times story? That $1500 a month can feed 13 kids? That cost of living in Zikapore is very cheap? Fucking newspaper is not even fit to wipe my ass on.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Proof of how stupid Islam is. Already so poor and yet can't make the wise choice of using condom.

Because of the stupid religion that can't help its followers to make good decision, the pleasure of the 2 for a few minutes made everyone suffer for years.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Proof of how stupid Islam is. Already so poor and yet can't make the wise choice of using condom.

Because of the stupid religion that can't help its followers to make good decision, the pleasure of the 2 for a few minutes made everyone suffer for years.

Only someone like u with no imagination think that Islam is stupid. If the followers of Islam breed 2 -3 times more then non Muslims, it will take no time for them to be the dominant religion and race in that area. Got it?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if they were living in sweden,denmark or norway they would be swimming in the dough and rolling in the deep.the m&ds would be partying in their 1500 sq ft house right now with two lexus in the front car porch.these m&ds are pursuing the right policy but in the wrong country,PAP wants babies but they dish out the baby bonus as though its precious gold,whats $12,000 or $6000 baby bonus when it cost upwards of a quarter million to raise a human life?in norway,swissland and europe,theres no such thing as child poverty,the government pays u more than 1000 euro a month for having a baby.Singapore only want cheap human slaves.

if these m&ds had any brains,they send their oldest child to migrate to europe,have a brood or litter there,then send the rest of the family over,

[video=youtube;rYEDA3JcQqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw[/video]

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only someone like u with no imagination think that Islam is stupid. If the followers of Islam breed 2 -3 times more then non Muslims, it will take no time for them to be the dominant religion and race in that area. Got it?

Only the Muslims in Saudi benefit from this fucking religion. The Muslims outside the oil rich middle East are programmed to be dumbed down uneducated serfs. Males make expendable foot soldiers the women become domestic help and rape victims.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They breed lots of criminals and drug addict. Not to mention suicide bombers. If that is the future of earth, then kill them off now for the sake of humanity.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Now you know why PAP has to import in hordes of tiongs. Too many sinkies, especially the chinks, are not breeding enough. They overthink their problems, whine about having a 2nd or 3rd kid, while the m&ds have shown time and again, they can raise 5-6 kids easily on half the income that an average sinkie chink earns.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They breed lots of criminals and drug addict. Not to mention suicide bombers. If that is the future of earth, then kill them off now for the sake of humanity.

The religion is not stupid. It is a highly refined programme to control, exploit and eventually kill off members of the conquered tribes. Which other belief system shuts down critical thinking and free will as effectively as Islam?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now you know why PAP has to import in hordes of tiongs. Too many sinkies, especially the chinks, are not breeding enough. They overthink their problems, whine about having a 2nd or 3rd kid, while the m&ds have shown time and again, they can raise 5-6 kids easily on half the income that an average sinkie chink earns.

i just did some quick math,if PAP sponsors each baby in Singapore $1000 a month,or $12,000 a year.it would cost them $240 million to sponsor 20,000 babies.if the government didnt go about throwing billions into terrible investments,building white elephants like sports hub,esplanade or gardens by the bay which cost another $55 million a year to maintain,and buying useless junk for the military,giving away billions to ang moh countries.all that money could be used to sponsoring hundreds of thousands of sinkie kids for years to come,strengthening the SIngaporean core and fortifying the country's greatest asset,her people.

naw man,lets just give 20,000 foreign trash citizenship every year.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's materialism vs contentment here, john.
but i have to give it to her (although not in the biblical sense) in supporting and taking responsibility for her extended family - it being the norm for m&ds to divorce easily and absorb the lard, stock and barrel upon re-marriage as in this case. may allah bless her soul, amin :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Did I miss something reading the article?

Where are the Muslim organizations helping them?

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its like watching a bunch of orang utans in a cage,or gorillas in the mist,perhaps Singapore should send their NUS scientists and animal activists down to observe these ecosystem or biome in their natural habitat to find out what makes these animals tick.

maybe we can get David attenbourough to do a documentary series on planet earth and these fascinating creatures.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did I miss something reading the article?

Where are the Muslim organizations helping them?
eh kup po, if you see sumpting darlingly nice, don't just kiss it - but eat it.
anyway, she has some assistance from several orgns but more can and should be done, i feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://give.asia/movement/nurul_story

My name is Nurul and this is the first time I’m attempting to seek help from the crowdfunding space, and please allow me to tell my story.

I’m the number 5th in the family out of the 11 and at the age of 20, I should be continuing my education or pursuing my dreams, but that wasn’t the case for me, but don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to provide for my family.

My father is at his Stage 4 terminal lung cancer, and at this stage, his liver starts to break down, so he’s in and out of hospital quite frequent. Besides lung cancer, he is also suffering from heart failure and kidney failure, which is quite devastating for him. But, he’s holding his head high, and taking it in his stride, and whenever he’s out from the hospital, he find himself working as a part time security guard, trying to help lessen my burden. Unfortunately, my mom had left us when I was very young.

Quite a few of my younger siblings are still in school and they should not be working, so the responsibility of up keeping lies on my shoulder.

We do get help from social worker that provide us with dry ration, and sometimes, that’s barely enough, so we’ll have to forgo things like poultry and rely mostly on rations and vegetables.

I’m happy to take on the responsibility of providing for my family, but most of the times, we require help to put food on the table, and my salary is only approximately $1500 per month, feeding 11 in the family.

I’m appealing anyone out there to assist me, to allow slightly better food for my family to get by, and you have my gratitude and blessing!

No amount is too small to help us, and we truly appreciate any help given.

Yours sincerely,

Nurul

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies shud stop compraining about low salaries ...

gahmen shud freeze n condemn any demands 4 wage increases immediately ...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
eh kup po, if you see sumpting darlingly nice, don't just kiss it - but eat it.
anyway, she has some assistance from several orgns but more can and should be done, i feel.

Driving and posting spelling mistake

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Driving and posting spelling mistake
yah, not that strict in los but mind the road - else another round of thermal session :wink:
https://give.asia/movement/nurul_story
My name is Nurul and this is the first time I’m attempting to seek help from the crowdfunding space, and please allow me to tell my story.

I’m the number 5th in the family out of the 11 and at the age of 20, I should be continuing my education or pursuing my dreams, but that wasn’t the case for me, but don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to provide for my family.

My father is at his Stage 4 terminal lung cancer, and at this stage, his liver starts to break down, so he’s in and out of hospital quite frequent. Besides lung cancer, he is also suffering from heart failure and kidney failure, which is quite devastating for him. But, he’s holding his head high, and taking it in his stride, and whenever he’s out from the hospital, he find himself working as a part time security guard, trying to help lessen my burden. Unfortunately, my mom had left us when I was very young.

Quite a few of my younger siblings are still in school and they should not be working, so the responsibility of up keeping lies on my shoulder.

We do get help from social worker that provide us with dry ration, and sometimes, that’s barely enough, so we’ll have to forgo things like poultry and rely mostly on rations and vegetables.

I’m happy to take on the responsibility of providing for my family, but most of the times, we require help to put food on the table, and my salary is only approximately $1500 per month, feeding 11 in the family.

I’m appealing anyone out there to assist me, to allow slightly better food for my family to get by, and you have my gratitude and blessing!

No amount is too small to help us, and we truly appreciate any help given.

Yours sincerely,
Nurul
she's worth assisting, more than the one that up lorry upon returning from jpan, i feel :rolleyes: