• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious NOL Jinx/Fatfuck paper general Ng Yat Chung appointed SPH CEO?!

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ng Yat Chung to be SPH CEO from Sept 1; Alan Chan to retire after 15 years

Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) is appointing Mr Ng Yat Chung as chief executive officer from Sept 1, the media and property firm announced Friday (May 26) evening.PHOTO: BT
PUBLISHED3 MIN AGO
Lee Su ShyanBusiness Editor
SINGAPORE - Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) is appointing Mr Ng Yat Chung as chief executive officer from Sept 1, the media and property firm announced Friday (May 26) evening.

Mr Ng, 55, takes over from Mr Alan Chan Heng Loon, 64, who is retiring after 15 years at SPH.

Mr Ng is currently an independent director of SPH and chairs the board risk committee and is a member of the executive committee and the remuneration Committee. He will be appointed executive director on July 1 and assume the post of CEO on Sept 1.

Deputy CEO Patrick Daniel, 63, will also retire and step down from Sept 1 but he will continue as a part-time consultant and assist Mr Ng in managing some SPH subsidiaries and projects.

Get The Straits Times
newsletters in your inbox

Deputy CEO Anthony Tan, 44, will remain in the position, taking charge of both the English, Malay and Tamil Media Group and the Chinese Media Group, amongst other responsibilities.

Mr Andrew Lim, an independent director of SPH will replace Mr Ng as the chairman of the board risk committee with effect from July 1.

SPH chairman Dr Lee Boon Yang said: "Alan has served SPH with great distinction in the last 15 years. Under his leadership, SPH expanded its core media business to multiple platforms across print, digital, radio and outdoor and from a handful of magazine titles to more than 100 titles today.

"From just a media company, SPH now has a portfolio of retail and commercial properties and had established a real estate investment trust about four years ago, runs an exhibitions and events business in Singapore and the region, and has entered the healthcare industry.

"We have to credit all these milestone achievements to Alan's stewardship."

CEO-designate Mr Ng said: "I am pleased to join SPH as executive director and CEO-designate.

"The media landscape is rapidly evolving with technological convergence in the digital age. There are vast opportunities that can be reaped despite these challenges facing us."

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will SPH bankrupt next under this infamous imbecilic fat bastard???

ng_0.jpg

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP really takes care of its own.

Could it be he was appointed because he is still part of the intelligence services?

Is it true that there are ISD agents in high ranking positions in government and government linked organisations?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Could it be he was appointed because he is still part of the intelligence services?

Is it true that there are ISD agents in high ranking positions in government and government linked organisations?

Maybe his mother was LKY's whore.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't think he was ever in the Intel services.

They may or may not be but ALL will be 'sympathetic' and render assistance when asked.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP are like desperate gamblers when it comes to scholars who have failed miserably in previous postings.

They will continue to gamble. Similar to a losing pathological gambler who believes he can win just one baccarat game to recover all his previous losses. Empirical evidence suggests otherwise.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did some scientific studies on this bugger Ng Yat Chung. I also sought advice from supernatural powers and came to a conclusion.

There is only one entity in Spore that this bugger will sure to succeed, for once in his very privileged career thus far.

You see, his initials NYC means he must be posted to National Youth Council (NYC) but not as CEO or simi lanjiao high post. He need to Jaga jamban there to succeed. I can't be wrong.

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal
He cannot make it in marine industry so he takes over the propaganda industry and suck pappies' cock day in and day out.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am actually surprised by his appointment as CEO. In the past, Lien Ying Chow, Wee Cho Yaw and the OCBC Lees had the "custodial"powers for SPH. Wee Cho Yaw used to direct commercial (non-political ) direction to ensure its financial viability. I looked at the last financials and looks like Wee bailed out with the Lien family leaving the Lees on auto-pilot. Ng is a proven financial dud. I suspect no scholar wanted to touch it. Their entry into property management and healthcare shows they have given up.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I am actually surprised by his appointment as CEO. In the past, Lien Ying Chow, Wee Cho Yaw and the OCBC Lees had the "custodial"powers for SPH. Wee Cho Yaw used to direct commercial (non-political ) direction to ensure its financial viability. I looked at the last financials and looks like Wee bailed out with the Lien family leaving the Lees on auto-pilot. Ng is a proven financial dud. I suspect no scholar wanted to touch it. Their entry into property management and healthcare shows they have given up.

Next GLC to fail. Guaranteed.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is something interesting. The second largest shareholder who is not a body corporate is a perm sec and the daughter of former CJ.