• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat ITacit Boycott of All Halal Foodstalls Owned By Kafirs In Geylang Serai Bazaar!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Excerpts of a long blog post: You can read the full article at http://sifted.halalfoodhunt.com/ultimate-list-whats-halal-geylang-serai-ramadan-bazaar-even-care/

BEFORE-YOU-4.png

Who is responsible for the food that is served? Halal means permissible. Haram means not permissible. Both have been explained and determined in the Qur’an (the word of God) and it is the responsibility of everyone who identifies themselves as a Muslim. In Islam, we are to care for and protect each other, as per the hadith below.

Abu Ad-Darda reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever defends the honor of his brother, then Allah will protect his face from the Hellfire on the Day of Resurrection.”

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 1931

And so, if someone says “I am a muslim and I am selling XYZ”, it is reasonable for the buyer to expect the seller to ensure the halal status of the food that he or she is selling. Based on the above, I will trust him or her and consume the food that he or she sells. If the food that he sells has somehow included non-halal ingredients (purposefully or otherwise), then I leave the judgement to Allah to hold him or her responsible and accountable for it in the afterlife.

Everyone is held accountable for the sins that they commit and the good things that they do in this life. Why am I mentioning this? Because, that’s what being a Muslim is all about; we all want to score “points”, minimise our sins and collect rewards in this life as a testament for us on the day of judgement, isn’t it?

However, this belief is not a mandate for non-Muslims. Since they do not hold the same beliefs or worldview, therefore we do not endorse any stall or eatery that is not owned by a Muslim. If the stall is not owned by a Muslim, halalfoodhunt.com (and The Halal Food Blog) as responsible publications talking about halal food, would then require them to be halal-certified before we endorse the stall or the said brand.

If you’re confused, we DO NOT certify halal. Who gives halal certification? Majlis Ugama Islam Singapure (MUIS), or the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore. They are legally the sole custodian of Halal Certifications in Singapore.

That said, halalfoodhunt.com then accepts and endorses Muslim-owned stalls only if the boss is Muslim. Muslim staff alone is not enough to account for halal because a Muslim staff is not responsible for the purchasing decisions of the ingredients sold in the stall. Therefore, we only hold the owner accountable for the halal status of their own stalls.

For Muslim-Owned Businesses:
Muslim-Owned businesses are verified by asking them to submit their company details and particulars (including NRIC) to us. The owner then, has to sign a document to state that he or she will be responsible for the halal status of his or her food establishment, before we begin any marketing effort and sharing about their eatery on our social media platforms.

What we found at Geylang Serai Ramadan Bazaar
For the purposes of this bazaar, we have either met the owner and asked them to sign off on his or her stall to verify that he or she is responsible for the halal status of his eatery. In other cases where the owner is unavailable, we have talked to the staff present to ask if the stall is Muslim-owned. If it is, the staff can sign off on our list as proxy to indicate that the stall is Muslim-owned.

I was honestly pretty shocked that all the stalls did not have their National Environment Agency (NEA) certificates on display yesterday (as they were currently in processing) for me to double confirm that the owner of the stall is Muslim.

So you guys, when the NEA certificates are released, our tip is to CHECK THE NEA CERTIFICATE! – NEA certificates contain the name of the owner of the stall, so looking out for the “binte” or “bin” that signals a Muslim name is one way to do a quick verification (Let’s also acknowledge that not all Muslims are Malay and have the “binte” or “bin” in their names. If that is the case, we would probe further)

Stalls that don’t have Halal Certificates but say that all the ingredients used are halal or halal-certified.
Some stalls not owned by Muslims in the bazaar have tried to convince us that the food they sell are halal because they have the halal certificate for the ingredients that they use.

For this, please refer to the halal risk factors which I’ve discussed earlier. The only way that I can endorse them in good conscience, is if I literally go to their stall, and open every single freezer, unpack all their food ingredients and check for halal.

I would also need to see their menu, identify the risks, and ask for all the ingredients that they use. From there, I would need them to produce the halal certificate for the ingredients that need a halal certification for certainty.

If you’re wondering, do I have the knowledge and training to do that? Yes, I do. (Thanks to my previous work experience.)

Am I going to do that? No, I am not.

Why? Simply because it is illegal to do so and only MUIS has the authority to do that.

So, am I going to list them as halal? No.

So, what do I recommend for these stalls?

What these stall owners can do however, is get the MUIS Halal Certificate for the Short Term Scheme. Details are here.

Screen-Shot-2017-05-27-at-11.11.46-PM.png

Don’t know how to apply?

Email me at [email protected] and I will help you apply.

P. S. For now, it’s too late but I can help you for your upcoming bazaars. Do note that all pasar malam stalls can also apply for this scheme.

OK. NOW THE LIST
Ok, so now that you know where my team and I are coming from, I can now release the list to you. Please DO NOT screenshot this list and send it to your friends.

SHARE THIS ENTIRE ARTICLE INSTEAD.
Reason: We expect stalls to be writing to us to clarify on their halal status, so this list will be updated from time to time.

http://sifted.halalfoodhunt.com/ultimate-list-whats-halal-geylang-serai-ramadan-bazaar-even-care/

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me this so-called halal is a superstitious thing. How does halal contribute to the taste, quality or freshness of cooked food? Take halal cooked meat and ordinary cooked meat. Leave them un-refrigerated for more than 24 hours. Surely both will stink. Is there any empirical evidence the halal food is superior to non-halal food?[/SIZE]

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Majority Sinkie mozzies dun care for this.....as Long as you tell them no pork they will Makan.
That said an increasing number are getting 'radicalised'.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To me this so-called halal is a superstitious thing. How does halal contribute to the taste, quality or freshness of cooked food? Take halal cooked meat and ordinary cooked meat. Leave them un-refrigerated for more than 24 hours. Surely both will stink. Is there any empirical evidence the halal food is superior to non-halal food?[/SIZE]

There are enough videos on Youtube stating that halal meat tastes far better than the non-halal meats, such as halal beef vs non-halal beef. There's also some guy who claims that fresh fish filleted his way taste far better than the way your mother fillets it in her kitchen, and hence he will sell you his filleted fish at a premium.

[video=youtube;a0Xk12l2IbE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Xk12l2IbE[/video]

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... There's also some guy who claims that fresh fish filleted his way taste far better than the way your mother fillets it in her kitchen, and hence he will sell you his filleted fish at a premium ...
got 1 burger craims his cabinet component r talons n hence charge a premium ...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
got 1 burger craims his cabinet component r talons n hence charge a premium ...

There is a woman who recently shot to fame in social media. I heard she teaches 'premium math'. Baby milk powder also costs more because it is 'premium'. Could be the same with 'halal' meat, which is supposed to taste better than the shitty haram meats.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ma restaurant in sj is supposed to be serving halal chinese muslim food, but chefs are tiongs and cooks are all mexican. owners are tiongs who are not muslims. kitchen is like any dirty and chaotic chinese restaurant in the u.s. and they buy meat from the nearby ranch 99 chinese supermarket when wholesale delivery truck is late or does not show up. when it shows up truck has mexican wholesale written all over it. yet muslims with beard and head covering show up every day for lunch and dinner. they love that place. only meat they don't serve is pork.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ma restaurant in sj is supposed to be serving halal chinese muslim food, but chefs are tiongs and cooks are all mexican. owners are tiongs who are not muslims. kitchen is like any dirty and chaotic chinese restaurant in the u.s. and they buy meat from the nearby ranch 99 chinese supermarket when wholesale delivery truck is late or does not show up. when it shows up truck has mexican wholesale written all over it. yet muslims with beard and head covering show up every day for lunch and dinner. they love that place. only meat they don't serve is pork.

Muslims eating food cooked by Israelis and chinks who love pork? I hope they don't ask questions about the dog or pork meats that make the food taste so good.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a woman who recently shot to fame in social media. I heard she teaches 'premium math'. Baby milk powder also costs more because it is 'premium'. Could be the same with 'halal' meat, which is supposed to taste better than the shitty haram meats.

That poke face cheesepie jo? Her cheesepie is premium or not?

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
these halal police are like dogs sitting on nails,kept barking more.frequently.. they could bid for entire ramandan bazzar and only rent out to their own community, not fool proof as the abang will sell the license to chinese stall operators..they are fucked again...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
These stallholders are silly. Just apply for short term Halal Certificate. That certificate draws the crowd in Geylang. The guy is also good enough to help them apply for them. What happened to the arsehole grassroots organisations, PA and the PAP porlumpars. Collect free carpark permits, special path for schools but do not do the work. They should be guiding the non-muslims stallholders, it will be a win-win for all.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How to summarize this? m&ds who sell to Chinese don't get blamed while non mudslime owners get blamed and of course Chinese whether mudslime or not get extra scrutiny. This is just a racist way to out Chinese bosses. You might be confused cos there are Chinese who are mudslimes and there are non mudslime bosses who aren't Chinese obviously but at the end of the day it's just a thinly veiled attempt of calling out Chinese bosses the ones who are mudslimes they grudgingly have to let off so they need to find another excuse to sabo them.

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are enough videos on Youtube stating that halal meat tastes far better than the non-halal meats, such as halal beef vs non-halal beef. .

True. There are many videos put out by Muslim sources claiming that halal killing is humane and that halal meat is better than non-halal.
The argument that halal meat tastes far better since the animal was killed in a humane way, is pure myth. How can they compare the taste of halal and non-halal when they do not eat non-halal meat? To prove their argument they have to engage non-Muslims as tasters! I have tastes halal as well as non-halal and found no difference.
Furthermore, can anyone believe that halal killing method is humane? See this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyP...outube.com/watch?v=gyP4ESEEAbY&has_verified=1
It is not a very barbaric way of killing?

Last edited: