• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious NOL Jinx/Fatfuck paper general Ng Yat Chung appointed SPH CEO?!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Hmm maybe they have plans to cash out of SPH?

Here's my theory (however crazy it is), GIC and Temasek are doing very very badly and losing a lot of money. Their "reserves" are actually dwindling.

Singapore desperately needs to raise cash to help prop the SGD$ through MAS.

In order to raise cash, they are selling off the GLCs. As I have alluded to in previous articles, most of the GLCs that are profitable now make money domestically. It is not foreign influx of capital. Hence only by selling away these entities can they get surplus in the foreign capital exchange.

This Ng bloke has got good experience in presenting a GLC as a money losing entity to the public but behind closed doors shows that there is money to be made. Hence the GLC can be sold for $$.

SPH is the next GLC to be sold.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the substantial shareholders, selling these companies means they CASH OUT.

Singapore is close to terminal liao.

with access to media and content on the internet, sph is being renamed to "slowly perform harakiri." might as well die quickly. less agony and anguish.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he's the corporate hitman. sph next to be sold. :p

more like the corporate hangman or strawman or deadman or hari kiri man.u dont need a crystal ball to known SPH is going under,what a brave man for volunteering for this suicide mission.

u know in the corporate world,usually the CEO would arrange for a large compensation package and golden parachute before accepting the job in case things dont go well and the company goes under whether or not its the CEO's fault,this is to protect them in case their reputations gets damaged in the industry and the risk of accepting the job,a ceo's reputation is extremely precious.

i hope Ng Yat Chung gets paid handsomely for accepting this job.i would not accept any golden parachute less than 10 million dollars.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
more like the corporate hangman or strawman or deadman or hari kiri man.u dont need a crystal ball to known SPH is going under,what a brave man for volunteering for this suicide mission.

u know in the corporate world,usually the CEO would arrange for a large compensation package and golden parachute before accepting the job in case things dont go well and the company goes under whether or not its the CEO's fault,this is to protect them in case their reputations gets damaged in the industry and the risk of accepting the job,a ceo's reputation is extremely precious.

i hope Ng Yat Chung gets paid handsomely for accepting this job.i would not accept any golden parachute less than 10 million dollars.

Ng Yat Chung is the patron saint for all scholars wannabes. If my kids turn out to be incompetent, at least I want them to be top scholars like this fat fuck.

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.hotelsandphotos.com/forum#!/current-affairs

6tfrdcT.png

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ng Yat Chung is the patron saint for all scholars wannabes. If my kids turn out to be incompetent, at least I want them to be top scholars like this fat fuck.

Fucking Lee Hsien Loong is dead set on doing Singapore in before he dies from cancer.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP are like desperate gamblers when it comes to scholars who have failed miserably in previous postings.

They will continue to gamble. Similar to a losing pathological gambler who believes he can win just one baccarat game to recover all his previous losses. Empirical evidence suggests otherwise.

PAP must support any failed scholar. PAP is so elitist and entrenched that it cant afford to let the Scholar Scheme fail.

This is a testing time for the pap

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Resident PAP scholar Calvin Cheng airs a contarian view.

"I have a contrarian view (no surprise) about Ng Yat Chung's appointment as CEO of SPH.

The mainstream online view is that he was a poor CEO of NOL.

I disagree.

NOL was already loss-making when Mr. Ng took over. He reduced the losses every single year he was there, enough to make NOL an acquisition target for French CMA CGA. Thus providing Temasek with an exit - in fact it was a good exit, the acquisition being the largest in CMA CGA's history.

The shipping environment in the last decade has changed, such that it is now very challenging for smaller shipping companies to survive. Consolidation of the industry is key to survival and CMA CGA is the world's third largest container shipping firm.

The sale of the loss-making NOL to a larger competitor in an all-cash $3.38 billion offer in my opinion, is an achievement. If I were Temasek, the majority shareholder, I would have been extremely happy with Mr. Ng.

And perhaps that's why he has been appointed as CEO of another Temasek company."

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I disagree.

NOL was already loss-making when Mr. Ng took over. He reduced the losses every single year he was there, enough to make NOL an acquisition target for French CMA CGA. Thus providing Temasek with an exit - in fact it was a good exit, the acquisition being the largest in CMA CGA's history.

The shipping environment in the last decade has changed, such that it is now very challenging for smaller shipping companies to survive. Consolidation of the industry is key to survival and CMA CGA is the world's third largest container shipping firm.

The sale of the loss-making NOL to a larger competitor in an all-cash $3.38 billion offer in my opinion, is an achievement. If I were Temasek, the majority shareholder, I would have been extremely happy with Mr. Ng.

And perhaps that's why he has been appointed as CEO of another Temasek company."
cant disagree dat datz exactly y he's sent 2 sph 4 a repeat per4mans ...

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, better go do your research. When Ng was appointed to NOL as CEO, he inherited an Nol that recorded a profit of $461m in 2010. Ron Widdows the highly regarded CEO retired. It was a recovery from the global downturn in 2009 which hit everyone. The recovery within one year was remarkable. Under Ng, not a single year of profit.

Imagine he inherited a profitable business and never registered a single year of profit and he is an expert. If he was so good, Temasek would have kept him. They cut him lose. Temasek does not have single share in SPH.

Calvin has a track record of writing rubbish. He was also convicted of market rigging.

cant disagree dat datz exactly y he's sent 2 sph 4 a repeat per4mans ...

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Resident PAP scholar Calvin Cheng airs a contarian view.

"I have a contrarian view (no surprise) about Ng Yat Chung's appointment as CEO of SPH.

The mainstream online view is that he was a poor CEO of NOL.

I disagree.

So his job is to keep firing people until it became a attractive acquisition target?I finally understand ng yat Chung's role now,he is more powerful than the dark wanderer,he is the harbinger of death,the HR personnel review consultant,he is Mephisto,Lord of terror!!!!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The mainstream online view is that he was a poor CEO of NOL.

I disagree ...
tis burger tok rots, make n idiot of himself n tot he's dam smart n noe all ...

... NOL was already loss-making when Mr. Ng took over. He reduced the losses every single year he was there, enough to make NOL an acquisition target for French CMA CGA. Thus providing Temasek with an exit - in fact it was a good exit, the acquisition being the largest in CMA CGA's history ...
evry year, he makes losses ... cant make any profit ... cma make profit immediately after taking over ... shows how far behind he is from cma capability ...

gud exit bcoz iz ze largest acquisition by cma? ... wat rubbish is tis? ... gud or no gud exit is not determined by ze size of acquisition of ze buyer ...

... The shipping environment in the last decade has changed, such that it is now very challenging for smaller shipping companies to survive. Consolidation of the industry is key to survival and CMA CGA is the world's third largest container shipping firm ...
so how does tis make him gud? ...

iz very challenging 4 small shipping coys 2 survive so haf 2 surrender urself 2 other bigga coys? ... iz oso very challenging 4 small cuntries 2 survive ... how about small cuntry sinkielan oso go surrender itself 2 other bigga cuntries? ...

... The sale of the loss-making NOL to a larger competitor in an all-cash $3.38 billion offer in my opinion, is an achievement. If I were Temasek, the majority shareholder, I would have been extremely happy with Mr. Ng.

y is n all-cash $3.38 billion offer n achiefmen? ... bcoz in ur opinion iz gud den it has 2 b gud? ... evry 1 has got n opinion ... evry idiot n retard oso got n opinion ... where's ur justification? ... tok like dat burger who say no white horse n sexpek pipz 2 totally believe him ...

tis burger try 2 spin sumting bad in2 sumting gud but it oni shows ze retard dat he is ...

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am still stunned that he became CEO of SPH.

Why? Scholars will always be well-taken care of, even if they are complete failures. Fatty isn't the first and certainly won't be the last. For every scholar who is ok, 5-6 others will be failures.

Getting straight As for exams when 18 yrs of age doesn't mean that bugger is an all-rounder, a polymath. There are many President scholars who emerge very average in their working career. Even those who went to Med school.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why? Scholars will always be well-taken care of, even if they are complete failures. Fatty isn't the first and certainly won't be the last. For every scholar who is ok, 5-6 others will be failures.

Getting straight As for exams when 18 yrs of age doesn't mean that bugger is an all-rounder, a polymath. There are many President scholars who emerge very average in their working career. Even those who went to Med school.

so LWL is is wel taken care of?